Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:21 AM

How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE - Education (141) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE (1348368 Views)

10 Youngest People Ever To Achieve A Doctorate Degree / Learn The Gre Word List / Tips On How To Pass The GRE. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) ... (618) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by happyday: 7:14pm On Nov 10, 2016
iCool:
@Happyday. I see you. *wink*
You're well mouthed bro!
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by nikenry(f): 5:35am On Nov 11, 2016
iCool:

Checked and this one still works.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9biiirqkvscmaot/MG%20Prem_2.rar?dl=0
Thanks dearie, it worked. I just downloaded the file.. God bless you greatly.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by iCool(m): 7:49am On Nov 11, 2016
God bless you greatly.
Amen smiley
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by drhopeful: 1:15pm On Nov 11, 2016
Question about TOEFL speaking....

With The NoteFull formula, won't ETS think it's plagiarism? It seems to me everyone would be inclined to use it.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by iCool(m): 1:26pm On Nov 11, 2016
drhopeful:
Question about TOEFL speaking....

With The NoteFull formula, won't ETS think it's plagiarism? It seems to me everyone would be inclined to use it.

I had the same thoughts. Yet to hear anyone was penalized for that.

The percentage of plagiarism would be low since other parts of your answer will be unique to you.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by drhopeful: 3:23pm On Nov 11, 2016
iCool:

I had the same thoughts. Yet to hear anyone was penalized for that.

The percentage of plagiarism would be low since other parts of your answer will be unique to you.
Thanks @iCool. How is GRE rewrite prep going?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Glowrie22: 3:32pm On Nov 11, 2016
KINGMAKER001:
Good am, please how do source or get the TOEFL materials? thanks

Hi. You can download them online. I used mainly ETS materials and Kaplan. Sorry for the late reply.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by iCool(m): 4:26pm On Nov 11, 2016
drhopeful:
Thanks @iCool. How is GRE rewrite prep going?

It has been a disaster! sad

Going very slow, I've been extremely busy these days and it just got worse this week.

I have been working on the verbal and my vocab for 2weeks, will resume Quant studies after I have resolved all pending issues.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by kannyt01(m): 4:37pm On Nov 11, 2016
Hi my dear NLs i just create an account for my GRE but i plan taking the test Feb/mar '17.
pls i need someone to help me with test materials for preparation?

The earlier the better i suppose

Thanks
Best Regards
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by codexgigax: 6:48pm On Nov 11, 2016
nikenry:
Hi friends, I am presently facing difficulties in downloading the Magoosh video from the links provided in page 133. The file was said to be no longer available in the dropbox link, and the Google Drive link kept on requesting for permission.I sincerely need your help....

PM me for the magoosh videos.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by kunbeeee: 8:05pm On Nov 11, 2016
Hello...pls I need to knw what book or blog or any other resource that can help improve my Reading comprehension..
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by codexgigax: 8:42pm On Nov 11, 2016
If you need study materials for GRE (PDFs - ETS, Manhattan, Barron, Nova, Kaplan, etc, PowerPrep software, Magoosh videos), please do not hesitate to contact me. Please note that this offer is for those that have registered for the exam.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by wonderbaby10: 10:54pm On Nov 11, 2016
Hi everyone,please which of the schools is good in health and their fee is not much? Please I need help on that,thanks
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 10:58pm On Nov 11, 2016
Wishing everyone here the best as they prepare for the
Spring and Fall semesters.
I hope all your efforts are crowned with the best admission and funding
offers. Please, if you sent me SOP to help proof-read, send me a reminder
around thanksgiving period (Nov 21-25), so I can create some time for them.
Good luck and love you all! smiley

3 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by wonderbaby10: 10:59pm On Nov 11, 2016
Hi everyone,please which of the schools is good in health and their fees are not much,please i need help on that,thanks.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Sbrainy(m): 1:37am On Nov 12, 2016
Anyone writing Nov 14 in PH??
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by amofum(m): 3:41am On Nov 12, 2016
happyday:
Hello people,

Has anyone just written the GRE, and completely lost on what next to do, as per selecting school, applications, payment, contacting profs etc.?, then drop a message here, so I can help a bro/sis. For Fall 2017 apps. Especially if you scored > 315.

See the angel I've been waiting for. Nna I scored around that range and I seem to be changing schools everyday oooooo. Please come to my rescue. Desired field Organizational Behaviour, Organizational Science, Human Resource Management, Labour and Employment Relations etc. Desired level of Study: PhD
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by happyday: 5:51am On Nov 12, 2016
amofum:

See the angel I've been waiting for. Nna I scored around that range and I seem to be changing schools everyday oooooo. Please come to my rescue. Desired field Organizational Behaviour, Organizational Science, Human Resource Management, Labour and Employment Relations etc. Desired level of Study: PhD
Have you checked Industrial and Labour Relations at Cornell University? Check the admission requirements here: https://www.ilr.cornell.edu/academics/degree-programs/graduate-degree-programs/master-industrial-and-labor-relations-milr/admission-requirements

Also, Human Resources and Industrial Relations at University of Minnesota is MA, not PhD, but there are GA funding slots if your profile is competitive. I think it's a safe school. Check http://carlsonschool.umn.edu/degrees/master-arts-human-resources-industrial-relations
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by crowntoro(f): 8:53am On Nov 12, 2016
iCool:

It has been a disaster! sad

Going very slow, I've been extremely busy these days and it just got worse this week.

I have been working on the verbal and my vocab for 2weeks, will resume Quant studies after I have resolved all pending issues.
when are you writing?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Sbrainy(m): 8:57am On Nov 12, 2016
Please for those who has taken the test, please tell us about how you ate. Like are we allowed to take some things at least.....will one b allowed to take in phone .

What kind of food or snack shud b taken....

About 4 hours exam.....d feeding .....

Pls responses
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Leyqute(m): 9:09am On Nov 12, 2016
Sbrainy:
Please for those who has taken the test, please tell us about how you ate. Like are we allowed to take some things at least.....will one b allowed to take in phone .

Pls responses

It's weird that you're worried about food. smiley

I'd say have a light meal in the morning before the test and then some snacks during the break, if you can.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by iCool(m): 10:09am On Nov 12, 2016
crowntoro:
when are you writing?
Early December, I want to improve on my verbal score of 152 (did VERY little prep on it the last time).

Quant wouldn't be a problem (did a Kaomanfen test this morning and the result was excellent).

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 10:29am On Nov 12, 2016
iCool:

Early December, I want to improve on my verbal score of 152 (did VERY little prep on it the last time).

Quant wouldn't be a problem (did a Kaomanfen test this morning and the result was excellent).

Team Excellence
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by EmanA1928(m): 11:57am On Nov 12, 2016
Good morning. I do have a couple of questions as it relates to the GRE. I am a PhD hopeful and have taken the GRE. I scored 312(155V and 157Q) and I'm going for the pharmaceutical sciences. My IELTS score is 7.5 (some schools do accept it in lieu of the TOEFL)
I'm just wondering if thats a good score and how competitive that makes me. My undergraduate GPA was 4.72/5.0 and i had a distinction in my Masters.

4 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Renewable0216: 12:17pm On Nov 12, 2016
galsontherock:

Thanks for the advice.Please can you share the link to the kaplan free test. I have been trying so hard to get a free kaplan test but I have been unsuccessful. Please help out.

Please kindly share the link for accessing the Kaplan free test!

Real test is in less than a week.!

Please help out!!!

Vielén Danké!

cc: ChemEngr01
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by drhopeful: 3:52pm On Nov 12, 2016
Ehen......Who are those that said TOEFL is easy? Come out oh let me flog u people. Chei!!! I mean reading and writing were sweet, listening was weird, especially those annoying lectures. It's tough taking notes and listening at the same time. Hopefully I got more right than wrong. Speaking was TERRIBLE! My speaking Q6 was a disaster. Did not understand what the hell the professor was talking about. Now I am really worried. cry

Prayers for speaking and listening in full activation.

2 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by drhopeful: 3:59pm On Nov 12, 2016
EmanA1928:
Good morning. I do have a couple of questions as it relates to the GRE. I am a PhD hopeful and have taken the GRE. I scored 312(155V and 157Q) and I'm going for the pharmaceutical sciences. My IELTS score is 7.5 (some schools do accept it in lieu of the TOEFL)
I'm just wondering if thats a good score and how competitive that makes me. My undergraduate GPA was 4.72/5.0 and i had a distinction in my Masters.
Your GPA's are excellent, your IELTS is cool but your GRE is a lil iffy, well, depending on the calibre of schools you are looking at. If I were in your shoes, I would retake the GRE to improve V score. The Q score is ok for pharmaceutical sciences. Just my lil cents.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Ajibade105(m): 4:16pm On Nov 12, 2016
Who have seen the movie 'watch grimsby 2016'. In that movie they reported at the WHN world headline news that Donald Trump has AIDS.

I guess the director of the movie didn't know President elect Donald Trump will win the election. I can see someone going to jail and can predict the first to leave america. Lol

Guess what, at the end of the movie, they said Donald Trump was not involved in this film and is not HIV positive. Now, your jail sentence has being reduced to 20years and not infinite. Lol

Congratulations to the US President Elect.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by iCool(m): 4:50pm On Nov 12, 2016
drhopeful:
Ehen......Who are those that said TOEFL is easy? Come out oh let me flog u people. Chei!!!

I said so grin grin grin tongue

To go America no easy at allllll embarassed
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by donasere(m): 1:19am On Nov 13, 2016
drhopeful:
Ehen......Who are those that said TOEFL is easy? Come out oh let me flog u people. Chei!!! I mean reading and writing were sweet, listening was weird, especially those annoying lectures. It's tough taking notes and listening at the same time. Hopefully I got more right than wrong. Speaking was TERRIBLE! My speaking Q6 was a disaster. Did not understand what the hell the professor was talking about. Now I am really worried. cry

Prayers for speaking and listening in full activation.

Don't stress you'd make it!!

All the best!
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Gozychuks(m): 12:46pm On Nov 13, 2016
who is writing on Dec. 14th and is ready for a comprehensive one month study session with daily and weekly goals. PM me i am also writing on the 14th. Let's strategise together on how to maximise one month study
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by seeker88(m): 5:01pm On Nov 13, 2016
Sbrainy:

Pls responses

Just take your normal breakfast in the morning before going for the test....you should know which food when taken as breakfast keeps your mind alive........go for such tongue
You are not allowed to even touch your phone until after the whole test. Though u can go to the centre with ur phone, and you will be provided with a locker to lock your stuffs up while taking the test.

During the 10mins break, you can take light food if u have. Chocolate bar and and energy drink (eg, Reb Bull, Power Horse, etc) are good food to take during the break as they keep ur mind awake and give u d instant energy to fire on stronger cheesy
It's not advisable to take junk foods during the break as these may cause fatigue for you during the last stage of the test...you don't wanna feel bored and tired of the convoluted Verbal Comprehension passage after taking junk foods grin

I wish you great success in your test.

Cheers!

(1) (2) (3) ... (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) ... (618) (Reply)

The medical students and aspirants thread / Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.