Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,528 members, 7,847,198 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 12:34 PM

How Does "Submitting" To A Man Improve A Woman's Existence? - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Does "Submitting" To A Man Improve A Woman's Existence? (13587 Views)

How To Help A Child To Improve His/her Creative Ability / Being The Only Male Or Female Child: How Does It Feel Like? / Tips For Men On How To Improve A Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Does "Submitting" To A Man Improve A Woman's Existence? by pickabeau1: 11:40am On Jul 31, 2014
zboyd:

Twisted men twist Scripture, and hide behind Scripture to do their evil deeds, hence the filing of divorce by some wives who no longer subscribe to the concept of submission.

Do you blame them?

Twisting Sciptures does not negate the concept.
Re: How Does "Submitting" To A Man Improve A Woman's Existence? by SenatorJames(m): 11:53am On Jul 31, 2014
What I can say to all these questions is that, not submitting does not improve the relationship either.

1 Like

Re: How Does "Submitting" To A Man Improve A Woman's Existence? by Nobody: 12:01pm On Jul 31, 2014
zboyd:

First, you say you don't know me personally, yet you act like you do.

Second, if men don't want women to think then don't allow them to be educated. Isn't that what's happening in some parts of the world?

Third, I assure you my hubby is no wuss. I detest weak, insecure men.

Fourth, you are doing young, intelligent, educated women a disservice, implying that they can be swayed by words on a message board.

Fifth, political, economical and social rights have everything to do with marriage.

Generally speaking...

The passing of laws (Political Rights), assures women protection from marital abuse (Social Rights), and support for children in cases of abandonment of the father and/or divorce (Economical Rights). If there were true gender equality, then why are women all over the world clamoring for equal rights?

As for women being above the laws, no such luck, as long as some men feel THEY are above the laws and free to make women toe the line by relegating them to a subordinate position.

you know how to dodge points by making up dreamland stories. Who's talking about abuse here? You hide behind the term abuse to push further devilish ambitions. What about men that don't abuse their wives? You want them to drop their God given roll as head of the house? I guess you are not christian for you to be coming against the holy book and its doctrines. Are you a christian? What kind of christian are you? The modernized one? Remember, jesus is thesame yesterday, today and tomorrow.
Re: How Does "Submitting" To A Man Improve A Woman's Existence? by DSuperWoman(f): 7:58pm On Jul 31, 2014
You took it right out of my mouth. Right on point
GentleMimi: Some males are chanting the Bible verse which states that the woman should be sumissive. Lol. The way we hug our bibles and quote selective scriptures is hilarious. You cannot select some parts to follow and ignore the rest. The bible is a whole package.
How many people even know the definition of ''submission''? Only a few. In Africa,submission is mistaken for ''passive'',''meek'' or ''bendable''.
Yes,wives should be submissive. Let us understand the context first before we sing the submission anthem.
Men have taken advantage of this to mould the woman's life to favour their own interests. How many men in turn ''Love'' their wives truely?
The issue of submission is for families. Please do not expect respect if u've shown disrespect. Earn it.
A woman should be loved,and the man in turn should love and get respected. How many men love? How many are faithful?

@ DSuperWoman,lovely and well said!! Thank you. Similar train of thoughts...
Re: How Does "Submitting" To A Man Improve A Woman's Existence? by shooze: 6:57am On Aug 02, 2014
I have to give it to Zboyd she is one intelligent and classy lady.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

3 Caeserian Sections, 3 Girls -Should I attempt a 4th? / Emasculation Of The African Man / Punishment You Hated As A Child

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.