Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,613 members, 7,809,245 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:36 AM

Kenyan Student Discovers Vaccine For Prevention Of HIV/AIDS Contraction? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Kenyan Student Discovers Vaccine For Prevention Of HIV/AIDS Contraction? (4419 Views)

World Aids Day As Celebrated In UNILORIN (Photos) / Shekarau Meets Commissioners Over Extension Of School Holiday (Ebola Prevention) / Unilorin Discovers New Anti- Malaria Compounds. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kenyan Student Discovers Vaccine For Prevention Of HIV/AIDS Contraction? by Philipmems(m): 11:18am On Jul 31, 2014
Zedric: i guess i will follow ur advice and not argue with u

Knew you were a smart kiddo so glad you learnt something day grin grin > grin grin
Re: Kenyan Student Discovers Vaccine For Prevention Of HIV/AIDS Contraction? by phillip001(m): 2:48pm On Jul 31, 2014
But in 9ja all we have is student cults
Re: Kenyan Student Discovers Vaccine For Prevention Of HIV/AIDS Contraction? by onitshaigbo(m): 8:17pm On Jul 31, 2014
bushdoc9919:

Whatever......so long as all has been done and it is proven to work...then thank God. Until then.....it is an unproven cure.

Note that I am not putting down anyone....I just want a real cure that would be able to stand up anywhere anytime.....not a cure that would be disgraced and lead to more uneccesary deaths.

It takes years to bring a drug into the market.

You're a self-hating African! If a Whiteman found the cure you'd've believed him. Smh for Africa when we have inferiority complex backstabbers like you.
Re: Kenyan Student Discovers Vaccine For Prevention Of HIV/AIDS Contraction? by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jul 31, 2014
onitshaigbo:

You're a self-hating African! If a Whiteman found the cure you'd've believed him. Smh for Africa when we have inferiority complex backstabbers like you.

Call me self hating ...all I am SAYING is that every new therapy on the market HAS to undergo some processes....not only to ensure the thing works but also tofind out things like acceptable dose,side effects, etc.

I work in the health care field BTW....and I know what I dey yarn.
Re: Kenyan Student Discovers Vaccine For Prevention Of HIV/AIDS Contraction? by onitshaigbo(m): 8:52pm On Jul 31, 2014
bushdoc9919:

Call me self hating ...all I am SAYING is that every new therapy on the market HAS to undergo some processes....not only to ensure the thing works but also tofind out things like acceptable dose,side effects, etc.

I work in the health care field BTW....and I know what I dey yarn.

Of course this cure will fail testing. Oyibos created HIV to kill Africans, do you think they will give approval to a cure? Think outside the box!
Re: Kenyan Student Discovers Vaccine For Prevention Of HIV/AIDS Contraction? by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jul 31, 2014
onitshaigbo:

Of course this cure will fail testing. Oyibos created HIV to kill Africans, do you think they will give approval to a cure? Think outside the box!

That is what you think.

At this point....this is where I have to say that you Nigerians must persuade your government to extravagantly fund education,so that we can do advanced HIV research in Africa and Nigeria in particular....especially the RCT'S,. invitro testing, etc....and manufacture the drugs in Nigeria.

But because we do not invest enough in education and in things like power and water supply....we cannot do the needed advanced research in such drugs....or even produce said drugs. Just now a vaccine for Malaria is in the pipeline...and guess what....it was developed abroad.

You Nigerians better MAKE your leaders work for your development.....instead of grumbling about how the whites treat you.But sadly, YOUR idea of development is sharing money.

Only industrialized societies make great discoveries....not oil sodden dutch diseased economies like Nigeria.
Re: Kenyan Student Discovers Vaccine For Prevention Of HIV/AIDS Contraction? by onitshaigbo(m): 9:05pm On Jul 31, 2014
bushdoc9919:

That is what you think.

At this point....this is where I have to say that you Nigerians must persuade your government to extravagantly fund education,so that we can do advanced HIV research in Africa and Nigeria in particular....especially the RCT'S,. invitro testing, etc....and manufacture the drugs in Nigeria.

But because we do not invest enough in education and in things like power and water supply....we cannot do the needed advanced research in such drugs....or even produce said drugs. Just now a vaccine for Malaria is in the pipeline...and guess what....it was developed abroad.

You Nigerians better MAKE your leaders work for your development.....instead of grumbling about how the whites treat you.But sadly, YOUR idea of development is sharing money.

Only industrialized societies make great discoveries....not oil sodden dutch diseased economies like Nigeria.

Wait, you're not Nigerian?
Re: Kenyan Student Discovers Vaccine For Prevention Of HIV/AIDS Contraction? by Nobody: 9:11pm On Jul 31, 2014
onitshaigbo:

Wait, you're not Nigerian?

I am a Nigerian....I use the term ''You Nigerians'' as a collective term for all Nigerians....including myself.

I hope you are understanding what I am saying.

All the drugs you are using when you fall sick........MOST of them underwent years of testing before they headed into the market. For example...I have a HIV drug....I first have to see how well it does invitro....then I do animal testing....then I do a phase 1 test(50 sick HIV positive patients)...then a phase 2 (100 HIV patients) then Phase 3 (compare and contrast activity of drug vs antiviral in a Randomized controlled trial....which involves as much as 10,000 patients....the Phase 4...to see how well the drug does in everyday use...plus look for side effects.)

And all these phases take ten to fifteen years....so you just do not announce a cure.

You see why I am saying that a cure HAS not been found yet?

And we can do all these advanced research if Minister Shekarau persuades GEJ to fund education with 30% of the budget...and if we have power and water plenty.
Re: Kenyan Student Discovers Vaccine For Prevention Of HIV/AIDS Contraction? by Fash20: 10:24pm On Jul 31, 2014
Sport 4 where? With that thing wea Mikel dey play.
onitshaigbo: There's nothing we Africans can't accomplish! Using all natural herbs when oyibos spend billions on chemical drugs, genius! Once again we blacks have proven to the world that we are the superior race. We dominate the arts, sports, and now science!
Re: Kenyan Student Discovers Vaccine For Prevention Of HIV/AIDS Contraction? by onitshaigbo(m): 10:59pm On Jul 31, 2014
Fash20: Sport 4 where? With that thing wea Mikel dey play.

Lebron James, Neymar, Usain Bolt, Tiger Woods. All na blackman.
Re: Kenyan Student Discovers Vaccine For Prevention Of HIV/AIDS Contraction? by hypeguy: 9:44pm On Dec 30, 2014

(1) (2) (Reply)

Covenant University Vice Chancellor Shares Beautiful Picture Senate Building / Edo Govt Revives Cultural Clubs In Public Schools / Statistics Of Applicants Applying For Each Course in FUNAAB Admission 2015/2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.