Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,517 members, 7,954,965 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 01:23 PM

FG Moves To Privatise Hospitals - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Moves To Privatise Hospitals (15523 Views)

FG Moves To Secure List Of Properties Owned By Nigerians In Dubai / FG Moves To Reduce Trucking Of Petroleum Products / FG Moves To Check Fulani Herdsmen, Farmers Clashes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Moves To Privatise Hospitals by minkawe: 1:56am On Jul 29, 2014
Neatboy: With proper planning and strong regulatory bodies alot can be achieve. Since Nigerians are oblivious of what health insurance is. Government has to enlighten the public. I believe, this should be inclusive in the planning process. If government really is determined it can niche a nice plan that will serve as shock-absorber or parliatives. I really want these dudes to be engaged like their counterparts in overseas
You think that is possible with the level of poverty and illiteracy in the North?. Bro, all these your theories are good on paper, come and look at the effect on the populace.
Re: FG Moves To Privatise Hospitals by jericco1(m): 2:08am On Jul 29, 2014
I dunno if it's a good idea though.
Re: FG Moves To Privatise Hospitals by barthchuks(m): 2:41am On Jul 29, 2014
Re: FG Moves To Privatise Hospitals by pendusky(m): 5:58am On Jul 29, 2014
XVIER: what is it again? Jonathan!!!!! after privatizing NEPA pls what is the outcome? i wont be here when the massacre starts in this Nigeria #i'm off to Uganda#

NEPA has been steady and better than before. Who cares if you should travel to Congo. but please don't bring back Ebola Virus ooh Mbok.
Re: FG Moves To Privatise Hospitals by pendusky(m): 6:00am On Jul 29, 2014
apasico: That is the best thing to do, this Doctors are holding us to ransom too much, killing innocent citizens. They all have their private hospitals and clinics where they devote more of their time.

Doctors are not suppose to go on strike, the court or National Assembly would have been an option.

Please FG do this move as fast as possible, in fact tomorrow will be fine.
ure on point bro
Re: FG Moves To Privatise Hospitals by XVIER(m): 6:09am On Jul 29, 2014
bros abeg i no talk to you moreover who said congo? usogbu.
pendusky:

NEPA has been steady and better than before. Who cares if you should travel to Congo. but please don't bring back Ebola Virus ooh Mbok.
Re: FG Moves To Privatise Hospitals by pendusky(m): 6:14am On Jul 29, 2014
XVIER: bros abeg i no talk to you moreover who said congo? usogbu.
so who did u talk to then? GEJ? he's not on Nairaland but me so I will quote u again if you talk ndisime.
Re: FG Moves To Privatise Hospitals by XVIER(m): 6:15am On Jul 29, 2014
grin
pendusky: so who did u talk to then? GEJ? he's not on Nairaland but me so I will quote u again if you talk ndisime.
Re: FG Moves To Privatise Hospitals by pendusky(m): 6:18am On Jul 29, 2014
XVIER: grin
cheesy
Re: FG Moves To Privatise Hospitals by eejo(m): 7:01am On Jul 29, 2014
Good move then enlist Nigerians on contribution health scheme
Re: FG Moves To Privatise Hospitals by yang(m): 7:25am On Jul 29, 2014
Good move. Privatise it and get private management firms to run these facilities. Put everyone on a Health Insurance. Insurance will take care of the funding issues because we all dont fall sick at the same time. Doctors should leave Management to Managers
Re: FG Moves To Privatise Hospitals by Mbediogu(m): 8:15am On Jul 29, 2014
doofanc:
unbelievable! we are talking of health here for crying out loud!!
we might as well privatize the police "to improve efficiency"

After privatization there will be so very high bills that the social aspect of the practice which benefits the masses will no longer exist. A new group of noveau riche class benefitting from the privatization is about to emerge from the political class. Another mass exodus of experienced medics to private sector and overseas.
Re: FG Moves To Privatise Hospitals by princenonny(m): 8:16am On Jul 29, 2014
Its funny the way johesu rats have invaded this thread spewing all manner of rubbish thinking this will be detrimental to doctors. Infact johesu dreads privatisation and it will mark the death of johesu. Pharmacists would be slashed n most go into research n private sector, all those auxiliary and non-graduate nurses will be sacked and the hostile bsc and hnd nurses will behave themselves and start putting up more hours and care more for patients instead of sitting in their bay n gossiping while the lab rats will be the worst hit. D hematology and chem path unit will b taken over by auto analysers and other diagnostic equipment will the rest will seek greener pastures where destiny takes them. As for physiotherapist and radiographers, u all will return to your humble selves even though u will go the way of the lab rats. Then finally the medical records will be replaced by computers and technology while the inconsequential porters will all be sacked n their jobs contracted

Only less than 10% of drs will lose their jobs bt the rest retained and consultants in multiple institutions will free some for younger generation.

In the end, we know who the leader of the health sector is.
Johesu ndiala

3 Likes

Re: FG Moves To Privatise Hospitals by Dragonking: 8:28am On Jul 29, 2014
XVIER: Jonathan!!!!! after privatizing NEPA pls what is the outcome? is different from Jonathan after privatizing NEPA pls what is the outcome!!!!!!

Please explain the difference mr teacher...i have all day to learn from u. smiley
Re: FG Moves To Privatise Hospitals by XVIER(m): 8:32am On Jul 29, 2014
bro check the exclamation mark grin
Dragonking:

Please explain the difference mr teacher...i have all day to learn from u. smiley
Re: FG Moves To Privatise Hospitals by Namzy(m): 8:41am On Jul 29, 2014
princenonny: Its funny the way johesu rats have invaded this thread spewing all manner of rubbish thinking this will be detrimental to doctors. Infact johesu dreads privatisation and it will mark the death of johesu. Pharmacists would be slashed n most go into research n private sector, all those auxiliary and non-graduate nurses will be sacked and the hostile bsc and hnd nurses will behave themselves and start putting up more hours and care more for patients instead of sitting in their bay n gossiping while the lab rats will be the worst hit. D hematology and chem path unit will b taken over by auto analysers and other diagnostic equipment will the rest will seek greener pastures where destiny takes them. As for physiotherapist and radiographers, u all will return to your humble selves even though u will go the way of the lab rats. Then finally the medical records will be replaced by computers and technology while the inconsequential porters will all be sacked n their jobs contracted

Only less than 10% of drs will lose their jobs bt the rest retained and consultants in multiple institutions will free some for younger generation.

In the end, we know who the leader of the health sector is.
Johesu ndiala

So true. You all should use Almighty USA as an example. The cost of health care if you don't have an insurance is so exorbitant that without any health insurance you barely survive. Even the so called health insurance is very expensive. What do you think Obama health care scheme is for? Meanwhile we should take cue from those states that hiked their tuition fees this is ordinary hiking and not privatization like those privately owned universities. We all know what happened. You should all know the outcome. Because in the end the poor masses will suffer from cheaper alternatives

1 Like

Re: FG Moves To Privatise Hospitals by creekman(m): 8:54am On Jul 29, 2014
Anybody in this age and time who thinks our government should privatise our hospitals just because of the several strikes embarked upon by doctors,should also advise this government to privatise our dead Nigerian Police force and the whole arm of d military(for their inefficiency), all state and federal universities(at least ASUU has also embarked on several strikes),etc. The way forward is to sit down and discuss with NMA and JOHESU.

1 Like

Re: FG Moves To Privatise Hospitals by obicmag(m): 10:00am On Jul 29, 2014
Health care will be out of reach of common man. FG shld not dream it.
Re: FG Moves To Privatise Hospitals by jonagaga(m): 11:36am On Jul 29, 2014
Errythnq in diz coun3 will soon b privatised, frstly it wz da power sector and den the refinaries nd nw the health sector hz follwed....very soon gov't universities nd oda educational sector 'll be nxt.
Re: FG Moves To Privatise Hospitals by Dragonking: 12:20pm On Jul 29, 2014
XVIER: bro check the exclamation mark grin

Na wah for you oooh..no worry i go allow you escape. cheesy
Re: FG Moves To Privatise Hospitals by XVIER(m): 12:28pm On Jul 29, 2014
grin bros you don learn ko?
Dragonking:

Na wah for you oooh..no worry i go allow you escape. cheesy
Re: FG Moves To Privatise Hospitals by Dragonking: 12:30pm On Jul 29, 2014
XVIER: grin bros you don learn ko?

Yes, i don learn say you no bi teacher? you still be learner.
Re: FG Moves To Privatise Hospitals by XVIER(m): 12:43pm On Jul 29, 2014
grin
Dragonking:

Yes, i don learn say you no bi teacher? you still be learner.
Re: FG Moves To Privatise Hospitals by Greatomotoy: 1:12pm On Jul 29, 2014
pinpinkay: Dear God , I know u R doin great wit the rain , but please .I av washed my cloths for d past 4 days now and it is nt dried .... Pls do somtin sir ...............................

................................Yours faithfully
.................................Pinpinkay
same thing here. The clothes i washed on saturday is stil wet.
Re: FG Moves To Privatise Hospitals by echarlz(m): 4:52pm On Jul 29, 2014
youngmonie:

Do you know that healthcare is one of the most expensive services in the world? if it was that easy to privatise do you think countries lik the UK would have the NHS ( which is one one of if not the best healthcare system in the world)

It is interesting how we are quick to compare our country to the UK and the US without regard to our historical, cultural, political and socio-economic peculiarities. There are even less advanced countries with flourishing health systems. How do the likes of India, Malaysia and S. Africa run theirs? In none of these countries do we have the culture of impunity and lawlessness that pervades every aspect of our national life but is more dangerously manifest in federal hospitals.
You are likely to accept privatisation as a solution if U understand the root cause and the motive behind the unending crisis in the health sector. You should also be ready to accept that govt alone cannot bear the cost because it is expensive to run
Re: FG Moves To Privatise Hospitals by Omadachi(m): 6:51pm On Jul 29, 2014
The FG should not be in a rush into privitization.We need to take a clue from the PHCN.A very close look at their operation shows that they are still maintaining statusco.No metres and they still charge customers estimated bills.Nigeria is almost becoming a fail state.

What is the way forward?Things are falling apart on a daily basis.
Re: FG Moves To Privatise Hospitals by Ruuchiinaa: 10:37pm On Jul 29, 2014
Privatization will go a long way in helping the medical parastatals. If possible, FG should privatise all other sectors i.e Privatization of: Presidency Sector, Police Sector, EBOLA Sector.......etc.
Re: FG Moves To Privatise Hospitals by emmaabuja(m): 7:41am On Jul 30, 2014
take advantage of part time job/volunteering with Charisflow Health Resources if you live in Abuja. volunteering is a wonderful opportunity especially if you are not seriously engaged. it is also financially rewarding. If your are interested do call or send your name and contact mobile number to 08184830759 for more detail
Re: FG Moves To Privatise Hospitals by econome(m): 8:01am On Jul 30, 2014
Tell Me what's left to be privatise?....
Re: FG Moves To Privatise Hospitals by cjrane: 1:09pm On Jul 30, 2014
Government has no business in business .
Privatization of the federal hospitals will improve the efficiency and quality of healthcare obtainable in Nigerian tertiary hospitals.
Re: FG Moves To Privatise Hospitals by tandj: 3:04pm On Jul 30, 2014
If and only if it can be done...........,
Then I will say,nigeria welcome to civilzation and modernity.

It has its down side anyway but d gain far outweighs d disadvantage.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dare Omotoso On Trial For Stealing Granite / APC Chieftain Kidnapped And Killed: See SARS Destoys Houses And Hotels Of Sus... / Maduka: Anambra Will Produce Mobile Phones, Four Years As Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.