Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,974 members, 7,852,288 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 03:20 PM

Do Muslims Truly Find It Hard To Forgive Easily? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Do Muslims Truly Find It Hard To Forgive Easily? (873 Views)

Do Muslims from Northern Nigeria have native names? / Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? / Why Do Muslims Hate Christians So Much, Could This Be The Anti-christ Coming? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Muslims Truly Find It Hard To Forgive Easily? by belookinqz: 10:30am On Jul 28, 2014
I'm a muslim so it isn't about religion... just want to hear ur opinions and experiences!

I have friends of both religions(Christianity and Islam)...
both its a common saying among people dat muslims don't forgive easily... honestly to an extent I've confirmed it but av also seen some Muslim bros and sis dat are extremely nice, dey don't even get annoyed...
pls what u think?

1 Like

Re: Do Muslims Truly Find It Hard To Forgive Easily? by bbello28(m): 10:36am On Jul 28, 2014
I also confirm dat (Y)
Re: Do Muslims Truly Find It Hard To Forgive Easily? by Nobody: 10:42am On Jul 28, 2014
it is not that they find it hard to forgive, they Dont forgive at all
Re: Do Muslims Truly Find It Hard To Forgive Easily? by Agimor(m): 10:50am On Jul 28, 2014
Is there anything like forgiveness in the Koran!The basic truth is that Muslims dont forgive.they believe in the tooth for tat laws.
Re: Do Muslims Truly Find It Hard To Forgive Easily? by lilbk: 11:36am On Jul 28, 2014
Agimor: Is there anything like forgiveness in the Koran!The basic truth is that Muslims dont forgive.they believe in the tooth for tat laws.

there is.. in fact more than you can imagine, the problem is when u blame errors committed by Muslims on there holy book or religion as a whole..

I also have Christian friends, they make errors but I don't blame it on their religion.. I blame them in person. leave religion out of this!

1 Like

Re: Do Muslims Truly Find It Hard To Forgive Easily? by dejt4u(m): 11:56am On Jul 28, 2014
Inna llah gafuru-rahiim..
When almighty Allah can forgive..so why cant the mortal being forgive..
Forgiveness is an integral part of my religion..
If you zero ur mind not to forgive, then you are not a muslim..

OP, i doubt it dat u ar a muslim..

2 Likes

Re: Do Muslims Truly Find It Hard To Forgive Easily? by Agimor(m): 1:09pm On Jul 28, 2014
lilbk:

there is.. in fact more than you can imagine, the problem is when u blame errors committed by Muslims on there holy book or religion as a whole..

I also have Christian friends, they make errors but I don't blame it on their religion.. I blame them in person. leave religion out of this!
How can you sepirate the Koran from the Muslims it goes hand in hand.
Re: Do Muslims Truly Find It Hard To Forgive Easily? by Agimor(m): 1:09pm On Jul 28, 2014
lilbk:

Re: Do Muslims Truly Find It Hard To Forgive Easily? by belookinqz: 9:27pm On Jul 28, 2014
I support also
Re: Do Muslims Truly Find It Hard To Forgive Easily? by lilbk: 10:12pm On Jul 28, 2014
Agimor: How can you sepirate the Koran from the Muslims it goes hand in hand.

yes... but they become separate, once they go against its teachings no matter how little.

just like you cannot blame a car for having an accident when it was drove by a sleeping or drunk person because the car was excellent but the driver made a mistake,
such is the Qur'an and also all holy books and their followers..
"there are no bad religions, we only have some bad followers"-Kofi Annan .

once everyone can go by the true teachings of their holy books, the world would be better place..

besides this shouldn't be a topic at all as it is a attitude you can find in any human irrespective of religion or nationality..

1 Like

Re: Do Muslims Truly Find It Hard To Forgive Easily? by BetaThings: 3:02am On Jul 29, 2014
belookinqz: I'm a muslim so it isn't about religion... just want to hear ur opinions and experiences!

I have friends of both religions(Christianity and Islam)...
both its a common saying among people dat muslims don't forgive easily... honestly to an extent I've confirmed it but av also seen some Muslim bros and sis dat are extremely nice, dey don't even get annoyed...
pls what u think?

Who are the people saying these things?
Where do they live?
No group forgives more than Muslims
Every day Non-Muslim are HARD AT WORK FABRICATING wicked stories about Islam
Look at the tragedy in India with highly-paid people saying that
"boys will be boys, they will make mistakes (r-a.p-e),
"some r-a,p.e can be justified"
etc.
Have you seen any post by non-muslims on that?
South Sudan wish was presented as the victim of orgy of violence by Muslims is now independent and is a killing field"
Have you seen any post on it by non-muslims
Don't let anyone play with your mind - all those weapons that are more and more efficient at killing people
Who is inventing and improving them? Non-Muslims
Are you saying those weapons are now to be used for "forgiveness"?

Let anyone who disputes my declaration about the largeness of heart of Muslims this take up the challenge of a debate
Since you are a muslim, you should be able to counter the argument anyway
Read the Qur'an - you are enjoined to repay evil what is better
Even murder can be forgiven by the family of the victim

1 Like

Re: Do Muslims Truly Find It Hard To Forgive Easily? by belookinqz: 7:38am On Jul 29, 2014
BetaThings:

Who are the people saying these things?
Where do they live?
No group forgives more than Muslims
Every day Non-Muslim are HARD AT WORK FABRICATING wicked stories about Islam
Look at the tragedy in India with highly-paid people saying that
"boys will be boys, they will make mistakes (r-a.p-e),
"some r-a,p.e can be justified"
etc.
Have you seen any post by non-muslims on that?
South Sudan wish was presented as the victim of orgy of violence by Muslims is now independent and is a killing field"
Have you seen any post on it by non-muslims
Don't let anyone play with your mind - all those weapons that are more and more efficient at killing people
Who is inventing and improving them? Non-Muslims
Are you saying those weapons are now to be used for "forgiveness"?

Let anyone who disputes my declaration about the largeness of heart of Muslims this take up the challenge of a debate
Since you are a muslim, you should be able to counter the argument anyway
Read the Qur'an - you are enjoined to repay evil what is better
Even murder can be forgiven by the family of the victim

okay but way about d Muslims having dat problem? they just won't forgive! even my Muslim gf forgives me only after a week.
Re: Do Muslims Truly Find It Hard To Forgive Easily? by BetaThings: 11:17am On Jul 29, 2014
belookinqz:

okay but way about d Muslims having dat problem? they just won't forgive! even my Muslim gf forgives me only after a week.
I cannot speak for your "gf". You are not even supposed to have a gf.
But what about Muslims that don't pray, fast, pay zakat etc, deeds known by all to be compulsory
And Muslims who lie, steal?
Should we not open threads about all of them
Refusing to forgive is just a demonstration of weakness of faith
If we can accept it for not praying salat, why should we not accept it for finding it hard to forgive
Eg Islam requires us to keep family ties
Do you think we can continue to maintain ties with all members of the family if we don't forgive?

1 Like

Re: Do Muslims Truly Find It Hard To Forgive Easily? by tpia1: 11:50am On Jul 29, 2014
belookinqz:

I should think having an unforgiving nature is linked more to a culture, environment or genetics, than religion per se.

There are people who do not forgive, you haven't provided strong evidence to show it is the religion which says they must not forgive, rather than their nature and character making them unable to do so. Oftentimes, this is blamed on religion but such an attitude is not limited to one religion alone.

It could also be religious dictates encourage unforgiveness, but at the same time, it is still a personal decision or trait exhibited by the individual. I opened a thread before the shutdown , showing how peoples' survival as a group may be tied to the stereotypes and attitudes they are known for, and while I was referring to a different context than yours, its quite possible the people you have noticed, who hold grudges and keep malice, are influenced by culture ( and possibly genetics) in addition to religion. I know for a fact there is no forgiveness in ATR and among many christians.

This is why christians were told when praying, we have to ask God to forgive our sins to the same extent we forgive others.
Re: Do Muslims Truly Find It Hard To Forgive Easily? by AbdH: 7:36pm On Jul 29, 2014
In Makkah, his (Mohammad SAW) people inflicted him with every kind of suffering, eventually forcing him to emigrate to Madinah, and then waged war on him for five years.

However, when he conquered Makkah without bloodshed in the twenty-first year after announcing Prophethood, he asked the Makkan unbelievers who were awaiting his decision about them:
“How do you expect me to treat you?” They responded unanimously: "You are a noble one, the son of a noble one."
He announced to them his decision:
“You may go free! No reproach this day shall be on you; may Allah forgive you.”

———————————————
My point is; if the prophet SAW could forgive those who persecuted him, why would Muslims who take him as a role model not forgive others? Hmm?

We forgive others a lot.
If you find anyone who does not forgive easily, it is because that is who he or she is.....not what his or her religion teaches.
Re: Do Muslims Truly Find It Hard To Forgive Easily? by belookinqz: 9:39am On Aug 01, 2014
AbdH: In Makkah, his (Mohammad SAW) people inflicted him with every kind of suffering, eventually forcing him to emigrate to Madinah, and then waged war on him for five years.

However, when he conquered Makkah without bloodshed in the twenty-first year after announcing Prophethood, he asked the Makkan unbelievers who were awaiting his decision about them:
“How do you expect me to treat you?” They responded unanimously: "You are a noble one, the son of a noble one."
He announced to them his decision:
“You may go free! No reproach this day shall be on you; may Allah forgive you.”

———————————————
My point is; if the prophet SAW could forgive those who persecuted him, why would Muslims who take him as a role model not forgive others? Hmm?

We forgive others a lot.
If you find anyone who does not forgive easily, it is because that is who he or she is.....not what his or her religion teaches.
hmmmmmw I. understand now.... great

(1) (Reply)

Sunnatic Wedding / Apostasy In Islam? / Propaganda Campaign In Nigeria Against Iran And Muslims.Please Muslims Beware!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.