Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,528 members, 7,823,303 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:24 AM

Abuja To Delta By Road - Advice Please - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Abuja To Delta By Road - Advice Please (3679 Views)

Abuja To Uyo By Road on 19 09 2014/ Uyo To Abuja By Road on 21-22 09 2014 / Trip From Abuja To Enugu & Anambra With My 505 V6 (1,505 Km/935 Miles) / Join The Ride From London To Lagos By Road (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abuja To Delta By Road - Advice Please by IdaraCHODB(m): 1:20pm On Jul 29, 2014
I need advise - one of these days I will need to do this trip by road again.

My question is - how safe is the route, especially the left turn somewhere close to or after Auchi that takes one straight to Agbor ( by the Benin-Agbor ExpressWay)?

Which is safer taking that route or going to Benin and taking the left turn by Ramat Junction straiight to Delta State?

I ask because I have taken the former route once - and it was a very lonely and quiet route - Any bad experiences on that route? Or am I safer with the second route?

Thanks in advance!
Re: Abuja To Delta By Road - Advice Please by adonisgold: 1:50pm On Jul 29, 2014
Take the left turn that is Uromi junction, there is a new road thru Uromi-Ubiaja-Ewohimi- Ubuluku, Asaba,, however if you are going to Agbor you turn right at Ubuluku. The road you talked about the old road thru Igueben to Agbor is very bad and lonely. However, you can go straight to Benin and then to Agbor, you don't need to get to Ramat park, just follow the bye pass. This route is longer but more straightforward.

1 Like

Re: Abuja To Delta By Road - Advice Please by bravolad(m): 2:27pm On Jul 29, 2014
I think @adonisgold succinctly captured your question. The Uromi-Ubiaja is your best bet. After Ewu junction, (the left turn after Auchi as you rightly said) take a left turn at the fruit market in Uromi and head straight to Ubiaja. It's an unmistakable road, busy, better and used by other commercial vehicles. It is shorter than the Iguegben-Agbor road. Big waste of time if you choose this route with a deplorable state and lonely.

Where you are in doubt about the direction, ask people. It takes you straight to Onitsha-Ugbo and just about 20 minutes to the head bridge. Drive at a controlled speed because there are several speed bumps, sharp bends and potholes. It is a relatively safe route.

Safe trip.
Re: Abuja To Delta By Road - Advice Please by IdaraCHODB(m): 5:38pm On Jul 29, 2014
Going by both accounts above - this is the route i took the last time. I noticed ABC Transport took the same route but I don't know how to follow a vehicle whose fastest speed is 90km so I left them far far behind, but I stopped several times to ask for directions till I found myself on the express and took a left turn to face Asaba.

I did notice that the road is very new and good and tempting -once you leave the villages close to/around Uromi - but then some long stretches were so lonely - I mean for several kilometers it was just me or one or 2 to 5 cars heading towards Delta, very few were coming in the opposite direction. Which is what led to my enquiry as to safety.

My enquiry is more along the lines of - do robbers operate on that road OR are robbers known to operate on that route? Cause if they do or are known to do, then I am inclined to think the Benin Bye-Pass route is much better (as in safer) - at least should something bad happen - help can come one's way in 30 minutes or 1 hour since the route is heavily utilized.

Thanks so much Adonisgold and Bravolad for your comments

(1) (Reply)

My New Project - Kurupe / I Need Your Input On Buying An Infinity FX 35 2004 Car / Let's See Your Cars or Dream Cars!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.