Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,156 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:52 AM

How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE - Education (486) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE (1347845 Views)

10 Youngest People Ever To Achieve A Doctorate Degree / Learn The Gre Word List / Tips On How To Pass The GRE. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (483) (484) (485) (486) (487) (488) (489) ... (618) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Cbliz(m): 1:39am On May 23, 2019
Good day fam.
I just created a whatsapp group for those who are taking the GMAT soon and will like to share ideas on how to ace the exam and get admission into a top B-School. Kindly drop your number so I can add you to the group.

U can also send your number to my mail; avosehkehinde97@gmail.com
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ponpon(m): 3:56am On May 23, 2019
Be sure to join gmatclub
Cbliz:
Good day fam.
I just created a whatsapp group for those who are taking the GMAT soon and will like to share ideas on how to ace the exam and get admission into a top B-School. Kindly drop your number so I can add you to the group.

U can also send your number to my mail; avosehkehinde97@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by calculator123(m): 7:01am On May 23, 2019
When I said user4321 is a genius, some people doubted. I hope you all can now see. I wouldn't be surprised if baba ends up in Stanford.
Thanks for sharing your experience Sir and Biko please don't deactivate your account anytime soon.
To others who has written their GRE, please! please!! please!!! share your experience. long live this great thread.

4 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by calculator123(m): 7:02am On May 23, 2019
When I said user4321 is a genius, some people doubted. I hope you all can now see. I wouldn't be surprised if baba ends up in Stanford.
Thanks for sharing your experience Sir and Biko please don't deactivate your account anytime soon.
To others who has written their GRE, please! please!! please!!! share your experience. long live this great thread. ...

5 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by yasolan(m): 9:01am On May 23, 2019
user4321:

Hello My people, Official scores came in today... and Yes I beat my 4.5 AWA.. to get 6.0 AWA.... So happy!!!... 99th Percentile.
===== UPDATED PROFILE =====
GRE
Q-169
V-162
AWA- 6.0

TOEFL
116 (R-28 S-28 L-30 W-30)
GPA
4.74/5
3.82/4 (WES UNOFFICIAL)

cc- ponpon calculator123 scholastica16
We need to celebrate you..
Where are the Mods!!

3 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Marjoribanks: 1:19pm On May 23, 2019
user4321:

Hello My people, Official scores came in today... and Yes I beat my 4.5 AWA.. to get 6.0 AWA.... So happy!!!... 99th Percentile.
GRE
Q-169
V-162
AWA- 6.0

TOEFL
GPA
4.74/5
3.82/4 (WES UNOFFICIAL)

Stanford, MIT LEGEND in the MAKING!!!
Super Congrats! No drinking, just give thanks!

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by isaacbill01: 1:49pm On May 23, 2019
Sherlock5577:

Please do better than a 310. The way the GRE works sometimes is that you could get quite lower scores than you anticipated (I can personally attest to this fact). I believe you hope to get some funds from the university (Partial or full). There is much competition for Graduate Assistantships, especially at good schools. It's better you have a score you may not use, than not having the score you need to be selected for funding.

What's your research interest? Or better still google online for USA University Professors in .... field, e.g., University Professor of Sedimentology in USA. You would have to do most of the research on your own, like going through each researcher's profile to see if you both share similar research interests. Also check out Linkedin for students, especially Nigerian Grad Assistants, for first hand experiences. They could advise on the best researchers (funding and character) to contact. Go to "msinus" and "Geology gradcafe" for profiles of admitted, rejected and funded students in different universities to know where you stand (Safe, Moderate or Ambitious choices).

Lastly, you would send numerous emails ( and I mean a lot) with probably a few responses. These responses should guide your choice eventually. There are a lot of email samples online. Just tailor them to your taste.

All the best wink

P.S. I am also for Geology (although Fall 2019)!!!

Thanks bro. I will keep working hard . I just want to know if the GPA is good enough to guarantee funding and admission

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Sherlock5577: 3:04pm On May 23, 2019
isaacbill01:

Thanks bro. I will keep working hard . I just want to know if the GPA is good enough to guarantee funding and admission
You MSc GPA looks good. I'm not sure about the undergrad. But I believe you'll get a good school with your GPA. Although it still balls down to you making some research. Contact graduate coordinators of programs your interested in. They should give you a better insight than what is in their admission requirements. Just work on other aspects of your application.

All the best!
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Shadbay(m): 3:26pm On May 23, 2019
user4321:

GRE
Q-169
V-162
AWA- 6.0

TOEFL
GPA
4.74/5
3.82/4 (WES UNOFFICIAL)

You are very gifted! All your scores and GPA are seriously not smiling! Shoot for all the top 10 schools, I would be surprised if you don't get admitted into all! The sky is truly your starting point.
I am going to rewrite, I'll follow your advice and study plan religiously.

4 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ponpon(m): 7:18am On May 24, 2019

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Samuelasiwaju(m): 9:03am On May 24, 2019
user4321:

GRE
Q-169
V-162
AWA- 6.0

TOEFL
GPA
4.74/5
3.82/4 (WES UNOFFICIAL)

Try apply for Knight Hennesy Scholarship at Stanford university
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Philadelphia: 5:47pm On May 24, 2019
ponpon:
Be sure to join gmatclub

How can I join the club please?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by versashee: 9:13am On May 25, 2019
akinsolaoyelola:
So I wrote my GRE Today,
For a little back story, I just graduated a little over three months ago, and got a job immediately as a software engineer, at a fast moving company, with periodic crazy deadlines. So, I had to squeeze in time during mornings at nights to prepare, and learn as much vocabulary as I could.
Fast forward to test Day, I arrived at Dragnet prometric 2 hours before the test, did a quick review, and was first on the line. Got the quant section first, let's just say, it was deadlier than I thought, too many geometry problems, and i loathe euclidean circle geometry a lot. I moved on to the verbal; few mistakes here and there, but I just basically free styled.
At the end of the test, I was assured that I had done very terribly, and was superbly afraid to click "report scores". Then I clicked
QUANTITATIVE - 163
VERBAL - 161
TOTAL - 324
I feel i did terrible in the quant, as i focused too much on the verbal during prep, but I hope to never write GRE ever again, I accept my 324 "laidat".
Bsc. Electrical and Electronics Engineering
GPA - 4.74/5
WES (UNOFFICIAL) 3.82/4.0
GRE - 324 ( Q-163 V-161)
SCHOOLS
STANFORD UNIVERSITY -PHD
UT AUSTIN - PHD
RICE - PHD
CMU AFRICA - MSC

cc- scholastica16 quoran

Great profile.
Please would love a private chat with you.

Hello, please could you share the materials u used?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Petrified235555: 6:24pm On May 25, 2019
Please add this number
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by GeoOla25(m): 9:16pm On May 25, 2019
Anyone here writing GRE on 28th May?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Ayo199(m): 9:37am On May 29, 2019
please I news to register GRE at an affordable price, I need suggestion on who to register with
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 11:29am On May 29, 2019
Ayo199:
please I news to register GRE at an affordable price, I need suggestion on who to register with
contact ponpon @ patrick.jimoh60@gmail.com he charges 65K
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Husky14: 5:02am On May 30, 2019
I guess it is the right time to revisit this thread. �

All I see is a signature GRE score; 331! @user4321 you have successfully taken your profile to "Next Level". Congratulations!
And @akinsolaoyelola your score is equally outstanding! Congrats!

In line with what most other scholars advised, you guys should make best use of these scores by contacting faculties in your target schools and ensuring your essays are equally superb. My thought is that since 311 gave people like me funding(not in MIT, Standord, etc. ☺), 320+ can give you guys funding in any US school.

Good luck to you guys and those yet to take their GRE and TOEFL.

7 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ahmed1258: 2:25pm On May 30, 2019
AkAbiola:
Please, I need your help.
Please, Don't mind how undecided my question sounds. I'm a novice in this matter.

And also , when is the best month to register for TOEFL and write it.

Thanks wonderful people...
First decide the university list you wanted to get into. Check the deadlines for for each one. If your application deadline is August 1st just plan to for the exam 2 to 3 months ahead so that you'll be prepared.
Wonder [url=galvanizetestprep.com/blogs/toefl-preparation/]how to prepare for the TOEFL exam[/url], get the resources and tips out there and plan to prepare for each section in an ultimate way.
Good luck.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by olorunnisola001: 10:40pm On May 30, 2019

6 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Lontrra: 8:08am On May 31, 2019
olorunnisola001:
With a Cgpa of 3.89 out of 5 Studied Mechanical Engineering GRE score: 330 Do I still really need IELTS or TOFEL? Which school can I apply to, for scholarships? Anticipating your response. Thanks

Kindly share your GRE experience.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by chiboy429(m): 3:40pm On May 31, 2019
user4321:
contact ponpon @ patrick.jimoh60@gmail.com he charges 65K

Good day the great genius in the house. please can you kindly assist me with some materials for the TOEFL exams want to write next month. thanks
here is my email address chiboy429@gmail.com
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 4:27pm On May 31, 2019
chiboy429:

Good day the great genius in the house. please can you kindly assist me with some materials for the TOEFL exams want to write next month. thanks
here is my email address chiboy429@gmail.com
I didn't prepare for the TOEFL sadly, My GRE Verbal preparation was exhaustively sufficient.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by chiboy429(m): 4:41pm On May 31, 2019
user4321:
I didn't prepare for the TOEFL sadly, My GRE Verbal preparation was exhaustively sufficient.
wow, that's awesome. well do you mind sharing with me the GRE verbal preparation materials? thanks
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Scholastica16: 5:13pm On May 31, 2019
olorunnisola001:
With a Cgpa of 3.89 out of 5
Studied Mechanical Engineering
GRE score: 330
Do I still really need IELTS or TOFEL?
Which school can I apply to, for scholarships?
Anticipating your response. Thanks

Are the schools you are applying to asking for TOEFL? Do you have the resources for it? If you do, why not? Why give yourself a reason to believe you were disqualified for a reason you can fix?

What schools did you apply to when you took the GRE? Your GPA and GRE are great enough for most schools but a lot of things go into it. What area of research are you looking at etc.

I think you should make a comprehensive list of schools online using google to whittle them down based on GPA. Your GRE will not hinder you.

You should definitely look at Iowa State University and Louisiana State University.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by smallsuper: 8:35pm On May 31, 2019
You need to provide more information. Are you going for a masters or Phd?
olorunnisola001:

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by xcaper(m): 12:29am On Jun 01, 2019
Congratulations, please can you share the study material you used?
user4321:

GRE
Q-169
V-162
AWA- 6.0

TOEFL
GPA
4.74/5
3.82/4 (WES UNOFFICIAL)

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 7:31am On Jun 01, 2019
xcaper:
Congratulations, please can you share the study material you used?
Already did..please check my previous posts
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by calculator123(m): 8:38am On Jun 01, 2019
olorunnisola001:

Wouldn't it be nice to share you GRE experience?
You will be helping future test takers you know..

2 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Bisolagentry(f): 8:05pm On Jun 01, 2019
Plz house , kindly help me with recent materials to prepare for GRE .
Thnx
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by solastar2: 8:04am On Jun 02, 2019
olorunnisola001:

Same name, same GPA and I am targeting d same GRE score. I hope I'd achieve that.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Talksub(m): 5:30pm On Jun 02, 2019
NoQualms1:

Thanks for the fast reply. God bless you.
Hello please can you list university that have full funding for MAsters in chemical engineering or mechanical engineering. I want to go in for spring 2020 session since it it late for me apply for fall 2019 session.

Also I want to score 330 in my gre. Please can somebody help me with the best strategy or tips . I don’t want to read out of point I only have 6weeks to prepare . I am a fast learner

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (483) (484) (485) (486) (487) (488) (489) ... (618) (Reply)

The medical students and aspirants thread / Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.