Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,627 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:09 PM

Ebola Cure? Nigeria Professor Research on treatment with Bitter Kola - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ebola Cure? Nigeria Professor Research on treatment with Bitter Kola (46866 Views)

Curing Leukaemia With HIV: Breakthough On Treatment For Cancer? / Facial Treatment With Live Snail / Cancer Treatment With Soursop Leaf (latest Invention) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ebola Cure? Nigeria Professor Research on treatment with Bitter Kola by fm7070: 4:39pm On Aug 01, 2014
this could be true.
they should intensify more on the research.
there is no disease without cure. It can only remain remain a problem when the solution is not yet known
God is perfect, He made all things perfect.
Ebola is in trouble, just like HIV, Cholera, Chicken pox, etc

3 Likes

Re: Ebola Cure? Nigeria Professor Research on treatment with Bitter Kola by alVinHustle: 4:39pm On Aug 01, 2014
Iwu needs to complete what he started, he may just salvage his already tarnished image.

2 Likes

Re: Ebola Cure? Nigeria Professor Research on treatment with Bitter Kola by 9jahubcom(m): 4:40pm On Aug 01, 2014
K
Re: Ebola Cure? Nigeria Professor Research on treatment with Bitter Kola by 9jahubcom(m): 4:40pm On Aug 01, 2014
alVinHustle: Iwu needs to complete what he started, he may just salvage his already tarnished image.
u serious o

1 Like

Re: Ebola Cure? Nigeria Professor Research on treatment with Bitter Kola by JohnieWalker(m): 4:40pm On Aug 01, 2014
Sometimes I can't rili figure out every scientific research must be accredited by US before it becomes accepted worldwide. Sum1 is trying to make headaway by subscribing a cure bt dis white folks are beefing

2 Likes

Re: Ebola Cure? Nigeria Professor Research on treatment with Bitter Kola by FutureDon(m): 4:41pm On Aug 01, 2014
EbolaGoingHam: I spent last night carrying out research on bitter kola too, but i didn't see anything because there wasn't a laboratory to carry out full experiment. i was just using my laptop

I did too, but found nothing insightful. If true, one would expect to see published papers or citations demonstrating its efficacy/replicability. In addition, one would expect a novel discovery as this one (if truly it is) to be published in high impact journal.

1 Like

Re: Ebola Cure? Nigeria Professor Research on treatment with Bitter Kola by Nobody: 4:42pm On Aug 01, 2014
Samgreguc:
y mst it b US Food and Drug Administration and not NAFDAC?

You didn't have to quote the entire post to ask your question...

4 Likes

Re: Ebola Cure? Nigeria Professor Research on treatment with Bitter Kola by youngds: 4:43pm On Aug 01, 2014
I hope this cure really works oh! Cus people are dying... cry cry May God protect us all (Amen)
Re: Ebola Cure? Nigeria Professor Research on treatment with Bitter Kola by whithawk(m): 4:45pm On Aug 01, 2014
Na new song cool
MrPresident1: What is Ebola? Is it the name of a new movie? undecided

Abi is it the latest game in town?

I keep hearing Ebola Ebola Ebola... wetin be Ebola undecided

grin
Re: Ebola Cure? Nigeria Professor Research on treatment with Bitter Kola by lastround(m): 4:47pm On Aug 01, 2014
You people should understand that nature is the greatest cure. What scientific evidence are you looking for. They will never approve it because it cannot be paten. The whole thing is just a game.

4 Likes

Re: Ebola Cure? Nigeria Professor Research on treatment with Bitter Kola by Nobody: 4:49pm On Aug 01, 2014
Whateva d situation maybe i went to d market today and got me some sacks of bittercola 4 consumption and some scientific gears 4 protection, na naija i dey so i am proactive, do same bro cuz its ETT. End time tinz

4 Likes

Re: Ebola Cure? Nigeria Professor Research on treatment with Bitter Kola by Nobody: 4:49pm On Aug 01, 2014
Whateva d situation maybe i went to d market today and got me some sacks of bittercola 4 consumption and some scientific gears 4 protection, na naija i dey so i am proactive, do same bro cuz its ETT. End time tinz, no lose ends
Re: Ebola Cure? Nigeria Professor Research on treatment with Bitter Kola by alotofgrace(m): 4:50pm On Aug 01, 2014
Samgreguc:
y mst it b US Food and Drug Administration and not NAFDAC?
must we even waot for the oyinbo to validate it?
if is solves it...so b it

1 Like

Re: Ebola Cure? Nigeria Professor Research on treatment with Bitter Kola by tbagjames(m): 4:50pm On Aug 01, 2014
With God, all things are possible

3 Likes

Re: Ebola Cure? Nigeria Professor Research on treatment with Bitter Kola by Opinedecandid(m): 4:50pm On Aug 01, 2014
We shall overcome

1 Like

Re: Ebola Cure? Nigeria Professor Research on treatment with Bitter Kola by EbolaGoingHam(m): 4:50pm On Aug 01, 2014
FutureDon:

I did too, but found nothing insightful. If true, one would expect to see published papers or citations demonstrating its efficacy/replicability. In addition, one would expect a novel discovery as this one (if truly it is) to be published in high impact journal.

Yes i get your point, at least bitter kola is every where, its not like a drug or anything. Was thinking by now they should have tried it in Liberia just to know the potency of the research. There is no need biting around the bush
Re: Ebola Cure? Nigeria Professor Research on treatment with Bitter Kola by ogbuchukwuemeka: 4:51pm On Aug 01, 2014
there is still hope
Re: Ebola Cure? Nigeria Professor Research on treatment with Bitter Kola by Kalvan: 4:53pm On Aug 01, 2014
That's one ugly modafucker.
Re: Ebola Cure? Nigeria Professor Research on treatment with Bitter Kola by Phonon: 4:54pm On Aug 01, 2014
See what happens to (supposedly) bright minds when they come work for the Nigerian Government in roles not related to their profession. Their greed/hunger/naivety make them lose their way. Maurice Iwu, Dora Akunyili, Reuben Abati,.........etc

*opens fridge, takes a bar of bitter kola candy, crunches it* grin

5 Likes

Re: Ebola Cure? Nigeria Professor Research on treatment with Bitter Kola by ogbuchukwuemeka: 4:55pm On Aug 01, 2014
Pennywise: Iwu is a fraud. Always been. He should be enjoying his INEC largese quietly rather than pretending to be an intellectual. A proper investigation of this man will cast doubt on the general perception of Nigeria as a sovereign country.
u are derailing from the topic

5 Likes

Re: Ebola Cure? Nigeria Professor Research on treatment with Bitter Kola by IYANGBALI: 4:55pm On Aug 01, 2014
MrPresident1: What is Ebola? Is it the name of a new movie? undecided

Abi is it the latest game in town?

I keep hearing Ebola Ebola Ebola... wetin be Ebola undecided

grin
its a nickname given to the breastts of a virgin girl,you wan suck?
Re: Ebola Cure? Nigeria Professor Research on treatment with Bitter Kola by Adyrin(m): 4:56pm On Aug 01, 2014
;DBiTter kola go come cost ehn.........
I think I would go into the exportion business now Ooº° [b][/b]

1 Like

Re: Ebola Cure? Nigeria Professor Research on treatment with Bitter Kola by pat077: 5:02pm On Aug 01, 2014
ojeffo: RUSHES OFF TO ORDER 12 RICE BAGS OF BITTER KOLA. ..AND EVEN MORE FOR POSSIBLE EXPORT TO LIBERIA...HEALTH AND CASH MAKING ON MY MIND...MEANWHILE I AM FROM ANAMBRA STATE
d virus is already in ur domain. Keep it, u may use it curing ur family and friends.

1 Like

Re: Ebola Cure? Nigeria Professor Research on treatment with Bitter Kola by Mayydayy(m): 5:03pm On Aug 01, 2014
this is d problem with an African man.had it been that a white man with PROF at d end of his name had discovered this
Re: Ebola Cure? Nigeria Professor Research on treatment with Bitter Kola by Nobody: 5:04pm On Aug 01, 2014
Well,have read the article.....and the reason why it isn't a cure is simple

[size=22pt]It has not yet undergone phase 3 testing in humans, talkless of animal testing.[/size]

Before any drug can be used....itmust undergo animal testing.....which it has not undergone yet....then human testing in phases...phase 1,2 and 3.

Now the aim is to get the drug into phase 3 testing....a process which could take years.....and which is fraught with ethical issues. Explaining further....a phase 3 trial would involve comparing the drug vs placebo in a large groupofatients (half on new drug,half on fake drug) But if the drug works.....then what about all those who died ?

Also for the drug to be a cure...it must do one thing

[size=22pt]Clear Ebola from all organs and tissue and plasma in the body.[/size]

So,to cut a long story short....Prof Iwu's work is promising....but until it has undergone satisfactory animal and human testing....it isnot a cure yet.

A brief summary of how drugs are developed

5 Likes

Re: Ebola Cure? Nigeria Professor Research on treatment with Bitter Kola by xynerise: 5:04pm On Aug 01, 2014
Time to switch to bitter kola business...... just incase grin

1 Like

Re: Ebola Cure? Nigeria Professor Research on treatment with Bitter Kola by onyeuka: 5:06pm On Aug 01, 2014
Hmmm iwu again?
Re: Ebola Cure? Nigeria Professor Research on treatment with Bitter Kola by Adesam01(m): 5:08pm On Aug 01, 2014
FutureDon:

I checked online and I saw some of his publications! He recently published the second edition of his book "Handbook of African Medicinal Plants" with Taylor and Francis group (CRC Press) and the book has over 900 citations, I saw the preview on Google books.

I feel his works are quite impressive.
http://scholar.google.com/scholar?hl=en&q=Maurice+M.+Iwu+&btnG=&as_sdt=1%2C5&as_sdtp=

2 Likes

Re: Ebola Cure? Nigeria Professor Research on treatment with Bitter Kola by RichDad1(m): 5:10pm On Aug 01, 2014
Guys, it's time for bitter kola chopping spree. Lol #donttakechances #itsfree

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

10 Bad Habits That Damages The Brain (picture) / Autopsy: See What An Expectant Mother Said That Got People Talking / Prisoner Who Gave Birth To Twin Dies In Calabar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.