Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,120 members, 7,814,934 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:04 AM

Jonathan Provided Armored Vehicles That Saved Buhari's Life - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Provided Armored Vehicles That Saved Buhari's Life (3684 Views)

US Donates Armored Vehicles To Nigerian Army [PHOTOS] / Traffic Law: Lagos Lists Vehicles That Can Operate From 6am-9pm / How An Igbo Woman Saved Buhari From Coup Plotters In 1984 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Provided Armored Vehicles That Saved Buhari's Life by Nobody: 7:12am On Jul 28, 2014
Here is an excerpt from Akin Osuntokun's Thisday Column,
I join President Goodluck Jonathan and other well-wishers to thank God that General Muhammadu Buhari came to no harm in the attack on his convoy two days ago. The bad news is that scores of lesser known mortals lost their lives in the twin bomb attacks in Kaduna. For the record I have just been informed by Dangiwa Umar of how, a while ago, he got President Jonathan to boost the security around Buhari - which he did - with, among other reinforcements, the provision of armoured vehicles for his personal use. Only God knows the role played by these appurtenances in the survival of the general.
]

In a manner of speaking, this incident was presaged by the relapse of Buhari into the characteristic mould of issuing volatile and inciting statements - itself a culmination of an earlier one by another national leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC). Since the outcome of the Ekiti State governorship election, the party appears to have gone into a state of acute paranoia and panic. Contrived or inadvertent, the intensified momentum towards anarchic breakdown of society is an ill wind that will blow nobody any good.

Ironically, a lot of the sabre rattling is really a twisted cry and supplication to Jonathan to help in salvaging the APC from itself-imploring the president to use his good offices to intervene in saving APC governors from being impeached; to pull PDP back from the massive tailwind it gathered from Ekiti State. You have to ask yourself whether this escalation would have materialised if APC had won the election in Ekiti State, if Osun State is not at play, if Nyako had not been impeached, in short if the party is not collapsing on itself.

The way some APC partisans have latched on to the Buhari attack to rope in the president would have been comical were it not so tragic. If anybody should talk of conspiracy theories, the finger pointing may actually be more plausibly directed near home. The instant scapegoating of Jonathan - pointedly precluding Boko Haram as likely suspect - is in itself cause for suspicion. General Buhari had better watch his back against those who would rapidly concoct diversionary excuses for his potential assassination.

Even if Jonathan were to be incredibly naïve politically, he would at least know that Buhari is more useful to him alive than dead. Nothing solidifies support for Jonathan’s candidature better than the personality and potential candidacy of a divisive and polarising Buhari. So why eliminate such a rough and ready mobilisation tool? My thinking is that Buhari is a problem not for Jonathan but for the APC.

Contrariwise and for the same reason of his utility for his political opponent, Buhari has become like a fishbone caught in the throat of the APC. He is the central dilemma figure of the party. He is their most popular candidate, yet, constrained by the exclusive sectarian lop-sidedness of his popularity, he, most likely, would never be a winning bet for the Nigerian presidency.
The most charitable view of the insinuations and allegations being bandied around by people like Nasir el-Rufai is that it is a poor imitation of the wild and scurrilous allegations accusing Jonathan of waging genocide against the north by Murtala Nyako. This not being the case let us hope that this dastardly act is not an indication that some people are just too much in a hurry in the race to succeed Buhari.
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/assasination-attempt-on-buhari-/184478/

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Provided Armored Vehicles That Saved Buhari's Life by Nobody: 7:14am On Jul 28, 2014
I recall Gen Buhari saying in a recent Sahara Tv interview that he has no fear of BH as the govt has provided enough security for him, now confirmed by the respected Prif Akin Osuntokun and Col Dangiwa Umar

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Provided Armored Vehicles That Saved Buhari's Life by Nobody: 7:18am On Jul 28, 2014
na today yansh don dey for back?
Re: Jonathan Provided Armored Vehicles That Saved Buhari's Life by Nobody: 7:22am On Jul 28, 2014
SenseiX: I recall Gen Buhari saying in a recent Sahara Tv interview that he has no fear of BH as the govt has provided enough security for him, now confirmed by the respected Prif Akin Osuntokun and Col Dangiwa Umar
God bless you, i have been looking for that article. Thanks.

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan Provided Armored Vehicles That Saved Buhari's Life by Aderupoko2: 7:23am On Jul 28, 2014
Nigerian Army themselves have armoured tank and Boko is still dealing with them.....xLet's thank God alone for his life....for those saying GEJ should also share in the praise, try harder.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Provided Armored Vehicles That Saved Buhari's Life by macpetrus(m): 7:26am On Jul 28, 2014
Hmmmmmm
Re: Jonathan Provided Armored Vehicles That Saved Buhari's Life by Nobody: 7:28am On Jul 28, 2014
Obiagelli:
Exactly, posted these article to refute conspiracy theorists accusing both sides of being behind the attempt , Of Recent at least prior to Buhari's statement on the impeachment, both men had enjoyed a mutually respectful relationship meeting at least thrice in private to discuss national issues something Buhari mentioned in his statement on the impeachment saga so i wonder why someone would accuse Gej of trying to kill him knowing the General's massive following in the North and the likely response, Mallam ElRufai just can't reason rationally

10 Likes

Re: Jonathan Provided Armored Vehicles That Saved Buhari's Life by Nobody: 7:36am On Jul 28, 2014
The president also promptly called him when he was informed of the attack

8 Likes

Re: Jonathan Provided Armored Vehicles That Saved Buhari's Life by thegoodone2(m): 7:40am On Jul 28, 2014
mm
Re: Jonathan Provided Armored Vehicles That Saved Buhari's Life by gramci: 7:47am On Jul 28, 2014
The lunatic el rufai should bow his head in shame

10 Likes

Re: Jonathan Provided Armored Vehicles That Saved Buhari's Life by kheart(m): 7:48am On Jul 28, 2014
mtchewwww useless thread from sense LESS n use Less op
Re: Jonathan Provided Armored Vehicles That Saved Buhari's Life by omenka(m): 7:48am On Jul 28, 2014
Great info for some knockle heads here who were asking if Buhari wasn't a thief with enough money to finance terrorists, how then did he get the money to buy armoured vehicles?

Now you guys got your answer! Choke on it!

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Provided Armored Vehicles That Saved Buhari's Life by ratiken(m): 7:50am On Jul 28, 2014
Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan is a great and good man. Posterity will judge him positively and he will be sorely missed after 2019.

This is exactly how politics is played.
Assuming tables turn and APC happens to be the govt at the centre..... could this gesture ever be reciprocated?

Your guess is as good as mine. Their antecedents have been purely negative and evil politics.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jonathan Provided Armored Vehicles That Saved Buhari's Life by LordVarys: 7:57am On Jul 28, 2014
Thats how politics should be played with decency, Kudos to GEJ

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Provided Armored Vehicles That Saved Buhari's Life by Nobody: 7:59am On Jul 28, 2014
SenseiX:
Exactly, posted these article to refute conspiracy theorists accusing both sides of being behind the attempt , Of Recent at least prior to Buhari's statement on the impeachment, both men had enjoyed a mutually respectful relationship meeting at least thrice in private to discuss national issues something Buhari mentioned in his statement on the impeachment saga so i wonder why someone would accuse Gej of trying to kill him knowing the General's massive following in the North and the likely response, Mallam ElRufai just can't reason rationally
someone actually posted a thread here that buhari most have gotten the SUVs with stolen funds.
Re: Jonathan Provided Armored Vehicles That Saved Buhari's Life by Nobody: 8:00am On Jul 28, 2014
ratiken: Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan is a great and good man. Posterity will judge him positively and he will be sorely missed after 2019.

Assuming tables turn and APC happens to be the govt at the centre..... could this gesture ever be reciprocated?
could, till we try them.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Provided Armored Vehicles That Saved Buhari's Life by ikweremilitant: 8:01am On Jul 28, 2014
kheart: mtchewwww useless thread from sense LESS n use Less op
ode oshi,aran oko

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Provided Armored Vehicles That Saved Buhari's Life by stebell(m): 8:06am On Jul 28, 2014
Obiagelli:
someone actually posted a thread here that buhari most have gotten the SUVs with stolen funds.

Hello Oby, hw fa na long tym
Tot yu were ban. Tho I havnt been posting jus viewing.

Too much hate in NL dis days.
Re: Jonathan Provided Armored Vehicles That Saved Buhari's Life by Ofunaofu: 8:12am On Jul 28, 2014
ratiken: Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan is a great and good man. Posterity will judge him positively and he will be sorely missed after 2019.

Come 2015 the tables will surely turn and you see many gestures being reciprocated.
Re: Jonathan Provided Armored Vehicles That Saved Buhari's Life by dustydee: 8:12am On Jul 28, 2014
Sometime last month, I read a report where the federal government was reported to have increased security around former heads of state because of intelligence report that there were plans to attack them. So for people to claim it was stage managed is surprising. Also the allegation by Buhari and APC that it is an attempt on his life sounds like it is the PDP/FG that is responsible which to me is un called for and baseless.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Provided Armored Vehicles That Saved Buhari's Life by saintkash(m): 8:14am On Jul 28, 2014
Re: Jonathan Provided Armored Vehicles That Saved Buhari's Life by rozayx5(m): 8:18am On Jul 28, 2014

Your guess is as good as mine. Their antecedents have been purely negative and evil politics.

i wonder my brother cause the jweeds i know are devilish

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Provided Armored Vehicles That Saved Buhari's Life by Nobody: 8:20am On Jul 28, 2014
stebell:

Hello Oby, hw fa na long tym
Tot yu were ban. Tho I havnt been posting jus viewing.

Too much hate in NL dis days.
i have been around bro, how are you doing.
Re: Jonathan Provided Armored Vehicles That Saved Buhari's Life by bloodykiller: 8:24am On Jul 28, 2014
sai Gej till 2019

i said it buhari's counterpart doesn't want that presidential ticket for him thats why they want to take the opportunity of the fuss between him and Gej to eliminate him so that blame will go to Gej and public sympathy and votes to them but they failed.

buhari should watch his back and know who to trust in that party.
i said it that Apc is just a brand name with the same 80% of pdp thieves lets just say it's nPdp with the brand Apc.

#DontTrustAtiku

8 Likes

Re: Jonathan Provided Armored Vehicles That Saved Buhari's Life by stebell(m): 8:24am On Jul 28, 2014
Obiagelli:
i have been around bro, how are you doing.

Doing great tho Ph is beginning ‎​t̶̲̥̅̊​o̶̲̥̅̊​ get boring. But i sure kno hw ‎​t̶̲̥̅̊​o̶̲̥̅̊​ get ♍Ɣ groove on.

Take care.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Provided Armored Vehicles That Saved Buhari's Life by Nobody: 8:25am On Jul 28, 2014
LMAO!! You're so dumb man! You're a clear example of what they call confidence in stup*idity
kheart: mtchewwww useless thread from sense LESS n use Less op

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Provided Armored Vehicles That Saved Buhari's Life by egift(m): 8:36am On Jul 28, 2014
gramci: The lunatic el rufai should bow his head in shame

You conveniently skipped Dokubo who said the General bombed himself. You ignored the many members here you have been raining insults on the General for allegedly bombing himself.

BTW, El-Rufai said the bombing of GMB was an assassination attempt - and that is a fact. Whoever that is, only God knows.

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan Provided Armored Vehicles That Saved Buhari's Life by OkikiOluwa1(m): 8:43am On Jul 28, 2014
Obiagelli:
That's very kind of Jonathan

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Provided Armored Vehicles That Saved Buhari's Life by eunisam: 8:52am On Jul 28, 2014
Oga jona.please provide bullet prooveless cares to the third class citizens. Make it affordable we r willing to buy at 150000 naira oh. How much is bulletproove jeep?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Provided Armored Vehicles That Saved Buhari's Life by Nobody: 9:10am On Jul 28, 2014
For all his flaws though, GEJ is the closest Nigeria has had to a gentleman president, Gowon and YarAdua aside.
That said, BH remains fundamentally an apolitical group and rather than politicizing issues of national security, we should tackle em headlong.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Provided Armored Vehicles That Saved Buhari's Life by rattlesnake(m): 9:17am On Jul 28, 2014
Fukc this crap
Re: Jonathan Provided Armored Vehicles That Saved Buhari's Life by bank2k4real(m): 9:36am On Jul 28, 2014
Success involves some efforts. You must be ready to make some kind of necessary effort that will lead you to success.

Check my signature below for more details and get your free gift..

can contact me on whatsapp +2348063203540.....call...
+233264859942, +233540975809, 08063203540, bank2k4real@gmail.com
Bb pin 295935A3

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Are Navy And Airforce Officers Not Used As President's ADC? / Zahra Buhari Calls President Obama #childfuckers ( Photo ) / South West Votes Is Irrelevant In Nigeria Politics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.