Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,671 members, 7,862,089 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 08:24 AM

2015: Mass Rally For Jonathan ill-timed – ACF - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015: Mass Rally For Jonathan ill-timed – ACF (702 Views)

Biafra Agitation: Arewa Youths Write ACF, NEF / Americans, Yoruba In Dallas Rally For Dr Ariyo / Sportsmen & Women Solidarity Rally For President Jonathan (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2015: Mass Rally For Jonathan ill-timed – ACF by Descartes: 1:58am On Jul 31, 2014
BY NOAH EBIJE, KADUNA ON JULY 31, 2014 · POLITICS
The Arewa Consultative Forum (ACF) yesterday kicked against the pro­posed Niger Delta youth rally slated for today in Abuja to support President Goodluck Jonathan’s 2015 re-election bid.

A statement issued by the National Publicity Secretary, Muhammad Ibrahim, said the rally was ill-timed and ill-advised, considering the current security challenges facing the country, particularly the North.

However, the ACF said if the solidarity rally must hold, the authorities should ensure that such event is properly guided to avoid any likely security breaches.

The ACF said the mass movement of Nigerians from other parts of the country into Abuja at the time of the rally might cause security breaches and possibly be hijacked by hoodlums to wreak havoc including likely death and loss of property. Furthermore, such mass demonstration by some youths from certain sections of the country may portray them as insensitive to the plight of other Nigerians that have been under siege by terror attacks.

“In as much as ACF is not against any peaceful rally or solidarity march by any group of persons in support of Mr. President or any cause, however, considering the insecurity in the country and in particular, the northern region, where there have been a spate of bomb blasts and attacks on innocent Nigerians.  The forum considered it as ill-timed, ill-advised and a disregard to the feelings of other Nigerians affected by the insecurity challenges.

“In view of this, ACF advises the authorities to ensure that such solidarity demonstrations are properly guided to avoid any likely security breaches. ACF equally appealed to the demonstrators to exercise caution and restrain in their utterances and actions in order not to insult the sensibilities of other Nigerians.

“ACF calls on supporters of Mr. President wherever they are, to express such love and solidarity to Mr. President in their various domains rather than mass movement to Abuja, the federal capital,” the statement said.
http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=74601
Re: 2015: Mass Rally For Jonathan ill-timed – ACF by Sirmee(m): 3:13am On Jul 31, 2014
I hope they heed to the simple advice rather than disregarding the message and the messenger
Re: 2015: Mass Rally For Jonathan ill-timed – ACF by Dreal1247: 3:55am On Jul 31, 2014
Well articulated diplomatic way of showing ur hatred for the rally. But if it is Buhari or his group members, it should have been the other way sound. Nigerians have understood the game plans of the northerners and so are no longer troubled about these statements, hence this unconfrontational pattern. That is getting matured by force. Its a good development.
Re: 2015: Mass Rally For Jonathan ill-timed – ACF by Nobody: 5:29am On Jul 31, 2014
Useless Northern I+D+I+O+T+S.
Ranting of a A Dying REGION THAT DESTROYED EVERYTHING IN NIGERIA.
These people should know that they have eating their cake and can never have it back.

Bye bye to ISLAMIC RULE IN NIGERIA.
GEJ TILL JESUS COMES.
PDP-POWER.
Re: 2015: Mass Rally For Jonathan ill-timed – ACF by Nobody: 5:29am On Jul 31, 2014
Rantings of a A Dying REGION THAT DESTROYED EVERYTHING IN NIGERIA.
These people should know that they have eating their cake and can never have it back.

GEJ TILL JESUS COMES.
PDP-POWER.
Re: 2015: Mass Rally For Jonathan ill-timed – ACF by Nobody: 5:31am On Jul 31, 2014
Iresponsible Rantings of A Dying REGION THAT DESTROYED EVERYTHING GOOD IN NIGERIA.

GEJ TILL JESUS COMES.
PDP-POWER.
Re: 2015: Mass Rally For Jonathan ill-timed – ACF by SamIkenna: 6:53am On Jul 31, 2014
Lol! ACF is a joke. I guess Zakzaky's Shia/Quds protest rally was not insensitive to the plight of Northern victims of Boko Haram. Nigeria is in real deep trouble with these fellas. These so-called core northerners have never for once protested against the killing of any section of Nigeria. Just check our history, you'll see that core north always supported and/or benefited from the slaughter of other sections of Nigeria. They've never protested any injustice perpetrated on any other section, never in our history. However, they're always quick to protest events outside Nigerian shores no matter how inconsequential the event is. Today they're lecturing us on sensitivity. They're telling us to 'mind our utterances.' What a load of BS. Bugaje, Junaid, and Ango have been entertaining us for over 3 years with unimaginable utterances without Afenifere or Ohaneze raising any eyebrow.
Re: 2015: Mass Rally For Jonathan ill-timed – ACF by Reptyle(m): 8:52am On Jul 31, 2014
It is a shame how every serious issue in this country is reduced to a PDP vs APC argument or a PRO-GEJ vs ANTI-GEJ discourse.

A rally of the magnitude planned by this youths to hold in ABuja is ill-advised at a time like this. I hope they see reason and either postpone it or hold it in a safer state.

The rally does not have to hold in Abuja for it to make the necessary point that they support GEJ and want him to run in next year's elections.

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News.5 people were killed at OUK home town / Civil Defence Boss Escapes Assassination / Aftermath Of Revelations From Stephen Davis - Is Jonathan Still BH Sponsor?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.