Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,663 members, 7,809,510 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:42 AM

My NYSC Experience In Kano State - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / My NYSC Experience In Kano State (128075 Views)

"My NYSC Camp Experience" – Owolabi Ajasa / Reasons Why You Should Serve In Kano State - Mrphysics / My NYSC Experience At Taraba Camp, Batch A, Stream 2, 2016. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

My NYSC Experience In Kano State by mrphysics(m): 12:55pm On Jun 01, 2016
please you will have to ignore my short hand notation and any error or mistake in words.

Everything you are about to read is my OWN personal experience and as such should be treated so

After my friend called me to break the news of my posting, Sleep left my eyes. it was past 11p.m, Nysc site was congested that we were able to pull through by 11p.m. oh God, why KANO STATE, what have I done.

Just like Job said in Job, "what i feared most have come upon me". I never wanted to serve in Kano state or any northern state even Abuja.

so I started preparing, I picked a ticket going to Kano state. before then I have read many articles and write up on Kano state, surely, it wasn't enough.

By 5:15 p.m we left ifeanyichukwu park Enugu state enroute Kano state, it was my first visit to a core Muslim state, I was for the next one year of my life to live with Muslims, the thought of Boko Haram, security, language problem etc filled my mind as we journey to the pregnant state. I wasn't comfortable, I had a mixed filling about Kano state. so we ran through the night. one thing I noticed as we entered Kano state is that day breaks by 5:30 everyday. once it is 5:30 a.m, everywhere is clear in Kano state, another interesting thing is that the sun rises by 6-6:15 a.m everyday and sets 6:30p.m reaching to a maximum temperature of 43.5 degree Celsius.

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by mrphysics(m): 1:02pm On Jun 01, 2016
We reached ifeanyichukwu park Kano state by 7:00 a.m on Tuesday, running close to 15hours. the park is situated at sabongari in fagge local government. I must state that this sabongari has the highest population of igbos, in fact, an igbo man is the local government chairman of fagge local government Kano state. it was shocking to see an igbo man heading a local government in Kano.

Sabongari doesn't look like Kano state, all clubs, hotels, brothels, beer parlor in Kano state has it's headquarter located in Sabongari. Infact you can't buy alcohol in anywhere save sabongari. it is also had to see a church in Kano state except in sabongari.

Sabongari is very safe, more secured that any other part of Kano state. if there is any war in Kano state, the first place the military will protect is sabongari. You will hardly believe you are in Kano state if you visit sabongari. it is in sabongari that a lady can walk without wearing hijab of covering her head. it is in sabongari that you can hold or shake a lady. Sabongari looks exactly like Enugu state.

29 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by Trendy247: 1:08pm On Jun 01, 2016
Following

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by mackhunter77: 1:23pm On Jun 01, 2016
Short tales?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by mrphysics(m): 1:51pm On Jun 01, 2016
Karaye camp situated close to kusaladam in Kano state is so far one of the best orientation camp in Nigeria. life as a corp member in karaye camp is cool. no much stress, the soldiers are very friendly, we weren't punished at all. No much parade, we have our daily siesta and we wake up everyday by 5 a.m. Kudos to the nysc staff in Kano state.

one major thing a greater number of corps members are interested in when they are in camp is their place of primary assignment, most ladies give themselves to the soldiers in lieu of a better PPA. In Kano state, it was very fair, those that worked it didn't succeed except for the very "longed legged ladies" and highly connected guys. on the average it was generally free and fair. when I saw mine, I was very happy, I was posted to a higher institution in Kano state(Names withheld for security reasons) . that is how life began in Kano state.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by Nobody: 1:56pm On Jun 01, 2016
Ride on bro.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by mrphysics(m): 2:01pm On Jun 01, 2016
I imagined how life in a high institution is, I have been through one. I also imagined how to deal and relate with females in dire need of go. what of those that will want to sort me, what of those stubborn guys, little did I know that education in Kano is different from what is obtainable anywhere in the world. I recently realised the type of life they lead in Kano state, it seems all my imagination is going to be in vain.

We were sent to the high institution corpers lodge, unlikely/luckily to us there is another college of institution close to our lodge. My colleagues were happy, they were about to be a sexual activists …, the accommodation wasn't too good nor too bad. we met with batch B corpers, they actually welcomed us with a fight between themselves. what led to it is a topic for another day.

I want to point out that things are not cheap in Kano state as people thought, only two things are cheap here: bread and onions. other things are costly. Light is also a problem and heat here is too much. I bath 4 to 5 times a day and my soap finishes every 3 days. I will relate them to other things very shortly.

should I continue

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by mrphysics(m): 2:10pm On Jun 01, 2016
one thing I noticed is that a great number of people do not speak English, I have met with the big and small ones, many of them don't speak or understand English and as such communication was and is a barrier. I have seen keke napep carry me round Kano state because he didn't understand and I don't know my way. I have seen restaurant people serve me wrong food due to language barrier. I have told my H.O.D that there is no how they will continue to speak Hausa to this students in school and expect them to be perfect in English. my class rep have sent me funny messages with wrong written basic English, I would have loved to post a snapshot of it but for security reasons no.

A student have written on top of his scrip "Sir, your are not registration number sir", meaning," I don't have registration number sir". Other funny messages I have read and have in my phone is ones that read: "please sir, we don't have free tomorrow. sir, my ba3 is dangerous. OK sir, thank" etc.

indeed language have been a barrier. we must have issues when we want to buy something. when we want them to help us at the borehole, etc. they are deeply engrossed in Hausa speaking. They are comfortable with it.

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by Nobody: 2:15pm On Jun 01, 2016
Dreamcome2ru another one

You like story oo grin
Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by totoakins(m): 2:19pm On Jun 01, 2016
continue am enjoying it

1 Like

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jun 01, 2016
Titanium38:
Dreamcome2ru another one

You like story oo grin
LOL,sure i do,infact at my age,i still like tortoise escapades,talk of novels,experiences,i like them a lot.

1 Like

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jun 01, 2016
@mrphysics,i will suggest you write on headings,like:
Social life
Weather
Foods
Beliefs
Communication
Job opportunities
Place of PPA
And a lot that you can think of
And maybe 3 posts per day,just to create traffic and for viewers to stay glue to the thread.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by Nobody: 2:32pm On Jun 01, 2016
Dreamcome2ru:

LOL,sure i do,infact at my age,i still like tortoise escapades,talk of novels,experiences,i like them a lot.

That's funny. Please quote me whenever he continues the story.. thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jun 01, 2016
Titanium38:

That's funny. Please quote me whenever he continues the story.. thanks
Sure i will.

1 Like

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by osytex: 3:30pm On Jun 01, 2016
mrphysics:
I imagined how life in a high institution is, I have been through one. I also imagined how to deal and relate with females in dire need of go. what of those that will want to sort me, what of those stubborn guys, little did I know that education in Kano is different from what is obtainable anywhere in the world. I recently realised the type of life they lead in Kano state, it seems all my imagination is going to be in vain.

We were sent to the high institution corpers lodge, unlikely/luckily to us there is another college of institution close to our lodge. My colleagues were happy, they were about to be a sexual activists …, the accommodation wasn't too good nor too bad. we met with batch B corpers, they actually welcomed us with a fight between themselves. what led to it is a topic for another day.

I want to point out that things are not cheap in Kano state as people thought, only two things are cheap here: bread and onions. other things are costly. Light is also a problem and heat here is too much. I bath 4 to 5 times a day and my soap finishes every 3 days. I will relate them to other things very shortly.

should I continue
looolzz.. nice one, bro..
why didn't we hook up in camp?

Osytex, Overall parade commander
Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by promisechild(m): 3:45pm On Jun 01, 2016
story story... storrrrrrrry.......

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by promisechild(m): 3:46pm On Jun 01, 2016
grab my seat. I don turn to Mario here....... boya lo ma dele ibi lo ma Ku si......
Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by mrphysics(m): 4:07pm On Jun 01, 2016
osytex:
looolzz.. nice one, bro.. why didn't we hook up in camp?
Osytex, Overall parade commander
Parade shun, I was among those you commanded during our POP. where is your PPA

3 Likes

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by mrphysics(m): 4:07pm On Jun 01, 2016
Dreamcome2ru:
@mrphysics,i will suggest you write on headings,like:
Social life
Weather
Foods
Beliefs
Communication
Job opportunities
Place of PPA
And a lot that you can think of
And maybe 3 posts per day,just to create traffic and for viewers to stay glue to the thread.
Okay sir, that's the purpose of the thread.
Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by osytex: 4:17pm On Jun 01, 2016
mrphysics:

Parade shun, I was among those you commanded during our POP. where is your PPA
Army barracks..
what platoon were you in??
Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by Onyiibazz: 6:32pm On Jun 01, 2016
grin My guy!

4 Likes

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jun 01, 2016
mrphysics:
Okay sir, that's the purpose of the thread.
Am not yet a "Sir" bro,well awaiting the next write-up.

1 Like

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jun 01, 2016
osytex:

Army barracks..
what platoon were you in??
Corpers posted to an army barrack?wow,never knew such happen,well,is it good or bad?
Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by mrphysics(m): 6:59pm On Jun 01, 2016
osytex:
Army barracks.. what platoon were you in??
platoon one
Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by mrphysics(m): 8:26pm On Jun 01, 2016
Life in Kano is not social at all, Atleast I was posted to an institution, I live very close to a college of education and a university, so I can say authoritatively the social life obtainable in Kano state. The guys are Jew guys, infact they are Jewish council of elders. I and my colleague once visited an inauguration party, there we met something that shocked us. We were expecting to see students kind of social life, lo and behold, we met a gay party, a party with only three girls dancing, with over 400 sex activists and sex starved guys wanting to dance with them, of a truth it was a gay party. I have never seen a collection of fine ladies like I saw and see in Kano state. Infact, I must say that Hausa girls are too pretty. I try to avoid my students because I don't want to enter Hausa man wahala. I learnt that they are too jealous of their wife and daughters, we were warned seriously in camp to avoid Hausa girls but who can avoid those pretty girls. Seeing them alone gives me joy. You don't touch them at all, you don't shake them too, infact one that I met in a college of education told me that it is wrong for her to be talking to me outside. I thought they are all virgins but I found out where and how they do their bad things.

to be continued tomorrow

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by Lumiere91: 9:37pm On Jun 01, 2016
Enter d dragon

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by Ranchhoddas: 12:34am On Jun 02, 2016
Fire on my guy.
Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by kingpole: 1:59am On Jun 02, 2016
I'm waiting for more

1 Like

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by mrphysics(m): 5:53am On Jun 02, 2016
Onyiibazz:
grin My guy!
Onyi Bazz, very soon you will experience same

1 Like

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by Darey00(m): 7:21am On Jun 02, 2016
*Spreads Rug*
sorry I'm late. popcorn line was long grin grin

2 Likes

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by Onyiibazz: 8:43am On Jun 02, 2016
... I thought they are all virgins but I found out where and how they do their bad things.

Hahahahaha, man of God! Ride on

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My NYSC Experience In Kano State by osytex: 9:20am On Jun 02, 2016
Dreamcome2ru:

Corpers posted to an army barrack?wow,never knew such happen,well,is it good or bad?
very good.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

55 Things Nysc Members Should Not Leave Home Without! / Missing Corper Stephanie Se-Ember Terungwa Is Dead, Her Vital Parts Removed / NYSC 2014 Batch A Corp Members House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.