Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,610 members, 7,812,999 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:14 AM

Mourinho Desperate To Sell Either Torres Or John Obi Mikel Or Petr Cech - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mourinho Desperate To Sell Either Torres Or John Obi Mikel Or Petr Cech (20381 Views)

Jose Mourinho Desperate For Manchester United Job Thinks He Can Win The Premier / Chelsea Ready To Sell Mikel Obi / Inside John Obi Mikel's House - Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mourinho Desperate To Sell Either Torres Or John Obi Mikel Or Petr Cech by Polchiz(m): 3:28pm On Jul 30, 2014
kingthreat:

Some people are in undeserved positions and Mikel is one of them. Some dumb people support this trend and you are one of them. #antimediocrity
Since you are God who determines the position someone should attain in life, why didn't you STOP him since 8 years now and still counting?
Stop hating! It doesn't pay.

1 Like

Re: Mourinho Desperate To Sell Either Torres Or John Obi Mikel Or Petr Cech by Malawian(m): 3:33pm On Jul 30, 2014
THEY SHOULD SELL MIKEL TO ARSENAL.
Re: Mourinho Desperate To Sell Either Torres Or John Obi Mikel Or Petr Cech by Dantedasz(m): 3:37pm On Jul 30, 2014
Quinton Fortune
This page has some issues
Quinton Fortune
Fortune, Quinton.jpg
Personal information
Full name Quinton Fortune
Date of birth 21 May 1977 (age 37)
Place of birth Cape Town, South Africa
Height 5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)
Playing position Left midfielder
Left-back
Youth career
1994–1995 Tottenham Hotspur
1995–1996 Atlético Madrid
Senior career*
Years Team Apps† (Gls)†
1995 Mallorca 8 (0)
1996–1999 Atlético Madrid 6 (0)
1996–1999 Atlético Madrid B 81 (6)
1999–2006 Manchester United 76 (5)
2006–2007 Bolton Wanderers 6 (0)
2008 Brescia 1 (0)
2009 Tubize 9 (0)
2009–2010 Doncaster Rovers 6 (1)
Total 193 (12)
National team
1996–2005 South Africa 46 (2)
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
† Appearances (Goals).
Quinton Fortune (born 21 May 1977) is a South African former footballer who has represented a number of European clubs including Manchester United, Atletico Madrid and Bolton Wanderers. Fortune has earned 46 caps for South Africa, including playing in the 1998 and the 2002 World Cups. He most recently played for Doncaster Rovers, but failed to earn an extension to his contract when it expired in January 2010.

Club careerEdit

Fortune left South Africa at the age of 14 and moved to England where he played for the Tottenham Hotspur junior team (whilst attending Forest School), but never made a senior appearance for the club. After having trouble obtaining a work permit, Fortune moved to Spain, where he played for Atlético Madrid.

Manchester United purchased him from Atlético Madrid on 1 August 1999. He made his first appearance for the club on 30 August 1999, against Newcastle United. Fortune was initially brought to United as cover for Ryan Giggs, and was thought of primarily as an attacking left-sided midfielder. Fortune, however, proved himself a capable and dedicated performer in a number of positions. It was Fortune's strength as a defender, rather than his qualities as an attacker, that Alex Ferguson depended most on, and Fortune was often deployed as a central midfielder or as a left-back.

Despite playing in three Premiership winning seasons (1999–2000, 2000–01 and 2002–03), Fortune never played the required 10 games to earn a winner's medal, making 6, 7 and 9 appearances respectively.[1] He did however receive a Premier League winner's medal from United that had been left at the club by a former player.[2] After being used mostly in a squad rotation basis for his career at Manchester United, he was released by the club ahead of the 2006–07 campaign. In total, Fortune made 126 appearances for United, scoring 10 goals.[1]

After a successful trial, he joined Bolton Wanderers for the 2006–07 season and made the left back position his own for the club's opening games. However, the former United player was injured against Arsenal and appeared for Bolton later only in their cup game against Doncaster Rovers prior to being released and later joining Blackburn Rovers and Sunderland on trial.

In September 2008, he joined Sheffield United on trial. On 6 October 2008, Serie B club Brescia confirmed to have reached an agreement with Fortune;[3] the transfer was finalised on 23 October, with Fortune signing a one-year contract with the Rondinelle.[4]

On 2 February 2009, Tubize signed Fortune on a free transfer,[5] although he was released by Tubize at the end of the 2008–09 season.

On 4 August 2009, he signed a short term deal at Doncaster Rovers.[6] He scored his first Rovers goal against Ipswich Town on 19 September 2009.[7] He was sent off in a 2–2 draw against Scunthorpe United. Fortune was not offered an extension to his deal at the club and was released on 4 February 2010.[8]
Re: Mourinho Desperate To Sell Either Torres Or John Obi Mikel Or Petr Cech by begwong: 3:38pm On Jul 30, 2014
Wiki tourist said they are interested on Mikel grin
Re: Mourinho Desperate To Sell Either Torres Or John Obi Mikel Or Petr Cech by Dantedasz(m): 3:50pm On Jul 30, 2014
The problem is not selling the players. The problem is getting a club rich enough to pay the ridiculous weekly salaries,that Chelsea agreed with these players in order to dominate European football. Whiich club except Chelsea would agree to pay Torres £175,000 weekly? Which club would agree to pay a player like Mikel Obi over £100,000. a week except Chelsea?
In my opinion only Cech is worth over 100,000 pounds a week out of these three players.
Mikel and Torres should take pay cuts and join any of the newly promoted teams if they want to play regular football this season.
Either way some Chelsea players will end up unhappy this season.

1 Like

Re: Mourinho Desperate To Sell Either Torres Or John Obi Mikel Or Petr Cech by virago(f): 4:16pm On Jul 30, 2014
OkikiOluwa1:

4. It is the new botanical of a snail, Mikelis Obilis.

Snails don't have botanical names but zoological names. Botany = plants , zoology = animal , both are scientific names though
Re: Mourinho Desperate To Sell Either Torres Or John Obi Mikel Or Petr Cech by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jul 30, 2014
sahara reports gather that Mikel has invented a new science called Slow science and what to be studied will be snail.

Mikel is a word that can be find in dictionary now.

Mikel (§naikel; oral english): it means a slow moving object that will take 24hrs to move in 1cm distance. For example: if a vehicle is on top speed and you want to reduce the speed, You will say I MIKEL(SLOW) the vehicle.
Re: Mourinho Desperate To Sell Either Torres Or John Obi Mikel Or Petr Cech by Chimoski87(m): 4:20pm On Jul 30, 2014
OkikaOluwa1
1st Bullet
Na Mikel or Torres he go sell.
2nd Bullet
Mourinho na fufu!
He want to v 2 world class goalkeepers. Never!
n this present age, it won't work!
Players wanna play regularly.
Mourinho suppose tell Thibaut Curtois to still go on
loan to Athletico Madrid for one more season, while
he takes his time to study Cech & see whether it's
his performance that's dropping or it's the injury
that's worrying him due to age!
Cech is still a top goalkeeper. How I wish Arsene
Wenger can vexfully buy him.
Neithes Cech nor Curtois ll be happy on the bench!
Last Bullet
What's a Mikel?
1. A Nigerian Ferrari with the engine of a Kia
Picanto.
2. A confused strolling object that has no focus.
3. In Physics, a Mikel is the S.I Unit for measuring
deceleration, e.g: the car decelerated by 2 mikels/
sec.
5. A Mikel is a footballer who's allergic to scoring
goals.

Bullcrap and lame. Mikel is making money there, you're here talking nonsense
Re: Mourinho Desperate To Sell Either Torres Or John Obi Mikel Or Petr Cech by Boss13: 4:55pm On Jul 30, 2014
shadrach77:

Aren't you silly? Mikel has spent 8 years in Chelsea. It's obvious he has to go at some point. Nothing lasts forever. But saying if he had gone to Man U he would have done better sounds phoolish. What happened to Eric Djemba Djemba? How many players of African descent lasted 2 seasons in Man U not to talk of 8? Let's not make it look as if Mikel leaving Chelsea is a big deal. Chelsea is not that big, moreso he has spent almost a decade there and has won everything winnable with them. Nothing lasts forever. Please cut him some slack! angry angry angry angry angry

When people fail to read, they fail to understand. I do not mean Mikel must stay in Chelsea forever. He is not the owner of the club. Mikel made little contribution to Chelsea FC. His impact was minimal and surreal with mediocrity. There are certain clubs you play for and you are lauded continuously by lovers of football even when you are not a striker. Man Utd got tired of Vidic and it was a no-brainer for Inter Milan. Evra (Juventus). Rio Ferdinand (QPR). Funny enough Scholes just signed a 4 year deal with BT Sports. These are tired and expired legs - Old players. Mikel, except he changed his age, is still a young player and should be at his prime because he is considered to be experienced. However, when clubs are not even considering your situation then there is a problem. Truth be told, Chelsea FC damaged Mikel football and now the same coach considers him to be irrelevant.

In another news, Ihenacho scored again for Man City. He would have made the same mistake like Mikel - beckoning to the wishes of football agents so that they can make money/gains for their personal self.

2 Likes

Re: Mourinho Desperate To Sell Either Torres Or John Obi Mikel Or Petr Cech by zicoraads: 5:05pm On Jul 30, 2014
Mikel's impact was minimal and surreal with medio what? I wouldn't want to conclude u jus started watching football in the just concluded FIFA world cup. When Chelsea lifted the UCL, was his impact also minimal? Y'all should cut the guy some slack abeg, even the best players in the world don't always have a good tournament. Nigerians are just so fickle and petty. And to think u even believe Mikel has no suitors has just erased any doubt I initially had about you.
Boss13:

When people fail to read, they fail to understand. I do not mean Mikel must stay in Chelsea forever. He is not the owner of the club. Mikel made little contribution to Chelsea FC. His impact was minimal and surreal with mediocrity. There are certain clubs you play for and you are lauded continuously by lovers of football even when you are not a striker. Man Utd got tired of Vidic and it was a no-brainer for Inter Milan. Evra (Juventus). Rio Ferdinand (QPR). Funny enough Scholes just signed a 4 year deal with BT Sports. These are tired and expired legs - Old players. Mikel, except he changed his age, is still a young player and should be at his prime because he is considered to be experienced. However, when clubs are not even considering your situation then there is a problem. Truth be told, Chelsea FC damaged Mikel football and now the same coach considers him to be irrelevant.

In another news, Ihenacho scored again for Man City. He would have made the same mistake like Mikel - beckoning to the wishes of football agents so that they can make money/gains for their personal self.

1 Like

Re: Mourinho Desperate To Sell Either Torres Or John Obi Mikel Or Petr Cech by Boss13: 5:14pm On Jul 30, 2014
zicoraads: Mikel's impact was minimal and surreal with medio what? I wouldn't want to conclude u jus started watching football in the just concluded FIFA world cup. When Chelsea lifted the UCL, was his impact also minimal? Y'all should cut the guy some slack abeg, even the best players in the world don't always have a good tournament. Nigerians are just so fickle and petty. And to think u even believe Mikel has no suitors has just erased any doubt I initially had about you.

You sound like a 12 year old running hard to impress mummy. I comment not to impress but to express my own opinions. Mikel benefited more from Chelsea, than the otherwise. His back-passes were signature trade marks and can easily be predicted. He adds little to the game and in most cases brought in to tire out opponents. True Chelsea fans know. I am not particular about whether he could have been a Man Utd player but I do know he would have been utilised as a CAM (Central Attacking Midfielder) which would have been a plus for both him and the super eagles. Mikel was expected to be our playmaker in Brazil 2014 and he was certainly our playmaker given the outcome of our performance.

1 Like

Re: Mourinho Desperate To Sell Either Torres Or John Obi Mikel Or Petr Cech by chikevictor(m): 5:36pm On Jul 30, 2014
Is time for Mikel to force his way out
Re: Mourinho Desperate To Sell Either Torres Or John Obi Mikel Or Petr Cech by Nobody: 5:41pm On Jul 30, 2014
OkikiOluwa1:

What's a Mikel?

1. A Nigerian Ferrari with the engine of a Kia Picanto.

3. In Physics, a Mikel is the S.I Unit for measuring deceleration, e.g: the car decelerated by 2 mikels/sec.

5. A Mikel is a footballer who's allergic to scoring goals.
cheesy you are evil!!! Lmao
Re: Mourinho Desperate To Sell Either Torres Or John Obi Mikel Or Petr Cech by zicoraads: 5:42pm On Jul 30, 2014
You didn't answer my question, did you watch Chelsea's match and subsequent truimph in the UCL? Was Mikel's impact minimal? And did RDM not say something aabout Mikel being the 'unsung hero' in the team? You shouldn't say anything about football if u don't havve any meaningful contribution.

I don't care what ur comments are meant to do, neither is Mikel one of my favorite players, but the fact is most of u tallking are just kids hu started watching football yesterday. When France went to the 2002 world cup with the likes of Henry, Trezeguet, Vieira, Wiltord, Desaily, Petit and co, who thought they were gonna have such a bad tournament? With those array of stars.

Most of you kids here were singing his name to the high heavens when Nigeria won the last AFCON. Or even in the Confederations cup when his performance wasn't soo bad. Suddenly, y'all want to crucify him based on one tournament where he underperfomed. Fickle minds!!!
Boss13:

You sound like a 12 year old running hard to impress mummy. I comment not to impress but to express my own opinions. Mikel benefited more from Chelsea, than the otherwise. His back-passes were signature trade marks and can easily be predicted. He adds little to the game and in most cases brought in to tire out opponents. True Chelsea fans know. I am not particular about whether he could have been a Man Utd player but I do know he would have been utilised as a CAM (Central Attacking Midfielder) which would have been a plus for both him and the super eagles. Mikel was expected to be our playmaker in Brazil 2014 and he was certainly our playmaker given the outcome of our performance.

2 Likes

Re: Mourinho Desperate To Sell Either Torres Or John Obi Mikel Or Petr Cech by TokyoBulls(m): 5:50pm On Jul 30, 2014
There's nothing to think about - Sell both Torres and Mikel.
Re: Mourinho Desperate To Sell Either Torres Or John Obi Mikel Or Petr Cech by OkikiOluwa1(m): 5:50pm On Jul 30, 2014
nchewi: cheesy you are evil!!! Lmao
I m a holyman.
Re: Mourinho Desperate To Sell Either Torres Or John Obi Mikel Or Petr Cech by OkikiOluwa1(m): 5:52pm On Jul 30, 2014
virago:

Snails don't have botanical names but zoological names. Botany = plants , zoology = animal , both are scientific names though
Human beans, are you here to educate me?
Last Bullet
You look like Mikel Obi's famiky member.
Re: Mourinho Desperate To Sell Either Torres Or John Obi Mikel Or Petr Cech by jjii: 6:56pm On Jul 30, 2014
grin
wristwatch: sahara reports gather that Mikel has invented a new science called Slow science and what to be studied will be snail.

Mikel (§naikel; oral english): it means a slow moving object that will take 24hrs to move in 1cm distance. For example: if a vehicle is on top speed and you want to reduce the speed, You will say I MIKEL(SLOW) the vehicle.
grin
wristwatch: sahara reports gather that Mikel has invented a new science called Slow science and what to be studied will be snail.

Re: Mourinho Desperate To Sell Either Torres Or John Obi Mikel Or Petr Cech by ayobase(m): 7:34pm On Jul 30, 2014
englishmart: an you give them international passports?

yes, I stole urs and gave to them.
Re: Mourinho Desperate To Sell Either Torres Or John Obi Mikel Or Petr Cech by Boss13: 7:36pm On Jul 30, 2014
zicoraads: You didn't answer my question, did you watch Chelsea's match and subsequent truimph in the UCL? Was Mikel's impact minimal? And did RDM not say something aabout Mikel being the 'unsung hero' in the team? You shouldn't say anything about football if u don't havve any meaningful contribution.

I don't care what ur comments are meant to do, neither is Mikel one of my favorite players, but the fact is most of u tallking are just kids hu started watching football yesterday. When France went to the 2002 world cup with the likes of Henry, Trezeguet, Vieira, Wiltord, Desaily, Petit and co, who thought they were gonna have such a bad tournament? With those array of stars.

Most of you kids here were singing his name to the high heavens when Nigeria won the last AFCON. Or even in the Confederations cup when his performance wasn't soo bad. Suddenly, y'all want to crucify him based on one tournament where he underperfomed. Fickle minds!!!

Point of correction. I am not a kid. Please go through my timelines. That should explain a bit of myself to you. I have nothing more to say.
Re: Mourinho Desperate To Sell Either Torres Or John Obi Mikel Or Petr Cech by englishmart(m): 7:40pm On Jul 30, 2014
ayobase:

yes, I stole urs and gave to them.
not when I'm in the states
Re: Mourinho Desperate To Sell Either Torres Or John Obi Mikel Or Petr Cech by vicoloni(m): 8:01pm On Jul 30, 2014
OkikiOluwa1: 1st Bullet
Na Mikel or Torres he go sell.
2nd Bullet
Mourinho na fufu!
He want to v 2 world class goalkeepers. Never!
In this present age, it won't work!
Players wanna play regularly. Courtois has tasted regular football at Athletico Madrid. So, he ll want more playing time.
Mourinho suppose tell Thibaut Courtois to still go on loan to Athletico Madrid for one more season, while he takes his time to study Cech & see whether it's his performance that's dropping or it's the injury that's worrying him due to age!
Cech is still a top goalkeeper. How I wish Arsene Wenger can vexfully buy him.
Neithes Cech nor Courtois ll be happy on the bench!
Last Bullet

What's a Mikel?

1. A Nigerian Ferrari with the engine of a Kia Picanto.

3. In Physics, a Mikel is the S.I Unit for measuring deceleration, e.g: the car decelerated by 2 mikels/sec.

4. It is the new scientific name of a snail, Mikelis Obilis.

5. A Mikel is a footballer who's allergic to scoring goals.

Epic!
Re: Mourinho Desperate To Sell Either Torres Or John Obi Mikel Or Petr Cech by OkikiOluwa1(m): 8:03pm On Jul 30, 2014
vicoloni:

Epic!
lol
Re: Mourinho Desperate To Sell Either Torres Or John Obi Mikel Or Petr Cech by zicoraads: 8:04pm On Jul 30, 2014
Your timeline? Lol..you must think very high of urself!

And point of correction, I didn't intend the 'kids' to be interpreted literally. Cheers!

Boss13:

Point of correction. I am not a kid. Please go through my timelines. That should explain a bit of myself to you. I have nothing more to say.

1 Like

Re: Mourinho Desperate To Sell Either Torres Or John Obi Mikel Or Petr Cech by pek(m): 10:43pm On Jul 30, 2014
Ahuitzotl: Mikel has told friends he won't say no to his hometown club Enyimba to a loan move this summer his agent Shittu is working furiously with CEO Felix Anyansi Agwu behind the scenes to bring the catalyst to the three time African Champions Club....
two times not three
Re: Mourinho Desperate To Sell Either Torres Or John Obi Mikel Or Petr Cech by Nobody: 11:10pm On Jul 30, 2014
Boss13: I remember the transfer controversy with Mikel after he agreed with Man Utd and quickly signed for Chelsea. Well, the love for money. It is so bad when clubs are not beckoning on you to ply your trade with them and also your club considers you irrelevant to them. Making it even worst, your presence now gives your manager headache. Mikel's case is now so bad that he is not even considered for B' team.

Chelsea might end up loaning him off to a club in order to avoid sanctions and that club will continue benching Mikel because they do not really need him - they were only trying to do Chelsea FC a favour.

Mikel, if you had looked into the future and saw this coming you would probably sign for Man Utd, play better and still be regarded highly. Greed, they say is a sweet poison.

hmmm lets see....Mikel...since he joined Chelsea has won....

Premier League (1): 2009–10
FA Cup (4): 2006–07, 2008–09, 2009–10, 2011–12
League Cup (1): 2006–07
FA Community Shield (1): 2009
UEFA Champions League (1): 2011–12
UEFA Europa League (1): 2012–13

so what else would he be lacking in terms of achievement at chelsea...he played an important role in all those victories and he got paid loads of mney to boot too and you have people saying he wasted his career...OHHH THE IRONY...you are commenting on a man like yourself and you have the nerve to call his life wasted

P/S the previous paragraph is directed at those who say his career has been wasted and as a chelsea fan but a Nigerian fan 1st...i think Mikel should move to Italy or Spain and leave the kick and follow type of football being played in England and go develop his passing and dribbling skills and become our own Pirlo

1 Like

Re: Mourinho Desperate To Sell Either Torres Or John Obi Mikel Or Petr Cech by rockbase360: 3:29am On Jul 31, 2014
Why mikel continues to wear the number 10 jersey is intricate to decipher. When was the last time you saw a so-called number 10 that plays ony backwards?
Re: Mourinho Desperate To Sell Either Torres Or John Obi Mikel Or Petr Cech by robosky02(m): 11:05am On Jul 31, 2014
rockbase360: Why mikel continues to wear the number 10 jersey is intricate to decipher. When was the last time you saw a so-called number 10 that plays ony backwards?

#bring.back.our.number10.jersey

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jighere Wellington To Quit Scrabble Due To Winnings Owed By Scrabble Federation / Lionel Messi: "My Son Thiago Criticises Me After A Bad Game" / Arsenal Complete £17.2m Signing Of Sambi Lokonga

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.