Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,304 members, 7,860,748 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 03:31 PM

Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) - NYSC (53) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) (127421 Views)

Akwa-ibom Batch A16 Stream I&II Lets Meet Here / Akwa Ibom Batch B 2014 Let's Meet Here / Batch B 2014 Osun Corpers Let's Meet Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (98) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by Askmydas(m): 7:33pm On Aug 27, 2014
aircom:
Yeah ur area of discipline goes a long way too..you will get to fill all dis details in d forms given to u..

Bro congrat! But please any idea on the rank and name of your camp commandant? Pls sad
Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by prixxy7(f): 8:00pm On Aug 27, 2014
aircom:
Yeah ur area of discipline goes a long way too..you will get to fill all dis details in d forms given to u..
so wea do U̶̲̥̅̊ tink I can be posted to? I read industrial chemistry.
Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by aircom(m): 8:21pm On Aug 27, 2014
Askmydas:

Bro congrat! But please any idea on the rank and name of your camp commandant? Pls sad
Thanks man..His name is Captain A.B Ajose
Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by Prettytahill(f): 8:25pm On Aug 27, 2014
A friend just told me dat skuls r to resume october,is it true?
Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by kriscamdi(m): 8:33pm On Aug 27, 2014
Pls we need to aappeal, since the fed govt hs announced the resumption dte of the schools and d ebola cse is jus one person left, d should jus let us go for the camping nw, I dnt see wot experience we will tell abt camp if we don't go, abi d didn't plan 4 us to camp at all? If its 4 2weeks or so,, we cam go to d nysc site and mail the director general or send him texts, d email ddress nd contacts r der, pls who is wiv me on this?

1 Like

Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by Nobody: 9:01pm On Aug 27, 2014
Prettytahill: A friend just told me dat skuls r to resume october,is it true?

U too like old newz................ lipsrsealed

Na joke oo lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by Askmydas(m): 9:02pm On Aug 27, 2014
aircom:
Thanks man..His name is Captain A.B Ajose

Thanks bro..more grease 2 yah elbow grin
Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by Prettytahill(f): 9:33pm On Aug 27, 2014
sunnyboi:
Na joke oo lipsrsealed
A news announced today an old news?I guess we all r trying to knw wats happening abt our stream 2 ish,we all wanna hear any possible news,I dnt c y me asking dat is a bad thing..thanks.
Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by Hissexcellencie(m): 9:58pm On Aug 27, 2014
sunnyboi:

Na joke oo lipsrsealed

Rotflmsao grin
Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by prixxy7(f): 9:27am On Aug 28, 2014
Wea ȋ̝̊̅§ everyone Gudmorning y'all
Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by mikedimeji(m): 10:28am On Aug 28, 2014
prixxy7: Wea ȋ̝̊̅§ everyone Gudmorning y'all
Good morning Anty Priscilla. I greet u, Shey u know say na u be our host for this NYSC registration of a thing, u will have to be present everyday to welcome all of us at the registration stand. grin
Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by prixxy7(f): 11:21am On Aug 28, 2014
mikedimeji:
Good morning Anty Priscilla. I greet u, Shey u know say na u be our host for this NYSC registration of a thing, u will have to be present everyday to welcome all of us at the registration stand. grin
hahahaha I laf in swahili L̳̿Ö̤̣̇☺ː̗̀(=)))ː̖́☺Ö̤̣̇L. U̶̲̥̅̊ try well well. Would be dea on monday sha to cehck tins out unless dea ȋ̝̊̅§ a change b4 den.
Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by mikedimeji(m): 11:54am On Aug 28, 2014
prixxy7: hahahaha I laf in swahili L̳̿Ö̤̣̇☺ː̗̀(=)))ː̖́☺Ö̤̣̇L. U̶̲̥̅̊ try well well. Would be dea on monday sha to cehck tins out unless dea ȋ̝̊̅§ a change b4 den.

Ok, meaning u will be feeding us with info, Becos me I no get their time till sat 6th, since they've decided to disorganize the whole NYSC arrangement I have also decide to fix a program for next week. Trust u are doing very well.
Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by prixxy7(f): 12:15pm On Aug 28, 2014
mikedimeji:
Ok, meaning u will be feeding us with info, Becos me I no get their time till sat 6th, since they've decided to disorganize the whole NYSC arrangement I have also decide to fix a program for next week. Trust u are doing very well.
yes I wil update U̶̲̥̅̊ guys dat won't be dea on monday on d tins unfolding. And A̶̲̥̅♏ doin fine. Tanx ƒø̲̣̣я̅ asking.
Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by UtchayPro(f): 1:12pm On Aug 28, 2014
Hello house please I'm looking for accomodation options on the mainland...any information on where I can find a self contained in a decent area that's between 80-100k will be highly appreciated. And also, as a non-Lagosian(me) which area is generally fair traffic wise, is a bit cool (not filled with area boys and the like) and still has decent accomodation options.
Also which area on the mainland would you advise me to settle for and why? I need to know which area would be better for me so I'd fill in as my place of residence during my registration cos I heard they usually post people around the local government they register as their place of residence.
P.S:Please forgive the long write-up, just wanted to make sure I was understood. I humbly await suggestions. Thanks cheesy
Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by Ellatyra(f): 1:14pm On Aug 28, 2014
Mannylex:
So ur in the south south region, thatz kul. We'll see then

... Just checked you up on your bog, you are an exceptional writer.

Have no fear; Mannylex is here

Yes south south!!!! Thanks for checking my blog
Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by SerPounce(m): 1:42pm On Aug 28, 2014
UtchayPro: Hello house please I'm looking for accomodation options on the mainland... any information on where I can find a self contained in a decent area that's between 80-100k will be highly appreciated. And also, as a non-Lagosian(me) which area is generally fair traffic wise, is a bit cool (not filled with area boys and the like) and still has decent accomodation options.
Also which area on the mainland would you advise me to settle for and why? I need to know which area would be better for me so I'd fill in as my place of residence during my registration cos I heard they usually post people around the local government they register as their place of residence.
P.S:Please forgive the long write-up, just wanted to make sure I was understood. I humbly await suggestions. Thanks cheesy

Men, I've been wracking my brains to find a decent option for you. But each falls short of all these your criteria. To put it simply, it's (almost) impossible to find a self - contained apartment in a DECENT area with fair TRAFFIC in Lagos at that price range man. You might have to come up on your budget to say around 150k. But your best bet would be to get a place around the Ejigbo-Ikotun-Egbeda-Ipaja axis and hope they post you close to where you'd be renting. If you even see a self - con at that 150 you'd be very lucky. That's one of the sure ways you wouldn't have to deal with much Lagos traffic. There are also other areas too. Others with more ideas should help him. But have it in mind that your budget might not be sufficient. Or you might look for another non-Lagosian to pool your funds with. Then your chances of getting a place remotely fitting your description would be higher. Hope I've helped you a bit.
Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by Hissexcellencie(m): 2:06pm On Aug 28, 2014
UtchayPro: Hello house please I'm looking for accomodation options on the mainland...any information on where I can find a self contained in a decent area that's between 80-100k will be highly appreciated. And also, as a non-Lagosian(me) which area is generally fair traffic wise, is a bit cool (not filled with area boys and the like) and still has decent accomodation options.

Area boys dey every bus park n' express major b/stops collecting egunje from motorists. Put it at d back of ya mind, Buh that wan no consine you. If you no chuk eye for their matter dem no go send you. I stay in isolo and my area is cool, calm considering its lasgidi and there are a lotta companies herem (Industrial estate, isolo) as well as schools as we all know; Nysc won't post us to companies so na school or ministry things. Anyways a dude dropped his digits. He knows a thing or two about accomodation. 07066254966. Btw which geo-pol zone you dey?
Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by mikedimeji(m): 2:30pm On Aug 28, 2014
Hello house, a very quick one. For those of urs traveling to Lagos from afar, I hope we've started making necessary arrangement for temporary accommodation before u are finally posted to PPA. What am saying in essence is for now we don't know what this guys are up to Becos as far as am concern NYSC management are jokers Becos we don't know whether or not we are to register and come back in two weeks time and am not thinking any body want to go for registration and travel back home. So let's try and do the needful.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by kriscamdi(m): 2:39pm On Aug 28, 2014
UtchayPro: Hello house please I'm looking for accomodation options on the mainland...any information on where I can find a self contained in a decent area that's between 80-100k will be highly appreciated. And also, as a non-Lagosian(me) which area is generally fair traffic wise, is a bit cool (not filled with area boys and the like) and still has decent accomodation options.
...m.there is a place is opebi bt its 200k, its so cool..datz wia I stay
Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by kriscamdi(m): 2:43pm On Aug 28, 2014
mikedimeji: Hello house, a very quick one. For those of urs traveling to Lagos from afar, I hope we've started making necessary arrangement for temporary accommodation before u are finally posted to PPA. What am saying in essence is for now we don't know what this guys are up to Becos as far as am concern NYSC management are jokers Becos we don't know whether or not we are to register and come back in two weeks time and am not thinking any body want to go for registration and travel back home. So let's try and do the needful.
..... I tot d will provide an accomodation in d camp till dat 8th? Hw do d expect ppl comin from far to get a plce to stay, a nyt in lagos in d hotel or even a guest house is not bean n d knw dat.y trying to mess ppl up
Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by yankeedudu01(m): 3:03pm On Aug 28, 2014
SerPounce:

Men, I've been wracking my brains to find a decent option for you. But each falls short of all these your criteria. To put it simply, it's (almost) impossible to find a self - contained apartment in a DECENT area with fair TRAFFIC in Lagos at that price range man. You might have to come up on your budget to say around 150k. But your best bet would be to get a place around the Ejigbo-Ikotun-Egbeda-Ipaja axis and hope they post you close to where you'd be renting. If you even see a self - con at that 150 you'd be very lucky. That's one of the sure ways you wouldn't have to deal with much Lagos traffic. There are also other areas too. Others with more ideas should help him. But have it in mind that your budget might not be sufficient. Or you might look for another non-Lagosian to pool your funds with. Then your chances of getting a place remotely fitting your description would be higher. Hope I've helped you a bit.
Hello Serpounce, does this 150k include agency and agreement? Ejigbo-Ikotun-(Igando is also a good, quite area)Egbeda-Ipaja axis
Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by SerPounce(m): 3:47pm On Aug 28, 2014
yankeedudu01:
Hello Serpounce, does this 150k include agency and agreement? Ejigbo-Ikotun-(Igando is also a good, quite area)Egbeda-Ipaja axis

It might and it might not . It all depends on the landlord you meet and how you relate with him. Having said that, I'd advice one avoids agents altogether if possible. It's better one meets the landlord or lawyer in charge of the house personally. Once you've decided on the area you'd like to stay at, a day's walk around that area could yield positive results. Yes, Igando is another good one. But traffic, especially for those who would ply the Cele-Ikotun-Igando route could be a nightmare.
Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by yankeedudu01(m): 4:15pm On Aug 28, 2014
SerPounce:
It might and it might not . It all depends on the landlord you meet and how you relate with him. Having said that, I'd advice one avoids agents altogether if possible. It's better one meets the landlord or lawyer in charge of the house personally. Once you've decided on the area you'd like to stay at, a day's walk around that area could yield positive results. Yes, Igando is another good one. But traffic, especially for those who would ply the Cele-Ikotun-Igando route could be a nightmare.
It is DIFFICULT to get a house in LAGOS without an agent. It pays working with an agent, they charge just 1k to avoid stress. To get a good room self-con, with water in the compound,tiles,etc(my findings), 100-120k per year then the agreement/agency-Minimum of 40k. But just a room & not too conducive you get that from 70k-90k per year.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by lovelyngeee(f): 4:57pm On Aug 28, 2014
yankeedudu01: It is DIFFICULT to get a house in LAGOS without an agent, to the Glory of God my Dad owns a house in Lagos, so I know little of how things work. It pays working with an agent, they charge just 1k to avoid stress. To get a good room self-con, with water in the compound,tiles,etc(my findings), 100-120k per year then the agreement/agency-Minimum of 40k. But just a room & not too conducive you get that from 70k-90k per year.

Agents are now the problem in getting a house here in lagos..after hustling d main money for the she,u'll pay agency n agreement..they dnt just charge 1k as u say my dear...buh they make it relatively easy for u to get ur choice of a house,and fast..
I suggest the guy visits them,does findings and then concludes on how to go abt it..
Btw,starting small is d best..
Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by SerPounce(m): 5:11pm On Aug 28, 2014
yankeedudu01: It is DIFFICULT to get a house in LAGOS without an agent, to the Glory of God my Dad owns a house in Lagos, so I know little of how things work. It pays working with an agent, they charge just 1k to avoid stress. To get a good room self-con, with water in the compound,tiles,etc(my findings), 100-120k per year then the agreement/agency-Minimum of 40k. But just a room & not too conducive you get that from 70k-90k per year.

Well, the difficulty or otherwise is relative to personal experience. During the few times I've had a cause to look for a crib in Giddi, I've always gone to scout for myself. Agents, I've discovered always tell you what you want to hear and usually don't tell you everything you need to know. I go myself or in company of friends and ask the people who live there about the light situation, security in the area and all such. And I like to meet the owner or person in charge of the compound personally. Except in cases where the agent is also in charge. If you've got ideas of places they can rent at an affordable rate you can point them in the right direction. Besides it's just for one year, they need not pay much. Agent fee will be an extra expense. How much con be the allowee wey them go get for the whole year.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by SerPounce(m): 5:18pm On Aug 28, 2014
lovelyngeee:

Agents are now the problem in getting a house here in lagos..after hustling d main money for the she,u'll pay agency n agreement..they dnt just charge 1k as u say my dear...buh they make it relatively easy for u to get ur choice of a house,and fast..
I suggest the guy visits them,does findings and then concludes on how to go abt it..
Btw,starting small is d best..

Exactly. If they can avoid the agents altogether the better for them. To start with, the allowee is not all that. Then there are living expenses to think of. It's LAGOS. You can get a house within a few days in Lagos if you're determined. Especially if you're just staying for a year. But if one can afford it, all the better. After all, some corpers rent plush apartments in high brow areas during their service year. Money does the talking..
Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by mikedimeji(m): 5:21pm On Aug 28, 2014
kriscamdi: ..... I tot d will provide an accomodation in d camp till dat 8th? Hw do d expect ppl comin from far to get a plce to stay, a nyt in lagos in d hotel or even a guest house is not bean n d knw dat.y trying to mess ppl up
By my understanding of the time-table what they are saying is for example north central registration is 5th-6th meaning u can come on 5th or 6th if u are from this geopolitical zone and don't forget registration wouldn't take you more than an hour i.e 1Hr. According to what they wrote on their page. So in order not to experience what happened in the 1970s I advice u make provision for urself accommodation wise don't forget NYSC guys are joker

1 Like

Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by MrAnonymous: 5:26pm On Aug 28, 2014
They may have split us up because of crowd.. Monday will be packed smiley
Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by Askmydas(m): 5:43pm On Aug 28, 2014

Your budget on getting a self-con accommodation in a fair-traffic envt is kinda low. Communities close to whr i stay include Mende, & Onigbongbo. You can secure an accommodation btw 130-150k but mostly 150k dats excluding agent fee (usually 20k upwards). Its always easier & faster getting an accommodation via an agent. I will advise you stay in the heartbeat of mainland which is Ikeja/Maryland. You will get easy mobility to any part of lagos from thr, less traffic, good roads etc...
Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by berryB(f): 5:54pm On Aug 28, 2014
kriscamdi: ...m.there is a place is opebi bt its 200k, its so cool..datz wia I stay
I'm interested..I will like to check out d house..can u tell me how to go about it..tanx
Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by onyinye91(f): 7:31pm On Aug 28, 2014
Wats d latest people

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (98) (Reply)

55 Things Nysc Members Should Not Leave Home Without! / My NYSC Experience In Kano State / Missing Corper Stephanie Se-Ember Terungwa Is Dead, Her Vital Parts Removed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.