Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:33 AM

Help! My Boss Is Owing Me Over N200,000 And Doesn't Want To Pay - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Help! My Boss Is Owing Me Over N200,000 And Doesn't Want To Pay (17079 Views)

From Peddling Clothes On The Streets To Owing His Own Clothing Shop (Pics) / PHOTO: NNPC Doesn't Sell Fuel Into Kegs; See What Man Does / Someone Is Owing Me N50k. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! My Boss Is Owing Me Over N200,000 And Doesn't Want To Pay by egbaguy: 7:00pm On Aug 02, 2014
this is nigeria,if u involve the law,dat ur useless boss will rather bribe with money far more than what he owes u. Guy,just look out for when he is in good mood and beg him dat u really need d money.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Boss Is Owing Me Over N200,000 And Doesn't Want To Pay by oliverdon: 7:07pm On Aug 02, 2014
@Op simce he likes women very well is simple indices any i c him with his concubine summon curage walk up to him in d present of d lady dat pls sir u need money to go back to school with shame he will give u partpayment with shame bc all dose chaser wen they re with there concumbine whteva u need he will nt hesitate but u must zero ur mind worse to worst.come back here to give ur testimony @Op simce he likes women very well is simple indices any i c him with his concubine summon curage walk up to him in d present of d lady dat pls sir u need money to go back to school with shame he will give u partpayment with shame bc all dose chaser wen they re with there concumbine whteva u need he will nt hesitate but u must zero ur mind worse to worst.come back here to give ur testimony @Op simce he likes women very well is simple indices any i c him with his concubine summon curage walk up to him in d present of d lady dat pls sir u need money to go back to school with shame he will give u partpayment with shame bc all dose chaser wen they re with there concumbine whteva u need he will nt hesitate but u must zero ur mind worse to worst.come back here to give ur testimony
Re: Help! My Boss Is Owing Me Over N200,000 And Doesn't Want To Pay by Timijo(m): 7:09pm On Aug 02, 2014
Idon tey wey kaduna employers don dey owe their employees salaries.
Re: Help! My Boss Is Owing Me Over N200,000 And Doesn't Want To Pay by Amhappy(f): 7:14pm On Aug 02, 2014
I am here to read comments because my boss is owing me too but unlike the OPs, he kept promising he will pay.
Re: Help! My Boss Is Owing Me Over N200,000 And Doesn't Want To Pay by soulglo: 7:14pm On Aug 02, 2014
segun544: I can't involve d police or any security operative because my MD (Boss) is a heavily CONNECTED man.........its wisdom I need and datz y I've come here 2 seek 4 it..........NB: my boss always uses most of our money 2 maintain some useless women.......Please help me!!!! Wat can I do?

Why don't you first do the research on what your legal options are. This has nothing to do with the police? Stealing anything from him is illegal. Please educate yourself on your rights. There's no easy way out. You can start by sending an email to him or his secretary about the situation. Whatever response you get from all the emails you save as evidence. People need to start using the law to their advantage rather than taking short cuts like hiring thugs, stealing or greasing the palms of the police to arrest illegally

2 Likes

Re: Help! My Boss Is Owing Me Over N200,000 And Doesn't Want To Pay by capip120(m): 7:18pm On Aug 02, 2014
Like you said your boss is a well connected man. so if my assumption is right you are afraid he is going to deny owing you and maybe even if he does accept owing: he may want to deny owing you upto N200,000k.
son in order for you to get him make a statement that will make him accept owing you.
put a call through to him
activate the recording mode in your device this will help you capture every single detail of the conversation you guys will say.
put the question straight to him I.e. when are you going to pay me my 200,000? you guys can discuss some other things but make sure u find a way to make him say the amount he is owing you so that paradventure when this gets to the police station he won't be able to deny due fact that he is indebted to you.
who knows he might even make other threats to you when he starts feeling offended by your temerity thereby heaping more misery upon himself?
NB: This is just to make him submit early should incase you decide to take this case to the station.

as you said earlier your boss is connected with many personalities but an sure those men will want to distance themselves when trouble starts looming.
it worked for me who knows yours might pull through also?

1 Like

Re: Help! My Boss Is Owing Me Over N200,000 And Doesn't Want To Pay by soulglo: 7:22pm On Aug 02, 2014
capip120: Like you said your boss is a well connected man. so if my assumption is right you are afraid he is going to deny owing you and maybe even if he does accept owing: he may want to deny owing you upto N200,000k.
son in order for you to get him make a statement that will make him accept owing you.
put a call through to him
activate the recording mode in your device this will help you capture every single detail of the conversation you guys will say.

put the question straight to him I.e. when are you going to pay me my 200,000? you guys can discuss some other things but make sure u find a way to make him say the amount he is owing you so that paradventure when this gets to the police station he won't be able to deny due fact that he is indebted to you.
who knows he might even make other threats to you when he starts feeling offended by your temerity thereby heaping more misery upon himself?
NB: This is just to make him submit early should incase you decide to take this case to the station.

as you said earlier your boss is connected with many personalities but an sure those men will want to distance themselves when trouble starts looming.
it worked for me who knows yours might pull through also?

Is that not illegal in Nigeria?
Re: Help! My Boss Is Owing Me Over N200,000 And Doesn't Want To Pay by Nobody: 7:31pm On Aug 02, 2014
segun544: I would have taken one of his equipment to sell but the problem is dat it is only heavy duty trucks that can uproot and carry the the equipment we use.....
Don't steal from him.

Handling difficult debtors like your boss requires patience, skill and perseverance. Going to the police may not yield any result since you said he is connected, try talking to him like a son to his father, go through people he respects like his wife or his favorite side kick.

If this doesn't work, get him to acknowledge the fact that he is owing you(officially), just for record purpose. But whatever you do, avoid violence, it's cheaper for him to get boko boys to blast your a*ss off than to pay you 200K and I'm sure your life is more valuable than that.

*If you believe in prayers, pray over it and God will touch him*

1 Like

Re: Help! My Boss Is Owing Me Over N200,000 And Doesn't Want To Pay by SeunMighty(m): 7:33pm On Aug 02, 2014
@op pls don't do anything that will destroy future relationship because the devil today might be a saving angel tommorow.

Little advice get someone that's very close to him may be a business partner or close friend dat knows you are working under him explain your ordeal to d person I believe d person will profer a better solution.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Boss Is Owing Me Over N200,000 And Doesn't Want To Pay by Besto(m): 7:34pm On Aug 02, 2014
still trying to figure out ow u peeps work into 2mnths without payments

abi no billz to Carter for or therez free transport to n fro ur work place..
all dz 1man biznezz sha..
Re: Help! My Boss Is Owing Me Over N200,000 And Doesn't Want To Pay by Nobody: 7:45pm On Aug 02, 2014
go to Ebelembe Olololo in Abuja radio station. Those guys have lawyers

http://www.breketefamily.com
Re: Help! My Boss Is Owing Me Over N200,000 And Doesn't Want To Pay by julybaba(m): 8:00pm On Aug 02, 2014
Just start borrowing the money from him, u can start by borrowing 50,000 naira, after 1 month borrow another 40,000. He will get tired and give you the rest.
Re: Help! My Boss Is Owing Me Over N200,000 And Doesn't Want To Pay by isaiahethan: 8:01pm On Aug 02, 2014
segun544: I'm working in one firm somewhere in Kaduna, Nigeria.

my Boss haven't paid me at all this year, he keeps saying he doesn't have money, but he keeps buying properties all over Nigeria.....I would have taken one of his equipment to sell but the problem is dat it is only heavy duty trucks that can uproot and carry the the equipment we use......

..Now, my biggest fear is dat I would be going for my HND programme by the end of next month!!!!! Please I need ur advice on how to get part or all of the money before I go 2 school

Shoot him
Re: Help! My Boss Is Owing Me Over N200,000 And Doesn't Want To Pay by Eleganza33(f): 8:04pm On Aug 02, 2014
Na wetin i they tink o,wen he did nt pay 4 d 1st 3mnth y u no leave
siegfried99: 1 month..no salary, 2 months..no salary, 3months.. no salary.. shocked undecided undecided

And u kept on working for him?

Smh for u @op undecided
Re: Help! My Boss Is Owing Me Over N200,000 And Doesn't Want To Pay by Ninapha(f): 8:06pm On Aug 02, 2014
chesterlee: My brother Involve his family...Make a passionate appeal to his wife. If she's a good person certainly she ll talk sense into her husband... I hope this helps!

gud , the wife or any of his friends u feel he listens to. Whatever u do now, u need a proof dat he is owing u. Cos most of these private coys, wd pay ur salary by hand, hv no pay slip, no documented terms and condition of employment not even appointment letter. In such case how wd u prove u are an emplyee of his talkless of him owing u.

I wd advice u first send him a text, call or discuss it so u can record ur meeting wit him. Police, dont worry rather use EFCC or write abt it with his name, company and address on social media demanding for ur money. If its possible get his actions wit those married women, and use it against him. I want to believe he is on FB, twitter, NL or, pay small money to national dailies, he wd never owe any worker in his life. His clients wd know he is irresponsible.
Re: Help! My Boss Is Owing Me Over N200,000 And Doesn't Want To Pay by kazmanbanjoko(m): 8:15pm On Aug 02, 2014
Hmmnnn. Igwe must hear this case

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help! My Boss Is Owing Me Over N200,000 And Doesn't Want To Pay by gerona: 8:22pm On Aug 02, 2014
Write him a letter expressing you urgent need for the money and demanding immediate payment within 7 days. If you are over and dusted with the relationship, you can do the following:
1.Ask him to give you post dated cheques in instalments covering the amount
2.If he does, when due, present the cheques without asking him for permission, if it bounces, report to the police as dud cheque
3. Also you can report the matter to the Public Complaints Commission or the Human Rights Commission or Legal Aid Council.
Good luck
Re: Help! My Boss Is Owing Me Over N200,000 And Doesn't Want To Pay by Nobody: 8:35pm On Aug 02, 2014
Get legal advice, get a lawyer and before then write to him telling him with cogent reasons you needed the money now and send it to him via DHL and keep the documents from dhl. If no response than get a lawyer and you will get your money in the court but make sure your employment later is intact. Never report the case to police if not you will loose your money and still pay for damages. I wish u the best.
Re: Help! My Boss Is Owing Me Over N200,000 And Doesn't Want To Pay by dopedealer(m): 8:57pm On Aug 02, 2014
My humble advise is, just let him know you Wana see him and explain to him your problem which is you're going for HND end of next month and the money he is owing you is what you really want to use to actualize your dream. Also give him a break down of some expenses worth #150k and that you actually need atleast the 150k to be able to proceed with your program. The expenses could include accommodation, feeding, textbooks and transportation.Lastly put him in your prayers, I mean some serious midnight prayers. I believe you would get your money. Also, choose the best 3 advises here on nairaland and work with them. Thank me later!
Re: Help! My Boss Is Owing Me Over N200,000 And Doesn't Want To Pay by Nobody: 8:58pm On Aug 02, 2014
segun544: I'm working in one firm somewhere in Kaduna, Nigeria.

my Boss haven't paid me at all this year, he keeps saying he doesn't have money, but he keeps buying properties all over Nigeria.....I would have taken one of his equipment to sell but the problem is dat it is only heavy duty trucks that can uproot and carry the the equipment we use......

..Now, my biggest fear is dat I would be going for my HND programme by the end of next month!!!!! Please I need ur advice on how to get part or all of the money before I go 2 school

invite him to a planned party, the next day at work you will be his personal assistant by force
Re: Help! My Boss Is Owing Me Over N200,000 And Doesn't Want To Pay by infohenry(m): 9:01pm On Aug 02, 2014
kelechiodo: Eya, sorry for the debt but this is what you will do. Several have done it and it never fails.
Step 1. Talk to me about the necessity of paying you your debt. If he demands a week, give it to him but if more than a week, then take step 2
Step 2. Report him to Human Right Commission nearest to you. It wont cost you anything and this work like magic. He is treating you as slave and abusing your human rights by not paying you your dues for 12 months. (This works like magic, I tell you and please forget how highly connected he is. He is just plain wicked)
If step 2 fails which hardly, then chose the next option by reporting him to EFCC. It is amazing how these rich people fear EFCC. Either their tax declaration is wrong or they fear the publicity. I tell you, just having EFCC visit him is enough for him to die the matter sharply by paying you your money.
Dear these options have been tried and they never fail. I wish you luck
. This is your best option, human right commission will get the money from him.
Re: Help! My Boss Is Owing Me Over N200,000 And Doesn't Want To Pay by tellwisdom: 9:07pm On Aug 02, 2014
How much be 200k wey u no wan let us rest??
Re: Help! My Boss Is Owing Me Over N200,000 And Doesn't Want To Pay by capip120(m): 9:16pm On Aug 02, 2014
soulglo:

Is that not illegal in Nigeria?
No it's not, it's just for quick evidence
Re: Help! My Boss Is Owing Me Over N200,000 And Doesn't Want To Pay by infohenry(m): 9:26pm On Aug 02, 2014
julybaba: Just start borrowing the money from him, u can start by borrowing 50,000 naira, after 1 month borrow another 40,000. He will get tired and give you the rest.
. Lol he refused to pay him salary and you are talking of lending money to him.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Boss Is Owing Me Over N200,000 And Doesn't Want To Pay by YoungDaNaval(m): 9:28pm On Aug 02, 2014
Pray wif the SCOAN anointed water if u av one......
Re: Help! My Boss Is Owing Me Over N200,000 And Doesn't Want To Pay by yomanovic: 9:34pm On Aug 02, 2014
MRbrownJAY: bring the police or some heavy bros to let him understand that you mean business
Not a good suggestion at all. Please don't give it a thought.
Re: Help! My Boss Is Owing Me Over N200,000 And Doesn't Want To Pay by yomanovic: 9:44pm On Aug 02, 2014
@op please don't try any nasty thing. Towards the time you plan to eventually go for HND programme, approach him and plead with him that you need the money to pay school fees and probably house rent in school. If he eventually doesn't pay you, please just walk away. If you do anything nasty, you are likely to need his recommendation one day and how mature you behave now can determine a lot in your future. A boss of mine borrowed 40k from me. I tried to ask him but he didn't pay me even when I know that he later got a package of up to 4 million naira that the management owed him, he never bothered to call me to return my money. So I just let him be jare. But the truth is he'll always recommend me because of the maturity I displayed by not even telling colleagues at work.
Re: Help! My Boss Is Owing Me Over N200,000 And Doesn't Want To Pay by tonididdy(m): 9:45pm On Aug 02, 2014
tell him you have Ebola and need the money for treatment asap OR ELSE ....
Re: Help! My Boss Is Owing Me Over N200,000 And Doesn't Want To Pay by tonididdy(m): 9:47pm On Aug 02, 2014
infohenry: . Lol he refused to him salary and you are talking of lending money to him.
I just tire...some brains sha

1 Like

Re: Help! My Boss Is Owing Me Over N200,000 And Doesn't Want To Pay by repogirl(f): 10:05pm On Aug 02, 2014
If you were in Abuja, I would have advised you go to berekete family on love f.m 104.5, they handle stuff like this. They have a website, you can google it, all the best.
Re: Help! My Boss Is Owing Me Over N200,000 And Doesn't Want To Pay by segun544(m): 10:10pm On Aug 02, 2014
God bless everybody that has contributed positively on this thread........my biggest Shoutout goes 2 d MOD of this section.....tanx a million............back 2 business.......I guess d best thing 2 do is 2 meet him one on one and talk 2 him persuasively.......I'll come back here 2 report d outcome on tuesday
Re: Help! My Boss Is Owing Me Over N200,000 And Doesn't Want To Pay by Zanxx(f): 10:21pm On Aug 02, 2014
siegfried99: 1 month..no salary, 2 months..no salary, 3months.. no salary.. shocked undecided undecided

And u kept on working for him?

Smh for u @op undecided

unbelievable i tell you. my former boss and his wife did the same thing to me. i was tasked with finding sponsors for an up coming conference. my salary after the first month wasnt paid. they kept reassuring me that i will be paid and should try to be patient. into the third month, i did a follow up with one of the sponsors. this man just looked at me and said how can a beautiful girl like you go from office to office begging? i quit that very instant. afterall i wasnt being paid and to be called a beggar on top just pissed me off.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Balogun Market Women Sing And Dance In Celebration Of Christmas In Lagos / Naira is Worst Performing Currency In Africa In 2016-The Economist / FBN, Zenith, 2 Others Appointed Settlement Banks for Naira/RMB Currency swap

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.