Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,523 members, 7,847,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 12:02 PM

How Does "Submitting" To A Man Improve A Woman's Existence? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Does "Submitting" To A Man Improve A Woman's Existence? (13586 Views)

How To Help A Child To Improve His/her Creative Ability / Being The Only Male Or Female Child: How Does It Feel Like? / Tips For Men On How To Improve A Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Does "Submitting" To A Man Improve A Woman's Existence? by Danhumprey: 8:36am On Jul 30, 2014
Roland17: Forgive me, but what is with the wave of ridiculous threads always trying to pitch men against women in the battle of sexes especially in marriages in the FAMILY SECTION, it's absurd and can be misinterpreted by tons.

Marriage should never be generalized, it's not a case of what is good for the geese is also good for the gander here, every marriage is unique based on the foundation, motive, expectations and future of the marriage or relationships.

Please let's reduce this insane culture of pitching men against women all day especially with ludicrously titled topics aimed at disrupting and potentially severing marital ties or committed relationships, we should rather focus our resources and energy on discovering new ways family and marriage can be uplifted and preserved..
gbam!

Don't mind the OP!
Re: How Does "Submitting" To A Man Improve A Woman's Existence? by simpleseyi: 8:41am On Jul 30, 2014
Ask Arumah Oteh while she does not have a husband.
Ask Genevieve while she does not have a husband.
Ask Janet Jackson while she does not have a husband.
Ask Oprah while she does not have a husband.

Also

Ask Ngozi Okonjo-Iwealla how she is keeping her home.
Ask Remi Tinubu how she is keeping her home.
Ask Justice Mary Odilli how she is keeping her home.
Ask Justice Fatti Abubakar how she is keeping her home.

Finally

Ask Patience Jonathan how and why she is disgracing her husband.

1 Like

Re: How Does "Submitting" To A Man Improve A Woman's Existence? by simplex2: 8:42am On Jul 30, 2014
kennygee: Women were not created to head Men especially at home, according to Genesis, we are only help mates. The book of proverbs 31 goes further to praise us for the ways we help men and even calls us virtuous. The new testament crowned it all by asking that we submit.

And to crown it all, it went further to command you not to speak in church: don't teach in sunday school, don't lead in praise and worship, don't give testimonies; WOMEN SHOULD NOT SPEAK IN THE CHURCH!!!

Did you miss that part?

What a holy book.

2 Likes

Re: How Does "Submitting" To A Man Improve A Woman's Existence? by jeff1607(m): 8:43am On Jul 30, 2014
If we want want to look at d recent divorces when oe which period was dis more prevalent? But in times of old this hasn't been the case.in most cases the ladies always want to be treated equally if not more in control of the decisions. The major thing needed here is understanding and not putting your needs ahead of anyone. Your life aint yours anymore. Hrs
Re: How Does "Submitting" To A Man Improve A Woman's Existence? by LogansShadow: 8:44am On Jul 30, 2014
fellis: I am not in the mood to read arguments from insecure children that are seeking self validation by running women down with their 'submission' theories so unfollowing thread immediately.
Typical clueless Nlder.No valid points to give and next thing they do is turn the thread to personal war of words so as to deviate from the main argument of the thread as once again,they are clueless and don't have any valid points to post.
You started your show of cluelessness by INTENTIONALLY choosing to ignore posters such as Oahray with valid points and shifted your focus to those who quoted the bible as if they are the only one on the thread just so you can sound smart.And then crowned it all,by calling people who opposes your motion "children seeking validation"!.Well,coming from a clueless one,I wouldn't read much into that.
Re: How Does "Submitting" To A Man Improve A Woman's Existence? by simplex2: 8:50am On Jul 30, 2014
AdeniyiA: EPHESIANS 5:22 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord. 5:23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.
5:24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.
5:25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;
5:28 So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.
5:29 For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:
5:31 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.
5:33 Nevertheless let every one of you in particular so love his wife even as himself; and the wife see that she reverence her husband.

You're taking marriage classes from Apostle Paul that NEVER-EVER MARRIED

He would have known better than put up those letters if he ever experienced marriage.
Re: How Does "Submitting" To A Man Improve A Woman's Existence? by LogansShadow: 8:50am On Jul 30, 2014
simplex2:

And to crown it all, it went further to command you not to speak in church: don't teach in sunday school, don't lead in praise and worship, don't give testimonies; WOMEN SHOULD NOT SPEAK IN THE CHURCH!!!

Did you miss that part?

What a holy book.
Where do you pple dig all these lies from?!

Women give testimonies in @least nigerian churches,they lead praise and worship,and they also speak in church!.
You want to make a point?,pls do but please stop with all the lies and exaggerations!
Re: How Does "Submitting" To A Man Improve A Woman's Existence? by Arsenate(m): 8:53am On Jul 30, 2014
personally, I hate trouble. now if the girl I intend to marry decides to tow the path of this recent feminists movement that is making wave on nairaland, no big deal; I'll let her have way. only not with me. she can go and meet the many "real men" in town who are ready for such headache and make their lives living hell with her feminist BS. no dragging, man. I no want wahala.
Re: How Does "Submitting" To A Man Improve A Woman's Existence? by simplex2: 8:54am On Jul 30, 2014
Double post...
Re: How Does "Submitting" To A Man Improve A Woman's Existence? by simplex2: 8:56am On Jul 30, 2014
LogansShadow: Where do you pple dig all these lies from?!

Women give testimonies in @least nigerian churches,they lead praise and worship,and they also speak in church!.
You want to make a point?,pls do but please stop with all the lies and exaggerations!

Dude, the bible, where you all get the inspiration of submission asked women not to speak in churches (1Cor 14:34).

So if the bible is the standard for you all, don't get hypocritical by skipping some parts.

Next time, read with comprehension before quoting me!

2 Likes

Re: How Does "Submitting" To A Man Improve A Woman's Existence? by tk4rd: 9:05am On Jul 30, 2014
I just dey see one frustrated feminist op
Re: How Does "Submitting" To A Man Improve A Woman's Existence? by Jyde89: 9:07am On Jul 30, 2014
Am i missing something here, isn't that why God created the woman in the 1st place, to be of help to the man, any woman who isn't adding anything meaningful to her man isn't fulfiling the main purpose of a woman on earth. I hope this answer's your question.
Re: How Does "Submitting" To A Man Improve A Woman's Existence? by Illuminatus(m): 9:09am On Jul 30, 2014
onoja12: GAY and LESBIAN movement,we are seeing you people,your plan for Africa can never work no matter how hard you people try,as for seun who is promoting this on his page please note,we the majority are the once that make you what you are,and when you begin to dance with the minority sick people,i can assure you,we would leave you

What is wrong with you people?! Who said that there is a plan? Why are you so concerned that some people are gay?! BTW, Seen might be a public figure, but he still has a personal identity, beliefs and ideals. He won't give it up because you visit his site for information and entertainment. That you choose to be blind to reality doesn't mean that everybody else should do the same.

1 Like

Re: How Does "Submitting" To A Man Improve A Woman's Existence? by Nobody: 9:16am On Jul 30, 2014
blueberryp: I find ur intelligence n depth sexy. I also love the way u presented ur points very logically. Now, no girl wouldn't submit to ur kind of man!!! Kudos bro
Thanks
Re: How Does "Submitting" To A Man Improve A Woman's Existence? by Jonwesley(m): 9:29am On Jul 30, 2014
Oahray: When we say feminism is anti-marriage and anti-family, you femi-nazis would cry foul. Here:

1) An obvious strawman. When did men say submission is THE recipe for success? Hard work is the recipe for success, and at times such hard work is rubbished by arrogant insubordination. If you or your pseudo-Reverend knew the least about social psychology, you'd have realised that dominance and submission is a recurring theme in all human and animal relationships even between platonic friends.

2) I like the way the first two questions are asked without adding marriage to the picture, so you femnists can shift goal posts when you like. I would answer the way it was asked. The key advantage of female submission is the same as the key advantage of male submission to higher (managerial or political) authority. It helps stem unnecessary conflict and it's effect.

3) There's no real 50-50 partnership anywhere in the world that doesn't involve signing legal documents to that effect. Why? To stem future conflict. Why? The average human likes to be dominant over 'equals'. How does this relate to marriage? The man and the woman are not equals in every sense of the word.

Women are generally physically weaker than men. The average woman is more emotional than logical, unlike the average man. Many women have fluctuating emotions because of hormonal issues (pms and post-natal depression anyone?)

A submissive woman helps build up her home and earns the admiration/respect of her husband (if he's reasonable).

4) About the same reason you femi-nazis call every criticism of women misogyny. If you grab every chance to attack the generality of the male folk without ever praising the good parts as if there isn't any, if you blame them for your misfortunes (but never yourself), exaggerate bias against women but downplay bias against men, and bring up gender equality only when it suits the female-folk; face the truth, you are a bitter, man-hating feminist. If you maintain that women don't need men, that makes you lesbian.

5) Many men are brought up from childhood (a mother is usually involved in this training) to believe they are the natural heads of the family. For this, some do not bother trying to earn the respect of their wives. If you BELIEVE you are the head of your firm, how would you view an employee who likes to think you have no right to set any rules? Be sincere.

6) Same reason some people (male and female) defraud others who are trusting. Same reason some ladies lie to get men in prison for a _rape that never happened. Same reason some women maim or kill their innocent babies. It's not because they are men. It's because they are terrible persons.

7) If a man is a monster, he deserves to be treated as one. If he isn't, don't give a dog a bad name so you can hang it.

8 ) Societal norms, family upbringing (including those mothers who pamper their sons), religion. Such a view is as widespread as the view that you must never hit a woman, no matter what she does. Same source, same flaws.

9) See number (6) above. In addition, although domestic violence is bad, a woman should try not to provoke the man unnecessarily with her tongue. There's no monopoly of abuse (verbal abuse is also abuse)

10) Again, it's not because they are men. It's because they are reasonable persons. That's a man that has earned his wife's respect and natural SUBMISSION. Conflict doesn't result in happy families. It could also be because they have a wife who isn't a bitter, selfish, man-hating, blame-pushing feminist.

NB: You feminists seem to have a warped view of submission. It doesn't mean being a puppet or blind obedience. It's simply letting the other person lead. In a group of women, there's always a natural leader. For whatever reason the other women look up to her and let her lead (even without realizing it). Why is submission an issue when it involves men?

Absolutely! Beautiful reply, U wrote my mind and God bless ur beautiful soul. The OP must be suffering from dementia of the brain. Let her advocacy create lesbianism that she is. No sane person would ascribe such derogatory remarks on Biblical injunctions written of old. God is not mocked, U will reap what U have sown. Demented heart!!!....

1 Like

Re: How Does "Submitting" To A Man Improve A Woman's Existence? by LogansShadow: 9:43am On Jul 30, 2014
simplex2:

Dude, the bible, where you all get the inspiration of submission asked women not to speak in churches (1Cor 14:34).

So if the bible is the standard for you all, don't get hypocritical by skipping some parts.

Next time, read with comprehension before quoting me!
First of all,stop with the "your bible", "your religion".What do you mean by "You all get inspiration from"?.You don't know my religion or whether I'm even an atheist and neither have you seen me backing any of my claims with bible verses.

And what do you mean by comprehension? Coz to me,inability to comprehend is when after my last post,all you could deduce from it is that I'm just another male who uses the bible to back up claims of subjecting women in to. Slavery.
For the record again I'm not the typical male that quotes Bible up and down to support their claims(I don't even do bible arguments @ all ).
You were only exaggerating your points and that's the only reason I quoted you.
Re: How Does "Submitting" To A Man Improve A Woman's Existence? by Slickest(m): 9:49am On Jul 30, 2014
U ppl just kip misinformin naïve ppl...some ppl are so vulnerable to stuffs like this...the holy books told u 2do so 4 a longer nd fruitful relationship...u asking some certain questions wil only lead u 2 dryv ur slf crazy...like, why am I even existing?, is it by force 2 get married?, why would God create us nd stil kill us?, nd bla bla bla....see, women b submisiv 2ur husbands bcoz those dat did lived happily ever after....
Re: How Does "Submitting" To A Man Improve A Woman's Existence? by Nobody: 9:52am On Jul 30, 2014
zboyd: For all those men and women that believe that a woman must submit to her husband and allow him to lead her, could you please answer the following questions:

For The Men:

1. Why do you believe submission is the recipe for long-term recipe success?
2. What is it you believe to be the key benefits of submitting for the female?
3. What does submitting to her husband bring to the woman and her life?
4. Why do some men label a woman a 'Single, Bitter Man-Hating Lesbian' when she shows she has a mind of her own, and will not hesitate to criticize negative, male attitudes and behaviors toward women, and refuse to submit to male authority?
5. Why do some men view a non-submissive woman as an attack on their manhood and pride?
6. Why do some men abuse and cheat on women who are totally and biblically submissive to them?
7. How would you feel if a woman leaves you, taking the kid/s with her, because she is fed up with your heavy-handed, domineering, controlling, dictorial, abusive, power-drunk ways - all in the name of "Woman, you must submit, because the Bible said so!"?
8. Why do some single men think women should categorically submit to men?
9. Why do some men physically threaten, physically abuse, threaten to take the children away and/or leave women who don't submit to them?
10. Why do some men choose to ignore the whole concept of submission, preferring instead to work together with their women to do whatever is necessary to benefit the household as a whole, rather than adopting a "What I say goes!" mentality, and in return reap the benefits of a happy home and happy children?

For The Women:

1. Why would a woman, in 2014, do anything in her life that was mandated and written by control freak men thousands of years ago, when women couldn't work, read, write, travel alone, own property, inherit property or money, vote, or even decide what to cook for dinner, unless their husband was involved?
2. Why would a strong, educated, loving woman of strength and character allow a man to dictate how she dresses, forbid her to wear makeup, ban her from socializing with friends, refuse her to work outside the home, further her education, take the money she works hard for, and demand she 'service' him whenever he pleases?
3. If you had a submissive relationship in the past but no longer find value in it - please explain what happened, and how have your views on submission have changed?
4. If you had a past submissive relationship and hated it, why are you now so much happier with a man who doesn't subscribe to the concept of submission?
5. Why do some women believe wifely submission means 'dumbing themselves down' to assuage men's fragile egos?
6. Why haven't smart, intelligent women discovered that men who demand women to subjugate themselves to them unconditionally tend to be those that lack confidence, are unsure of their se*ual prowess or physical attractiveness, or that feel they are lacking in some way and can't compete in the dating arena?
7. Why is it that smart, intelligent women haven't realized that a confident, self-assured man does not need or want a woman to submit or subjugate herself to him, because he is openly proud of her, acknowledges her skills and strengths, as she acknowledges his own skills and strengths, and embraces her as his equal partner?
8. Why is it that some women do not realize that a penis gives men no special powers, no increased abilities, no more knowledge or experience, doesn't make them smarter, better, faster or more superior, and does not entitle them to special privileges or rights, just because they're men, and, therefore, shouldn't be worshipped as demi-gods?
9. Why is it that some women don't realize that wifely submission is like a spreading cancer that is capable of destroying a woman's self-confidence and independent mind?
10. As a woman, are you willing to surrender your power and self to the control of men unconditionally, risking damage and possible destruction to the essence of your spirit, the very thing that makes you the strong, confident woman that you are?

Reference: "The New Christian Marriage" by Reverend Ayodele Johnson, Phd.

God is the same yesterday, today, tomorrow till world never ends. God has not change, His rules and commands still stands. Even when Jesus came he said that he has not come to abolish the commands but to throw light into them. This is end time, so lets expect different human definitions that is not of God. Jesus even said that at the end some will claim they called His name but he will say that he knows them not. Anything other than what has been stated is a strange fire.
Re: How Does "Submitting" To A Man Improve A Woman's Existence? by obi123: 9:58am On Jul 30, 2014
Oahray: When we say feminism is anti-marriage and anti-family, you femi-nazis would cry foul. Here:

1) An obvious strawman. When did men say submission is THE recipe for success? Hard work is the recipe for success, and at times such hard work is rubbished by arrogant insubordination. If you or your pseudo-Reverend knew the least about social psychology, you'd have realised that dominance and submission is a recurring theme in all human and animal relationships even between platonic friends.

2) I like the way the first two questions are asked without adding marriage to the picture, so you femnists can shift goal posts when you like. I would answer the way it was asked. The key advantage of female submission is the same as the key advantage of male submission to higher (managerial or political) authority. It helps stem unnecessary conflict and it's effect.

3) There's no real 50-50 partnership anywhere in the world that doesn't involve signing legal documents to that effect. Why? To stem future conflict. Why? The average human likes to be dominant over 'equals'. How does this relate to marriage? The man and the woman are not equals in every sense of the word.

Women are generally physically weaker than men. The average woman is more emotional than logical, unlike the average man. Many women have fluctuating emotions because of hormonal issues (pms and post-natal depression anyone?)

A submissive woman helps build up her home and earns the admiration/respect of her husband (if he's reasonable).

4) About the same reason you femi-nazis call every criticism of women misogyny. If you grab every chance to attack the generality of the male folk without ever praising the good parts as if there isn't any, if you blame them for your misfortunes (but never yourself), exaggerate bias against women but downplay bias against men, and bring up gender equality only when it suits the female-folk; face the truth, you are a bitter, man-hating feminist. If you maintain that women don't need men, that makes you lesbian.

5) Many men are brought up from childhood (a mother is usually involved in this training) to believe they are the natural heads of the family. For this, some do not bother trying to earn the respect of their wives. If you BELIEVE you are the head of your firm, how would you view an employee who likes to think you have no right to set any rules? Be sincere.

6) Same reason some people (male and female) defraud others who are trusting. Same reason some ladies lie to get men in prison for a _rape that never happened. Same reason some women maim or kill their innocent babies. It's not because they are men. It's because they are terrible persons.

7) If a man is a monster, he deserves to be treated as one. If he isn't, don't give a dog a bad name so you can hang it.

8 ) Societal norms, family upbringing (including those mothers who pamper their sons), religion. Such a view is as widespread as the view that you must never hit a woman, no matter what she does. Same source, same flaws.

9) See number (6) above. In addition, although domestic violence is bad, a woman should try not to provoke the man unnecessarily with her tongue. There's no monopoly of abuse (verbal abuse is also abuse)

10) Again, it's not because they are men. It's because they are reasonable persons. That's a man that has earned his wife's respect and natural SUBMISSION. Conflict doesn't result in happy families. It could also be because they have a wife who isn't a bitter, selfish, man-hating, blame-pushing feminist.

NB: You feminists seem to have a warped view of submission. It doesn't mean being a puppet or blind obedience. It's simply letting the other person lead. In a group of women, there's always a natural leader. For whatever reason the other women look up to her and let her lead (even without realizing it). Why is submission an issue when it involves men?

May God bless you for this statement, IF HE IS REASONABLE is the key statement here, Naturally women like power , they like when a man shows that he is in charge, submission is easy when the man is reasonable , if the man in question isn't ,then submission to a man who has a brain the size of a fruit fly could be perceived as being in bondage ,there is also the feeling of insecurity and oppression hence the woman feels the need to defend herself and will be reluctant to give herself freely to this man.woman

To be fair some women have been through tough situations in their families which has forced them to be leaders from a very young age, these women will be strong , tough, resilient , independent, decisive,sometimes rigid and unless they meet their match they will not find it easy to submit , it will take a strong focused man to get them to submit .

1 Like

Re: How Does "Submitting" To A Man Improve A Woman's Existence? by zboyd: 10:08am On Jul 30, 2014
drnoel: OP ask urself what it means first to be submissive. Then explain to us what it means when one is submissive to another. Then ask urself if being submissive in this time and age is a nightnare? Then ask urself why its that a problem as u say in 2014 to tbe modern man or woman? Then cucuma leave ur thread cos u are looking 4 trouble.

Better questions...

Why don't ALL men...Christian or otherwise subscribe to the concept of submission?

Why are some women happier in egalitarian marriages, rather than traditional marriages?

What is it about the concept of submission that rubs some women the wrong way?

In what way does "submission" benefit women?

What mixed messages are "submissive" mothers teaching their daughters - daughters who they're raising to be strong, intelligent, independent young women able to think for themselves, do for themselves and be an asset to any man they marry - not subordinate to him in any way?

Why would any self-confident, self-assured man expect any woman to subjugate herself to him?

Why is the concept of submission necessary in this day and age?

Change ain't easy...but it's possible.

1 Like

Re: How Does "Submitting" To A Man Improve A Woman's Existence? by SAMBARRY: 10:09am On Jul 30, 2014
I see furious and insecure men every where all around the thread.
grin

Whenever they see any reasonable reason that threatens their ego the hairs on their head stands grin

but when its a woman that's being abused in marriage she's tagged a real African Woman cheesy grin

am sure if this men had their way they will say all women shouldn't be educated and employed all they should do is make babies anytime they are hornry and perpetually kiss their ass aka full time over dependent illiterate house wifegrin

hobiiiii pele o if the truth dey pain una grin

3 Likes

Re: How Does "Submitting" To A Man Improve A Woman's Existence? by SAMBARRY: 10:18am On Jul 30, 2014
Gbam. You are so on point

zboyd:

Better questions...

Why don't ALL men...Christian or otherwise subscribe to the concept of submission?

Why are some women happier in egalitarian marriages, rather than traditional marriages?

What is it about the concept of submission that rubs some women the wrong way?

In what way does "submission" benefit a women?

What mixed messages are "submissive" mothers teaching their daughters - daughters who they're raising to be strong, intelligent, independent young women able to think for themselves, do for themselves and be an asset to any man they marry - not subordinate to him in any way?

Why would any self-confident, self-assured man expect any woman to subjugate herself to him?

Why is the concept of submission necessary in this day and age?

Change ain't easy...but it's possible.

1 Like

Re: How Does "Submitting" To A Man Improve A Woman's Existence? by zboyd: 10:19am On Jul 30, 2014
sauer: for some submission is probably a true recipe for success. As vile as that may sound, even to me, some women earnestly believe they need to submit as much as is possible to their husbands in order to get the respect they crave.
Personally though, I do not believe submission is a savory recipe.

i don't believe there are any benefits for a submitting female. Just denigration, that's all there is.

same as above

I don't. But i can easily see why they do. It's a thing with ego. A man who believes he's superior to a woman will not hesitate to suppress any woman who he feels think little of his "powers". Freud has gone into the details of this in several of his writings.

for men with a huge ego, there's nothing more disturbing than a woman who challenges them. It's probably a thing with se.x too. These men find these kinds of women inaccessible.

That a woman is submissive is not enough to remove the living instincts and desires of her man. Even total submission is not enough. Desires will remain, submission or not. A faithful man would never need a submissive woman or unsubmissive woman to keep him faithful.

Well, this wouldn't really happen to me, so it's difficult to answer. But I bet any man's ego will probably make him not plead with her. In a Nigerian society where marriage is viewed as a sign of success for women, she'd probably be the one to lose for it.

For reasons of comfort, I'd believe. To reassure them that they can get the things they want from her (money, se,x, love, kids, etc) without any complaints.

Apparently to keep them in check

Where are your proofs of this claim? That a woman is not submissive is not enough reason to gift the family with "a happy home and happy children". Your conclusion seems really far from the argument. I should believe there are cases where submissive wives enjoy a rich and fulfilling life of love, kids and success. If there were no examples, wouldn't there be many more women willing to be unsubmissive.

So, one can still make a case against your position. Let it be a choice if a woman decides to submit or not, or if a man asks for submission or not. I don't think either side profits more from the arrangement. However, I do think a woman who stands on her own two feet all by herself and insist on equal partnership has a lot more to profit in her own personal life. This could however be at the risk of losing her family. If she's willing, then she absolutely should.

A pastor wrote this? He had better check his two thousand year old book again...

First, yes a pastor wrote this.

Second, I don't subscribe to the concept of submission...just not me.

Third, some of the most unhappiest women I know are married and active in church, as are their husbands.

Fourth, to each woman her own.

Fifth, sometimes different perspectives change your own perspectives about certain things.

3 Likes

Re: How Does "Submitting" To A Man Improve A Woman's Existence? by Nobody: 10:19am On Jul 30, 2014
Alexcollins: those girls have been radicalized into suicide bombers. We have more than 200 of dem waiting 2 detonate.

Same thoughts here.. this has been the method of terrorists groups the world over, why would it be different in Nigeria.. meanwhile.. our vaunted prophets have reduced their prophecy spitting rate to once per month instead of yearly... not one of those fake prophets foresaw Chibok incident
Re: How Does "Submitting" To A Man Improve A Woman's Existence? by Richy4(m): 10:23am On Jul 30, 2014
To summarize your question. You should realize that two captains cannot be in the same ship.

Sorry it sounds harsh but every one had expectations and what they wanted in their relationship. OP try not to intrude on people's lifestyle.

Remember what the priests say about what God has joined together.
Re: How Does "Submitting" To A Man Improve A Woman's Existence? by GentleMimi: 10:25am On Jul 30, 2014
fellis:
Not just that. The same men that will rush with speed of light to quote the Bible about submission will not remember the same Bible when it comes to fornication and adultery. Many of the hypocrites supporting submission will also open their rotten mouths to support adultery under the excuse that men are naturally polygamous or that you can't eat one soup for the rest of your life.

If you want to live your life according to the Bible why not do it without being a hypocrite? Why support some parts because they favour you then discard the parts that don't favour you?
Nonsense.
Fellis haf vex. cheesy
What you've said is nothing but the bitter truth. Nobody takes the ''love your wife even as Christ loves the church'' part as serious as ''wives,be submissive...''. Talk of selective salvation.

3 Likes

Re: How Does "Submitting" To A Man Improve A Woman's Existence? by SAMBARRY: 10:26am On Jul 30, 2014
The answer to all those questions is CHOICES smiley
simpleseyi: Ask Arumah Oteh while she does not have a husband.
Ask Genevieve while she does not have a husband.
Ask Janet Jackson while she does not have a husband.
Ask Oprah while she does not have a husband.

Also

Ask Ngozi Okonjo-Iwealla how she is keeping her home.
Ask Remi Tinubu how she is keeping her home.
Ask Justice Mary Odilli how she is keeping her home.
Ask Justice Fatti Abubakar how she is keeping her home.

Finally

Ask Patience Jonathan how and why she is disgracing her husband.

1 Like

Re: How Does "Submitting" To A Man Improve A Woman's Existence? by SAMBARRY: 10:31am On Jul 30, 2014
Jonwesley:

Absolutely! Beautiful reply, U wrote my mind and God bless ur beautiful soul. The OP must be suffering from dementia of the brain. Let her advocacy create lesbianism that she is. No sane person would ascribe such derogatory remarks on Biblical injunctions written of old. God is not mocked, U will reap what U have sown. Demented heart!!!....
grin tongue grin tongue grin grin grin
Re: How Does "Submitting" To A Man Improve A Woman's Existence? by zboyd: 10:33am On Jul 30, 2014
Oahray: isn't that obvious? Ask the op for confirmation.

Em... No 'full stop' or 'comma' on your keyboard?

Em...I follow my own mind.

I'm not a follow-follow type of woman who allows herself to be swayed by some mindset formulated by white women unhappy with their standing in the white man's world. That's THEIR lot in life - not mine.

I think for myself.

Is that confirmation enough?

3 Likes

Re: How Does "Submitting" To A Man Improve A Woman's Existence? by Nobody: 10:33am On Jul 30, 2014
LogansShadow: Typical clueless Nlder.No valid points to give and next thing they do is turn the thread to personal war of words so as to deviate from the main argument of the thread as once again,they are clueless and don't have any valid points to post.
You started your show of cluelessness by INTENTIONALLY choosing to ignore posters such as Oahray with valid points and shifted your focus to those who quoted the bible as if they are the only one on the thread just so you can sound smart.And then crowned it all,by calling people who opposes your motion "children seeking validation"!.Well,coming from a clueless one,I wouldn't read much into that.

Ok.

1 Like

Re: How Does "Submitting" To A Man Improve A Woman's Existence? by Oahray: 10:34am On Jul 30, 2014
blueberryp: nice point u have there but men make it look like its a birthright, if u want anyone to submit to ur leadership u should be worthy of the role of a leader. Its just like the case of the president nd d citizens, nigerians r the ones suffering d effects of the presidents wrong decision. I believe a woman should only be submissive to a man who is worthy of it not just every tom, dick n harry with a tail between his legs
yes, many men make it look like a birthright, and it is not unrelated to the fact that the society promotes that idea. It starts from childhood.

Some parents teach their boys that they deserve special rights or should lead because they are boys even if they have an intellectual or moral deficit. Same way many girls are taught that a man is a meal ticket and their body parts entitle them to preferential treatment.

The men who know what true leadership entails do not abuse it, they know that leadership must come before submission, and they are never content to receive submission on a platter of golden female helplessness. When a man takes the lead in a loving manner, his wife naturally submits.

1 Like

Re: How Does "Submitting" To A Man Improve A Woman's Existence? by Nobody: 10:36am On Jul 30, 2014
GentleMimi:
Fellis haf vex. cheesy
What you've said is nothing but the bitter truth. Nobody takes the ''love your wife even as Christ loves the church'' part as serious as ''wives,be submissive...''. Talk of selective salvation.

My dear I just tire for all this male this, female that, topics on Nairaland these days.

I know Mynd44 is the one putting them on front page, what I don't know is what type of happiness he gains from watching people fight endless gender wars.

Everybody do what works best for you, if you want a wife that will lick your goddamn balls then look for her, don't try to force your misogynistic ideas on everyone because you're scared that your warped views about female inferiority might be wrong after all.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

3 Caeserian Sections, 3 Girls -Should I attempt a 4th? / Emasculation Of The African Man / Punishment You Hated As A Child

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.