Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,837 members, 7,831,715 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 03:22 AM

Sokoto State Batch B 2014 - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Sokoto State Batch B 2014 (10598 Views)

Akwa Ibom Batch B 2014 Let's Meet Here / Batch B 2014 Osun Corpers Let's Meet Here / Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sokoto State Batch B 2014 by vinci500: 9:58am On Aug 01, 2014
please is anyone going by air? What is the cheapest airline to sokoto?
Re: Sokoto State Batch B 2014 by 3aces(f): 11:45am On Aug 01, 2014
vinci500: please is anyone going by air? What is the cheapest airline to sokoto?
m goin by flight.. 25k
Re: Sokoto State Batch B 2014 by Emphany: 1:39pm On Aug 01, 2014
My apologize,had problem wif my connections. Ok anyone moving from Lagos has got to get a bus(The Young) from Oyingbo (Iddo precisely) @ N5050.00 as @ today so pls hold N500 extra,you book a day b4,its a days jorney and you go by night leaving d park by 4pm.So call me on 08039287225,also drop ur number and wr ur moving from others will love d company.we camp in Wamakko,vry easy to get to frm d park- cheers
Re: Sokoto State Batch B 2014 by Emphany: 2:26pm On Aug 01, 2014
Egundare: Sokoto state camp is wamakko LGA. Who is joining me from Lagos?
i'm moving from Lagos by Tues,you only get The young frm Iddo @ N5050,mk sure u book a day b4,they move frm d park by 4pm ,call me 4 more info on 08039287225
Re: Sokoto State Batch B 2014 by Rdduite(m): 3:42pm On Aug 01, 2014
Nikkyorji: plz where do u stay in aba cos I wil b goin frm aba

That makes the three of us going to Sokoto from Aba, I stay around Aba North LGA.

We can whatsapp, BBM or even call.

My contact is: 7BA84B2B
Re: Sokoto State Batch B 2014 by Rdduite(m): 3:44pm On Aug 01, 2014
floxybba6: Pls who is goin from aba to sokoto.....need company.... Wud go to osha on monday,den frm der to sokoto

Madam, Osha route might not be a nice idea cos there are better options like direct buss though it'll not be a smooth one
Re: Sokoto State Batch B 2014 by vinci500: 7:53pm On Aug 01, 2014
@ 3ace what airline is that and can you assist me in booking one?
Re: Sokoto State Batch B 2014 by jboy01(m): 8:27pm On Aug 01, 2014
Pls I have some questions to ask about the camp,
1. Is there atm machine in the camp in case u are in short of cash?
2. Is the etisalat browsing network in the network ok? because I wan subscribe o and I no wan waste my money.
Re: Sokoto State Batch B 2014 by blackdaimond: 12:26am On Aug 02, 2014
vinci500: please is anyone going by air? What is the cheapest airline to sokoto?

you can check flyaero.com
Re: Sokoto State Batch B 2014 by weezii(m): 1:12am On Aug 02, 2014
psalmy2g: yeah weezii please drop ur number I stay in Enugu lets talk, nevadeless dis is mine: 08035376308.
reach me on 08067671006 whatsapp too
Re: Sokoto State Batch B 2014 by psalmy2g(m): 1:57am On Aug 02, 2014
floxybba6: Pls who is goin from aba to sokoto.....need company.... Wud go to osha on monday,den frm der to sokoto
pls i wil b goin 4rm osha bt mek we drop phone number na. This wil b easy, mine is:08035376308.
Re: Sokoto State Batch B 2014 by 3ace(m): 9:35am On Aug 02, 2014
vinci500: @ 3ace what airline is that and can you assist me in booking one?
Hey!, open your eyes. It's 3aces not me.
Re: Sokoto State Batch B 2014 by Egundare(m): 10:20am On Aug 02, 2014
sad sad
Emphany: i'm moving from Lagos by Tues,you only get The young frm Iddo @ N5050,mk sure u book a day b4,they move frm d park by 4pm ,call me 4 more info on 08039287225
sad
Emphany: i'm moving from Lagos by Tues,you only get The young frm Iddo @ N5050,mk sure u book a day b4,they move frm d park by 4pm ,call me 4 more info on 08039287225
can't we get bus @ jibowu? How many hours is from lagos to sokoto? I'll be going on monday who is also going on monday?
Re: Sokoto State Batch B 2014 by Harmvirus(f): 1:27pm On Aug 02, 2014
Hi all.. I was posted to sokoto too.. Please what network works well in wamakko camp?
Re: Sokoto State Batch B 2014 by Bloomingbud(f): 5:35pm On Aug 02, 2014
I'll say serving in Sokoto remains my best experience, please you don't have to relocate cos the place is very OK except for the distance and weather. But you guys are fortunate cos it neither harmattan or heat season so enjoy your stay in sokoto.
A land flowing with milk and honey.
Re: Sokoto State Batch B 2014 by Rdduite(m): 6:18pm On Aug 02, 2014
Bloomingbud: ............. so enjoy your stay in sokoto.

Sis, i do've some couple of questions!

1) Which network providers or carriers is the best over there in Sokoto?

2) Food level, i do love southern, eastern & western food. Can we easily & readily see them to eat over there in sokoto?

3) I stay far east & don't intend going back home from camp til December, can I come alone with my laptop? How is security issues there even in the camp?

4)How developed is their major towns, how many schools, universities & college of education do they've?

5) Please kindly drop your BBM, whatsapp or any personal contact that i might used to get to you for more questions & assistance please ma
Re: Sokoto State Batch B 2014 by Rdduite(m): 6:18pm On Aug 02, 2014
Bloomingbud: ............. so enjoy your stay in sokoto.

2) Food level, i do love southern, eastern & western food. Can we easily & readily see them to eat over there in sokoto?

3) I stay far east & don't intend going back home from camp til December, can I come alone with my laptop? How is security issues there even in the camp?

4)How developed is their major towns, how many schools, universities & college of education do they've?

5) Please kindly drop your BBM, whatsapp or any personal contact that i might used to get to you for more questions & assistance please ma.
Re: Sokoto State Batch B 2014 by Bloomingbud(f): 8:04pm On Aug 02, 2014
Rdduite:

5) Please kindly drop your BBM, whatsapp or any personal contact that i might used to get to you for more questions & assistance please ma.

Hmmmm. plenty questions o.
I served last year and I didn't camp in wammako, I camped in farfaru but they have moved to wammako the permanent camp. The camp is very OK but don't know about the security situation.

There is no type of food you want that they don't sell on camp as long as you have the money, there food is always #200 per plate and very OK.

Sokoto is very developed o. a uni, polytechnic, nursing school, coll. of edu. and so on in the state capital.

When you get there you will be surprised that the place is OK and very low cost of living. Just pray you are posted to the state capital.

7da8ad25. Note, am not in sokoto but I might be able to help.
Re: Sokoto State Batch B 2014 by Rdduite(m): 8:13pm On Aug 02, 2014
Bloomingbud:

Hmmmm. plenty questions o.
I served last year and I didn't camp in wammako, I camped in farfaru but they have moved to wammako the permanent camp. The camp is very OK but don't know about the security situation.

There is no type of food you want that they don't sell on camp as long as you have the money, there food is always #200 per plate and very OK.

Sokoto is very developed o. a uni, polytechnic, nursing school, coll. of edu. and so on in the state capital.

When you get there you will be surprised that the place is OK and very low cost of living. Just pray you are posted to the state capital.

7da8ad25. Note, am not in sokoto but I might be able to help.

Replying me on this thread plus your bbm is enough to convince me that you're a good person willing to help & God'll bless you for that!

Light? I know our country is a bad place to expect a meaningful power supply but then some places or states are better than others, so what's the situation over there?
Re: Sokoto State Batch B 2014 by Bloomingbud(f): 8:22pm On Aug 02, 2014
Egundare: sad sad sad can't we get bus @ jibowu? How many hours is from lagos to sokoto? I'll be going on monday who is also going on monday?

Sokoto to Lagos is between 16 and 18 hours if you follow the young transport.
Re: Sokoto State Batch B 2014 by Rdduite(m): 8:30pm On Aug 02, 2014
Bloomingbud:

Sokoto to Lagos is between 16 and 18 hours if you follow the young transport.

Which other major Transport company other than the young shall grow ply south or east? please advice
Re: Sokoto State Batch B 2014 by evangelistikegod: 10:03pm On Aug 02, 2014
Pls how do I go to Sokoto from Agbor, because I have not been to Sokoto before. I still need friends to travel with.
Re: Sokoto State Batch B 2014 by Sleeksylvia(f): 11:52pm On Aug 02, 2014
I served in sokoto 2010/2011. It is a peaceful state*no bombings so far*. D weather is challenging. Extreme heat n extreme cold. D good news is: it was so much fun! Enof food!!! Things r cheap only if u dnt serve in d town. Pray 2 serve around town. Not in sokoto town. Pple frm PH, use Gold Int'l transport co at mile 3 afta d park by conoil filling station. Dey move straight 2 sokoto frm PH. Its abt 20hrs journey, day n night. Just enjoy d trip and ur service year.
Re: Sokoto State Batch B 2014 by Sleeksylvia(f): 12:08am On Aug 03, 2014
Life serving in d town is more expensive cos u may end up renting an apartment by urself while ur mates in Bodinga, Yabo or Shagari have corpers lodges and can come to town weneva dey want cos its abt 20 n 30 mins away and 100 to 200 naira (as at then sha). Cost of living is low and dere r benefits frm d host communities (I can vouch 4 where I served). Don't forget God, Don't trust pple u don't know even if dey r fellow corpers, be alert n security conscious. Always travel wit ur crested vest and cap(wen u get dem) 4 easy identification not forgettin ur I'd card. Don't go wit laptop cos u may not be allowd 2 use it in d camp and so it won't be stolen
Re: Sokoto State Batch B 2014 by enddybass: 12:16am On Aug 03, 2014
Hello.... I intend coming to camp on the 7th (2days after camps opening)due to some medical reasons,hope its not going to affect my registration or accommodation? I will appreciate more knowledge on this thank you.
Re: Sokoto State Batch B 2014 by kolaitan(m): 6:09am On Aug 03, 2014
Harmvirus: Hi all.. I was posted to sokoto too.. Please what network works well in wamakko camp?
Major networks work there. That is the governors local government, so just go and enjoy yourself. If u have any other question, let me know. I served there
Re: Sokoto State Batch B 2014 by jboy01(m): 6:57am On Aug 03, 2014
Pls is there any atm machine in the camp?
Re: Sokoto State Batch B 2014 by Bloomingbud(f): 7:30am On Aug 03, 2014
Rdduite:

Which other major Transport company other than the young shall grow ply south or east? please advice

I don't know cos I either go from Lagos or go from Kwara. Can't say much about there light now but light in Sokoto is not bad.

Wishing you a fruitful stay all through.
Re: Sokoto State Batch B 2014 by Rdduite(m): 9:08am On Aug 03, 2014
Bloomingbud:

I don't know cos I either go from Lagos or go from Kwara. Can't say much about there light now but light in Sokoto is not bad.

Wishing you a fruitful stay all through.

grin cheesy
Re: Sokoto State Batch B 2014 by 3aces(f): 9:41am On Aug 03, 2014
3ace: Hey!, open your eyes. It's 3aces not me.
lol..

1 Like

Re: Sokoto State Batch B 2014 by rarry(m): 1:15pm On Aug 03, 2014
Leaving lagos for sokoto tomorrow (monday),i'm taking cross country bus. Who else with me?.......wanna wish u aal a safe trip to sokoto, hoping to meet you beautiful pple and we should make the camp rock
Re: Sokoto State Batch B 2014 by Bloomingbud(f): 3:57pm On Aug 03, 2014
Sleeksylvia: Life serving in d town is more expensive cos u may end up renting an apartment by urself while ur mates in Bodinga, Yabo or Shagari have corpers lodges and can come to town weneva dey want cos its abt 20 n 30 mins away and 100 to 200 naira (as at then sha). Cost of living is low and dere r benefits frm d host communities (I can vouch 4 where I served). Don't forget God, Don't trust pple u don't know even if dey r fellow corpers, be alert n security conscious. Always travel wit ur crested vest and cap(wen u get dem) 4 easy identification not forgettin ur I'd card. Don't go wit laptop cos u may not be allowd 2 use it in d camp and so it won't be stolen

You think so?
I served in town and life is still very cheap, was given acomodation in my PPA too. You have given a wonderfull advice.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Corper Posted To Cross River State / NYSC Exclusion Letter Application Guideline / Posted To NORTH, Cry Out Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.