Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,656 members, 7,809,481 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:21 AM

How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE - Education (451) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE (1348023 Views)

10 Youngest People Ever To Achieve A Doctorate Degree / Learn The Gre Word List / Tips On How To Pass The GRE. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) (453) (454) ... (618) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by rozay111: 12:14pm On Jan 24, 2019
you are welcome
Taigreg:

done...thanks Chief
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by solihp(f): 12:33pm On Jan 24, 2019
Hello everyone

So I have been trying to use the Magoosh flash cards application to learn the vocabularies in preparation for my exam, I realised it was not an effective way for me to learn new words. I got an email from Magoosh about their new app and I just want to inform the house. Incase you have tough time with the vocabularies, you can check out GRE Vocabulary Builder app in playstore. It is more interactive than the flashcard in such a way that you'd be given a word and options would be given to chose from. I just started using it and it is so effective, there are different levels for different difficult segments and there are about 1000words in total

Just thought I should share with others incase it would be helpful.

Regards

PS: it has segments for SAT and TOEFL

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by 4gunners(m): 2:28pm On Jan 24, 2019
You are right. It's more interactive than the old app. The funny thing is that I got to know about the update after my GRE last year.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by CuteRedd(f): 3:10pm On Jan 24, 2019
solihp:
Hello everyone

So I have been trying to use the Magoosh flash cards application to learn the vocabularies in preparation for my exam, I realised it was not an effective way for me to learn new words. I got an email from Magoosh about their new app and I just want to inform the house. Incase you have tough time with the vocabularies, you can check out GRE Vocabulary Builder app in playstore. It is more interactive than the flashcard in such a way that you'd be given a word and options would be given to chose from. I just started using it and it is so effective, there are different levels for different difficult segments and there are about 1000words in total

Just thought I should share with others incase it would be helpful.

Regards

PS: it has segments for SAT and TOEFL
Its great but also check out gre cloud on playstore. The mnemonics have been of great help in helping to remember the meaning of words
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by MasterforceII: 3:15pm On Jan 24, 2019
Just to add, I found Quizlet to be an excellent resource in learning words and used it alongside the magoosh. I created my own custom list of words that I spooled from various popular GRE word lists (the baron 1000 for instance or Crunchprep's frequent GRE words and even the magoosh app). For each word, I referred to vocabulary.com to learn further. Vocabulary.com would give a backstory of how the word was coined as well as links to various articles where the word was used.
The result was a personalized list of words (flashcards), including pictures and sample sentences (See link: https://quizlet.com/_3chka6) that proved a great help in familiarizing myself with common GRE words.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ahmed1258: 6:55am On Jan 25, 2019
CuteRedd:
This is great how many months did you prepare for? and what program are you targeting ?
It took 2 months for me to prepare. I just wanted to do MS in Computer Science smiley
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by BikeMan: 9:22am On Jan 25, 2019
ahmed1258:

It took 2 months for me to prepare. I just wanted to do MS in Computer Science smiley
Olalekank see your friend. Kudos Ahmed, I look forward to see the schools you would apply to

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Olalekank(m): 11:08am On Jan 25, 2019
BikeMan:
Olalekank see your friend. Kudos Ahmed, I look forward to see the schools you would apply to
Yes oo, all these ones are on the smart level
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by jegz50: 11:15am On Jan 25, 2019
[
crispviv:
Thank you guys. I have been a silent observer. My profile
TOEFL: 106
GRE: 309
Masters 5.0 materials eng
Undergrad chem eng 4.43
One publication in view.
Got admit into PHD chem engw with tuition waiver and stipend

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Vjsprinkle: 6:37pm On Jan 25, 2019
Hello Everyone,i just joined this thread,i i just started reading from page 250 but i have noticed that is thread is mainly for GRE and i am planning on writing TOEFL, please i need assistance as i have not written this exam before,i am open to any form of material that will aid the exam..Congratulations to everyone that has written,Last last we go MAKE am.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Sherlock5577: 7:57pm On Jan 25, 2019
Vjsprinkle:
Hello Everyone,i just joined this thread,i i just started reading from page 250 but i have noticed that is thread is mainly for GRE and i am planning on writing TOEFL, please i need assistance as i have not written this exam before,i am open to any form of material that will aid the exam..Congratulations to everyone that has written,Last last we go MAKE am.
You're still in the right place. Just go through a couple of more pages at least from May last year. You'll see a
couple of Google Drive files which contain TOEFL video tutorials by Notefull. You'll find Notefull videos very helpful.
All the best and please don't forget to share your success story wink!
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by HajiTooMuch: 8:34am On Jan 26, 2019
Good morning pals.
Pls I need some favour. I'm planning to write my GRE before March 1 and I want ti start preparing now. Although I've gone through the materials sometimes last year, but I want to stick to suggestions of scholars here about doing practice questions. Pls which site can I get free practice questions or which book(s) can I use for the practise questions. I'll be glad if response can come in ASAP. Thanks.

Meanwhile, I still need help in case you can help review my SOP. I'm seriously looking for friends that can help in this regard as I am to submit an application next week Tuesday and it's just this SOP I'm waiting for its review from people. Kindly help me.

Thanks.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Sherlock5577: 9:46am On Jan 26, 2019
HajiTooMuch:
Good morning pals.
Pls I need some favour. I'm planning to write my GRE before March 1 and I want ti start preparing now. Although I've gone through the materials sometimes last year, but I want to stick to suggestions of scholars here about doing practice questions. Pls which site can I get free practice questions or which book(s) can I use for the practise questions. I'll be glad if response can come in ASAP. Thanks.

Meanwhile, I still need help in case you can help review my SOP. I'm seriously looking for friends that can help in this regard as I am to submit an application next week Tuesday and it's just this SOP I'm waiting for its review from people. Kindly help me.

Thanks.
My reply to a post which is above yours is also relevant to you. You'll find GRE practise materials within those google drive files. Also a couple of us have posted some advice concerning practising for the test. You'll need to go through a couple of pages, so we don't have to repeat some of what we've said earlier.
Concerning your SOP, you can pm me about it. I might be able to offer some help.
Cheers!!!
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by mtope: 12:09pm On Jan 26, 2019
This thread is very helpful.
İ am preparing for GRE and i am curious if there are any argument structure passages on the actual test.
Thank you.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by HajiTooMuch: 12:27pm On Jan 26, 2019
Sherlock5577:

My reply to a post which is above yours is also relevant to you. You'll find GRE practise materials within those google drive files. Also a couple of us have posted some advice concerning practising for the test. You'll need to go through a couple of pages, so we don't have to repeat some of what we've said earlier.
Concerning your SOP, you can pm me about it. I might be able to offer some help.
Cheers!!!

Pls check yr PM, I sent a mail..
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by HajiTooMuch: 12:28pm On Jan 26, 2019
mtope:
This thread is very helpful.
İ am preparing for GRE and i am curious if there are any argument structure passages on the actual test.
Thank you.

Check ETS website, they have pool of essays from which they'll bring for you. You can practice them if you have enough time. You may be lucky and see from.what you've practiced.

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Sherlock5577: 12:59pm On Jan 26, 2019
HajiTooMuch:

Pls check yr PM, I sent a mail..
I've replied it.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by HajiTooMuch: 1:11pm On Jan 26, 2019
Sherlock5577:

I've replied it.

Sent.

Thanks so much.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 5:46pm On Jan 26, 2019
Hello,

This is a new offer, kindly contact for your best discount for TOEFL , SAT, IELTS AND GRE. You can get 50% discount on any of the standardized test. Registration comes with reading materials FREE

contact ; wlincoff@aol.com

Via WhatsApp ; +1 (502) 388-3402
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by mtope: 6:08pm On Jan 26, 2019
İ am not talking about essays. İ was referring to the comprehension.
HajiTooMuch:

Check ETS website, they have pool of essays from which they'll bring for you. You can practice them if you have enough time. You may be lucky and see from.what you've practiced.

Cheers!
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by insight001: 6:54pm On Jan 26, 2019
@All @Scholastica @frostc @Ponpon @Quoran @Elevatedmind.
I need help in writing my Letter of Motivation.

Please help I have less than a week to submit my application.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by iamlucky(m): 1:05pm On Jan 27, 2019
insight001:

Are you applying for DAAD?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by insight001: 3:39pm On Jan 27, 2019
No, I'm not applying to DAAD.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by noblemann1(m): 4:49pm On Jan 27, 2019
lincoffm:
Hello,

This is a new offer, kindly contact for your best discount for TOEFL , SAT, IELTS AND GRE. You can get 50% discount on any of the standardized test. Registration comes with reading materials FREE

contact ; wlincoff@aol.com

Via WhatsApp ; +1 (502) 388-3402
After doping me the last time. You're still requesting for TOEFL and GRE registration from people to scam them. Using stolen credit card and stolen funds to register people. Be wise and get off bro

2 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Vjsprinkle: 9:40pm On Jan 27, 2019
Sherlock5577:

You're still in the right place. Just go through a couple of more pages at least from May last year. You'll see a
couple of Google Drive files which contain TOEFL video tutorials by Notefull. You'll find Notefull videos very helpful.
All the best and please don't forget to share your success story wink!

Thank You bro and God bless you

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by elevatedmind: 6:03am On Jan 28, 2019
insight001:

check this link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1SVhX85DKS_kY2IHkD2W9v5BXAUwRFcCr, one of the egbons here uploaded a dope book. The book has got outstanding SOPs... Read and get inspiration/ideas of what to write... please, don't copy any of them o... admission officers have access to this kind of stuff.

Cheers!!!

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 9:18am On Jan 28, 2019
Immanuel7:

I suggest you use DHL,i don't know much about yocket.
Yocket seems like a platform for Indians.
I sent my transcript to Sweden from school last December.
DHL is fast and can be trusted.
How long did dhl take to deliver to stockholm?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Immanuel7: 10:37am On Jan 28, 2019
EMMAACHILE:

How long did dhl take to deliver to stockholm?

2 weeks .
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by insight001: 10:40am On Jan 28, 2019
elevatedmind:

check this link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1SVhX85DKS_kY2IHkD2W9v5BXAUwRFcCr, one of the egbons here uploaded a dope book. The book has got outstanding SOPs... Read and get inspiration/ideas of what to write... please, don't copy any of them o... admission officers have access to this kind of stuff.

Thanks.I will check it out.

Cheers!!!
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by juliouze: 12:23pm On Jan 28, 2019
Sherlock5577:

You're welcome smiley
If you start now, you should have enough time to plan well for Spring/Fall 2020.
I'll advise you go back through this thread to about this time last year or two years ago, and you'll be glad you did. You'll find the materials you need.

All the best smiley!!!
Good day bro. Please help me with reading materials on TOEFL exams. I really do need them and also books you'll recommend I buy to help me study.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Sherlock5577: 1:00pm On Jan 28, 2019
juliouze:

Good day bro. Please help me with reading materials on TOEFL exams. I really do need them and also books you'll recommend I buy to help me study.
There's a Google Drive link for TOEFL materials within the thread. You would need to go through it at least from May last year, because I've tried checking but haven't seen the complete material.
This link contains some notefull videos.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/45tvc3ifi8wh8sh/AACXR5j6l3nsWK8vZx5P28TVa?dl=0

You'll need to find the TOEFL ETS official guide and other notefull videos. They'll be sufficient.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 1:06pm On Jan 28, 2019
Immanuel7:

2 weeks .
Thanks but its too long man. Thought it will take 3-4 days delivery

(1) (2) (3) ... (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) (453) (454) ... (618) (Reply)

The medical students and aspirants thread / Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.