Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,467 members, 7,819,705 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:25 PM

How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE - Education (611) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE (1353744 Views)

10 Youngest People Ever To Achieve A Doctorate Degree / Learn The Gre Word List / Tips On How To Pass The GRE. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (608) (609) (610) (611) (612) (613) (614) ... (618) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by judecrown: 8:53pm On Sep 29, 2022
[quote author=shakol91 post=25188182]alright boss,I just downloaded the materials,I've not started studying. Personally I like to read all the pages of each materials right from introduction but on the long run that's suicide mission cheesy because each materials has like 600+ pages (don't have enough time). @(I can help you by
creating targeted study plans for the various
areas of weakness) I will really appreciate this sir,with this plan I will make use of it every week because I hope to study @least 4days in a week

Please how can I get the link to those e-materials? Thank you
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Sekany: 10:56pm On Oct 01, 2022
samsolite:

Bro, when do you intend on taking the exam? I'd like us to link up in preparation

Late November
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 11:46am On Oct 02, 2022
Hey everyone! I would like to connect with anyone who is going to Missouri S&T for Spring 2023 (January 1 entry). I got a fully-funded PhD offer. Kindly contact me by email through my profile. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Anfieldboss: 7:24pm On Oct 02, 2022
samsolite:

Congrats, boss. I'm also preparing to sit for the GRE by November.
Please, what materials did you use and how long did it take you to prepare for the exam? What was the cost of the exam and your test center.

Thanks

I used basically Manhattan 8 series for my preparation. I would advise you supplement it with other materials like Kaplan, Barron and official ETS guides, as you can see my score was not too high.

It took me about 3 months, though my preparation was on and off as I am a family man doing a 9 to 5 job. I think preparation time depends on how much time daily you can dedicate to studying.

I paid 80k for the exam.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by calculator123(m): 3:40am On Oct 03, 2022
calculator123:
Hello great minds, a friend of mine Profagas by name shared his GRE experience and he also gave advice to future test takers in this link
His score was gangster 331.
Enjoy https://drive.google.com/file/d/156DjHNce-ukLxTWHz3MwBrGiXNBW4i0T/view

Cc user4321
Olalekank

Mehn. Time flies

2 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by pabostt: 12:41pm On Oct 03, 2022
Anfieldboss:

I used basically Manhattan 8 series for my preparation. I would advise you supplement it with other materials like Kaplan, Barron and official ETS guides, as you can see my score was not too high.

It took me about 3 months, though my preparation was on and off as I am a family man doing a 9 to 5 job. I think preparation time depends on how much time daily you can dedicate to studying.

I paid 80k for the exam.
Please, do you do voucher registration? Since you paid 80k for the exam.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by pabostt: 12:56pm On Oct 03, 2022
CEObiz:

Check your email

I just send you a very comprehensive material for GRE

Open the google drive link and explore

TheCEO Consult
Please can I also get it? dejijire@gmail.com
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by NozinoGroup: 3:36pm On Oct 03, 2022
Take note

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by CEObiz: 9:45pm On Oct 05, 2022
pabostt:

Please can I also get it? dejijire@gmail.com

Chat me up sir

0915 174 1004
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by samsolite(m): 2:10pm On Oct 06, 2022
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Mobidot(m): 9:32pm On Oct 07, 2022
Jerryolorun:
Hello, everyone...I have a WhatsApp group in preparation for GRE if you are interested in joining the group please drop your phone no
Kindly add me to thee group 08054219901
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Jonjohnson: 4:27pm On Oct 08, 2022
Good day all,
Please i need recommendations on schools to look into for M. Sc Economics (most preferred) or Business Analytics
B. Sc Economics
CGPA; 3.48/5
GRE; 300 (Q=150 V=150)
For assistantship please, help my ministry.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Elearning12(m): 10:07pm On Oct 09, 2022
More to know about GRE and GMAT and the major differences between the GRE and GMAT.

Articles
Professional Development
GMAT vs. GRE: Which Should I Take?
Written by Coursera • Updated on Aug 16, 2022
Many business schools accept both GMAT and GRE test scores as part of their admissions requirements. Learn the differences between both exams to decide which is best for you.

A smiling business school student in a striped dress stands in a library with her phone in her hand.
When you’re applying to a graduate business program, you may notice that many schools request test scores as part of their admissions requirements. Often, you’ll have the option to submit either your Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) score or your Graduate Record Examination (GRE) score.

In this article, we’ll take a closer look at each exam and why you might decide to take one test over the other—or neither—to elevate your graduate program application.

Differences between the GMAT and GRE

The biggest difference between the GMAT and GRE is that the GMAT is typically used for business school admissions, while the GRE is accepted for most graduate programs (including business and law schools). Beyond that, the two tests have a different format with different types of questions, testing policies, and options for sending your scores to schools.

Articles
Professional Development
Many business schools accept both GMAT and GRE test scores as part of their admissions requirements. Learn the differences between both exams to decide which is best for you.

A smiling business school student in a striped dress stands in a library with her phone in her hand.
When you’re applying to a graduate business program, you may notice that many schools request test scores as part of their admissions requirements. Often, you’ll have the option to submit either your Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) score or your Graduate Record Examination (GRE) score.

In this article, we’ll take a closer look at each exam and why you might decide to take one test over the other—or neither—to elevate your graduate program application.

The biggest difference between the GMAT and GRE is that the GMAT is typically used for business school admissions, while the GRE is accepted for most graduate programs (including business and law schools). Beyond that, the two tests have a different format with different types of questions, testing policies, and options for sending your scores to schools.

Here's a quick comparison of the two exams:

GMAT GRE
Accepted by Most graduate business programs Most graduate programs, including business
Location Online or at a testing center Online or at a testing center
Cost (US) $250 online or $275 in person (includes free score delivery to up to five schools) $205 (includes free score delivery to up to four schools)
Length 3 hours and 7 minutes, plus two optional 8-minute breaks 3 hours and 45 minutes, plus one optional 10-minute break
Sections Analytical Writing, Integrated Reasoning, Quantitative, Verbal Analytical Writing, Verbal Reasoning, Quantitative Reasoning
Scores good for 5 years 5 years

What is the GMAT?
The GMAT, administered by the Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC), is an entrance exam widely used for admission to business schools and MBA programs. The exam measures reasoning and critical thinking skills meant to demonstrate an ability to succeed in top graduate business programs.

You can retake the GMAT at a testing center up to five times in a rolling 12-month period (no more than eight times total). For the GMAT online exam, you can retest once.

GMAT format
The GMAT format depends on whether you’re taking the test at a testing center or online. The in-person version comprises four sections, and you can choose to order the sections in one of three ways to best fit your strengths and testing style.

Analytical Writing: This section of the exam asks you to analyze and write a critique of a given argument in one 30-minute writing task. It is scored from zero to six points in half-point increments.

Integrated Reasoning: The Integrated Reasoning section (not found on the GRE) is designed to measure your ability to use data to solve complex problems. This portion includes one 30-minute section with 12 questions (mostly multiple choice). You’ll be asked to examine and analyze data from multiple sources, including tables and graphs, as well as solve both quantitative and verbal problems. The score ranges from one to eight in one-point increments.

Quantitative: This 62-minute section has 31 multiple-choice questions. Questions include quantitative problems and “Data Sufficiency” problems, which ask you to determine whether you have enough data to answer a given question. You can earn six to 51 points in one-point increments.

Verbal: The Verbal Reasoning section lasts 65 minutes and contains 36 questions designed to test your ability to read, understand, and evaluate written materials. The three types of questions you’ll encounter include reading comprehension, critical reasoning, and sentence correction. This is scored from six to 51 points in one-point increments.

You can use a basic online calculator during the Integrated Reasoning section only. For the Quantitative Reasoning segment, you’re permitted to use a white board (at-home testing) or a provided laminated notebook with dry erase markers (testing center) to work through problems. During the GMAT, you cannot skip and return to questions or change your answers.

As of May 2021, you also get your unofficial scores immediately when taking the GMAT online.

Articles
Professional Development

Here's a quick comparison of the two exams:

GMAT GRE
Accepted by Most graduate business programs Most graduate programs, including business
Location Online or at a testing center Online or at a testing center
Cost (US) $250 online or $275 in person (includes free score delivery to up to five schools) $205 (includes free score delivery to up to four schools)
Length 3 hours and 7 minutes, plus two optional 8-minute breaks 3 hours and 45 minutes, plus one optional 10-minute break
Sections Analytical Writing, Integrated Reasoning, Quantitative, Verbal Analytical Writing, Verbal Reasoning, Quantitative Reasoning
Scores good for 5 years 5 years
What is the GMAT?
The GMAT, administered by the Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC), is an entrance exam widely used for admission to business schools and MBA programs. The exam measures reasoning and critical thinking skills meant to demonstrate an ability to succeed in top graduate business programs.

You can retake the GMAT at a testing center up to five times in a rolling 12-month period (no more than eight times total). For the GMAT online exam, you can retest once.

GMAT format
The GMAT format depends on whether you’re taking the test at a testing center or online. The in-person version comprises four sections, and you can choose to order the sections in one of three ways to best fit your strengths and testing style.

Analytical Writing: This section of the exam asks you to analyze and write a critique of a given argument in one 30-minute writing task. It is scored from zero to six points in half-point increments.

Integrated Reasoning: The Integrated Reasoning section (not found on the GRE) is designed to measure your ability to use data to solve complex problems. This portion includes one 30-minute section with 12 questions (mostly multiple choice). You’ll be asked to examine and analyze data from multiple sources, including tables and graphs, as well as solve both quantitative and verbal problems. The score ranges from one to eight in one-point increments.

Quantitative: This 62-minute section has 31 multiple-choice questions. Questions include quantitative problems and “Data Sufficiency” problems, which ask you to determine whether you have enough data to answer a given question. You can earn six to 51 points in one-point increments.

Verbal: The Verbal Reasoning section lasts 65 minutes and contains 36 questions designed to test your ability to read, understand, and evaluate written materials. The three types of questions you’ll encounter include reading comprehension, critical reasoning, and sentence correction. This is scored from six to 51 points in one-point increments.

You can use a basic online calculator during the Integrated Reasoning section only. For the Quantitative Reasoning segment, you’re permitted to use a white board (at-home testing) or a provided laminated notebook with dry erase markers (testing center) to work through problems. During the GMAT, you cannot skip and return to questions or change your answers.

As of May 2021, you also get your unofficial scores immediately when taking the GMAT online.

Learn more about what a good GMAT score is.

What is a computer-adaptive test?
Both the GMAT and GRE exams use a technology called adaptive testing. The GMAT determines the difficulty of each question within a section by how you did on the previous question. If you answered correctly, the next question will be harder. If you got it wrong, the next question will be easier. Since the GRE allows you to change your answers, the exam adapts the difficulty of each section based on the one before.

What is the GRE?
The GRE, administered by the Educational Testing Service (ETS), is used as an admissions consideration at thousands of graduate schools, including business and law schools. The exam is designed to evaluate your verbal and quantitative reasoning, critical thinking, and analytical writing skills.

You can retake the GRE up to five times in any 12-month rolling period (once every 21 days). If you take the test more than once, you can choose which scores get sent to the schools to which you’re applying.

GRE format
The GRE comprises three scored portions, as well as a possible unscored or experimental section. The Analytical Writing section will always come first, but you won’t know the order of the remaining sections or which section is unscored.

Analytical Writing: This section has two separately-timed, 30-minute writing tasks. You’ll be asked to construct your own argument on an issue and evaluate someone else’s argument on an issue. This section is scored from zero to six in half-point increments.

Verbal Reasoning: The Verbal Reasoning test comprises two 30-minute sections with 20 questions each. You’ll encounter three types of questions in this section: reading comprehension, text completion, and sentence equivalence. You can get a score of 130 to 170 in one-point increments.

Quantitative Reasoning: This portion of the exam, designed to test your basic math skills, features two 35-minute sections with 20 questions each. Questions might be multiple choice with one or several answers, numeric entry questions, or quantitative comparison questions. Topics include arithmetic, algebra, geometry, and data analysis. You can get a score of 130 to 170 in one-point increments.

During the test, you can use an on-screen calculator during the Quantitative Reasoning section. You can move backward and forward through each section, change your answers, and mark questions for “Review” if you’d like to return to them .

Which is easier, GMAT or GRE?
Determining which test will be easier for you will depend on your academic strengths and testing style.

The quantitative section on the GRE tends to be a bit easier than its GMAT counterpart (and you get to use a calculator). The GRE section typically has more geometry, while the GMAT has more logical reasoning questions.

The GRE verbal section, on the other hand, tends to feature more difficult vocabulary than the GMAT. Many test-takers consider the GMAT verbal section to be slightly easier.
To know more contact or WhatsApp through 08104198779
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by binary007: 3:26pm On Oct 10, 2022
educereGuy:
I've got a bunch of GRE preparatory material. Drop your email if you're interested.

shodipeopeyemi77@gmail.com
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by binary007: 3:27pm On Oct 10, 2022
CEObiz:

Good day to you

I hope my answer can help you

No 1. I do register people, so I am talking from my side (The price I will be giving you, already include my own charges)

So there are 2 ways to register for GRE
First; Is the full payment charge, which is #180,000 as at of today with the current dollar rate

The second way is through Voucher, which is Cheaper and it's #80,000

No major different, Just that some times (which is very rare) There might be charge back, Actually it is very rare and once you have done your exam and gotten ur result, you have escape it

But Charge back is very rare

No 2; That should be now, Because you should have started sending cold emails to supervisors already

No 3; 300 and above is ok

No 4; You can chat me up, I have a google drive link for GRE (It's free) you don't have to pay anything and NO terms and condition attached

Chat TheCEO Consult on
0915 174 1004

And By the way, I also help people who do NOT have time to prepare for GRE exam maybe because of their work

We guaranteed 315 - 325 score in GRE. 100% guaranteed

shodipeopeyemi77@gmail.com

Thanks in anticipation
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Willie2015: 1:36pm On Oct 12, 2022
Themaths:
You can send me a DM for GRE materials. I have compiled quite a lot across the years. Goodluck with your studies, and trust me, America is worth all the study struggles.

Pls help send the GRE materials.

Marsreuben@gmail.com
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by lilachiever(m): 9:45am On Oct 13, 2022
educereGuy:
I've got a bunch of GRE preparatory material. Drop your email if you're interested.

achiever0012@gmail.com

Thank you.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by lilachiever(m): 9:45am On Oct 13, 2022
Themaths:
You can send me a DM for GRE materials. I have compiled quite a lot across the years. Goodluck with your studies, and trust me, America is worth all the study struggles.

achiever0012@gmail.com

Thank you.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Themaths(m): 2:21pm On Oct 13, 2022
lilachiever:

achiever0012@gmail.com

Thank you.
Send me a DM?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by bimbaztryzzi(m): 9:48am On Oct 14, 2022
Hello Everyone. please do they provide noise cancelling headphones at dragnet prometric center in lagos, VI for GRE GENERAL TEST?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Otunbalimpopo22: 3:51pm On Oct 15, 2022
What does it take to get a 330+ score?

To get such a high score on the GRE, you will need three things. You cannot score high unless you have mastered all the three:

1. Knowledge
As you might have expected, knowledge is the most important aspect of your GRE prep. There are many things that you need to learn, such as basic grammar rules, math formulae, basic and advanced concepts for each topic that the GRE tests you on, and last but not the least, the seemingly difficult vocabulary that the GRE very much likes to test you on. Knowledge is something that anyone can easily attain, if they are determined to work hard. It might be easy for some test takers to get a hang of all the math and verbal concepts, but for the vast majority of the test taking multitude, it might seem a little difficult to cope with the syllabus and the wide variety of concepts that they need to master. But having said that, it is not as difficult as it seems either. If you can buckle down for a few weeks and learn each and every concept with proper understanding, it will be an easy journey for you.

2. Skills
There are some very specific skills that the GRE required you to master, and if you are looking to score 330+ on the GRE, you should definitely learn them all. Some of the important skills you will need to possess are reading skills, logical reasoning, ability to extract information data from a math questions, data interpretation skills, process of elimination, etc. Learning these skills is not that difficult, and chances are you have already learnt most of them by now, through coursework during undergrad or high school. All it takes is to remember all those strategies and techniques you have learnt in the past, and then implement them when solving tough questions.

3. Strategy
The GRE is not your usual midterm exam. It is a test that requires some very well devised strategies and solving techniques, which you will definitely have to include in your arsenal – educated guessing, skipping hard and time consuming questions, learning how to perfectly manage time, and how to build your mental stamina to withstand 4 hours of rigorous work. Now, do not expect to get away with only one or two of these three strategies. A great score on the GRE always demands that you master all the three skills, since no two skills can separately get you there. For example, you can never do very well in RC unless purely based on skill and strategy, since you have to have the knowledge – good vocabulary – to understand the passages. The same thing applies if you don’t know the formula to a question on arithmetic. And if you have mastered the knowledge and concepts for the GRE and have the sufficient skills, it still doesn’t mean you can do really well, since you need to learn to manage your pace throughout the test and not end up with unfinished questions at the end of a section. So, you need to make sure you really master all these three aspects.
if you can mastered all the three Aspect you are good to score Above 300+....... to know more secret behind GRE exam you can still get us on whatsapp or put across phone on 09057485470.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by throste: 9:35pm On Oct 17, 2022
Themaths:
Please, help with Gre material
My email -ashandifola@gmail.com
Thanks.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ezimod: 10:57pm On Oct 17, 2022
What is GRE?
A standardized test, the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) measures verbal, mathematical and analytical writing skills of students aspiring to undergo their graduate studies abroad. The test intends to aid graduate schools (of all fields other than business) in assessing an applicant’s potential for advanced study. Most universities in the US, while inviting applications for MS programs, ask for GRE® scores.

How to take the GRE EXAM?
The examination is entirely a computer-based test, and no two students get an identical set of questions. The test is scored on a maximum of 340. The GRE® score alone cannot guarantee admission into a university or college - the test is only one of the major factors taken into consideration in the long process of an applicant getting admitted into the program that they desire.

The GRE® test has three parts - Quantitative, Verbal and Analytical Writing Assessment. The following is the GRE® test structure:

The US-based "Educational Testing Service" (ETS), which works under the guidance of the Graduate Record Examination Board, develops and administers the GRE®. ETS is responsible for setting questions, conducting the test and sending score reports to each examinee. For detailed information about GRE®, please refer to the official website of GRE®.

What is the scoring scale for the GRE?
The AWA section grades are from 0-6 in 0.5-point increments.
The Quantitative Reasoning section scores are from 130-170 in 1-point increment.
The Verbal Reasoning section scores are from 130-170 in 1-point increment.
Total scores are from 260-340 in 1-point increment; AWA scores are separate.
Just like any other exam, success in GRE is possible, but only through hard work and practice. We assure you, you will remember your GRE in Lahore experience with X-Effective as an enjoyable and remarkable one. X-effective is a world class center for exam preparation. It provides you top notch training and expert reviews.

X-effective is the place you need to be if you are looking for best Academy for GRE preparation in Lahore.
Improve your GRE score with the best preparation course in Pakistan. Simplified and proven techniques of the US exam, that made success possible for thousands of our students.
High Score Guaranteed. If you don't improve your score, we'll give you your money back!
When we teach our students we ensure they understand why they are learning the material and make sure they enjoy each step of their journey.
You will not become an expert in one-week. It takes weeks, sometimes months and years to develop expertise, but you can reach your potential and it is a journey full of success.
The X-Effective Learning & Preparatory Centre Lahore has designed a short and simplified training course that helped thousands of students improve their SAT, GMAT and GRE scores. We assure you will too.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Aloysiusleo: 8:16pm On Oct 19, 2022
Themaths:

Please I'll need a copy... Please.

Thanks and God bless you!

Obilaaloysius@gmail.com
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by cheras1: 10:47pm On Oct 20, 2022
Please send me copy. ahidmin@gmail.com
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Otunbalimpopo22: 9:54am On Oct 21, 2022
More to Know About GRE (GRADUATE RECORD EXAMINATION), and Advantage of taking GRE exam Test also Important of and Benefit of Score.

What are the Advantages of Taking the GRE Exam?

The Graduate Record Examination (GRE) is a widely accepted standardized test that comprehensively prepares students for graduate schools and renowned programs across the globe. It is an intrinsic part of the admissions process that measures their skills, attributes, and knowledge. It is also used by graduate management programs to determine the likelihood of career success or the amount of intervention they will need to improve their competence. As the GRE provides applicants with access to the best schools, it also offers them a generous amount of time and chances to improve themselves to achieve desirable scores that will be valid for 5 years. They can repeatedly take the exam five times within a year with a minimum gap of 21 days between two tests until they have mastered the necessary skill set that will help increase their GPAs. Although it is not the sole factor, taking the GRE will help them gain scholarships and have a higher completion rate.

What is the value of using GRE scores?
The value of using GRE scores is summarized in two points:

Skill measurement. The value of academic skill measurement is critical in determining the readiness of the participants for graduate school. The GRE tests three skills that are crucial in studying at a graduate school: verbal reasoning, quantitative reasoning, and analytical writing. A remarkable score scale in these measurements increases the chances of applicants succeeding in their academic endeavours. On the contrary, low official score reports on the test provide an opportunity for test-takers to devote additional time and study hours to getting adequate knowledge needed for their chosen graduate program.

Promotion of Inclusivity. GRE scores resolve the issue of diversity among applicants from different backgrounds. These standardized and objective results provide a common ground for their selection, allowing administrators to directly and indiscriminately compare their skills, experience, attributes, and performance. Its well-researched features contribute to the successful conduct of a fair evaluation of applicants, which is not merely achieved through other evidence. Nonetheless, the consideration of both standardized and non-standardized measures is crucial to the implementation of the fairest admission program.
The value of using GRE scores in the admission process is significant in achieving inclusivity and in measuring the readiness of the applicants for graduate school.

What is the importance of taking the GRE exam?
Taking the GRE exam is important for the reasons below:

Requirement of GRE scores in programs. For most graduate schools, including business and law, GRE scores are critical in the admission process. An applicant must secure this record to avoid disqualification because of an incomplete application.

Acquisition of merit-based funding. A commendable GRE score may grant an applicant a scholarship or merit-based fellowship. Therefore, one should consider taking the GRE to increase their eligibility for this funding.

Application to graduate school. GRE scores are valid for five years. Taking the GRE within the time frame will equip the applicant with adequate theoretical and practical knowledge for their chosen graduate program as they can use it to review their lessons by retaking the test as many times as they need.

Addressing room for improvements. A high GRE score compensates for other weak evidence, such as a low undergrad GPA. This standardized test can be taken multiple times; hence, applicants can use it as a review process and improve themselves until they achieve desirable scores, which they can reflect on in their application.
Taking the GRE test will determine the level of preparedness of the applicants for graduate school and the likelihood of their success in such endeavours. Hence, applicants must consider this course of action.

How does taking the GRE give you a competitive edge?

The GRE is designed to equip the examinees with various skills to increase their chances of success in graduate school and improve their career outcomes. Taking the GRE gives you a competitive edge by acquiring the following skills:

Verbal Reasoning. A verbal section score determines the ability of the examinee to fluently comprehend and articulate linguistic tasks such as reading and writing. Communication is an important skill to have in the workplace or school program. This score on the GRE also reflects proficiency in English grammar.
Quantitative Reasoning. The quantitative section's official score range demonstrates the examinee's ability to solve problems with critical thinking and well-informed reasoning. A remarkable numeracy rate showcases the methodical and analytical attributes of an examinee, which are useful in resolving any problems.
Analytical Writing. Test takers' analytical writing - scores display the ability of the examinee to become an effective communicator while showcasing decent analytical and critical thinking skills in understanding concepts and problems. This skill is useful in situations that require persuasion and negotiation.
The following benefits mentioned are also relevant for future work opportunities. Some applicants show GRE score reports to demonstrate that they have the necessary skills for the job.

Why do grad schools require GRE scores?
These are the following reasons why grad schools require GRE scores in their application requirements:

Convenient comparison of diverse applicants. A GRE score is a quantified measurement of the qualification of the applicant for their chosen graduate school or program. Applicants are categorized based on their performance on the standardized test, which provides a well-researched and objective verdict of their abilities.
Proper assignment of an area of knowledge based on displayed expertise. The three measurements of the GRE test are individually evaluated to cater to different areas of knowledge. Verbal reasoning is most valued in qualitative fields, while quantitative reasoning is critical in math-related fields. Although analytical writing is considered the least important of them, it is crucial in determining the ability of the applicant to critically think and fluently explain complicated ideas in a well-informed manner.
GRE scores are usually highly valued by graduate schools, but some programs do not require them at all. Nonetheless, GRE has aided the administrators in creating a concentrated community for particular field expertise to ensure a high retention rate and increase the likelihood of success among the applicants.

What is the benefit of taking the GRE General Test for Business School?
Taking the GRE General Test for Business School provides the following benefits:

Diversified opportunities. GRE General Tests provide the applicants to business school with more control of their performance and where this can be reflected to serve their best interests. They are given enough time to prepare for the test and answer it as they see fit, with unlimited chances to review and improve their performances so they can achieve the best results on the day of the examination. The validity of the score extends up to five years, which means that applicants are given ample time to decide where and when they want to pursue a graduate-level degree. On top of that, GRE scores are part of the admission process of thousands of graduate business schools, current law schools, and grad schools. Through the ScoreSelect option, they can narrow down their choices to their dream schools and only show them their best performance.
Admittance to renowned programs worldwide. GRE scores are accepted for admission to over 1,300 business schools worldwide, including top-performing institutions in the United States, such as Harvard University, and Europe.
Pursuance of a growth-motivating career path. GRE scores equip the examinees with the necessary skill set that allows them to absorb and build knowledge professionally and to thrive in challenging career environments. The choices and the control that they had in the process of pursuing a business degree allowed them to define their own success and ignite an elevated sense of passion.
The GRE general tests hone applicants to become competitive and knowledgeable enough to become successful in business school and in their respective career environments. It offers a multitude of opportunities that can significantly contribute to their growth, such as acquiring education from the best schools and increasing their skills and competence during their preparation.

What is the benefit of the GRE for Law School?
The correlation between high GRE scores and graduate school success has been consistent in law school. The skills that applicants have during the preparation for the exam allow them to decently perform their tasks as law students. Increased competence in analytical writing and verbal reasoning enabled them to successfully write different qualitative tasks, such as persuasive writing. On the other hand, their improved quantitative reasoning helped them proficiently handle data-driven tasks and financial issues. The GRE has prepared them for the responsibilities of their chosen career path.

References:

https://www.ets.org/gre/institutions/admissions/planning/benefits/
https://graduateguide.com/the-smart-choice-the-benefits-of-taking-the-gre-general-test-for-business-school/
https://collegedunia.com/news/e-483-perks-of-taking-the-gre
https://www.prepscholar.com/gre/blog/why-take-the-gre/
https://usnewsbrandfuse.com/GRE/The-Change-Agent/index.html
https://gre.economist.com/gre-advice/gre-overview/about-gre/how-taking-gre-gives-you-competitive-edge

for more INFO: still DM us on whatsapp: 09057485470

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by DGreatACO(m): 4:18pm On Oct 21, 2022
Please somebody should kindly add me to the GRE Facebook group. Thanks

This is my email address: powerandmachines@yahoo.com
cc
themaths
Nozino
danjaninja
mrjojo
tblvck
Cephas0009
Ponpon
Gunbiz
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Albie(m): 5:48am On Oct 22, 2022
Hello!! everyone, please I and my brother wants to go for master in mechatronics, which gre course are we to write, are we to go for GRE general test or subject test? Please kindly respond.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by akinpelu746: 12:00am On Oct 25, 2022
Hello all,
I want to register for toefl exam. Pls who knows someone that can help with the registration.

Also, I need materials for preparation.

Thank you.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Kaycee96: 1:46pm On Oct 25, 2022
How much is GRE exam
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by babaijesha: 4:01am On Oct 29, 2022
[quote author=CEObiz post=116692134]

Check your email

I just send you a very comprehensive material for GRE

Open the google drive link and explore

TheCEO Consult[/quote

(1) (2) (3) ... (608) (609) (610) (611) (612) (613) (614) ... (618) (Reply)

The medical students and aspirants thread / Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.