Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,327 members, 7,860,807 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 04:37 PM

Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) - NYSC (75) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) (127424 Views)

Akwa-ibom Batch A16 Stream I&II Lets Meet Here / Akwa Ibom Batch B 2014 Let's Meet Here / Batch B 2014 Osun Corpers Let's Meet Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) ... (98) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by Hissexcellencie(m): 2:58pm On Sep 15, 2014
spyme:

no vex with d grammar....na vexing cause am

No, no be †ђξ grammar its more due to †ђξ fact that u said u won't make any friends this ur service year. I find that hard to believe. cheesy
Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by prixxy7(f): 6:15pm On Sep 15, 2014
Please friends, vote forr my sister in MISS STYLE QUEEN NIGERIA. Just click d link below and like d picture and also comment. Tanx a lot ! https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=298397683679947&id=161339860719064&set=a.298392857013763.1073741829.161339860719064

1 Like

Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by aircom(m): 9:57pm On Sep 15, 2014
SerPounce:

That's bad man. Is it that NYSC just posts corpers randomly without finding out if an organisation needs their services or not. Tales of rejection at PPAs everywhere. Saw a thread here on nairaland about corpers that were posted to a playhouse. These are graduates for Christ's sake! From the post the playhouse even rejected some of them. Wishing you a better PPA bro.

P. S: Since you guys were rejected where they posted you, hope they would accept a request letter if you come with one? Cos I got one from a private organisation. It makes no sense to put us through getting a rejection letter and having to come back to them again. This one that they are rejecting Stream 1 corpers in some places, what hope for we the stream two guys. I hear some schools are even rejecting corpers if they already have the teachers that take the subjects you can handle. And they are saying they only accept request letters from organisations in certain areas. Any info on this?
Actually what I suggest wat we all do right now is get request/acceptance letters from where we wish to get posted to shud we get rejected. All the corpers I know that applied for reposting with a request letter (from d firm they wish to get assigned to) attached to the reposting letter 2weeks ago got posted to where they wanted. Every Ppa NYSC actually have in mind to post us right now is really choked ..My local govt inspector made it clear to me..Today I and a friend that got rejected at our initial ppa failed to get new ppa letters for reposting(which made me sorta happy) caz when we wrote our reposting letter, we did not attach any request letter..yeah we had non then ..and a lady at the secretariat told us she's gonna give us till thursday to provide a request letter else na primary..school tinz...hehehehe Just the tot of teachin a primary schl kid alone sent shivers down my friend's spine..So we decided to storm all d electrical organizations(private or public) in ikeja..we could set eyes on..Eventually we were in front of ikeja distribution board..We went in, explained to the admin manager our predicament, she told us to come back 2mao.that the company's slot for corpers are almost exhausted but hopefully she may pull off something..
Just 3 corpers out of the twelve from my initial ppa got reposted without a request letter to schls so all am saying right now is AFTER REJECTION a request letter(regardless if it's for a private or public firm) is a safe bet if u don't want to find yourself in a classroom..
Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by crunchyg: 10:29pm On Sep 15, 2014
spyme:

i think u r rite... cos some pple didnt get the sms. so after dividing us into streams and denying us camp,they still wnt to ruin d only chance for us to be in one accord nd fellowship together... it is official, i wnt make friends with anyone throughout my nysc year sad

No don't say that, I am here we can become friends, real friends
Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by SerPounce(m): 11:07pm On Sep 15, 2014
aircom:
Actually what I suggest wat we all do right now is get request/acceptance letters from where we wish to get posted to shud we get rejected. All the corpers I know that applied for reposting with a request letter (from d firm they wish to get assigned to) attached to the reposting letter 2weeks ago got posted to where they wanted. Every Ppa NYSC actually have in mind to post us right now is really choked ..My local govt inspector made it clear to me..Today I and a friend that got rejected at our initial ppa failed to get new ppa letters for reposting(which made me sorta happy) caz when we wrote our reposting letter, we did not attach any request letter..yeah we had non then ..and a lady at the secretariat told us she's gonna give us till thursday to provide a request letter else na primary..school tinz...hehehehe Just the tot of teachin a primary schl kid alone sent shivers down my friend's spine..So we decided to storm all d electrical organizations(private or public) in ikeja..we could set eyes on..Eventually we were in front of ikeja distribution board..We went in, explained to the admin manager our predicament, she told us to come back 2mao.that the company's slot for corpers are almost exhausted but hopefully she may pull off something..
Just 3 corpers out of the twelve from my initial ppa got reposted without a request letter to schls so all am saying right now is AFTER REJECTION a request letter(regardless if it's for a private or public firm) is a safe bet if u don't want to find yourself in a classroom..

Aircom bro, thanks a lot for this. The place where I got the request letter is in a Local Government Area different from the one I filled in my NYSC documents. Hope this does not pose a problem? Also, they gave me a letter of employment to take to the NYSC. Would that suffice? Or should I go back to them and ask for a letter ADDRESSED to the NYSC that specifically requests my services?
Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by spyme(f): 11:15pm On Sep 15, 2014
Hissexcellencie:

well i havent so far....maybe collegues in ppa,lets wait nd see

No, no be †ђξ grammar its more due to †ђξ fact that u said u won't make any friends this ur service year. I find that hard to believe. cheesy
Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by spyme(f): 11:20pm On Sep 15, 2014
crunchyg:

No don't say that, I am here we can become friends, real friends

dats so sweet of u grin
Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by Mannylex(m): 12:38am On Sep 16, 2014
SerPounce:

Aircom bro, thanks a lot for this. The place where I got the request letter is in a Local Government Area different from the one I filled in my NYSC documents. Hope this does not pose a problem? Also, they gave me a letter of employment to take to the NYSC. Would that suffice? Or should I go back to them and ask for a letter ADDRESSED to the NYSC that specifically requests my services?

I was gonna ask this same question. Aircom please answer.

Have no fear; Mannylex is here
Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by lymelyte(m): 6:31am On Sep 16, 2014
For those using union bank, have the bank given you guys an account no?
Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by crunchyg: 7:20am On Sep 16, 2014
spyme:

dats so sweet of u grin

Tanx, how ar u today, hope u enjoyed ur nite?
Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by aircom(m): 7:50am On Sep 16, 2014
SerPounce:

Nah it won't pose a problem..ppl actually got jobs outside their local govt especially in ikeja..The letter of employment would be considered but just make sure it has ur call up no. and your state code in the body of the letter caz that how NYSC mostly identify us..Better still if its not goin to be a difficult task u can go back to ur firm, give them your code no details and tell them to address it to
The state coordinator
NYSC secretariat
Babs Animashaun Road
Old census office Surulere
Lagos state.
Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by SerPounce(m): 7:56am On Sep 16, 2014
aircom:
Nah it won't pose a problem..ppl actually got jobs outside their local govt especially in ikeja..The letter of employment would be considered but just make sure it has ur call up no. and your state code in the body of the letter caz that how NYSC mostly identify us..Better still if its not goin to be a difficult task u can go back to ur firm, give them your code no details and tell them to address it to
The state coordinator
NYSC secretariat
Babs Animashaun Road
Lagos state.

This has been very helpful. Thanks a lot bro. Na to make sure say I get rejection letter remain.
Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by aircom(m): 9:17am On Sep 16, 2014
SerPounce:

This has been very helpful. Thanks a lot bro. Na to make sure say I get rejection letter remain.
Na so..Lol..just remembered a bro doin the sekem dance when he got his letter of rejection..Nigga had better plans
Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by SerPounce(m): 10:08am On Sep 16, 2014
aircom:
Na so..Lol..just remembered a bro doin the sekem dance when he got his letter of rejection..Nigga had better plans

Lol. Na true o.
Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by 1kanma: 10:26am On Sep 16, 2014
Pls do u mean if posted to ikj lg i could get another job even with out been rejected, due to less engagement of d corp members posted there. Tanks
aircom:
The state coordinator
NYSC secretariat
Babs Animashaun Road
Lagos state.

Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by ujbaby4Jesus: 8:20pm On Sep 16, 2014
Pls I need help frm u guys, hw can I get to nysc secretariat from oshodi?
Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by dotchez(f): 11:13pm On Sep 16, 2014
ujbaby4Jesus: Pls I need help frm u guys, hw can I get to nysc secretariat from oshodi?
the best way that I know. Get a bus goin to mile 2, drop @ cele bus-stop, frm cele take a bus goin to lawanson it will go over the bridge. When you get to lawanson ask anyone to direct you where u will get keke napep goin to bode thomas, dey will pass in front of d secretariat, or u can take a bike from there. Or from oshodi go to ojuelegba, frm ojuelegba ask again. I don't knw d correct routes well but dis is d best I can give

1 Like

Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by 2Pistols: 12:09am On Sep 17, 2014
Oshodi -> Mile 2 -> Orile -> Ask for Doyin street -> Keke to Bode Thomas.

It's probably a longer route, but straight forward.
Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by ujbaby4Jesus: 1:02pm On Sep 17, 2014
dotchez: the best way that I know. Get a bus goin to mile 2, drop @ cele bus-stop, frm cele take a bus goin to lawanson it will go over the bridge. When you get to lawanson ask anyone to direct you where u will get keke napep goin to bode thomas, dey will pass in front of d secretariat, or u can take a bike from there. Or from oshodi go to ojuelegba, frm ojuelegba ask again. I don't knw d correct routes well but dis is d best I can give
Thanks dear
Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by spyme(f): 11:47pm On Sep 17, 2014
ujbaby4Jesus: Pls I need help frm u guys, hw can I get to nysc secretariat from oshodi?

frm oshodi, walk towards d filling station(where they take mushin bus),u will get ojuelegba bus(150 naira)....wen u get to the last bus stop(under bridge)....walk towards the ending of d bridge (towards stadium bus stop)... take 100 bus to bode thomas, drop at secretariat bus stop...just before the junction with d traffic lights.... walk towards ur right(babs animashaun street)....keep walking till u get to nysc secretariat.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by Unichizzy(f): 11:49pm On Sep 17, 2014
the easiest and most economical way to get to secretariat frm Oshodi is boarding an Ojuelegba bound bus from brown street@ Oshodi, On getting to Ojuelegba, board another bus to surulere n drop @ NYSC B/stop

1 Like

Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by lymelyte(m): 10:34am On Sep 18, 2014
For those using union bank, have the bank given you guys an account no?
Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by Nobody: 1:09pm On Sep 18, 2014
I greet Una. Is the thread gradually going into extinction?

1 Like

Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by lymelyte(m): 2:15pm On Sep 18, 2014
futuredangote: I greet Una. Is the thread gradually going into extinction?
i tire oo. Everybody don rest for dis Nysc matter. This is a lesson to those carrying Nysc in their head. Nysc is a joke and as such should not be taken seriously. See the way when dem dey use future leaders play.. angry
Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by mikedimeji(m): 4:23pm On Sep 18, 2014
lymelyte: For those using union bank, have the bank given you guys an account no?
Acc num? Yes now since last week. Haven't u gotten urs? Btw when did u open the Acc and which of the branch?
Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by mikedimeji(m): 4:24pm On Sep 18, 2014
spyme:

frm oshodi, walk towards d filling station(where they take mushin bus),u will get ojuelegba bus(150 naira)....wen u get to the last bus stop(under bridge)....walk towards the ending of d bridge (towards stadium bus stop)... take 100 bus to bode thomas, drop at secretariat bus stop...just before the junction with d traffic lights.... walk towards ur right(babs animashaun street)....keep walking till u get to nysc secretariat.
Thanks soo much this was very helpful today

1 Like

Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by mikedimeji(m): 4:25pm On Sep 18, 2014
I greet every body for this forum ooo. Abeg prixxy where are thou.
Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by yokiti: 5:01pm On Sep 18, 2014
This might be of help
MissIndependent: A friend of mine works there he asked me if I know any Corper with a degree in Computer Science/Engineering who is very good in almost all the computer packages especially Excel.

Requirements; Must be a fresh Batch B Corper/yet to get any placement. If you know you fit in to this category, PM me ASAP.

Please don't send me a PM if you are not qualified.

Deadline is tomorrow morning...because I will have to announce it in my CDS unit if I don't get anyone here.
www.nairaland.com/1909242/nysc-batch-b-corpers-needed

1 Like

Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by lymelyte(m): 5:31pm On Sep 18, 2014
mikedimeji:
Acc num? Yes now since last week. Haven't u gotten urs? Btw when did u open the Acc and which of the branch?
i opened d acc 1st week of September..
Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by Mannylex(m): 1:22pm On Sep 19, 2014
futuredangote: I greet Una. Is the thread gradually going into extinction?

The reason for this is because a bbm group was created and most of us converge there... I would try to speak with them there to try to visit here often. When this thread was in its peak, it was awesome.....

Have no fear; Mannylex is here
Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by yankeedudu01(m): 5:49pm On Sep 19, 2014
This thread must not die!
Re: Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) by modexechee(m): 7:28pm On Sep 19, 2014
Its already dead as far as that bbm group chat exits.... one comment in 2 days

(1) (2) (3) ... (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) ... (98) (Reply)

55 Things Nysc Members Should Not Leave Home Without! / My NYSC Experience In Kano State / Missing Corper Stephanie Se-Ember Terungwa Is Dead, Her Vital Parts Removed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.