Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,633 members, 7,820,223 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:44 AM

Nigerian Actors & Actresses Who Now Sing - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Nigerian Actors & Actresses Who Now Sing (19628 Views)

Aspiring Actors & Actresses Turn Out For Dagrin Movie Audition / Can You Sing Your National Anthem Or Recite Your Nationl Pledge / Singers That Really Can't Sing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Actors & Actresses Who Now Sing by layi(m): 12:12pm On Sep 17, 2005
The list is increasing. Actors/actress who now sing:

- Mr Hollywood
- Ramsey Noah
- Segun Arinze (used to sing before acting though - he's got a good voice)
- Desmond Elliot
- Stella Damasus (she's leaving out the surname Aboderin)
- Omotola
- Genny <translation: Genevieve Nnaji>
- Saheed Balogun
- Bobby Micheals
Re: Nigerian Actors & Actresses Who Now Sing by Scorpio(f): 5:05pm On Sep 17, 2005
Desmond Elliot too! shocked Didn't know that; do you have a link to anyone of his songs?
Re: Nigerian Actors & Actresses Who Now Sing by queen2(f): 6:00pm On Sep 17, 2005
Zack Orji
Re: Nigerian Actors & Actresses Who Now Sing by Seun(m): 6:02pm On Sep 17, 2005
I know that the Genevieve Nnaji Video (a single) is titled 'No More'. What are the albums or singles of the other Actors turned musicians titled?
Re: Nigerian Actors & Actresses Who Now Sing by hipcaramel(f): 7:05pm On Sep 17, 2005
layi:

- Mr Hollywood
- Ramsey Noah
- Desmond Elliot
- Stella Damascus (she's leaving out the surname Aboderin)
- Omotola
- Saheed Balogun
- Bobby Michaels
who is Mr. Hollywood?
Re: Nigerian Actors & Actresses Who Now Sing by layi(m): 7:25pm On Sep 17, 2005
hipcaramel:

who is Mr. Hollywood?
I think He's Ifeanyi Ikpoenyi....not 100% sure though

Ramsey waz featured in about 2 songs
Desmond did a sound track and also video for the sountrack. He's into singin as well
Omotola and Segun's album are still in the Pipe Line
Bobby Micheals has a single on air titlled "in the eyes of a child"
Stella and Saheed hav got singles on air
Genny's album was produced & released in ghana..not my type of songs

Among these lots i'll give it up to Omotola and Segun. I think they are good. I've heard them sing..very wonderful wink
Re: Nigerian Actors & Actresses Who Now Sing by angelak(f): 12:07pm On Sep 19, 2005
I wish people knew their limits!
Re: Nigerian Actors & Actresses Who Now Sing by fabian(f): 4:14pm On Sep 19, 2005
@ Layi, pls gimme links to these songs, I';ve only heard no more by Genny and i quite like it!
Re: Nigerian Actors & Actresses Who Now Sing by hotangel2(f): 4:21pm On Sep 19, 2005
This is ridiculous. Arrant Nonsense!!!!!! angry angry angry

So they r tired of acting now it's music. The most annoying part is that Their songs SUCK! if they sang good, i wouldnt be mad at them. I mean if listening to thousands of car honks, is better than genny song, I wonder wat she's singing. angry
Re: Nigerian Actors & Actresses Who Now Sing by fabian(f): 9:48am On Sep 20, 2005
Went home yesterday and guess what I saw
It was NKEM OWOH on T.V, singing! Can you imagine?
The lyrix went like this:
OBASANJO nah my papa
NATIONAL STADIUM nah me build am
NATIONAL THEATRE na me get am
I go give you de contract
Just give me some money for the Contract
419, na my occupation
bla bla bla

Its basically a 419 song and it was quite funny.
Rated: grin grin grin  average
Re: Nigerian Actors & Actresses Who Now Sing by layi(m): 11:29am On Sep 20, 2005
@fabian

The EFCC is really out to ban that song. We might not hear it on radio again because they said its glamorizing 419. True nkem was actually doing so in d song. Amazing shocked
Re: Nigerian Actors & Actresses Who Now Sing by fabian(f): 11:42am On Sep 20, 2005
That was original! Why do they want to do that na wah for EFCC oh! Me, I likey the song!
Re: Nigerian Actors & Actresses Who Now Sing by queen2(f): 6:22pm On Sep 20, 2005
The song is kinda of funny cheesy
Re: Nigerian Actors & Actresses Who Now Sing by queen2(f): 12:22am On Sep 21, 2005
layi:

I think He's[b] Ifeanyi Ikpoenyi[/b].not 100% sure though

yeah, he is
Re: Nigerian Actors & Actresses Who Now Sing by queen2(f): 12:24am On Sep 21, 2005
layi:

- Mr Hollywood
- Ramsey Noah
- Desmond Elliot
- Stella Damasus (she's leaving out the surname Aboderin)
- Omotola
- Saheed Balogun
- Bobby Micheals

Rita Edochie
Re: Nigerian Actors & Actresses Who Now Sing by toksie(f): 2:36pm On Sep 24, 2005
Not much to say on this subject smiley

In my own opinion, from this list, I personally give Stella Damascus thumbs up because she is a great singer. I have heard and seen her sing now she can definitely be refered to as a singer/musician whatever.

Saheed Balogun is alright too but i thought he only sings yoruba fuji songs. if anyone buys ramsey noah's album it would probably be for his looks he is so overated and arrogant saw in a club in the UK and he just acted like he was the nigerian president cheesy (if he was heaven help us).

Genny is cool she can act in all fairness to her. I have not heard her sing but I am sure whatever she does she will be aight. Saw at 11:45 night club when I was in Nigeria last; she is a really sweet girl (down-to-earth). Good luck to her.
Re: Nigerian Actors & Actresses Who Now Sing by bagoma(f): 11:51pm On Sep 30, 2005
The list is growing longer by the day. Na wa o.

Why do Nigerians have this follow-follow attitude? So they all suddenly realise they can sing? Or has somebody hinted them that singing and acting are co-joined twins?

God save us from horrible musicians like genevieve, nkem owoh, ramsey etc. Is it by force, eh? angry
Re: Nigerian Actors & Actresses Who Now Sing by Benny: 6:12pm On Oct 03, 2005
God help us. The funniest of all is that of Segun Arinze getting into the stuff. Well, i guess Nigerians need to be careful. I won't be in anyway surprised if our President gets into the music industry grin
Re: Nigerian Actors & Actresses Who Now Sing by Scorpio(f): 1:07am On Oct 04, 2005
I know Segun's been in d music industry for a while now, so i'm really not surprised. I'm more surprised at Desmond Elliot, if he's voice is d same as what i heard in ''Games women play', i would really be crushed.
Re: Nigerian Actors & Actresses Who Now Sing by layi(m): 10:08am On Oct 04, 2005
@Bagoma.
U r right. Its the folow-follow syndrome.
They just want to copy Hollywood. Or how best can one explain "Nollywood" (the name they gave themselves)?
God Help us.

@Benny
If OBJ switches to music...then we r in trouble in this country. A pyscho leading us. I'll relocate to togo with immediate effect.
Re: Nigerian Actors & Actresses Who Now Sing by Scorpio(f): 1:48pm On Oct 04, 2005
cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigerian Actors & Actresses Who Now Sing by bagoma(f): 10:08pm On Oct 04, 2005
Guys, dont u think its time charlie boy ( PMAN ) saved us from this horror. i meam, he should borrow a leaf from the movie marketers and place embargo on them o. they are about to hijjack d industry. (abi them don take off with the plane already?) is too late?
Re: Nigerian Actors & Actresses Who Now Sing by layi(m): 10:07am On Oct 05, 2005
Omotola's album finally dropped today. She's good. Trust me wink. I'll try get more info from her producers and get back at y'all.
Re: Nigerian Actors & Actresses Who Now Sing by Scorpio(f): 5:25pm On Oct 05, 2005
Can u get us a link too, pls? smiley
Re: Nigerian Actors & Actresses Who Now Sing by queen2(f): 10:30pm On Oct 05, 2005
Oh yea good i want to hear her song grin
Re: Nigerian Actors & Actresses Who Now Sing by hotangel2(f): 12:10am On Oct 06, 2005
Aww omotola i wanna hear her song! Why dont they put the songs on their websites? Why do they have the website if they won't update their fans? Nonsense!
Re: Nigerian Actors & Actresses Who Now Sing by ocho(f): 10:47pm On Oct 11, 2005
hey all,
I recently heared Genevive Nnaji sings too, but i haven't heard any of her songs though and i was wondering how good they are. At least, it's nice to see that they are developing their talents, i mean why else did God give it to them!
Re: Nigerian Actors & Actresses Who Now Sing by ocho(f): 10:51pm On Oct 11, 2005
oh, So the cute Desmond sings too? interesting! And Segun? wow! it sounds quite suprising but if anyonwe knows a website where i can get these songs, please be a sweetie and let me know. thank you!
Re: Nigerian Actors & Actresses Who Now Sing by sexylady1(f): 4:06pm On Oct 15, 2005
grin cheesy cheesy cheesy Bagoma, Benny and Layi u guys are funny
Re: Nigerian Actors & Actresses Who Now Sing by sexylady1(f): 4:08pm On Oct 15, 2005
U guys have to include me to that list cos i sing as well and am in nollywood
Re: Nigerian Actors & Actresses Who Now Sing by layi(m): 4:47pm On Oct 15, 2005
What film home video did u act in and what song have u released ? Abi u r tryin to join our club (funny pips)
Re: Nigerian Actors & Actresses Who Now Sing by senato(m): 2:23pm On Oct 20, 2005
This thing na real craziness, but they r on their own, sooner now Tuface, Eedris Abdulkareem and many musical artiste will join d nollywood family when they discover thier film acting talents. She I lie Layi? Tit 4 tat.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

P-square-"do Me" / D'banj - Top Of The World / NEW MUSIC : Wizkid Ft Rihanna - "SWEET"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.