Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,679 members, 7,820,384 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:59 PM

Pentecostal Use And Definition Of Words - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pentecostal Use And Definition Of Words (1523 Views)

Pentecostal Pastors Are Satanic Agents - True worshipers Be Very Careful! / Ayo Oritsejafor's Doctrine Of Death And Definition Of A Devil. / Pentecostal/Catholic Marriages: Why the Disagreement? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pentecostal Use And Definition Of Words by Nobody: 10:32pm On Jul 29, 2014
Abandon:
In pentecostalism, it means to leave behind everything, literally everything, like all of the money in your bank account, and do whatever the preacher is asking you to do. For example, "Abandon your sinful ways and pray away the demons in this city! We will be having a prayer and fasting meeting this week on Wednesday, and if you don't come, you care more about Satan's kingdom than God's kingdom!"

In everyday language, abandon simply means to leave something behind, usually just one thing, like pentecostalism. However, in this case, a person's dignity is still intact.

Persevere:
In Pentecostalism, it means to keep putting up with endless hardship nearing (or reaching) nervous breakdown, possibly brought on by Pentecostalism itself. For example, "If we keep persevering in intercession for our city, God is sure to bring revival!" (And so you keep praying and praying and it never happens, to the detriment of other life activities.)

In everyday language, persevere means to keep going. For example, you're running a literal marathon (not like the figurative pentecostal "race" ), and you persevere/continue despite the desire to quit.

Dance Before the Lord: In Pentecostalism it means to physically sway back and forth in front of the altar of the church in a trancelike state (the sensation is an out of body type experience). One may be in the trancelike state before beginning to dance or may experience the state from the dance itself.

Evangelist: In most Christian religions, the work of the evangelist is to bring the unconverted into Christianity. In Pentecostalism, the work of the evangelist is to work up church members into a state of emotional frenzy.

Give sacrificially: In Pentecostalism, this means to give the church more money than you can afford to give even if such giving causes you to file bankruptcy.

Persecution:
Normally means being mistreated for doing what's right. In pentecostalism, it means getting called out for being obnoxious, pushy, and intolerant of non-pentecostals.

Judge Not: In Pentecostalism it means to NEVER, EVER question leaders or those enmeshed with the church leaders. It means to never judge the theological correctness of teachings and weird physical manifestations.

1 Like

Re: Pentecostal Use And Definition Of Words by Nobody: 10:33pm On Jul 29, 2014
"I'm back with the Lord now." Usually given by someone who happened to get "saved" again after a particularly long respite of debauchery. An immediate pass was given by all for their sins.

"He has a spirit of Rebellion about him." Meaning, he does not agree with everything coming down from the pulpit.

Deliverance Service: A church service during which Pentecostal Christians blame all of their problems, the normal and predictable consequences realized from their own poor choices and behaviors, and any character/personality traits they don't like in themselves or others to some imaginary spirit, i.e. the spirit of infidelity, gluttony, witchcraft (yes, even in Christians!), rebellion, doubt, etc. They then individually and corporately verbalize statements and directives to the imaginary spirit such as:

1. I bind you.
2. I rebuke you.
3. I cast you out.
4. I command you to go.
5. I command you to loose me/my brother or sister.
6. I send you to the abyss.
7. I take authority over you.

Puking and screaming are viewed as proof that deliverance has been accomplished.

Source

2 Likes

Re: Pentecostal Use And Definition Of Words by Nobody: 10:42pm On Jul 29, 2014
My own experience :

Backslider : A former church member who has left to join another church

Holiness : Behaving in a certain way ( outwardly of course ) that depicts a saintly aura such as the clothes you wear, the way you talk, abstaining from certain foods and drink , etc while ignoring true real holiness of the heart.

Church : A place to go to every Sunday where you hear only ONE MAN preach their ONLY Truth and after which you pay MONEY ( Tithe )

Heretic : A Bible Scholar who questions the myths and practices of pentecostalism.

Add yours please cheesy
Re: Pentecostal Use And Definition Of Words by nep2ra(m): 10:59pm On Jul 29, 2014
frosbel: My own experience :

Backslider : A former church member who has left to join another church

Holiness : Behaving in a certain way ( outwardly of course ) that depicts a saintly aura such as the clothes you wear, the way you talk, abstaining fromm certain goods etc while ignoring true real holiness of the heart.

Church : A place to go to every Sunday where you hear only ONE MAN preach their ONLY Truth and after which you pay MONEY ( Tithe )

Heretic : A Bible Scholar who questions the myths and practices of pentecostalism.

Add yours please cheesy

Hahahahhahahahahahahaha....

This had me cracking my ribs.

grin

1 Like

Re: Pentecostal Use And Definition Of Words by Nobody: 12:11am On Jul 30, 2014
Falling under annointing : The act of collapsing cataclysmically once the pastor has whispered the promise of One Million Naira into the ear of a stubborn worshipper. cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pentecostal Use And Definition Of Words by Omexonomy: 9:47am On Jul 30, 2014
@frosbel,
though you are right should we then stop going to church and listening to our pastors.
Re: Pentecostal Use And Definition Of Words by nora544: 10:29am On Jul 30, 2014
Prayer changes things

"Prayer chains"and people standing up in church to request prayer for another person in the church too often serve the same purpose....spreading gossip under the guise of disseminating information for the purpose of prayer. One example I heard too many times was, "I'm standing here tonight to request prayer for Sister So-and-So who isn't here. I don't know if you all were aware of this or not, but her husband is running around with another woman, so I just want us to lift her up tonight in prayer".
Re: Pentecostal Use And Definition Of Words by Nobody: 10:36am On Jul 30, 2014
nora544: Prayer changes things

"Prayer chains"and people standing up in church to request prayer for another person in the church too often serve the same purpose....spreading gossip under the guise of disseminating information for the purpose of prayer. One example I heard too many times was, "I'm standing here tonight to request prayer for Sister So-and-So who isn't here. I don't know if you all were aware of this or not, but her husband is running around with another woman, so I just want us to lift her up tonight in prayer".

Perfectly said , almost all the churches I attended were plagued with gossip in the name of prayer .
Re: Pentecostal Use And Definition Of Words by Nobody: 11:32am On Jul 30, 2014
Omexonomy: @frosbel,
though you are right should we then stop going to church and listening to our pastors.

You should listen to God more than Men, Pastors are not the final authority on God's word, God's spirit is . If we do not have this spirit we will never know his mind. The Pastor is not the head of a church , fellowship or congregation ( many have taken the place of Christ and the sign in their churches is Ichabod ) , there is only and there will only ever be one head and he is Jesus Christ. This means that the so called MOG is actually just a fellow brother who has no right whatsoever to shove his idea of truth or church down your throat, he is there to guide and guard the sheep within the limits of the authority he or she has received from God. You are allowed to point out his or her error and if they refuse to listen or look down on you it is a sure sign that they are not only proud but they do not have the spirit of God.

Finally , church attendance is a work and we are not saved by works, we are saved by grace. Just make sure the church you go to is not brain washing you away from Christ rather than to him.

2 Likes

Re: Pentecostal Use And Definition Of Words by nora544: 11:40am On Jul 30, 2014
The whole demon teaching in these churches is absolutely ridiculous. If demons were as prevalent and powerful as we were taught they were, humanity would not exist. In contrast to scripture, which states numerous times "fear not" and that "God has not given us a spirit of fear", these teachings are designed to invoke a fear for which there is no remedy.

Pentecostal demonology does nothing other than serve as a petri dish for paranoia and madness.

4 Likes

Re: Pentecostal Use And Definition Of Words by Nobody: 11:43am On Jul 30, 2014
nora544: The whole demon teaching in these churches is absolutely ridiculous. If demons were as prevalent and powerful as we were taught they were, humanity would not exist. In contrast to scripture, which states numerous times "fear not" and that "God has not given us a spirit of fear", these teachings are designed to invoke a fear for which there is no remedy.

Pentecostal demonology does nothing other than serve as a petri dish for paranoia and madness.

Even worse it appears that more demons are 'cast' out of God's children than the unbelievers , how can this be ?
Re: Pentecostal Use And Definition Of Words by feedthenation(m): 3:54pm On Jul 30, 2014
Funny, yet true.

1 Like

Re: Pentecostal Use And Definition Of Words by Rich4god(m): 4:49pm On Jul 30, 2014
DIE BY FIRE... When you devote 90percent of your prayer to to attack your enemies and less than 5percent to thanking God for His deeds... You keep shouting die by fire as if God is out to burn down pple...

2 Likes

Re: Pentecostal Use And Definition Of Words by Nobody: 5:33pm On Jul 30, 2014
Wife says to her Husband when discussing an important family matter : I will speak to the Pastor - In other words the Pastor is her 'husband' and the words of her own husband are secondary.

Pastor please pray for me : Means, I cannot hear from God and not even sure he will answer my prayers, but because the Pastor is more special and has a direct line to Heaven, God will hear him for me.

1 Like

Re: Pentecostal Use And Definition Of Words by pappyrose(f): 8:45pm On Jul 30, 2014
This generation is in trouble. " The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons. 2 Such teachings come through hypocritical liars, whose consciences have been seared as with a hot iron."

The Spirit makes it clear that as time goes on, some are going to give up on the faith and chase after demonic illusions put forth by professional liars. These liars have lied so well and for so long that they've lost their capacity for truth. (The Message)

He who think he stands should take heed.
Re: Pentecostal Use And Definition Of Words by Nobody: 8:54am On Jul 31, 2014
^^^

Many in the church have abandoned the faith. They are now followers of men , not Jesus.
Re: Pentecostal Use And Definition Of Words by Nobody: 7:54pm On Aug 01, 2014
New one from twosquare :

you're darkening your own heart....the spirits of this age has caught up with you ; When trying to discuss certain truths that threaten their erroneous belief system and they do not have an answer.
Re: Pentecostal Use And Definition Of Words by twosquare(m): 8:43pm On Aug 01, 2014
frosbel: New one from twosquare :

you're darkening your own heart....the spirits of this age has caught up with you ; When trying to discuss certain truths that threaten their erroneous belief system and they do not have an answer.

since i asked you a question yesternight and you refused to answer......judging from your allergy to the truth and who told you it is erroneous and do you even know my belief?
Re: Pentecostal Use And Definition Of Words by mcfynest(m): 8:53pm On Aug 01, 2014
nora544: The whole demon teaching in these churches is absolutely ridiculous. If demons were as prevalent and powerful as we were taught they were, humanity would not exist. In contrast to scripture, which states numerous times "fear not" and that "God has not given us a spirit of fear", these teachings are designed to invoke a fear for which there is no remedy.

Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
1 Peter 5:8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

They aint scared, they are just consious of thier existence.
Re: Pentecostal Use And Definition Of Words by nep2ra(m): 7:39pm On Aug 02, 2014
Sow a (provoking) seed: Used when 'god of men' deceive their gullible followers that 'God' will answer their requests speedily if they part with a substantial amount of money.

Scam of the highest order.

2 Likes

Re: Pentecostal Use And Definition Of Words by Nobody: 12:30am On Aug 03, 2014
nep2ra: Sow a (provoking) seed: Used when 'god of men' deceive their gullible followers that 'God' will answer their requests speedily if they part with a substantial amount of money.

Scam of the highest order.

The problem with sowing is that the Pastors do all the reaping. grin

4 Likes

Re: Pentecostal Use And Definition Of Words by Nobody: 12:31am On Aug 03, 2014
Bible Inerrancy : There are absolutely no errors in the bible , it is 100% perfect and preserved, though we know from most Christian scholars that this is not true.
Re: Pentecostal Use And Definition Of Words by nora544: 7:45pm On Aug 04, 2014
You need to first check yourself, make sure you are free of sin then God will heal you. If you still have sins you haven't confessed no amount of prayers will heal you. #TheHolySpirit

https://www.facebook.com/PastorEAAdeboye?fref=ts

When you pray in #TheHolySpirit the devil can not understand your request to God hence he can't block it. Join us at this Year's convention.

pray for you, the Fire of #TheHolySpirit will burn All your spiritual problems, all your financial problems, all your health problems, all your marital problems and your your family problems in JESUS name.

I[b] pray for you before the end of this week, the fire of #TheHolySpirit will burn all the enemies in the way of your progress in Life in JESUS name.[/b]
Re: Pentecostal Use And Definition Of Words by Rich4god(m): 11:04am On Aug 05, 2014
frosbel: Bible Inerrancy : There are absolutely no errors in the bible , it is 100% perfect and preserved, though we know from most Christian scholars that this is not true.
But sometimes you pick some parts of the bible and believe in it while dumping the rest... Isnt that part you dumped an error to you...
Re: Pentecostal Use And Definition Of Words by Elijah78: 11:16am On Aug 05, 2014
Sow a seed to connect to the anointing. ""when a man of God say you are rich and you want to truly be rich then you just walk up to the alter and ""connect"""etc, they use a lot of exciting words and ask you to connect,

(1) (Reply)

How To Become A Monk!!!hmmmmmm / Check Out What The Bible Says About Allah Here! / Awesome Beauty Atheists Cannot Appreciate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.