Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,879 members, 7,817,586 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:00 PM

The Importance Of Six Days Fasting Of Shawal. - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / The Importance Of Six Days Fasting Of Shawal. (13260 Views)

The Importance of the Day Of Arafat / The Importance Of Ayatul Kursiy And How It Saves A Girl. / Observing The Fasting Of Ramadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Importance Of Six Days Fasting Of Shawal. by Bimpe29: 6:20am On Jul 29, 2014
Prophet (SAW) said; he who observe fast throughout Ramadhan and then follow it up with six days fast of Shawal, is as if he has observed fast throughout the year. We are therefore, enjoined to observe Shitta Shawal before the end of Sharu Shawal.

The first day of Shawwāl is Eid al-Fitr. Some Muslims observe six days of fasting during Shawwāl beginning the day after Eid ul-Fitr since fasting is prohibited on this day. These six days of fasting together with the Ramadan fasts, are equivalent to fasting all year round. The reasoning behind this tradition is that a good deed in Islam is rewarded 10 times, hence fasting 30 days during Ramadan and 6 days during Shawwāl is equivalent to fasting the whole year in terms of reward

33 Likes

Re: The Importance Of Six Days Fasting Of Shawal. by surawilly(m): 6:47pm On Jul 29, 2014
Allahamdulliliah

2 Likes

Re: The Importance Of Six Days Fasting Of Shawal. by Judolisco(m): 6:47pm On Jul 29, 2014
k
Re: The Importance Of Six Days Fasting Of Shawal. by sod09(m): 6:47pm On Jul 29, 2014
its will be easier to fast at least six now that our body is not yet use to eating frequently

6 Likes

Re: The Importance Of Six Days Fasting Of Shawal. by tigonana: 6:47pm On Jul 29, 2014
May allah accept our ibadah.

4 Likes

Re: The Importance Of Six Days Fasting Of Shawal. by salt1: 6:49pm On Jul 29, 2014
No single comment and it made fp
Diaris............

What were you talking about? Fasting! Good deeds! Islam!
Do those words really go together?

5 Likes

Re: The Importance Of Six Days Fasting Of Shawal. by olafunny(m): 6:50pm On Jul 29, 2014
Well, me i decided to take 3 days rest after ramadan and start 2moro. Hop no prblm wit dat? Nd is it a must dat i do d fastin within 6days? I mean can i do 1-0-1-0-1-0-1-0-1-0-1 grin

2 Likes

Re: The Importance Of Six Days Fasting Of Shawal. by DOWHILE: 6:51pm On Jul 29, 2014
May allah accept our ibadah

2 Likes

Re: The Importance Of Six Days Fasting Of Shawal. by shadowwalker101: 6:51pm On Jul 29, 2014
Re: The Importance Of Six Days Fasting Of Shawal. by mykemiley(f): 6:52pm On Jul 29, 2014
I hear.
Re: The Importance Of Six Days Fasting Of Shawal. by tunshe: 6:52pm On Jul 29, 2014
Thanks for the timely reminder.

In addition, it's better to observe the fast early enough especially now that we are still psychologically in the mood.

May Allah make it easy and grant us the reward. May He (swt) make us meet in Aljannah firdaus. Amin!

5 Likes

Re: The Importance Of Six Days Fasting Of Shawal. by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jul 29, 2014
Some Muslim guys for my area don't this o. they only bliv in the 30 days
Re: The Importance Of Six Days Fasting Of Shawal. by jericco1(m): 6:53pm On Jul 29, 2014
127views and FP? Seun we need a redress. Please
Re: The Importance Of Six Days Fasting Of Shawal. by olafunny(m): 6:53pm On Jul 29, 2014
akpanikpe: After that they take to the street and start bombing and killing people abi?
haba, y do u wanna create anoda mayhem. Jesus christ wasnt like diz.

6 Likes

Re: The Importance Of Six Days Fasting Of Shawal. by Ahuitzotl: 6:56pm On Jul 29, 2014
Ibadah is all we are looking for....
Re: The Importance Of Six Days Fasting Of Shawal. by Emeca: 6:56pm On Jul 29, 2014
AlaMmaduNiileLala.....sorry am jast practising

2 Likes

Re: The Importance Of Six Days Fasting Of Shawal. by Big4wig(m): 6:57pm On Jul 29, 2014
No matter how good or bad you think life is, wake up each day and be thankful for life. Someone somewhere is fighting to survive.#happysallah

2 Likes

Re: The Importance Of Six Days Fasting Of Shawal. by olafunny(m): 6:58pm On Jul 29, 2014
Haba!!! Such a bad nd disrespectful tin 2 say. Letz learn 2 respect odas religion

2 Likes

Re: The Importance Of Six Days Fasting Of Shawal. by psychologist(m): 6:58pm On Jul 29, 2014
Re: The Importance Of Six Days Fasting Of Shawal. by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jul 29, 2014
Islamic things, very interesting. If this one will end with sallah rice and two days public holiday, please keep me updated.

1 Like

Re: The Importance Of Six Days Fasting Of Shawal. by Emeca: 6:59pm On Jul 29, 2014
*dua*
Re: The Importance Of Six Days Fasting Of Shawal. by rutibaby(f): 6:59pm On Jul 29, 2014
Do BH also fast?
Re: The Importance Of Six Days Fasting Of Shawal. by Bryancrox(m): 7:01pm On Jul 29, 2014
Naija na wha o..,We tackle arm robbers,militants come,we tackle militants,Boko Haram come,we dey try tacke Boko Haram,Ebola just show from no where. Abeg Boko haram nd Ebola which one you prefer my people?
Re: The Importance Of Six Days Fasting Of Shawal. by Edwardhead(m): 7:03pm On Jul 29, 2014
olafunny: Well, me i decided to take 3 days rest after ramadan and start 2moro. Hop no prblm wit dat? Nd is it a must dat i do d fastin within 6days? I mean can i do 1-0-1-0-1-0-1-0-1-0-1 grin
good formula, i may copy you

1 Like

Re: The Importance Of Six Days Fasting Of Shawal. by vosquare: 7:08pm On Jul 29, 2014
grin grin
Re: The Importance Of Six Days Fasting Of Shawal. by Nobody: 7:10pm On Jul 29, 2014
class photography

6 Likes

Re: The Importance Of Six Days Fasting Of Shawal. by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jul 29, 2014
I thougt...
Re: The Importance Of Six Days Fasting Of Shawal. by Sadiq3051(m): 7:14pm On Jul 29, 2014
may Allah blessing Neva pass you by for Dis wonderful remainder .,...mashallah

3 Likes

Re: The Importance Of Six Days Fasting Of Shawal. by olafunny(m): 7:20pm On Jul 29, 2014
Sadiq3051: may Allah blessing Neva pass you by for Dis wonderful remainder .,...mashallah
amen nd us too

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tahajjud / Why Do Muslims Pray For Muhammad's Salvation? / Is It Mandatory For Women To Wear Hijab

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.