Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,988 members, 7,859,536 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 02:22 PM

When Last Did You Visit Your Hometown - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / When Last Did You Visit Your Hometown (8699 Views)

What Is The Bride Price In Your Own Hometown? / (pictures) When Last Did You Make Use Of This? / How Often Do You Visit Your Village? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Last Did You Visit Your Hometown by bbulldog(m): 5:18am On Jul 30, 2014
where is my hometown? somebody pls help me....... i cant even speak yoruba fluently like my friends
Re: When Last Did You Visit Your Hometown by TheRealAdonye(m): 5:20am On Jul 30, 2014
2 weeks ago. . I've been there 7 times this year already. . Would have been more if not for work..
Re: When Last Did You Visit Your Hometown by olasmith10(m): 5:20am On Jul 30, 2014
its bn a long time.. my mum said when I was like 5yrs old.. Av stayed in Lagos most of my life.. I plan visiting anytime from now..
Re: When Last Did You Visit Your Hometown by iyisco2001(m): 5:25am On Jul 30, 2014
E don tey.
Reason: winches and wizards go fit kill person. undecided
Re: When Last Did You Visit Your Hometown by Buking1: 5:30am On Jul 30, 2014
Time has come when if you truly care about yourself then you need this We need this every body need this click on this link to see for yourself https://www.nairaland.com/1834606/1st-security-social-app-need
Re: When Last Did You Visit Your Hometown by disloman(m): 5:41am On Jul 30, 2014
Dec 1996
Re: When Last Did You Visit Your Hometown by disloman(m): 5:43am On Jul 30, 2014
runzlord: born in lagos
grew in lagos
still in lagos

spent last month in abuja(first time outside lagos) and it was DRY

i dont even know the road to my home town. ive never been there from birth.

is there any problem?
There is oooo n ur parent nt helping d matter.
Re: When Last Did You Visit Your Hometown by Nobody: 5:45am On Jul 30, 2014
I always thought its your birthplace that end up being your hometown. Well I'm full blooded Ikorodu boy sha.
Re: When Last Did You Visit Your Hometown by Hawlahscho(m): 6:20am On Jul 30, 2014
April - May this year. wetin happen? you want to follow me next time?
Re: When Last Did You Visit Your Hometown by datguru: 6:35am On Jul 30, 2014
Over 7 years now
Re: When Last Did You Visit Your Hometown by Nobody: 6:43am On Jul 30, 2014
I do. Every last Saturday of every month, just immediately after the sanitation exercise. I have a mission there and not going is just gonn cost me money. Hehehehe... and make sure them village people go vote for me as their councillor at the next election, I wan run. grin grin

YeaYeaNot
Re: When Last Did You Visit Your Hometown by Nobody: 6:44am On Jul 30, 2014
Last 3 years. smiley

And I will not be visiting until 2018 or so.
Re: When Last Did You Visit Your Hometown by aktolly54(m): 6:44am On Jul 30, 2014
@OP i think people are afraid of witches and wizard that is the reason for not going to their hometown.
Re: When Last Did You Visit Your Hometown by Nobody: 6:49am On Jul 30, 2014
afraid of witches? They are also present where u live!
Re: When Last Did You Visit Your Hometown by Nobody: 6:51am On Jul 30, 2014
This question again ? undecided

I won't answer this time .
Re: When Last Did You Visit Your Hometown by iyisco2001(m): 6:52am On Jul 30, 2014
But relative winches and wizards are worse, they knw ur background
Re: When Last Did You Visit Your Hometown by GPA5: 6:54am On Jul 30, 2014
CHANGE THE TOPIC TO WHEN LAST DID THE IBO GO TO THEIR HOMETOWN?

IBO KNOWS THAT GOING HOME AT PERIODICALLY WON'T FAVOUR THEM
Re: When Last Did You Visit Your Hometown by thiefnubu(m): 7:03am On Jul 30, 2014
I last visited my hometown as an unborn fetus.......parents were young, happily married, and eager to showcase the 'fruits of their labor'. They are still married nd happy, but less eager to bring us to the notice of those 'village elders'.

Re: When Last Did You Visit Your Hometown by hardbody: 7:08am On Jul 30, 2014
Kalvan: Only Our "Jewish" ibo brothers don't know their hometown. Too busy trying to claim another man's land.

i spent the long weekend in my hometown Arochukwu in Abia State. I flew in yesterday for a meeting in my office. My last visit before this was 2 weeks after Easter in April. I was home in Easter actually for my mums burial rites and was home till January after Xmas time in the villa. I am home again on the 8th of August. Please when last did you travel and don't tell me you are a Lagosian because it wont fly. In all modesty, i also stay in my personal house in Lagos, so its nothing to do with not being comfortable here. I am waiting....

3 Likes

Re: When Last Did You Visit Your Hometown by Nicepoker(m): 7:15am On Jul 30, 2014
runzlord: born in lagos
grew in lagos
still in lagos

spent last month in abuja(first time outside lagos) and it was DRY

i dont even know the road to my home town. ive never been there from birth.

is there any problem?
u are an outcast
Re: When Last Did You Visit Your Hometown by hardbody: 7:20am On Jul 30, 2014
GPA5: CHANGE THE TOPIC TO WHEN LAST DID THE IBO GO TO THEIR HOMETOWN?

IBO KNOWS THAT GOING HOME AT PERIODICALLY WON'T FAVOUR THEM

read my post above and hang your head in shame. Whoever chooses not to travel may have his reasons, we igbos travel most during Xmas and the impact is usually felt at least by traffic in Lagos. We work hard wherever we are and travel to relax when we best can and choose.

5 Likes

Re: When Last Did You Visit Your Hometown by GPA5: 7:24am On Jul 30, 2014
hardbody:

read my post above and hang your head in shame. Whoever chooses not to travel may have his reasons, we igbos travel most during Xmas and the impact is usually felt at least by traffic in Lagos. We work hard wherever we are and travel to relax when we best can and choose.

WHAT'S THIS STORY ABOUT.

I HAVE FORGOTTEN THAT IBO OWNS 80% OF LAGOS...
Re: When Last Did You Visit Your Hometown by Nobody: 7:26am On Jul 30, 2014
Xtarxhyne: last 3yrs
3 Years!! Mine's 3 years also...
Re: When Last Did You Visit Your Hometown by ExtraHands: 7:28am On Jul 30, 2014
Re: When Last Did You Visit Your Hometown by hardbody: 7:29am On Jul 30, 2014
GPA5:

WHAT'S THIS STORY ABOUT.

I HAVE FORGOTTEN THAT IBO OWNS 80% OF LAGOS...

you are not worth my waste of time this morning. This traffic is annoying enough and i should not aggravate it for myself.
Re: When Last Did You Visit Your Hometown by XploraBen(m): 7:32am On Jul 30, 2014
I'm was born in IBADAN and i've been residing there since then.I've travelled outside IBADAN several times to places like Lagos,Ikeja,Abeokuta,Akure,Ife,Ilesa and Osogbo.
Though i'm of cross-tribality i.e Yoruba-igbo.

1 Like

Re: When Last Did You Visit Your Hometown by experimentist: 7:34am On Jul 30, 2014
Dem go don disown me by now.. cry

I need to go.. I really need to go... I really really need 2go..

1 Like

Re: When Last Did You Visit Your Hometown by Erotex(m): 7:35am On Jul 30, 2014
kITATITA: Two days ago . However, no big deal if you don't visit a place where you don't have emotional attachment to. Everywhere we find peace should be our home. I was born in Enugu but I live and pay tax in Lagos. So I regard Lagos as a home also.
Stop deceiving yourself bro, next deportation might be u.
#GoHome
Re: When Last Did You Visit Your Hometown by HopeAtHand: 7:36am On Jul 30, 2014
yeyenatu: I do. Every last Saturday of every month, just immediately after the sanitation exercise. I have a mission there and not going is just gonn cost me money. Hehehehe... and make sure them village people go vote for me as their councillor at the next election, I wan run. grin grin

YeaYeaNot

Make i sharply follow you on NL incase you win dat councillorship election..

1 Like

Re: When Last Did You Visit Your Hometown by Erotex(m): 7:39am On Jul 30, 2014
Born in Igboland, never live in any where before
Making it at home just like my hero Innoson
"WTF" in ibliss voice

1 Like

Re: When Last Did You Visit Your Hometown by Whizpeter(m): 7:44am On Jul 30, 2014
I think it was around September 2005... Not quite far na!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nairalanders, On Behalf Of The Whole Of Horn Of Africa... / The Free Dating Site Where Cultures are Integrated / Why Do Nigerians Have A Problem With Self Disclosure? Blame it on the witches

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.