Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,205 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:12 AM

Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test (30174 Views)

8 Nigerian Athletes Fail Doping Test As They Tested Positive / Chika Amalaha Tested Positive Because She Drank ‘Zobo’ - Coach / Mikel & Oduamadi Picked For FIFA Doping Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by mesoade(m): 11:43am On Jul 29, 2014
16yrs old? How did she get d drugs? . .her coach might av a hand in dis
Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by Nobody: 11:43am On Jul 29, 2014
Why are you wicked like this na. Stop insulting the biafra nation. wink

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by sympoto(f): 11:43am On Jul 29, 2014
Eeeeeeya, dats bad. I beg make una free her jooor
Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by Ptoocool(m): 11:44am On Jul 29, 2014
9ja no dey carry last abeq..
Always reppin..
Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by Nobody: 11:45am On Jul 29, 2014
Mynd44:
It might have been her trainners without her knowledge

Might have been, shes quite young to get access to drugs, very pathetic sad

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by Nobody: 11:45am On Jul 29, 2014
Hmmmm....don't even know what to comment undecided undecided
angryWtf! What a disgrace! shocked one gold lost.
Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by ifyalways(f): 11:46am On Jul 29, 2014
Elem1: It can happen to any athlete. Lets stop trowing stones
True to some extent.

As a athlete, you gotta be extremely careful of where you eat, people you trust etc. Some of our natural local herbs and spices might influence a dope test. Kolanut, bitter kola etc.

3 Likes

Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by Nobody: 11:46am On Jul 29, 2014
Chai Chika..why na angry

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by sCross: 11:46am On Jul 29, 2014
myworld01: if Na 16years old oyinbo win am... dem no go test her o

Please drop the sentimentality. EVERYONE gets tested. We're only hearing about it because she failed the test

4 Likes

Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by Sunkyphil(m): 11:47am On Jul 29, 2014
y always weightlifting na
Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by ramdris(m): 11:47am On Jul 29, 2014
I feel bad hearing this. Hope she learns from this cause she seems like a lady with h talent to me.
Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by Nobody: 11:48am On Jul 29, 2014
ugo13: Leave her alone joor!
meaning?
Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by Mynd44: 11:49am On Jul 29, 2014
adaobi123:

Might have been, shes quite young to get access to drugs, very pathetic sad
Let's wait for the second test result

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by alotofgrace(m): 11:49am On Jul 29, 2014
alagbin or daga?

abi na agbo jedi?

buh wait o, 16yrs lifting 53kg already, hhhmm, her must go ......
Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by Krasid(m): 11:51am On Jul 29, 2014
Sad news for the young girl.The gold medal would have really motivated her.
Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by Nobody: 11:54am On Jul 29, 2014
Mehn....wat was she thinkingshockedshocked.... OMGshockedshocked... This is totally a big disgrace i 'm highly disappointed abeg....
Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by odinma1: 11:59am On Jul 29, 2014
What a pity, Chika's mother is from my local government in Awka.

Can this be true?

Anambra Adigo Mma cool cool

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by Sheggy13(m): 12:01pm On Jul 29, 2014
olapluto: The substances help in weight loss...Not a big offence if you ask me. She probably overfed days before the competition. That wont affect her lifting.
It's even worse.. don't u know weight lifting is divided into different weight categories meaning d drug would reduce her weight and make her compete in a category with lesser weight hence having unfair advantage over others in that categories cos in reality she weighs more than them.. really feel pity for her and the already battered image of Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by oliidell(m): 12:01pm On Jul 29, 2014
Very bad news. Now we'll go spiralling down the medal table. I hope others learn from this. Still loving #zoesmith#
Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by tbaba1234: 12:02pm On Jul 29, 2014
In 2007, same thing happened. Nigeria cleared the weightlifting medals in female category at the all african games but most of the athletes tested positive.

Guess we did not learn.
Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by MizMyColi(f): 12:03pm On Jul 29, 2014
Maybe na Setup undecided
Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by olapluto(m): 12:06pm On Jul 29, 2014
Sheggy13:
It's even worse.. don't u know weight lifting is divided into different weight categories meaning d drug would reduce her weight and make her compete in a category with lesser weight hence having unfair advantage over others in that categories cos in reality she weighs more than them.. really feel pity for her and the already battered image of Nigeria.
No. Most of these girls go to camp weighting many KGs above their weight class. Training should bring the weight down, but it seems the timing was gotten wrong by her coaches. I wont call her a drug cheat. I can bet 95% of the competitors did what she did. But they must have done it months ago.
Tells about the preparation, rather than a genuine intention to cheat.

5 Likes

Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by odiyaka(m): 12:06pm On Jul 29, 2014
So bad. Hope the second result will prove otherwise. Was so proud of her!
Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by Eseose9(f): 12:06pm On Jul 29, 2014
why now
Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by odiyaka(m): 12:06pm On Jul 29, 2014
So bad. Hope the second result will prove otherwise. Was proud of her!
Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by karpentar: 12:06pm On Jul 29, 2014
Common wealth games are reminders of illegal colonization and exploitation by the imperial British. I hate to watch it or follow any associated news. The first thing any true Africa leader should do is to withdraw from this non beneficial nonsense called common wealth.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by olapluto(m): 12:07pm On Jul 29, 2014
I also fear that a lot of the Nigerian weightlifters will test positive. You dont take things like this in isolation when youre in camp. For the drug to still be in her system is a shoddy job by the coaches.
Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by azidomedogo: 12:08pm On Jul 29, 2014
And see the way she was rejoicing knowing at the back of her mind that she cheated. God help humanity.The heart is truely different from the face
Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by oliidell(m): 12:08pm On Jul 29, 2014
Mynd44:
adaobi123:

Me I think the Sports Commission should have a dept dat conducts dese tests periodically, esp during international competitions like dis. The embarassment will always reflect on all Nigerians.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

David Silva To Be Immortalised With Statue Outside Etihad Stadium / Mauricio Pochettino Confronts Mike Dean After Burnley Loss (Photos) / The Balon D'or Vs FIFA Best: Which Is A More Prestigious Soccer Award?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.