Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,703 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:51 PM

How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE - Education (596) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE (1354606 Views)

10 Youngest People Ever To Achieve A Doctorate Degree / Learn The Gre Word List / Tips On How To Pass The GRE. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (593) (594) (595) (596) (597) (598) (599) ... (618) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Samfigo1(m): 12:11am On Jan 13, 2022
JanezBae:
You may check the GRE score requirement for the schools u intend to apply to, it will give u a more definite answer. However, I 'd suggest u rewrite and target to get at least 300 in other to be competitive.

Pls I will like to know how long it took u to get ur official exam score from Ets, counting from d day u wrote d exam to d day u got ur official score report. I will like to know if weekends are inclusive in d 10-15days count bf one can d official GRE score report.

Yes, weekends are inclusive!
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nicolars(m): 7:01am On Jan 16, 2022
BrightFuture48:
The Department of Computer Science at the University of San Francisco is hosting a virtual information session this next Tuesday, January 18th at 6PM (PST). Attendees will have an opportunity to ask questions, interact with program faculty, and all attendees will receive an application fee waiver. If you are interested and available to join us, please RSVP here. I hope to see you Tuesday!

The application deadlines for our MS in Computer Science program are January 15th or March 1st.

Interested

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by BrightFuture48: 9:38am On Jan 16, 2022
Nicolars:

Interested
My account was banned when I posted the link on USA students visa thread. Either drop your email or dm me I will send you the link so that you can register asap.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by exmaysn12000: 11:13am On Jan 16, 2022
Randomv3r:
You all can check Gregmat's youtube channel and if you can, subscribe to his study plans - costs $5 monthly. The study plan is exhaustive and he explains the Verbal TC,SE and RC succinctly. You can also join the r/Gre channel on reddit, where you will find a lot of resources on GRE.

Thanks for this suggestion, and Congratulations on your result. If I may ask, how long did u study on your own and how long did u stay with gregmat?

I sure will subscribe, a very good deal.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by lessie(m): 5:12am On Jan 17, 2022
tbred:

Sent
Pls send the GRE material too
aznnagbogu@gmail.com
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by crowniran(m): 12:15pm On Jan 17, 2022
Why pay $220 for GRE or $195 for TOEFL exams. Our subsidised price goes for 66k for GRE and 65k for TOEFL. This offer is valid till Feb 1.

You get free premium materials when you register with us

WhatsApp : 08135076974

2 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by neduboo(m): 3:35pm On Jan 18, 2022
crowniran:
Why pay $220 for GRE or $195 for TOEFL exams. Our subsidised price goes for 66k for GRE and 65k for TOEFL. This offer is valid till Feb 1.

You get free premium materials when you register with us

I plan writing Jan ending. Can I register now?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by crowniran(m): 4:17pm On Jan 18, 2022
neduboo:

I plan writing Jan ending. Can I register now?

Ofcourse you can
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by neduboo(m): 11:48am On Jan 19, 2022
crowniran:

Ofcourse you can

Your number has been switched off
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Randomv3r: 9:02pm On Jan 19, 2022
exmaysn12000:

Thanks for this suggestion, and Congratulations on your result. If I may ask, how long did u study on your own and how long did u stay with gregmat?
Thank you very much
I sure will subscribe, a very good deal.
Tbh, I spent about 4 months in total, 1 months personal and 3 months with Gregmat+. Your current level of verbal and quantitative reasoning and target score will determine your time. Quality over quantity. It's better you redo week 1 than to proceed with partial knowledge. Do make sure you follow the plan holistically and experiment with a lot of materials. I noticed assumed I knew some concepts without practicing under test conditions and that came back to bite my ass. Fall 23 applications open September so you can plan towards it.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by crowniran(m): 9:11pm On Jan 19, 2022
neduboo:

Your number has been switched off

Yeah. It's just my WhatsApp number
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by neduboo(m): 9:41pm On Jan 19, 2022
crowniran:

Yeah. It's just my WhatsApp number

I'm not on WhatsApp. Please reply my email
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ThatAbdulGuy(m): 1:54am On Jan 27, 2022
Hello
I plan to write the GRE exams later this year. Can anyone point me in the direction of what to do or materials to study with?
Also, where does a good GRE score starts from?

Thank you
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by andico34: 10:14am On Jan 27, 2022
ThatAbdulGuy:
Hello
I plan to write the GRE exams later this year. Can anyone point me in the direction of what to do or materials to study with?
Also, where does a good GRE score starts from?

Thank you
a good GRE score starts with 300...a total score of both the verbal and quantitative sections and an AWA score of at least 4.5
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Pash3685: 10:34pm On Jan 27, 2022
andico34:
a good GRE score starts with 300...a total score of both the verbal and quantitative sections and an AWA score of at least 4.5

Pls I've been wondering, why is the AWA scores not included in the overall 340 score result?
Quants - 170
Verbal - 170
Total Maximum Score - 340
Where do they add the 6 points from the AWA section?

Then what's the maximum number of words required in the AWA section?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by GrammarNazi1(m): 8:42am On Jan 28, 2022
Pash3685:

Pls I've been wondering, why is the AWA scores not included in the overall 340 score result?
Quants - 170
Verbal - 170
Where do they add the 6 points from the AWA section?

The AWA is scored separately: 6.0

There is no stipulated number of words to type for the AWA but effective responses have been known to be around 500 words.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Pash3685: 9:07am On Jan 28, 2022
GrammarNazi1:

The AWA is scored separately: 6.0

There is no stipulated number of words to type for the AWA but effective responses have been known to be around 500 words.

Yes I know the AWA is scored separately. My question is why it isn't added to the total Maximum score of 340 like it's done with TOEFL?
E.g. Quants: 170
Verbal: 170
AWA: 6
To total 346 maximum obtainable score
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by GrammarNazi1(m): 9:16am On Jan 28, 2022
Pash3685:

Yes I know the AWA is scored separately. My question is why it isn't added to the total Maximum score of 340 like it's done with TOEFL?
E.g. Quants: 170
Verbal: 170
AWA: 6
To total 346 maximum obtainable score
Don't compare it to TOEFL as the two exams have different structures.

You need to realize that most schools don't even set a score for the AWA.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Pash3685: 11:47am On Jan 28, 2022
GrammarNazi1:

I understand the two exams are of different structures. I'm only wondering why the 6points for AWA section isn't usually captured along with the 340maximum total score.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Pash3685: 11:51am On Jan 28, 2022
GrammarNazi1:

Pls what do you mean by Most schools don't set a score for the AWA, does that mean one's performance in the AWA isn't all that important since it's score isn't clearly added to that of the other two sections?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by GrammarNazi1(m): 12:59pm On Jan 28, 2022
Pash3685:

Pls what do you mean by Most schools don't set a score for the AWA, does that mean one's performance in the AWA isn't all that important since it's score isn't clearly added to that of the other two sections?
Most schools don't set any score requirement for the AWA section because the section is not as important to them as the quantitative and verbal sections.

Flunking that section is, however, not advised.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by andico34: 1:19pm On Jan 28, 2022
Pash3685:

Quants - 170
Verbal - 170
Where do they add the 6 points from the AWA section? The AWA (Analytical Writing Assessment ) is a different assessment on its own....it is not graded by the computer but graded by trained ETS human graders and thus has a separate score.

It is graded from Score 1 to 6 based on your Analytical Writing skills( if any)
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Pash3685: 12:44pm On Jan 29, 2022
andico34:
It is graded from Score 1 to 6 based on your Analytical Writing skills( if any)

The question is why that same grade is not captured in the final scores
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by andico34: 8:18pm On Jan 29, 2022
Pash3685:

Quants - 170
Verbal - 170
Where do they add the 6 points from the AWA section? It is because it is graded much later by ets scorers

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by andico34: 8:27pm On Jan 29, 2022
I have been a nairalander for close to 15 years and today I was able to register for the GRE general test today through crowniran at the discounted price.....I can vouch for his trustworthiness in getting the job done....he is real

2 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Lussamguru02(m): 1:04pm On Jan 31, 2022
BrightFuture48:
The Department of Computer Science at the University of San Francisco is hosting a virtual information session this next Tuesday, January 18th at 6PM (PST). Attendees will have an opportunity to ask questions, interact with program faculty, and all attendees will receive an application fee waiver. If you are interested and available to join us, please RSVP here. I hope to see you Tuesday!

The application deadlines for our MS in Computer Science program are January 15th or March 1st.

I'm Interested
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by crowniran(m): 9:02pm On Feb 01, 2022
GRE and TOEFL registration still going on. We are fast and reliable. Take advantage now

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by dondazie(m): 4:39am On Feb 04, 2022
Randomv3r:
Good Evening Guys, wrote my GRE yesterday
Total 305
Intended Major: Msc Electrical Engineering
Q:152/170
V:153/170
IELTS Band 8
CGPA 4.07/5
Please kindly share schools where I have chances of funding.
And is WES necessary for my profile?
Thank you in advance

Congratulations bro. Can you please share your materials with me .. temitopedennis@gmail.com

(1) (2) (3) ... (593) (594) (595) (596) (597) (598) (599) ... (618) (Reply)

The medical students and aspirants thread / Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.