Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,915 members, 7,814,085 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:17 AM

PHCN Employed No Engineer For 16 Years – FG - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / PHCN Employed No Engineer For 16 Years – FG (15886 Views)

Andela Tech Divas! A chance for ladies to get employed ! no experience required. / Baker Hughes 2015 Graduate Field Engineer! / Be Self Employed! No Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

PHCN Employed No Engineer For 16 Years – FG by Omooba77: 6:33am On Jul 30, 2014
Prior to the privatisation of the successor companies of the Power Holding Company of Nigeria, the firm employed no new engineer for over 16 years, the Federal Government has said.The Minister of Power, Prof. Chinedu Nebo, said this in Abuja at the closing ceremony of the 2014 Youth Summit organised by the Youth Initiative for Leadership and Rural Development.According to him, this flaw and a few other issues led to the abysmal performance of the power sector and contributed to the abandonment of electrical equipment at the ports for several years.Nebo, in a statement issued by his Special Assistant on Media, Kande Daniel, on Tuesday, stated that the present reforms in the sector had given rise to the employment of about 1,000 young engineers.He said the reforms were being religiously implemented with a view to achieving sufficiency in power supply, which would usher in industrialisation and greater economic growth than had already been achieved.On the Federal Government’s recent move of taking delivery of 248 containers of vital electricity equipment abandoned at the Lagos ports for several years, the minister said the abandonment was a demonstration of the need to privatise the sector, as no private entrepreneur would have tolerated such a waste.Nebo said the recovery of the equipment was in line with the present administration’s policy of minimising waste and maximising benefits by synergising with the Nigeria Customs Service to ensure the release of the containers.The minister and the Permanent Secretary in the ministry, Dr. Godknows Igali, took delivery of the power transmission equipment and ensure their evacuation for immediate delivery to project sites last Thursday.Nebo said the Federal Government had put structures in place to make Nigerian youths industry-ready to man the evolving private sector-driven power sector.According to him, this will provide self and paid employment for the youth and meet the local content requirement for the power sector so as to avoid foreign domination.He explained that specific schemes and initiatives targeted at empowering young Nigerians included the Power Sector Entrepreneurship Programme, Subsidy Reinvestment and Empowerment Programme and the capacity development offered through the National Power Training Institute, whose graduates were already being engaged to provide the needed technical expertise in the privatised power sector.

http://www.punchng.com/business/business-economy/phcn-employed-no-engineer-for-16-years-fg/
Re: PHCN Employed No Engineer For 16 Years – FG by Omooba77: 6:34am On Jul 30, 2014
Not officially sah, know an engineer employed as maintenance guy...

3 Likes

Re: PHCN Employed No Engineer For 16 Years – FG by Yoney007(f): 6:55am On Jul 30, 2014
And yet we wonder why our light situation is stagnant lipsrsealed

4 Likes

Re: PHCN Employed No Engineer For 16 Years – FG by tbagjames(m): 6:55am On Jul 30, 2014
So whom will take the blame? We only get fed with such news only when the deed has been done and there is no culprit. I hope things really change in the power section. Am optimistic a wave of development is blowing because power just got restored after a year in my area.

3 Likes

Re: PHCN Employed No Engineer For 16 Years – FG by Nobody: 6:56am On Jul 30, 2014
I don't believe it undecided What of those "engineers" smiley I usually see and meet in their offices undecided
Re: PHCN Employed No Engineer For 16 Years – FG by afreekah: 6:57am On Jul 30, 2014
Time will tell. . .

1 Like

Re: PHCN Employed No Engineer For 16 Years – FG by Phillfree(m): 6:58am On Jul 30, 2014
They prefer bringing in graduates in the name of contract and pay them 10k monthly.

1 Like

Re: PHCN Employed No Engineer For 16 Years – FG by Kollywolly12(m): 6:58am On Jul 30, 2014
Dat is 9ja 4 u, who is now 2 blame? Gej or pej

2 Likes

Re: PHCN Employed No Engineer For 16 Years – FG by Talkcentral: 6:59am On Jul 30, 2014
this is serious oooo

PHOTOS: Naija Babe Leaks Na’k3d Pics On Social Media[b][/b]
>> http://www./entertainment/naija-babe-leaks-nak3d-pics-on-social-media/
Re: PHCN Employed No Engineer For 16 Years – FG by Nobody: 6:59am On Jul 30, 2014
Omooba77: Not officially sah, no an engineer employed as maintenance guy...

what is this one saying ? undecided undecided undecided

5 Likes

Re: PHCN Employed No Engineer For 16 Years – FG by Adebaba1(m): 6:59am On Jul 30, 2014
engineer or no engineer, the electricity situation will still worsen

2 Likes

Re: PHCN Employed No Engineer For 16 Years – FG by drlaykay(m): 7:02am On Jul 30, 2014
so they only employ accountants and those that disconnect
diaries god oo

9 Likes

Re: PHCN Employed No Engineer For 16 Years – FG by Oklander: 7:02am On Jul 30, 2014
Lol
Re: PHCN Employed No Engineer For 16 Years – FG by GogetterMD(m): 7:03am On Jul 30, 2014
Whose primary fault is it that no personell were employed?

1 Like

Re: PHCN Employed No Engineer For 16 Years – FG by Ptoocool(m): 7:05am On Jul 30, 2014
If dem no employ enqineers na who dem con employ??
Well, dat 1 na story for d qods..

So na surqeons dey do surqical operations on our equipments all dis while, no wonder it has been on and off..quess dey jst 'lost it'
Re: PHCN Employed No Engineer For 16 Years – FG by ubamoney(m): 7:06am On Jul 30, 2014
I beginning to like this gej administration. Always discovering the rot in the system. Is a question of time nigeria will be fix, all we need to do is to contribute our own ideology. Constructive criticism is all we need. Nigeria will b great. I love 9ja

22 Likes

Re: PHCN Employed No Engineer For 16 Years – FG by Nobody: 7:06am On Jul 30, 2014
so who should we blame for that? undecided
Re: PHCN Employed No Engineer For 16 Years – FG by Barselonia(m): 7:07am On Jul 30, 2014
no wonder ..
no engineer in power sector... were are all our ele/elec engineering graduate..
how would power sector improve...
smh for nigeria..all they did is to collect contract staff, I.t students to reduce expensive

2 Likes

Re: PHCN Employed No Engineer For 16 Years – FG by awodiyat: 7:10am On Jul 30, 2014
Dt is tru o. There is no enginer. Only service manager is enginer and marketg marnager deptuy manager admin oficer and cheif acount and does dt r operating 132kv dt go to sch. Others are ssce older....so dey pay dem 5k to15k. So no bsc older wil aply 4 dt kind of job. Dt y phcn workers are army robbers

1 Like

Re: PHCN Employed No Engineer For 16 Years – FG by Barselonia(m): 7:11am On Jul 30, 2014
Elantracey: so who should we blame for that? undecided
hmmm.. boko haram

1 Like

Re: PHCN Employed No Engineer For 16 Years – FG by GentleMimi: 7:11am On Jul 30, 2014
They are only interested in touts who climb ladder and those who give crazy billing. If you can do any of the above,u are employed. If u like,get Phd in engineering,that one concern you alone.
But Naija shaaaaaa! I thought the privatization of a thing would have cleaned out those unwanted baggage in the power sector payroll. But i guess it wld never be so. The only thing that happened was a transfer of ownership. No wonder the problem remains like a stagnant water. O ma gaa oooo.

6 Likes

Re: PHCN Employed No Engineer For 16 Years – FG by thiefnubu(m): 7:14am On Jul 30, 2014
Thank you Lord, for making me see another new day....

3 Likes

Re: PHCN Employed No Engineer For 16 Years – FG by BUSHHUNTER: 7:15am On Jul 30, 2014
..Birthdays:
muredo(30), jabbo(33), randa(38), Ajibolar(24), Agbo2(34), feromi(32), adosjun(14), Cadaver(26), nigger009, St0biz(28), Timbi, belamour, Nexxy007, stanlotion(33), ballachi101(32), Oladamats(22), Bellfun, rkout4luv, dedonfranco(30), Mzstephii(21), usmanktg2(20), pauladonis, kwaraguy(25), kagnet, McLincolnGuzit(22), Futocommunity(26), dagentility(21), ifeanyi83(31), bjprodint(22), Nugess, onymodel(28), pizzyzion(21), MisterOladipo(24), Shugajay(21), Cletus244(24), tricialarry(34), 247notire, Dave008, ugreat, kingjossylad(28), Odufah(19), Cafuches(94), Deeworld(18), badoh, nigmarelli(32), sheunfemix, sureshthahrani(28), Zamfyboy(54), williambelema(20), Drealbunmi

WISHING THE ABOVE NAIRALANDERS HAPPY BAIDAY LLNP CHEERS

7 Likes

Re: PHCN Employed No Engineer For 16 Years – FG by dridowu: 7:15am On Jul 30, 2014
Ok
Re: PHCN Employed No Engineer For 16 Years – FG by jericco1(m): 7:15am On Jul 30, 2014
No wonder the level of power has dratically reduce in many areas of the country, which gave room for prolonged power outage(but I get light sha) I wan follow some people vex grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: PHCN Employed No Engineer For 16 Years – FG by RichDad1(m): 7:17am On Jul 30, 2014
Fp or no comment.
Re: PHCN Employed No Engineer For 16 Years – FG by Nobody: 7:20am On Jul 30, 2014
Brother Engineer, weldone. The shocking revelation is that within those years we have only have very few Engineers as Minister of that sector.
Hopefully with Engineer Nebo as the current minister, the wrong deeds by the past ministers will be corrected by employing the right people for the job.

Long live Nigerians!

1 Like

Re: PHCN Employed No Engineer For 16 Years – FG by rill: 7:22am On Jul 30, 2014
Y
Re: PHCN Employed No Engineer For 16 Years – FG by Enosa1(m): 7:22am On Jul 30, 2014
No wonder, thank God for vindicating we engineers.

1 Like

Re: PHCN Employed No Engineer For 16 Years – FG by rozayx5(m): 7:23am On Jul 30, 2014
[size=15pt]Thank God for GEJ[/size]

the agents of satan will always cause security problems for us but we will come out victorious cool

1 Like

Re: PHCN Employed No Engineer For 16 Years – FG by Nobody: 7:23am On Jul 30, 2014
This country is a joke. Containers that will boost our power sector seized for so many years by our own custom service, Boko haram bombing since when i can't remember, government has not sacked anybody, even foreign intervention, yet no sign of them stopping. Phcn had no engineer for 16 years. Ebola started in some countries around us, no measure was taken to stop people from that country from entering Nigeria until one victim entered. very funny country

8 Likes

Re: PHCN Employed No Engineer For 16 Years – FG by farano(f): 7:29am On Jul 30, 2014
Unbelievable!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Should I Stay In Nigeria Or Travel To Ghana My In-law Place In Search Of Job / 5 Ways To Deal With Parental Pressure After NYSC / Ongoing Recruitment At Ikeja Electricity Distribution Plc - DailyJobsNG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.