Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,927 members, 7,810,565 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:16 AM

Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) - NYSC (37) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) (126267 Views)

Akwa-ibom Batch A16 Stream I&II Lets Meet Here / Akwa Ibom Batch B 2014 Let's Meet Here / Batch B 2014 Osun Corpers Let's Meet Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (98) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by stalit4ril(f): 10:37am On Aug 20, 2014
[quote author=stalit4ril][/quote]This is not just fair am so so so sad,the reason they gave for this sudden change does not hold enough water,camp orientation is experience 1nce in a liftim and we are now deprive of ours.This is bad:-(:-(is very very painful.I just pray they change their mind
Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by SerPounce(m): 11:03am On Aug 20, 2014
This guy dey vex. I feel his pain though.

icedace1: I believe I am speaking the heart of most students in nigerian who is affected by this sudden change of the orientation camp activities. This is a life time experience that you guys and the government want to deny us from. Our parents and some of our grand parents took part in this 3 weeks excercise, our friends took part in it, why deny us this opportunity? Most of us have gone as far as buying things we would use during the orientation camp, should it all go to waste? Our friends had the experience, march, july why us this joy? Why not close down markets, shopping malls, business centres, motor parks and so many places where lots of people gather, if the government is really trying to protect the nation. Why shut down schools only? This exercise is just for 3weeks. We buy food from d market everyday, meet different people everyday and yet many are still living. The government should not deny us this experience, its a life time story, it happens Once in a life time. I am speaking the heart of many students. Our parents have spent money purchasing equipments that will be used for this exercise will it all be in vain? People gather in different places, markets, sport centers, e.t.c people make body contacts with people everyday and yet not up to 12 death has been recorded of the Ebola virus, why punish us this way. We beg of you to allow us carry out our orientation exercise for the 3weeks. At most every student should be tested before entering d orientation camp and not canceling it. Please don't take part of the stories we owe to our children. Do not make us feel incomplete as part of nigerian students. We beg all of you not to put saddness in our hearts. Should the president of this country also be in the black book of nigerian students, should they say it was his tenure they never went to orientation camp. Mr president sir should everything be negative in your tenure? Should the full nation think badly of you? Why not shut down universities that are still on sessions if that is the case because some schools are still on session. Please do not take joy away from us you all had this opportunity .Thanks and God bless. As I will also publish this message for you to see other students point of view. Please students join me in d campaign

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by modexechee(m): 11:30am On Aug 20, 2014
This Mumbo-Jumbo is getting more funnier.... I sent the DG NYSC messages this morning asking why we should be treated unjustly , and to my surprise he replied this " You will still go to the camp by 1st sept".... pls what r we to believe now.... ? is it the DG NYSC or the news on NYSC site.?... this is sooooo funny and confusing...

1 Like

Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by Jennyphar(f): 11:42am On Aug 20, 2014
modexechee: This Mumbo-Jumbo is getting more funnier.... I sent the DG NYSC messages this morning asking why we should be treated unjustly , and to my surprise he replied this " You will still go to the camp by 1st sept".... pls what r we to believe now.... ? is it the DG NYSC or the news on NYSC site.?... this is sooooo funny and confusing...
pls dear can u send me ur no
Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by modexechee(m): 11:47am On Aug 20, 2014
Jennyphar: pls dear can u send me ur no
Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by prixxy7(f): 11:49am On Aug 20, 2014
modexechee: This Mumbo-Jumbo is getting more funnier.... I sent the DG NYSC messages this morning asking why we should be treated unjustly , and to my surprise he replied this " You will still go to the camp by 1st sept".... pls what r we to believe now.... ? is it the DG NYSC or the news on NYSC site.?... this is sooooo funny and confusing...
da hell ȋ̝̊̅§ wrong wit dis DG of a man So ȋ̝̊̅§ it his ghost dat gave dem a go ahead to update d news on d website? We have less dan 13 days to sept 1st and he ȋ̝̊̅§ stil deriving joy in confusing us. Wats wrong wit him sefI sent him a 6 paged txt wit d number on d website dis morning bou d injustice, A̶̲̥̅♏ stil waiting ƒø̲̣̣я̅ reply.
Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by dedarkman(m): 11:59am On Aug 20, 2014
lovelyngeee:

How u take be "d darkman"? No b u wey dey light skinned so?

thats my nick name...so what can i do for you.
Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by Mannylex(m): 12:50pm On Aug 20, 2014

What the hell is wrong with that man. He must be enjoying the attention he is getting from all this since the confusion started.

Have no fear; Mannylex is here
Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by modexechee(m): 12:57pm On Aug 20, 2014
prixxy7: da hell ȋ̝̊̅§ wrong wit dis DG of a man So ȋ̝̊̅§ it his ghost dat gave dem a go ahead to update d news on d website? We have less dan 13 days to sept 1st and he ȋ̝̊̅§ stil deriving joy in confusing us. Wats wrong wit him sefI sent him a 6 paged txt wit d number on d website dis morning bou d injustice, A̶̲̥̅♏ stil waiting ƒø̲̣̣я̅ reply.
let's just pray n keep our fingers crossed.... as far as am concerned, things r not clear yet. If we all disturb his number I believe they will reconsider...
Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by modexechee(m): 12:59pm On Aug 20, 2014
Mannylex:

What the hell is wrong with that man. He must be enjoying the attention he is getting from all this since the confusion started.

He is a new guy and I don't know what his problem is
Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by Prettytahill(f): 1:32pm On Aug 20, 2014
Hmmmm dis pple won't kill us oh,dey dnt want to spend d money so as to use it for d forth-coming election..corruption has finished naija..
Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by shady2royce(m): 1:45pm On Aug 20, 2014
Me too dey vex seriously here embarassed[color=#990000][/color],afterall u pple dn delay us 4 a month n nw u came up wit stupid info.For NYSC mind nah STREAM II CAMP DUPING abi.We corpers as well dey reply u bck dt ur ideas are Fantasy.
Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by mikedimeji(m): 1:54pm On Aug 20, 2014
Pls let's keep disturbing him by sending SMS. The reply he gave to that person is very vague Becos we all know we are going to the camp but going there to do what, are we going to do the normal 3weeks camping or we are going there to do only registration. The truth is NYSC has no justifiable reason for canceling the camping, are there no people on camp already what are we talking about. I wish I can even call the man and talk to him directly we can't be suffering from fear of the unknown. Any way still waiting for his reply
Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by yetunde01(f): 2:36pm On Aug 20, 2014
Bad news I must say... grin grin grin

LAGOS STATE: NYSC Permanent Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Agege, Lagos State. North East 1st - 2nd Sept, 2014
South South 3th - 4th Sept, 2014
North Central 5th - 6th Sept, 2014
South East/North West/South West 7th - 8th Sept, 2014

1. North-Central - Benue, Kogi, Kwara, Nasarawa, Niger, Plateau, and Federal Capital Territory, Abuja.

2. North-East - Adamawa, Bauchi, Borno, Gombe, Taraba and Yobe.

3. North-West | Jigawa, Kaduna, Kano, Katsina, Kebbi, Sokoto and Zamfara.

4. South-East | Abia, Anambra, Ebonyi, Enugu, and Imo.

5. South-South | Akwa Ibom, Bayelsa, Cross River, Delta, Edo and Rivers.

6. South-West | Ekiti, Lagos, Ogun, Ondo, Osun and Oyo.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by mikedimeji(m): 3:21pm On Aug 20, 2014
This is the second message I sent to the DG waiting for his replies if at all he will this time around.
Good day sir, honestly speaking we are aggrieved and to be sincere with u we strongly feels there's more to this decision, why has d management not dismiss those on camp if Ebola is the reason, NBA conference that usually record over 10,000 lawyers is still holding their one week conference next week, universities are in session so why are we been given this unfair treatment saying we will only do registration. Geskia I must say is d worst decision ever talking by the management. even if it won't change anything let be said that we are not in support of that decision
Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by Askmydas(m): 3:34pm On Aug 20, 2014
I don't think the suspension of both primary & secondary sch is enough reason why NYSC should come into such resolution. Let's be realistic here, there's more to what they said. I believe they used the opportunity of d directive given by the fed. Govt in avowing d suspension of d resumption of all sec & primary schs.
I guess they don't want to avow the truth behind the reason why the orientation won't be conducted. Come to think of it, if the reason will cause fear & panic amongst prospective corpers (Ebola), they wouldn't want that to happen. Rather they'll come up with flimsy excuses.
Abeg any SOUTH-SOUTH prospective corper dey dis house?
Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by Mannylex(m): 3:52pm On Aug 20, 2014
Askmydas: I don't think the suspension of both primary & secondary sch is enough reason why NYSC should come into such resolution. Let's be realistic here, there's more to what they said. I believe they used the opportunity of d directive given by the fed. Govt in avowing d suspension of d resumption of all sec & primary schs.
I guess they don't want to avow the truth behind the reason why the orientation won't be conducted. Come to think of it, if the reason will cause fear & panic amongst prospective corpers (Ebola), they wouldn't want that to happen. Rather they'll come up with flimsy excuses.

Yep. I rep south south.

Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by mikedimeji(m): 4:23pm On Aug 20, 2014
ATTENTION: I strongly believe that what we have on NYSC website is still a tentative decision, the reason is this pls I want us to look at it critically and objectively.
From what seems to be a report from the meeting held by the management they said we will all do registration and come back two weeks later to collect our letter of deployment to our various PPAs.

EMPHASIS: Now my emphasis is on the bold, are they saying we will come, register and travel back home to come back for letter of deployment to PPAs? So what happen to those people that do not have relatives in the town where the camp is situated what becomes of them. So I strongly feels there's still going to be logical reviews in this issues my thought though.
Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by prixxy7(f): 4:31pm On Aug 20, 2014
Askmydas: I don't think the suspension of both primary & secondary sch is enough reason why NYSC should come into such resolution. Let's be realistic here, there's more to what they said. I believe they used the opportunity of d directive given by the fed. Govt in avowing d suspension of d resumption of all sec & primary schs.
yea. A̶̲̥̅♏ from south south
Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by stalit4ril(f): 4:52pm On Aug 20, 2014
modexechee: let's just pray n keep our fingers crossed.... as far as am concerned, things r not clear yet. If we all disturb his number I believe they will reconsider...
please can i have his number?i just can't bear this anymore
Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by Askmydas(m): 4:56pm On Aug 20, 2014
Mannylex:

Yep. I rep south south.

Hehe grin i see my ppl @Mannylex & Prixxy7. Abeg make una no jst waka come waka go back like dat o
Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by Askmydas(m): 5:11pm On Aug 20, 2014
mikedimeji: ATTENTION: I strongly believe that what we have on NYSC website is still a tentative decision, the reason is this pls I want us to look at it critically and objectively.
From what seems to be a report from the meeting held by the management they said we will all do registration and come back two weeks later to collect our letter of deployment to our various PPAs.

EMPHASIS: Now my emphasis is on the bold, are they saying we will come, register and travel back home to come back for letter of deployment to PPAs? So what happen to those people that do not have relatives in the town where the camp is situated what becomes of them. So I strongly feels there's still going to be logical reviews in this issues my thought though.

Yah i strongly believe it too. Cus if u take a good look @ d concluding part of the update, they said that "they are to collect their kits and proceed immediately to their states of deployment or relocation as the case may be for the completion of the remaining formalities..Wish you a very successful and hitch-free exercise"

My areas of interest are the highlighted context. Were they suppose to use state of redeployment or the stated deployment. And also the "hitch-free exercise" what exercise were they talking about. Cos the only one i know of is the orientation exercise which is suppose to last for 21days (3wks)

My question now is what exercise are they talking about?

1 Like

Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by modexechee(m): 5:17pm On Aug 20, 2014
stalit4ril: please can i have his number?i just can't bear this anymore
09035227992, 0701 347 5481
Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by prixxy7(f): 5:54pm On Aug 20, 2014
Askmydas:

Yah i strongly believe it too. Cus if u take a good look @ d concluding part of the update, they said that "they are to collect their kits and proceed immediately to their states of deployment or relocation as the case may be for the completion of the remaining formalities..Wish you a very successful and hitch-free exercise"

My areas of interest are the highlighted context. Were they suppose to use state of redeployment or the stated deployment. And also the "hitch-free exercise" what exercise were they talking about. Cos the only one i know of is the orientation exercise which is suppose to last for 21days (3wks)

L̳̿Ö̤̣̇☺ː̗̀(=)))ː̖́☺Ö̤̣̇L. Lol! Dis ȋ̝̊̅§ actually my first laf since yestrday 9te dat i heard about dis news. Guy d exercise D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ r talking about ȋ̝̊̅§ d 2 days exercise of registrattion. So D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ r wishing U̶̲̥̅̊ a stress free exercise. sl
Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by mikedimeji(m): 6:01pm On Aug 20, 2014
Askmydas:

Honestly ehn if I tell u say I understand this am neither lying nor saying the truth. May be in their own context the whole NYSC program is what they meant by exercise. But if what they've displayed on their website is actually what they will do I wish every one all the very best. I can not come and kill myself Becos of one thing called NYSC, even my years in sku didn't give me much trouble as NYSC is trying to give. E no worth am
Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by mikedimeji(m): 6:09pm On Aug 20, 2014
Abeg do we have to create another thread for geopolitical zone? grin grin in fact I can't laugh, after NYSC batch B14 house we move to Lagos house from there to Lagos stream 2 now to Lagos stream 2 by geopolitical zone. Chai NYSC na only we Waka come? Ok continue but there's God in everything we are doing.
#NorthCentral na from there I Waka come oo kogi to be precise.
Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by adonismuller(m): 6:25pm On Aug 20, 2014
I would like to suggest something that will give us lil' joy............for those in thesame geo-political zone going same time,I will advice you all carry ur white shoes,shorts,waist pouch and oda petty things needed, so that you can wear it there and snap before the kits are given,you can also snap with inside the hostel and other facilities the stream one ppl snapped with (that are available). That way you won't feel it much when ppl start talking about camp experience, let's make gud use of the 2 days...3 weeks fun can be summarised in 2 days...lol

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by yetunde01(f): 6:27pm On Aug 20, 2014
adonismuller: I would like to suggest something that will give us lil' joy............for those in thesame geo-political zone going same time,I will advice you all carry ur white shoes,shorts,waist pouch and oda petty things needed, so that you can wear it there and snap before the kits are given,you can also snap with inside the hostel and other facilities the stream one ppl snapped with (that are available). That way you won't feel it much when ppl start talking about camp experience, let's make gud use of the 2 days...3 weeks fun can be summarised in 2 days...lol

Good idea.
Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by Askmydas(m): 6:32pm On Aug 20, 2014
prixxy7: L̳̿Ö̤̣̇☺ː̗̀(=)))ː̖́☺Ö̤̣̇L. Lol! Dis ȋ̝̊̅§ actually my first laf since yestrday 9te dat i heard about dis news. Guy d exercise D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ r talking about ȋ̝̊̅§ d 2 days exercise of registrattion. So D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ r wishing U̶̲̥̅̊ a stress free exercise. sl

Mtcheeew...infact eh, dey r sick. Dis whole nysc ish don tire me. Wish dey will just give me my NYSC discharge certificate on d day of my registration. Make i know say NYSC don turn history.
Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by prixxy7(f): 6:34pm On Aug 20, 2014
adonismuller: I would like to suggest something that will give us lil' joy............for those in thesame geo-political zone going same time,I will advice you all carry ur white shoes,shorts,waist pouch and oda petty things needed, so that you can wear it there and snap before the kits are given,you can also snap with inside the hostel and other facilities the stream one ppl snapped with (that are available). That way you won't feel it much when ppl start talking about camp experience, let's make gud use of the 2 days...3 weeks fun can be summarised in 2 days...lol
its a gud idea. Dont mind doin it sha
Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by modexechee(m): 6:48pm On Aug 20, 2014
Abeg DG don reply una SMS??
Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by Robella(f): 7:21pm On Aug 20, 2014
I rep South-South

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (98) (Reply)

My NYSC Experience In Kano State / 55 Things Nysc Members Should Not Leave Home Without! / Missing Corper Stephanie Se-Ember Terungwa Is Dead, Her Vital Parts Removed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.