Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,127 members, 7,835,801 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:10 PM

PHCN Employed No Engineer For 16 Years – FG - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / PHCN Employed No Engineer For 16 Years – FG (15921 Views)

Andela Tech Divas! A chance for ladies to get employed ! no experience required. / Baker Hughes 2015 Graduate Field Engineer! / Be Self Employed! No Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PHCN Employed No Engineer For 16 Years – FG by adanny01(m): 10:12am On Jul 30, 2014
ayobase:

it takes coren certified to use engr.
where was that please.

and using engr. doesnt always mean you are more sound than the person with mr. , mrs. , and miss.

What he meant was that they were not engineers by qualification not to even look for those ones that have NSE and COREN registration.

What he said is true, most engineers in PHCN that time were on transmission lines, substations and project departments only. I believe the phenomenon caused the detoriation of the power installations since non professionls where in managerial positions and all they care about is money.

2 Likes

Re: PHCN Employed No Engineer For 16 Years – FG by Omooba77: 10:12am On Jul 30, 2014
numericalguy: I know two people who were connected to the then minister of power, though one read Zoology and the other read Biological Sciences, they were employed as Engineers and immediately transferred to kaduna from Lagos. This was in 2008.
NSE and COREN must act fast, how can you call someone, who has not done anything related to engineering, Engineer.........

2 Likes

Re: PHCN Employed No Engineer For 16 Years – FG by Raypawer(m): 10:14am On Jul 30, 2014
isok!
Re: PHCN Employed No Engineer For 16 Years – FG by Nobody: 10:20am On Jul 30, 2014
Tinubu: Thank you Lord, for making me see another new day....

so what happens if you do not see another day
Re: PHCN Employed No Engineer For 16 Years – FG by alotofgrace(m): 10:22am On Jul 30, 2014
is this a news to you, why are u suprised?

of what profession is the minister of power?
Re: PHCN Employed No Engineer For 16 Years – FG by adanny01(m): 10:26am On Jul 30, 2014
20pounds: I beg to disagree with this submission.
I ran into my friend( we were in the same hostel in Secondary school). He is an Engineer and was employed by the PHCN 4 years ago.
mfm04622: This is not true! Am a an Electrical engineer and about 8 yeary ago some if my class mates and those that graduated after me were employed by PHCN and most were posted to the transmission side of PHCN. Also how many engineers do PHCN need? Engineers only needed in the maintenance and new project units
smileandlove: This is all lies. PHCN employed 1000 workers and sacked 5000, who is fooling who with this privatisation. Look around you the new owners are sacking the workers and yet collect high tariffs to maximise profit. Was at Adageorge service office PH a week ago to sort my bill issue. The manager told me that, is only him and one other guy that is left now as engineers to take care of the whole area. While the few field workers were given targets to meet, hence your having high bills.
dhabeautyjas: i think this is an exagerration, am an engineer and i have colleagues we graduated together 2008 in PHCN now so its a false claim

Guys face it, those were illegal employments. Such employments were never ratified by the ministry of power so would not be recognised. The guidelines of employment would have involved making a public vacancy advert on media and a public interview held which was never done in the past 16years.

I also know someone that was employed by PHCN with 3rd class 3yrs ago and has even attended FAT in several countries, something his seniors who have been there never got the opportunity to go. He went for his first FAT 3months after employment, imagine that. My uncle retired last year as an AGM in human resource department but could not give even me as an engineer employment for more than 10years he has been AGM. Na only back door them they do am and him no be that type. Ask those your people, one powerful person gave them jobs. Besides, they have to replace someone, so its either a person died, retired or changed job before he can be replaced. Even such were illegal but they were doing it.

No be today ojoro start for this country o!

4 Likes

Re: PHCN Employed No Engineer For 16 Years – FG by Panter215: 10:29am On Jul 30, 2014
Odunharry: una good morning o

good one
Re: PHCN Employed No Engineer For 16 Years – FG by Nobody: 10:31am On Jul 30, 2014
Questions are:
1. Why was no engineer employed?
2. When are heads going to roll if incompetence/fraud was detected?
Re: PHCN Employed No Engineer For 16 Years – FG by dav2yele(m): 10:34am On Jul 30, 2014
May God help us in this country
Re: PHCN Employed No Engineer For 16 Years – FG by myspnigeria: 10:35am On Jul 30, 2014
Not totally surprised
Re: PHCN Employed No Engineer For 16 Years – FG by bodmasfem(m): 10:38am On Jul 30, 2014
ubamoney: I beginning to like this gej administration. Always discovering the rot in the system. Is a question of time nigeria will be fix, all we need to do is to contribute our own ideology. Constructive criticism is all we need. Nigeria will b great. I love 9ja

always discovering the rot and always adding to the rot

2 Likes

Re: PHCN Employed No Engineer For 16 Years – FG by marcjoe(m): 10:42am On Jul 30, 2014
nawa ooh..... shocked

VISIT HERE TO GET CHEAP MEMORY CARDS AND HD GAMES, MOVIES....
Re: PHCN Employed No Engineer For 16 Years – FG by Nobody: 10:44am On Jul 30, 2014
bodmasfem:

always discovering the rot and always adding to the rot
cheesy Discovering the rot and excusing it. #stealing is not corruption.
Re: PHCN Employed No Engineer For 16 Years – FG by bodmasfem(m): 10:51am On Jul 30, 2014
caniva: Even if they does, what should we have expect? Would they have been better of?

abeg, make #ebola fire dia administrative personnel.

wot type of English is this?

1 Like

Re: PHCN Employed No Engineer For 16 Years – FG by ayobase(m): 10:54am On Jul 30, 2014
adanny01:

What he meant was that they were not engineers by qualification not to even look for those ones that have NSE and COREN registration.

What he said is true, most engineers in PHCN that time were on transmission lines, substations and project departments only. I believe the phenomenon caused the detoriation of the power installations since non professionls where in managerial positions and all they care about is money.

okay

but you and i should know that engineers are not always in the office. most times, field works as you mentioned. .

maybe he went at the wrong time.
he should have gone again na.

where I am, we have professionals as managers.
Re: PHCN Employed No Engineer For 16 Years – FG by Dragonking: 10:59am On Jul 30, 2014
GPA5:

CONSULT YOUR DICTIONARY

We can all see that during OBJ reign, after privitizing nepa to phcn his daft brain didnt tell him to employ one single engineer..shame
Re: PHCN Employed No Engineer For 16 Years – FG by ayobase(m): 11:03am On Jul 30, 2014
adanny01:

Guys face it, those were illegal employments. Such employments were never ratified by the ministry of power so would not be recognised. The guidelines of employment would have involved making a public vacancy advert on media and a public interview held which was never done in the past 16years.

I also know someone that was employed by PHCN with 3rd class 3yrs ago and has even attended FAT in several countries, something his seniors who have been there never got the opportunity to go. He went for his first FAT 3months after employment, imagine that. My uncle retired last year as an AGM in human resource department but could not give even me as an engineer employment for more than 10years he has been AGM. Na only back door them they do am and him no be that type. Ask those your people, one powerful person gave them jobs. Besides, they have to replace someone, so its either a person died, retired or changed job before he can be replaced. Even such were illegal but they were doing it.

and who is to be blamed, FG OR PHCN......Lecture me please.

atleast, employment was and still going on.

when last did the ministry of power employ.

besides private cheating companies, when has FG done a befitting employment to alleviate unemployment.

maybe we should ask oga Nebo.

all I can say, your uncle is not corrupt.
Re: PHCN Employed No Engineer For 16 Years – FG by adanny01(m): 11:16am On Jul 30, 2014
ayobase:

okay

but you and i should know that engineers are not always in the office. most times, field works as you mentioned. .

maybe he went at the wrong time.
he should have gone again na.

where I am, we have professionals as managers.

An engineer posted to the office is a design engineer who will always be in the office while those at workstations are field engineers. The truth is that PHCN were using too few engineers only for where it is absolutely and very necessary. So when you enter PHCN head office thinking its an engineering institution, you will hardly find an engineer. You will only find them in the project, substation and transmission offices but too few of them because the ogas at the top are not engineers and have no vision or care less for new projects nor maintaining the ones in use. Those few were even redundant for reasons best known to nonprofessional managers of the institution.

It is unfortunate that this country was ran in such a way that the emphasis was on cheap labour to maximise profit. Qualification wasnt made a priority so demand for educational qualifcations was on the decline while many graduates were left with no jobs. The reason why electricity workers went on strike before privatization was because the knew they were unqualified for their jobs. Private companies will have no positions for them and they will become redundant then lose their jobs. So they had to put up a fight and get more entitlements from government before ownership was transfered. They were successful with that but thats why you see them losing their jobs today.

3 Likes

Re: PHCN Employed No Engineer For 16 Years – FG by thiefnubu(m): 11:50am On Jul 30, 2014
voltron:

so what happens if you do not see another day
YOU thank God for me then grin[

1 Like

Re: PHCN Employed No Engineer For 16 Years – FG by GPA5: 12:16pm On Jul 30, 2014
Dragonking:

We can all see that during OBJ reign, after privitizing nepa to phcn his daft brain didnt tell him to employ one single engineer..shame

SO, LAWERS, DOCTORS WERE AT THE HELMS OF PHCN WHEN HE PRIVATISED NEPA TO PHCN?

AS AT THEN, THERE WAS LITTLE IMPROVEMENT IN POWER SUPPLY.
Re: PHCN Employed No Engineer For 16 Years – FG by caniva(m): 12:22pm On Jul 30, 2014
bodmasfem:

wot type of English is this?

Well, English is simply fantastic and easy to speak. All you need is a little breakdown of parts of speech. Please, read thoroughly & inform me where am wrong. I am ready & would be glad to take correction.

Cheers.
Re: PHCN Employed No Engineer For 16 Years – FG by ayobase(m): 12:52pm On Jul 30, 2014
adanny01:

An engineer posted to the office is a design engineer who will always be in the office while those at workstations are field engineers. The truth is that PHCN were using too few engineers only for where it is absolutely and very necessary. So when you enter PHCN head office thinking its an engineering institution, you will hardly find an engineer. You will only find them in the project, substation and transmission offices but too few of them because the ogas at the top are not engineers and have no vision or care less for new projects nor maintaining the ones in use. Those few were even redundant for reasons best known to nonprofessional managers of the institution.

It is unfortunate that this country was ran in such a way that the emphasis was on cheap labour to maximise profit. Qualification wasnt made a priority so demand for educational qualifcations was on the decline while many graduates were left with no jobs. The reason why electricity workers went on strike before privatization was because the knew they were unqualified for their jobs. Private companies will have no positions for them and they will become redundant then lose their jobs. So they had to put up a fight and get more entitlements from government before ownership was transfered. They were successful with that but thats why you see them losing their jobs today.

how do u know all these.

you are so 80% wrong.

PHCN has nothing much to do with project
they contract out projects to skipper, news engineering and the likes while they supervise.

field engineers and design engineers are in the order of department in PHCN......planning and construction, operation and maintenance, protection, control and metering, cable jointers and electrical fitters, SCADA, Despatch, customer care, human resources.............

who told you the ogas are not well informed.....have u come in contact with any?

from where did u get the facts that they went on strike before privatization cos they are not qualified....u kidding aight?

pls, where do u work and with what organization. we should start from there!

1 Like

Re: PHCN Employed No Engineer For 16 Years – FG by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jul 30, 2014
ayobase:

we like am like that.

face ur front and do ur job, or rather command ur junior on what to do it.

Lol, my guy don vexxxx
Re: PHCN Employed No Engineer For 16 Years – FG by anonimi: 1:36pm On Jul 30, 2014
adanny01:

Thanks for the clarification.
True talk our country don worwor e don tey!
Re: PHCN Employed No Engineer For 16 Years – FG by numericalguy(m): 1:36pm On Jul 30, 2014
Omooba77:
NSE and COREN must act fast, how can you call someone, who has not done anything related to engineering, Engineer.........

Abeg leave those old dinosaurs alone, they are not in touch with reality.

We have lots of quacks masquerading as Engineers all over the place. Its really disheartening.
Re: PHCN Employed No Engineer For 16 Years – FG by anonimi: 1:37pm On Jul 30, 2014
dav2yele: May God help us in this country

How do you mean?
How will God help us?
By coming down from heaven or how exactly
Was that how he helped the oyinbo people too shocked shocked

Lest I forget, was it God whu put us in the mess or did we put ourselves in it?

1 Like

Re: PHCN Employed No Engineer For 16 Years – FG by ayobase(m): 1:43pm On Jul 30, 2014
Normality:

Lol, my guy don vexxxx

nah.
just wanna relieve so to avoid unending argument.
Re: PHCN Employed No Engineer For 16 Years – FG by Omooba77: 1:57pm On Jul 30, 2014
numericalguy:

Abeg leave those old dinosaurs alone, they are not in touch with reality.

We have lots of quacks masquerading as Engineers all over the place. Its really disheartening.
If you an Engineer;please stop quacks from ruining your profession;speak out!

1 Like

Re: PHCN Employed No Engineer For 16 Years – FG by numericalguy(m): 2:00pm On Jul 30, 2014
hmm
Re: PHCN Employed No Engineer For 16 Years – FG by tosinisrael5678(m): 2:03pm On Jul 30, 2014

Re: PHCN Employed No Engineer For 16 Years – FG by numericalguy(m): 2:11pm On Jul 30, 2014
Omooba77:
If you an Engineer;please stop quacks from ruining your profession;speak out!

Like I'm doing now on nairaland smiley
Its not that easy because these guys got there through serious connections.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Nigerian Air Force Is Recruiting! / New Phone-Credit Scamming Tactic - Beware! / Should I Stay In Nigeria Or Travel To Ghana My In-law Place In Search Of Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.