Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,662 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:00 PM

Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test (30189 Views)

8 Nigerian Athletes Fail Doping Test As They Tested Positive / Chika Amalaha Tested Positive Because She Drank ‘Zobo’ - Coach / Mikel & Oduamadi Picked For FIFA Doping Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jul 29, 2014
So so sad
Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by UnknownT: 12:11pm On Jul 29, 2014
Elem1: It can happen to any athlete. Lets stop trowing stones
well, i am not an athlete. So will you allow me to throw this remaining stone i have in my hand? Mind you, it is a boulder grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by Sloan: 12:11pm On Jul 29, 2014
Cheating only happens under this PDP and Jonathan government that has refused to inspire Nigerians in a honest way and not think the whole world is as foolish as they are! Why on earth will she even do something like this for goodness sakes!!?? Nigerians are used to giving any excuse but if she fails the second test, she's screwed and has screwed over the whole country disgracefully! Why think you are smarter than the rest? At 16, you've got your whole life ahead of you, better than a lot of other people of your age, why cheat? Sadly, some Nigerians will be giving excuses on her behalf, but it is a shame she has taken the Nigerian already damaged brand deeper into the stenchy abyss again!!! angry angry

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by freecocoa(f): 12:14pm On Jul 29, 2014
How does one take drugs for something like this when the chances of being caught is extremely high? This is really not good news.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by SugaryBelle(f): 12:14pm On Jul 29, 2014
Shame
Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jul 29, 2014
Is that a question?why chika?question for the gods.. grin
DONMAYOR19: Since she is Nigeria/Africa, them run test her, but if she was European/american person now, they would have said 16years old Hero....oyibo e no good o, una wan use sense take our gold from us now abi?? But why CHIKA? grin
Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by Mopolchi: 12:16pm On Jul 29, 2014
Na wah for Chika. Weed wey she dey take 4 naija no do am na to go disgrace Nigeria outside. That one apart, e get one Ndidi Winnifred wey for win gold for weightlifting, they use ojoro and wayo deny am the gold. May be na im Chika see go take poko 4 Scotland in order to win gold. Poor one 4 her now. Just praying that she is not devasted by this and she recovers quickly since she has many years still in her career.
Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by Sheggy13(m): 12:19pm On Jul 29, 2014
olapluto:
No. Most of these girls go to camp weighting many KGs above their weight class. Training should bring the weight down, but it seems the timing was gotten wrong by her coaches. I wont call her a drug cheat. I can bet 95% of the competitors did what she did. But they must have done it months ago.
Tells about the preparation, rather than a genuine intention to cheat.
Are u saying she or her trainers don't know that such drug had to be taken months ago like other athletes?.. I know it's sad and painful for us to accept as Nigerians but we don't need to defend the indefensible, with some even going as far as saying it's cos she's African that's why she was tested.. imagine such ignorant assertions ..they could have as well prevented Africa from competing altogether if people like that feel they hate us that much..I just pray and hope she comes out of this stronger and prove to the world that she's got it in her and can be a true world-beater.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by Nobody: 12:19pm On Jul 29, 2014
what do you mean Chioma Ajunwa? When did Ajunwa fail a drug test?
barcanista: Ahhhh This Will Be epic!!!

First Chioma Ajunwa
Now This Chika Amalaha.

How did she get the drugs? angry angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by ManTiger(m): 12:21pm On Jul 29, 2014
Why am i not surprised?
We all know shaar.
Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by Dhulqarnain(m): 12:22pm On Jul 29, 2014
This is not gud...not gud at all
Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by Sheggy13(m): 12:24pm On Jul 29, 2014
Sloan: Cheating only happens under this PDP and Jonathan government that has refused to inspire Nigerians in a honest way and not think the whole world is as foolish as they are! Why on earth will she even do something like this for goodness sakes!!?? Nigerians are used to giving any excuse but if she fails the second test, she's screwed and has screwed over the whole country disgracefully! Why think you are smarter than the rest? At 16, you've got your whole life ahead of you, better than a lot of other people of your age, why cheat? Sadly, some Nigerians will be giving excuses on her behalf, but it is a shame she has taken the Nigerian already damaged brand deeper into the stenchy abyss again!!! angry angry
Haba my guy pls take it easy on GEJ.. I'm not a Jonathan supporter myself but this is taking it too far..how can u say cheating only happens during Jonathan's time..I'm sure if u r unable to impregnate ur wife, you'll say Jonathan caused it lol..cut him some slack pls, haba.....

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by felifeli: 12:24pm On Jul 29, 2014
CharlieMaria: Marijuana? undecided
No it was Amala grin grin grin
Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by Sheggy13(m): 12:25pm On Jul 29, 2014
Sloan: Cheating only happens under this PDP and Jonathan government that has refused to inspire Nigerians in a honest way and not think the whole world is as foolish as they are! Why on earth will she even do something like this for goodness sakes!!?? Nigerians are used to giving any excuse but if she fails the second test, she's screwed and has screwed over the whole country disgracefully! Why think you are smarter than the rest? At 16, you've got your whole life ahead of you, better than a lot of other people of your age, why cheat? Sadly, some Nigerians will be giving excuses on her behalf, but it is a shame she has taken the Nigerian already damaged brand deeper into the stenchy abyss again!!! angry angry
Haba my guy pls take it easy on GEJ.. I'm not a Jonathan supporter myself but this is taking it too far..how can u say cheating only happens during Jonathan's time..I'm sure if u r unable to impregnate ur wife, you'll say Jonathan caused it lol..stop the hate please,it would only make u a bitter person always..cut him some slack pls, haba.....

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by IGBOSON1: 12:26pm On Jul 29, 2014
teeo: Why are you wicked like this na. Stop insulting the biafra nation. wink

^^^How comes when any Igbo achieves something commendable we don't hear knobheads like you say 'UP BIAFRA'? You only remember Biafra and dive in with some smartarsse comment when there's some perceived negative news about us!

3 Likes

Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by coogar: 12:27pm On Jul 29, 2014
freecocoa: How does one take drugs for something like this when the chances of being caught is extremely high? This is really not good news.

she might have taken prescription drugs not necessarily for performance. she just failed a drugs test which could have been cough syrup or cold syrup. it's not clear yet if what she took was performance related. you guys should wait till thursday for the result of the B sample before crucifying her.

3 Likes

Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by bankyblue(m): 12:27pm On Jul 29, 2014
alldated. Tbaba1234. Obiossy. Borat1. Atomeda600. Uzolexis

I hope u guys now see what am saying!

16 years indeed
Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by Dreyl(m): 12:28pm On Jul 29, 2014
if he's 16 then i am 10

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by tbaba1234: 12:28pm On Jul 29, 2014
GenBuhari: what do you mean Chioma Ajunwa? When did Ajunwa fail a drug test?

Chioma Ajunwa was banned for life after failing a test in 2002.

She failed a test before in 1992.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by freecocoa(f): 12:30pm On Jul 29, 2014
coogar:

she might have taken prescription drugs not necessarily for performance. she just failed a drugs test which could have been cough syrup or cold syrup. it's not clear yet if what she took was performance related.
Okay, I just pray its not for performance o cos it won't be nice at all.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by karpentar: 12:30pm On Jul 29, 2014

Your are a big fo ol for linking GEJ to this. Na GEJ also gave cheating drugs to chioma ajunwa? Ye Ye hater. Death to APC

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by tbaba1234: 12:30pm On Jul 29, 2014
bankyblue: alldated. Tbaba1234. Obiossy. Borat1. Atomeda600. Uzolexis

I hope u guys now see what am saying!

16 years indeed

What does this have to do with the age?
Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by Nobody: 12:32pm On Jul 29, 2014
IGBOSON1:

^^^How comes when any Igbo achieves something commendable we don't hear knobheads like you say 'UP BIAFRA'? You only remember Biafra and dive in with some smartarsse comment when there's some perceived negative news about us!

Do you mind,
I don't give a sh.it about where you come from tribalist bigot

3 Likes

Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by Missy89(f): 12:33pm On Jul 29, 2014
i knew it
Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by ManTiger(m): 12:33pm On Jul 29, 2014
tbaba1234:

Chioma Ajunwa was banned for life after failing a test in 2002.

She failed a test before in 1992.
Swear say Chioma failed test!
Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by adekayo1234(m): 12:35pm On Jul 29, 2014
I feel like shoving some dirt into your mouth...Do u even know the circumstance surrounding this allegation?
Do u even know that some of the food we take contain some of this substances.
what if she's innocent. Most of us are yet to hear her own side of the story or the result of the B test and we are here crucifying her( typical Nigerian mentalit)
Just put yourself in her condition ( I mean innocent ) and you stumble on a thread like this, how would u feel?
FYI, she's innocent until she's proven to be guilty

3 Likes

Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by salvatore007(m): 12:37pm On Jul 29, 2014
Pictures or adonbelieve it.....

I smell dope

Gud 4her

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by Chanchit: 12:42pm On Jul 29, 2014
So them wan tell me say that small pikin dey on gbana...!? Common return that medal to her before I open my eyes.

But shock catch me when them say that auntie na 16yrs old o.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by SHOCK7(m): 12:42pm On Jul 29, 2014
Somebody shuld put her damn pic up here,i doubt she's 16 undecided sad
Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by femikay149(m): 12:44pm On Jul 29, 2014
Am nt suprised

When she won i told a friend i hope she doesnt fail drug test cos most of our weightlifters always ve doping issues

I wonder what ministry of sports is doing they should scrutinize the board of weightlifters
Re: Breaking News: 16yr old weightlifter Chika Amalaha Fails Doping Test by 500GP: 12:45pm On Jul 29, 2014
IBO TOP WAEC LIST - MIRACLE CENTRES (486 CENTRES CANCELLED )

IBO TOP SPORT - USING OF DRUGS(COCAINE, INDIAN HEMP )

#IBO ALWAYS FIND SHORTCUT TO SUCESS IN CROOK WAY

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

CAF Appoint Alioum As Referee For AFCON 2019 Final, Victor Gomes Dropped / David Silva To Be Immortalised With Statue Outside Etihad Stadium / Nigerians Storm Super Eagles Camp In Cario, Egypt Ahead Of AFCON 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.