Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,788 members, 7,820,761 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:06 PM

Why Did God Abandon Me? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did God Abandon Me? (3064 Views)

Why Did God Send Satan To Earth??? / Why Did God Have To ''Kill His Son''? / Did God Create Hell? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Did God Abandon Me? by argon500: 1:41pm On Jul 30, 2014
Do you think that God left you? I know that you may be experiencing a very bad mood now and I know that everything in your life may seem to be so dark but it’s time to ask yourself one question: is this really the truth, or is it just your incorrect perception that led you to think that God has left you?

Some people start to think that God abandoned them as soon as they experience a hard time. The moment bad things start to happen they blame God for them. But just think of it, what if this was intended to be a short down time followed by many good things?

What if God wanted to get you closer to him and so decided to send you some problems for few months? If you were just patient enough you would have discovered that this was intended to be a temporary period. What makes you think that god abandoned you is that you think that these problems are going to last forever!!

Be patient and don’t just think that you were abandoned few weeks or months after facing some problems because if those few months passed and then you discovered that things have changed to the better you will feel so embarrassed because you had such thoughts about God's deeds.

Joe was facing a real hard time. This month he lost his job and had a car accident that totaled his car. The only explanation he found for what’s happening was that God has abandoned him.

This is what happened from Joe’s perspective but when looking at what was actually happening things seem to be so different. The day Joe had the accident there was a robber waiting at the place he was going to in order to steal his car. This dangerous criminal was intending to kill the person he is going to rob and if Joe hadn't had the accident it would've been him! This means that Joe's accident was actually a stroke of luck! The accident totaled his car but saved his life.

Joe was feeling broken because he lost his job and had no other choice but to search for a new job. Few weeks later he found a higher paying job. Something he would never have found if he didn't lose his old job. His insecurity after losing his first job motivated him to find another job that turned out to be even better.

I could give you hundreds of similar examples but the moral would be the same: what if God was doing the better for you? It's just your lack of knowledge that‘s making you think that God left you while the truth is that God may be doing the best for you.

When we lose faith our subconscious minds demand solid proofs that supports our old beliefs. If we didn't manage to provide these beliefs we might lose faith forever.In my book "I Saw God" i explained how can scientific facts can provide these solid proofs to your mind.

If your belief in God was shaken then start to search for scientific facts that proves that we were created. These are the most powerful evidences you can provide to yourself and to others for proving God's existence.

God might want to bring you closer to him. He may be testing your faith or he may want you to develop empathy for others who suffer. There are hundreds of explanations for that but the only incorrect one is that he left you.
Re: Why Did God Abandon Me? by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jul 30, 2014
A son doesn't need faith to believe in the father. It is the duty of the father to make sure the child is emotionally,mentally and physical secured. A father who refuses to do that is either irresposible or dead.

Same applies to your God.

14 Likes

Re: Why Did God Abandon Me? by argon500: 2:40pm On Jul 30, 2014
fjj398ej
Re: Why Did God Abandon Me? by macsika: 2:40pm On Jul 30, 2014
Honestly... I'm going through hell right now
Re: Why Did God Abandon Me? by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jul 30, 2014
argon500: What are you insinuating?

I do not mean to hurt anyone,I'm only being honest. If a son is in trouble,his father(if available) should be there to bail him out at least. It is either you are calling on the wrong God who only cared about the Isrealis(supposly) or something is wrong somewhere.

As a human being,you should learn to be creative,independent and stop crying when you have difficulities.....LEARN TO FIND SOLUTIONS!

7 Likes

Re: Why Did God Abandon Me? by Nobody: 2:51pm On Jul 30, 2014
Your brain is meant for that.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did God Abandon Me? by argon500: 2:58pm On Jul 30, 2014
hhru3772d
Re: Why Did God Abandon Me? by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jul 30, 2014
argon500: Do you believe their is God?

I know there is no God. God is man's excuse for failure

4 Likes

Re: Why Did God Abandon Me? by argon500: 3:03pm On Jul 30, 2014
38hdbb
Re: Why Did God Abandon Me? by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jul 30, 2014
argon500: No wonder..

No wonder what? lol

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Abandon Me? by Nobody: 3:11pm On Jul 30, 2014
Difficulties will always come irrespective of our state in life. It matters not whether we are rich, poor, sick or healthy etc. The moment we stop facing the challenges life has to throw at us then that point marks the end of time for us.

Regardless of the challenges we face in life, God has in his infinite wisdom granted each of his children the means of sustenance. It is either he has granted us the grace to overcome the temptations we face or he has granted us the wherewithal to move from our present state of 'deprivation'.

God did not put us in this world without the tools needed to work and live very happy lives here on Earth. All that is needed is for each man to find that special, God-given, 'talent' and make use of it appropriately.

A lot of us complain and worry about very little things when the means to overcome whatever it is we are facing is just there before us. We can only blame ourselves for not using the means God has given. You can do so much to force a horse to the stream but you can't force it to drink.
Re: Why Did God Abandon Me? by Nobody: 3:15pm On Jul 30, 2014
Basically you just stated that God is not needed. Unless i did not get that correctly.

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Abandon Me? by argon500: 3:15pm On Jul 30, 2014
Re: Why Did God Abandon Me? by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jul 30, 2014
argon500: I was able to go through your post here and...... never mind

I believe their is God according to what we were told, but religion, No.. They are all fake

Whether there is God or not, you should be in charge of your life. I know life could be difficult sometimes but that is what makes being a human being exciting. The ability to creat problems and solve them.

Nature is harsh,doesn't owe us anything,it is up to us to survive or not. That brings the question about God....What is the importance of a God?

3 Likes

Re: Why Did God Abandon Me? by argon500: 3:25pm On Jul 30, 2014
euyw
Re: Why Did God Abandon Me? by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jul 30, 2014
argon500: Sure.. that is the mistake people are making.. There is another attack in Kano Poly today.. the boko haram, who do they claimed they called upon? is it not God.. Still some set of people will be saying we need to pray for God intervention.. Most religious people have been brainwashed.. Imagine a world without religion

That is why God is nothing but individual imaginations. I could give money to poor and they will say thank God! Meanwhile Boko harm will bomb a house full of people and also say thank God! It doesn't really make sense unless humans makes sense of it.

6 Likes

Re: Why Did God Abandon Me? by argon500: 3:33pm On Jul 30, 2014
uyyfd
Re: Why Did God Abandon Me? by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jul 30, 2014
argon500: Very funny. We could be friend if you don't mind

I do not mind.
Re: Why Did God Abandon Me? by argon500: 3:38pm On Jul 30, 2014
euu
Re: Why Did God Abandon Me? by Rilwayne001: 4:57pm On Jul 30, 2014
Qur'an 2:155 And We will surely test you with something of fear and hunger and a loss of wealth and lives and fruits, but give good tidings to the patient,
Re: Why Did God Abandon Me? by macof(m): 5:11pm On Jul 30, 2014
Tough times are only normal, like sickness, death even war and violence

The world works that way but look at the bright side, The universe works with balance.

As long as you got will and a good purpose, you are good to go

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Abandon Me? by Olusanya333(m): 7:51pm On Jul 30, 2014
One thing i know nd is certain nd we cannot escape is u and i will give account to God whom u pple are saying He does nt Exist.Till then
Re: Why Did God Abandon Me? by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jul 30, 2014
Olusanya333: One thing i know nd is certain nd we cannot escape is u and i will give account to God whom u pple are saying He does nt Exist.Till then

Inluding animals?

2 Likes

Re: Why Did God Abandon Me? by Nobody: 8:06pm On Jul 30, 2014
Olusanya333: One thing i know nd is certain nd we cannot escape is u and i will give account to God whom u pple are saying He does nt Exist.Till then

Inluding animals?

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Abandon Me? by GooseBaba: 8:57pm On Jul 30, 2014
So the bible god is a trickster...?

He constantly test you while you constantly accuse satan... Wahala dey ooo..

How will one differentiate god's testing of faith and satan testing..?

No wonder abrahmist are all confused, their god keeps playing tricks... grin grin never straight forward keeps speaking in parables...

And "God said"......smh.. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Why Did God Abandon Me? by Olusanya333(m): 9:07pm On Jul 30, 2014
ifeness:

Inluding animals?
Animals don't have Souls. And is dat y u quote me twice?
Re: Why Did God Abandon Me? by GooseBaba: 12:11am On Jul 31, 2014
Olusanya333: Animals don't have Souls. And is dat y u quote me twice?

Where is your proof that animals have no soul...?

3 Likes

Re: Why Did God Abandon Me? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 12:14am On Jul 31, 2014
argon500: What are you insinuating?

that you are an olodo.
Re: Why Did God Abandon Me? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 12:17am On Jul 31, 2014
striktlymi: Difficulties will always come irrespective of our state in life. It matters not whether we are rich, poor, sick or healthy etc. The moment we stop facing the challenges life has to throw at us then that point marks the end of time for us.

Regardless of the challenges we face in life, God has in his infinite wisdom granted each of his children the means of sustenance. It is either he has granted us the grace to overcome the temptations we face or he has granted us the wherewithal to move from our present state of 'deprivation'.

God did not put us in this world without the tools needed to work and live very happy lives here on Earth. All that is needed is for each man to find that special, God-given, 'talent' and make use of it appropriately.

A lot of us complain and worry about very little things when the means to overcome whatever it is we are facing is just there before us. We can only blame ourselves for not using the means God has given. You can do so much to force a horse to the stream but you can't force it to drink.

So we are on own then?
On se debrouille comme on peut?

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Abandon Me? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 12:18am On Jul 31, 2014
argon500: I was able to go through your post here and...... never mind

I believe their is God according to what we were told, but religion, No.. They are all fake

I believe you should have paid more attention in grammar class.

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Abandon Me? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 12:20am On Jul 31, 2014
argon500: Will send you a private message

ifeness be afraid. be very very afraid.

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Abandon Me? by Nobody: 4:19am On Jul 31, 2014
AlfaSeltzer:

So we are on own then?
On se debrouille comme on peut?

Comme je l'ai dit, Dieu nous a donné les outils pour notre subsistance.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Prophet T.B. Joshua Speaks Of Pope Francis Of The Catholic Church / How To Sustain The Abiding Presence Of God In Your Life / How I Wish Nijaz Could Do This For The Likes Of Oyedepo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.