Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,106 members, 7,818,305 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:18 PM

How I Survived Ebola - Survivor Speaks - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How I Survived Ebola - Survivor Speaks (42344 Views)

Nigerian Dr.(PIC)Who Survived Ebola Tells Her Story-Long But Interesting Read / How I Survived Ebola - Late Nurse's Fiance / PHOTOS: Meet The 7-year-old Sierra Leonan Boy & Others Who Have Survived Ebola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Survived Ebola - Survivor Speaks by Misblah(f): 4:44pm On Jul 30, 2014
ademega: Am not panicing again . Please give me one bat and one meat of monkey .
ode oshi....what is one meat of monkey? take one meat of cow na
Re: How I Survived Ebola - Survivor Speaks by Misblah(f): 4:44pm On Jul 30, 2014
ademega: Am not panicing again . Please give me one bat and one meat of monkey .
ode oshi....what is one meat of monkey? take one meat of cow na grin
Re: How I Survived Ebola - Survivor Speaks by lockupman(m): 5:08pm On Jul 30, 2014
Lol....You can eat as many bat and ape as u want but make sure u live in Zambisa forest where those Boko boiz stay. shocked

Re: How I Survived Ebola - Survivor Speaks by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jul 30, 2014
Wow, thank God he survived it...
Re: How I Survived Ebola - Survivor Speaks by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jul 30, 2014
Please, watch out for cases in your community. Don't be fooled by any misleading information. Ebola has no known cure yet!

1 Like

Re: How I Survived Ebola - Survivor Speaks by Superstar007(m): 6:44pm On Jul 30, 2014
I don't get this. I thought there is no cure for EVD, so how did the man survive it?
Re: How I Survived Ebola - Survivor Speaks by millionboi(m): 6:45pm On Jul 30, 2014
datguru: Hmmmm

You sure say na Ebola you survive?

All the same, Glory to God
hahahahaha......may be na maleria
Re: How I Survived Ebola - Survivor Speaks by millionboi(m): 6:47pm On Jul 30, 2014
Superstar007: I don't get this. I thought there is no cure for EVD, so how did the man survive it?
wich1 com be ur own....u no wnt mek d tin get cure
Re: How I Survived Ebola - Survivor Speaks by Superstar007(m): 7:09pm On Jul 30, 2014
millionboi: wich1 com be ur own....u no wnt mek d tin get cure

Bros no be like that... I wan sabi how the man take survive after contracting the virus since they said that there is no cure.
Re: How I Survived Ebola - Survivor Speaks by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jul 30, 2014
tit: Do you build immunity if you survive?

I'm wondering about this too, since people can be immune from certain viral diseases after surviving the disease
Re: How I Survived Ebola - Survivor Speaks by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jul 30, 2014
sexylogan:

That is an Excellent question.
Unfortunately, the answer, though inconclusive, seems to be "No".
According to NewVision Newspaper, a Ugandan leading daily, seven years after surviving
the deadly ebola haemorrhagic fever, a number of people in Gulu have not fully recovered
from the disease.
Many are still suffering from headaches, general body pains, general weakness, poor vision and reduced sexual abilities.

read more here: http://www.newvision.co.ug/D/9/183/602136

Like you mentioned, this is inconclusive, as these survivors did not show signs of having the Ebola virus in their bodies after the first cases. Obviously the damage that the virus caused them continued to linger on years after, but this isn't Ebola itself.

1 Like

Re: How I Survived Ebola - Survivor Speaks by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jul 30, 2014
YoursGEJ:

I believe you do, as is the case with most other viruses. Once you have been infected, you cannot suffer from the disease again as long as it is the same strain of the virus

Yes but the damages would still remain.
Re: How I Survived Ebola - Survivor Speaks by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jul 30, 2014
Superstar007: I don't get this. I thought there is no cure for EVD, so how did the man survive it?

Early detection I guess, like most viral cases.
Re: How I Survived Ebola - Survivor Speaks by holyboss: 7:40pm On Jul 30, 2014
Hmm! Anti Ebola grin

Boh I say no to body contact wt u sha Anti or no Anti
Re: How I Survived Ebola - Survivor Speaks by continentalceo(m): 7:40pm On Jul 30, 2014
datguru: Hmmmm

You sure say na Ebola you survive?

All the same, Glory to God

Your faith small pass quarter Mustard Seed... O ye man of little faith!
Re: How I Survived Ebola - Survivor Speaks by Jomark(m): 7:42pm On Jul 30, 2014
TopsyKrete: Is this not the same Ebola that was used in 24 season 3 to attack an Hotel?

Who says it has not been engineered into a biological weapon?
...And their symptoms are alike especially the bleeding part...nothing oyinbo no fit do blackman o
Re: How I Survived Ebola - Survivor Speaks by soulglo: 8:22pm On Jul 30, 2014
masonkz:

Like you mentioned, this is inconclusive, as these survivors did not show signs of having the Ebola virus in their bodies after the first cases. Obviously the damage that the virus caused them continued to linger on years after, but this isn't Ebola itself.

You're right. If the virus damaged organs the damage is not necessarily reversible just because the illness is gone. Two totally different things

1 Like

Re: How I Survived Ebola - Survivor Speaks by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jul 30, 2014
soulglo:

You're right. If the virus damaged organs the damage is not necessarily reversible just because the illness is gone. Two totally different things

Exactly.
Re: How I Survived Ebola - Survivor Speaks by Bigzig(m): 9:13pm On Jul 30, 2014
You must have been the luckiest human on earth..
Re: How I Survived Ebola - Survivor Speaks by nora544: 9:42pm On Jul 30, 2014
[
Re: How I Survived Ebola - Survivor Speaks by HARDUBUY(m): 9:46pm On Jul 30, 2014
I switched on TV, Ebola
I picked up news paper, Ebola.
I put on radio, Ebola.
I login Nairaland, Ebola,
I enter facebook, Ebola.
I walk down the street, Every body talking Ebola.
Now, i dey fear to Open refrigerator....make i no go see *****!!!!

1 Like

Re: How I Survived Ebola - Survivor Speaks by ademega(m): 9:55pm On Jul 30, 2014
What ve i said to have made u call me "Ode" .if u dont ve any reasonable thing to say to ur fellow human begin ,then say noting, that is one of the rules of a wise adult man. I can give u back in ur own coin but ve out grown that .so , i just want to let u be and think of how u can grow up .
Misblah: ode oshi....what is one meat of monkey? take one meat of cow na grin
Re: How I Survived Ebola - Survivor Speaks by Nobody: 5:29am On Jul 31, 2014
kennygee: So someone survived it?
Re: How I Survived Ebola - Survivor Speaks by Nobody: 6:31am On Jul 31, 2014
I think this man is the cure to Ebola,world health organization should just kidnap him and use his blood
Re: How I Survived Ebola - Survivor Speaks by kamal1180(m): 6:52am On Jul 31, 2014
I thank almighty Allah ....... Here I am , thinking that this disease cannot be cure but now I fit eat bush meat aΩ̴̩̩̩̥d̶̲̥̅̊ any other fucking meat
Re: How I Survived Ebola - Survivor Speaks by mkpakanaodogwu(m): 7:06am On Jul 31, 2014
Titiluvly: hahaha grin grin grin no b smal tin..I de him head o
my sister the thin too much,i dont know if they want to ebolarise nairaland frontpage
Re: How I Survived Ebola - Survivor Speaks by Nobody: 7:52am On Jul 31, 2014
Billygee2u:
Really ,I thought ,they said surviving Ebola is as impossible as Atiku winning Presidential Election in Nigeria ?
There's a 40% chance of survival, up from 10%.

1 Like

Re: How I Survived Ebola - Survivor Speaks by Misblah(f): 9:39am On Jul 31, 2014
ademega: What ve i said to have made u call me "Ode" .if u dont ve any reasonable thing to say to ur fellow human begin ,then say noting, that is one of the rules of a wise adult man. I can give u back in ur own coin but ve out grown that .so , i just want to let u be and think of how u can grow up .
i am sorry embarassed
Re: How I Survived Ebola - Survivor Speaks by ademega(m): 11:36am On Jul 31, 2014
U welcome
Misblah: i am sorry embarassed
Re: How I Survived Ebola - Survivor Speaks by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jul 31, 2014
so you never hear say EVD claims 90% of it victims.what happens to the remaining 10%?they vanish abi?.they recover of course.
People should try and understand all these things.
cure is different from treatment.

2 Likes

Re: How I Survived Ebola - Survivor Speaks by Superstar007(m): 5:34pm On Jul 31, 2014
wincyhov:
so you never hear say EVD claims 90% of it victims.what happens to the remaining 10%?they vanish abi?.they recover of course.
People should try and understand all these things.
cure is different from treatment.

Okay, if thats the case. . there is nothing to be afraid of then

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Boy Almost Drowned While Swimming With His Girlfriend In Lagos / Meet Jasmine, The Cancer Survivor (Photos) / My Horrible Experience With Heat Yesterday Night

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.