Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,068 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:50 AM

Again, Yorubas Commit Crimes Using Igbo Names - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Again, Yorubas Commit Crimes Using Igbo Names (3210 Views)

Police To Arraign DPO For Involvement In Serious Crimes Including Murder / ANSU Student Beaten-up For Multiple Crimes / Ayodeji Balogun, NOUN Students Commit Suicide After Saying Goodbye On Facebook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Again, Yorubas Commit Crimes Using Igbo Names by Adelaide2: 6:49pm On Jul 29, 2014
Visa applicant lands in police net after boyfriend helped forge visas

JULY 26, 2014 BY KUNLE FALAYI 0 COMMENTS
print

visa
Some visa applicants nabbed at the US Consulate-General in the month of July have been handed over to the Police Special Fraud Unit in Lagos for prosecution.

According to SFU’s spokesperson, Ngozi Nsitume, a petition from the US Consulate Lagos on July 9, 2014, alleged that one Adegbola Esther appeared at US. Consulate-General for a Non-Immigrant Visa Interview with forged Canadian Turkish and Angolan visas showing entry and exit stamps.

But investigation was said to have revealed that the visas were forged by Esther’s boyfriend, one Oloni Olawale, after she paid him N100,000 for the three fake visa, to facilitate approval of her US visa application.

In another case, the US Consulate-General alleged that on July 10, 2014, another applicant, Akinlade Olugbenga, appeared for a US Immigrant Visa interview with fake name – Awoleye Tope, an individual said to have won a visa lottery.

“The suspect knowingly and fraudulently appeared at the US Embassy to steal the identity of the real winner of the diversity visa lottery,” the statement said.

A day after Olugbenga was nabbed at the embassy, another applicant, Adewole Fatimah whose real name was Adeniyi Motunrayo, was alleged to have appeared at the embassy with one Adewole Oluwaseun for a diversity visa interview. Motunrayo was said to have attempted to steal the identity of the real winner of the diversity visa lottery.

It was the same case of identity theft against applicant Omoyemi Olaiya, whose real name is Samuel Ojo and Ibenne Nkem whose real name is Ogundipe Emmanuel.

Like a harvest of fraudulent applicants, the SFU said one Babatunde Abiola and Babatunde Adenike was also nabbed for presenting forged bio-data, wedding pictures, marriage certificate and fake result to the embassy even though their real names are Oguntimehin Olanike and Aderoju Eunice.

Nsitume said, “One Aderoju Qasim and Aderoju Eunice presented forged bio-data and fake documents to the US Embassy for immigrant visas. Their real names are Oyewole Tunde and Abelese Olayinka. Both suspects fraudulently appeared at the embassy to steal the identity of the real winners of a diversity visa lottery.

“In this same month, one Christiana Omagu, a female Nigerian–American citizen, appeared before the US Consulate General to process a US passport for a male child. Investigation revealed that the suspect and her husband, Donald Omagu, were not the parents of the child, but only needed the passport to traffic the child to US.

“Finally on July 17, 2014, one Idrisu Martins, an impostor appeared at the embassy for an immigrant visa but investigation revealed that he was not the winner of the diversity visa lottery he appeared to claim.

“Investigation is on-going on these individuals. All suspects would be charged to court soon to serve as a deterrent to other intending visa fraudsters.”

http://www.punchng.com/feature/super-saturday-crime/visa-applicant-lands-in-police-net-after-boyfriend-helped-forge-visas/
Re: Again, Yorubas Commit Crimes Using Igbo Names by Adelaide2: 6:49pm On Jul 29, 2014
Below is a prior incidence of Yorubas using Igbo names to commit crime

Brother Marries Own Blood Sister In Nigeria (Read 1990 times)
Ayemokhia (1518)
Naijapals Addict (m) | 3 years ago

Wonders will never end.

Brother marries sister
By Chioma Igbokwe
Saturday, February 20, 2010

It could be described as a taboo for siblings to marry one another, but Anthonia and Victor in desperate bid to secure UK visa decided to be known and addressed as husband and wife. On the fateful day, January 28, 2008, Anthonia dressed in a flowing white gown, marched to the Ojo marriage registry with Victor to be joined as husband and wife. This was done in a bid to convince the British High Commission to grant them a visiting visa since they can never meet the criteria needed to secure such visa.

With the aid of a naval officer, (Kayode Olaniyan) they were able to secure forged documents, which portrayed them as highly placed individuals in Nigeria. The expectation was that the forged document would guarantee them a visiting visa, and they applied to spend two weeks in UK.

To further convince the BHC, they went along with their wedding photograph, especially where they were cementing their ‘marriage’ with a kiss. Bubble however bust on February 16 when the British High Commission that was not aware the ‘couple’ is related by blood discovered that the bank statement presented was slightly altered. They alerted the police at the Special Fraud Unit, Ikoyi who in turn dispatched an officer to stand by for any possible arrest.

Unknown to them that their game was up, the BHC invited the ‘couple’ for a final interview, where they would be issued a visa. They were careful to ensure that they appeared in uniformed attire so that the difference would not be spotted. Passersby commended their choice of spouse as they looked alike. In the visa section, holding each other closely they stepped into the interview room. The man meant to interview them enquired if they had a swell time on Sunday being Valentine. They were still waiting for their Visa to be issued when the police arrested them for forgery. They were arrested alongside the visa racketeer, Kayode Olaniyan who is alleged to have forged the entire document used for the act.

The PRO SFU, CSP Akan, explained that when Victor discovered that the game was up, he shouted that the man (Kayode) who gave them the document was waiting outside to collect the balance as soon as they collect their approved visa. Unknown to Kayode, the game was up; he was arrested where he was waiting for the balance as soon as the deal clicks. In the course of interrogation, ready to vomit all the illegal things, they have done, Victor confessed that Anthonia was not his wife but his blood sister.

Victor told Saturday Sun that he was tired of struggling to survive in Nigeria that was why he quickly grabbed the opportunity when Kayode promised to assist them to travel out. “He gave us instances of people who he had travelled as ‘couple’. He requested that we should pay N900,000 for the deal but we ended up paying N180,000 with the promise to pay up as soon as the visa is granted.

“He promised that it was easier for couple to be granted visa so we quickly bought the idea to pose as couple. Part of the criteria was to get married, he arranged and we paid at the Ojo marriage registry. He also got some document which shows that I am a marine engineer, working in a company where I am paid more N300,000 monthly. I am an OND student of Lagos State Polytechnic where I am studying Banking and Finance.

I am not a marine engineer and do not have an account in WEMA Bank. I have never attended Federal College of Fisheries and Marine Technology, Victoria Island. My real names are Ayeye Victor Adejobi. My younger sister who posed as my wife is Antonia Ayeye. Nebelisa is not my father’s name at all. Kayode gave us the surname ‘Nebelisa’ and instructed that we should obtain the passport. He took us to Ado Ekiti where we obtained the passport in the name of ‘Nebelisa’.”

When asked how he felt, kissing his sister, Victor said: “ It was disgusting but then I had no choice. I felt very bad knowing that it is an abomination, but because we wanted results, we had to comply. Take a look at the picture it will show that I was not comfortable with what I was doing.” Anthonia saw herself as an actress that was why she was very comfortable when it was time to kiss the bride.

On why she decided to embark on such mission, Anthonia explained that she did it to better her life and would not hesitate do whatever it took to get to the promised land. “I am a stylist and my office is located at Onobotubon Street, off Asho Street, Benin. Victor is my blood brother from the same father and mother. We were introduced to Kayode by a family friend who claimed that he has assisted a lot of people to secure UK visa.”

She explained that: “one of the ways to perfect the plan was to marry my brother, Victor. I saw that as a mere act, since I know that I am not married to my brother in real life. As agreed he took us to the marriage registry at Ojo, Lagos, to get married. At the end we were issued a marriage certificate. To perfect the business, he said we are to pay N900,000, but we managed to drop N180,000 as part payment. I am single and still searching ”

Their rip-off games man, Olaniyan, was not satisfied with his pay in the Navy and he chose to go into visa racketeering to add to his monthly salary. With his experience in the Navy, he was able to reproduce documents used to facilitate his clients’ visa requests, which depict the applicants as having military background.

Kayode who lives at No. 42 Olajumoke Street, Ikotun, Lagos, claimed that he joined the Nigerian Navy in 2005, and still works in the Navy. He explained that he knew his clients “through a family friend of mine, Tunde who told me that they were desperate to travel out of the country. I was the one who arranged for the forged marine documents and marine certificate of competency.

I brought the sample and it was reproduced just like the original document. I then hired the services of a good forger, Isaac, who brought the bank statement, sales receipt and the other documents that were presented. I asked them to pay, N900,000 to process the document which they agreed to but I only collected N180,000 based on the agreement that I would receive the balance at the end of the business. I would have collected the remaining sum today if the visa was issued.”

To the amazement of the British High Commission, Victor presented a document showing that he is working at the Durba Shipping (DNL). He also furnished the Commission with an internal memo approving 30 days annual leave, payment slip indicating a monthly salary of N310,000, letter of employment showing that he was employed as 2nd Engineer with effect from May 12, 2003 and a letter of introduction from the company. Victor further gave the Commission a certificate of Federal College of Fisheries and Marine Technology, Victoria Island Lagos.

Anthonia, the hair stylist on her part appeared before the interview panel claiming that she is CEO/Chairman of the Emmanuel Sidah Ventures. She presented an introduction letter of herself as the owner of the company. Also in her custody was a document from the Corporate Affairs Commission showing when the business was registered. This document was a certificate to authenticate the registration of the business.

https://www.nairaland.com/1378648/lets-talk-regional-connotations-visa
Re: Again, Yorubas Commit Crimes Using Igbo Names by Adelaide2: 6:50pm On Jul 29, 2014
yyyyyy
Re: Again, Yorubas Commit Crimes Using Igbo Names by Descartes: 6:50pm On Jul 29, 2014
cool
Re: Again, Yorubas Commit Crimes Using Igbo Names by Descartes: 6:50pm On Jul 29, 2014
Re: Again, Yorubas Commit Crimes Using Igbo Names by konjakonja(m): 6:55pm On Jul 29, 2014
This is height of wickedness. God don catch dem finally. Hangman do your job

1 Like

Re: Again, Yorubas Commit Crimes Using Igbo Names by Adelaide2: 6:55pm On Jul 29, 2014
70% OF supposedly Igbo criminals are not Igbos AT ALL. They are Yorubas using Igbo names

16 Likes

Re: Again, Yorubas Commit Crimes Using Igbo Names by Adelaide2: 6:58pm On Jul 29, 2014
100% of visa forgery events occur in SW of Nigeria. When/if people with forged visas succeed in travelling abroad, they cannot go to school nor engage in any meaningful employment because they have no permits to do so. They end up in crime and then they start bearing fake Igbo names.

7 Likes

Re: Again, Yorubas Commit Crimes Using Igbo Names by donguutti: 6:59pm On Jul 29, 2014
Is it surprising angry They do same on Nairaland

7 Likes

Re: Again, Yorubas Commit Crimes Using Igbo Names by Adelaide2: 6:59pm On Jul 29, 2014
See snippets of evidence of SW visa forging industry here

https://www.nairaland.com/1378648/lets-talk-regional-connotations-visa

1 Like

Re: Again, Yorubas Commit Crimes Using Igbo Names by Descartes: 7:02pm On Jul 29, 2014
embarassed
Re: Again, Yorubas Commit Crimes Using Igbo Names by oilyngbati(m): 7:03pm On Jul 29, 2014
grin grin grin grin

MKO Abiola in action, the man that introduced cheque forgery in the sh##t hole called nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Again, Yorubas Commit Crimes Using Igbo Names by Descartes: 7:05pm On Jul 29, 2014
oilyngbati:

MKO Abiola in action, the man that introduced cheque forgery in the sh##t hole called nigeria.
grin shocked shocked grin
Re: Again, Yorubas Commit Crimes Using Igbo Names by Descartes: 7:05pm On Jul 29, 2014
oilyngbati: grin grin grin grin

cheesy grin grin
Re: Again, Yorubas Commit Crimes Using Igbo Names by shaboti: 7:09pm On Jul 29, 2014
hmm,, this is really bad.. I thought its only on nairaland that they camouflage as igbos. Shameful!!

4 Likes

Re: Again, Yorubas Commit Crimes Using Igbo Names by customized07: 7:15pm On Jul 29, 2014
Sloan, aigbofa, eliment, orlandoowoh, 500GP, kanstronkastrol, barcanista, django1, anago1910 etc please someone should remind me more of their monikers so I can invite them to come see what their brothers are doing.

7 Likes

Re: Again, Yorubas Commit Crimes Using Igbo Names by Adelaide2: 7:28pm On Jul 29, 2014
Ngwakwe nwa Igbo, do the needful to frontgape grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Again, Yorubas Commit Crimes Using Igbo Names by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jul 29, 2014
I've heard. Osisikanku and Eddy Nogwu were also Yoruba.

3 Likes

Re: Again, Yorubas Commit Crimes Using Igbo Names by customized07: 7:50pm On Jul 29, 2014
OlaJohnson1: I've heard. Osisikanku and Eddy Nogwu were also Yoruba.
orlandoowho is here, he has like ten different monikers, he's the odinma1 imposter.

3 Likes

Re: Again, Yorubas Commit Crimes Using Igbo Names by Adelaide2: 7:51pm On Jul 29, 2014
OlaJohnson1: I've heard. Osisikanku and Eddy Nogwu were also Yoruba.

Those are Igbos just as Oyenusi and Shina Rambo and the latest one (Godogodo or something like that) who was captured last year in Ibadan are Yorubas

But please let's focus on this topic of Yorubas using Igbo names in criminal activities. No diversionary tactics, thank you

2 Likes

Re: Again, Yorubas Commit Crimes Using Igbo Names by Adelaide2: 7:58pm On Jul 29, 2014
customized07: Sloan, aigbofa, eliment, orlandoowoh, 500GP, kanstronkastrol, barcanista, django1, anago1910 etc please someone should remind me more of their monikers so I can invite them to come see what their brothers are doing.

They are all hibernating grin grin grin grin
Re: Again, Yorubas Commit Crimes Using Igbo Names by mike404(m): 8:12pm On Jul 29, 2014
donguutti: Is it surprising angry They do same on Nairaland
ARE YOU REFERING TO OBIAGELLI, OMENKA, NGENE UKWUENU AND CLEVERLY

3 Likes

Re: Again, Yorubas Commit Crimes Using Igbo Names by DJDOLA(m): 8:12pm On Jul 29, 2014
Mtcheww kids everywhere
Re: Again, Yorubas Commit Crimes Using Igbo Names by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jul 29, 2014
customized07: orlandoowho is here, he has like ten different monikers, he's the odinma1 imposter.
I'm also Seu.n.

2 Likes

Re: Again, Yorubas Commit Crimes Using Igbo Names by customized07: 8:17pm On Jul 29, 2014
OlaJohnson1:
I'm also Seu.n.
this is how orlandoowoh sounds.

1 Like

Re: Again, Yorubas Commit Crimes Using Igbo Names by Adelaide2: 8:19pm On Jul 29, 2014
Yoruba people please do not disappoint me. Please comment now and defend this action, I beg you in the name of irunmolagrin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Again, Yorubas Commit Crimes Using Igbo Names by odinma1: 8:21pm On Jul 29, 2014
customized07: orlandoowho is here, he has like ten different monikers, he's the odinma1 imposter.

Bunch of jobless vagabonds and miscreants making noise on a faceless forum. Chaiii God punish the people chasing una from your villages.

Instead of you to use your two hands to do something constructive, you are shouting and constituting yourselves as nuisances.

You customized07, are you sure you are an Igbo man? I doubt it. You are online 24/7, 7 days a week, you no get job? Lazy man with no ambition, I will join your parents in prayer for the restoration of your brain.

@ OP, you should declare 7 days dry fasting so that your thinking faculties that have evaporated due to weed smoking and hunger can be recovered asap. Instead of blaming innocent Yorubas for your failure in life, it is time you accept the reality- we Igbos are the problem with Nigeria.

Anambra Adigo Mma cheesy lipsrsealed cool cool

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Again, Yorubas Commit Crimes Using Igbo Names by customized07: 8:23pm On Jul 29, 2014
odinma1:

Bunch of jobless vagabonds and miscreants making noise on a faceless forum. Chaiii God punish the people chasing una from your villages.

Instead of you to use your two hands to do something constructive, you are shouting and constituting yourselves as nuisances.

You customized07, are you sure you are an Igbo man? I doubt it. You are online 24/7, 7 days a week, you no get job? Lazy man with no ambition, I will join your parents in prayer for the restoration of your brain.

@ OP, you should declare 7 days dry fasting so that your thinking faculties that have evaporated due to weed smoking and hunger can be recovered asap. Instead of blaming innocent Yorubas for your failure in life, it is time you accept the reality- we Igbos are the problem with Nigeria.

your scrotal sac will shrink into thin air the moment you deny being igbo, ikuku ga ku fu amu gi grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Again, Yorubas Commit Crimes Using Igbo Names by Adelaide2: 8:23pm On Jul 29, 2014
odinma1:

This is pure sarcasm. You be real baba sala grin grin grin grin grin Another Yoruba impostor

3 Likes

Re: Again, Yorubas Commit Crimes Using Igbo Names by Malawian(m): 8:29pm On Jul 29, 2014
maybe they want to be igbo.
Re: Again, Yorubas Commit Crimes Using Igbo Names by Syenite(m): 8:29pm On Jul 29, 2014
Op, bia nwokem. Kini point e? undecided
Re: Again, Yorubas Commit Crimes Using Igbo Names by odinma1: 8:32pm On Jul 29, 2014
Adelaide2:

This is pure sarcasm. You be real baba sala grin grin grin grin grin Another Yoruba impostor

You are the comedian here Nwanne, you must be really high on narcotics if you dont realise that we Igbos are the champions of crime and disunity in this we country. From SA to China to Malaysia to Indonesia, we are well known for our industrious talent in criminal activities.

That is why I set up an NGO in my town in Awka to make sure the upcoming generation do not toe the same line and it is working. I will make sure customized07 and dozzybaba sign up so that they can stop being jobless touts and vagabonds so that can make their poor parents proud for once.

You can sign up too, just send me a PM. Our motto is "NO IGBO YOUTH should be left behind to smuggle drugs"

God bless Ndigbo

Anambra Adigo Mma cool cool

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Boyfriend Strips His Girlfriend Naked And Flog Her In Front His Friend (video) / 4 Killed in Umuleri As Igwe Ben Emeka (Chiben) Set His Community On Fire / 24 Year Lady Arrested For Raping A 4 Year Old Boy in Rivers State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.