Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,828 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:39 PM

The Kenwood Potato Peeler Versus Hand Peeling - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / The Kenwood Potato Peeler Versus Hand Peeling (3894 Views)

Big Size Kenwood Cake Mixer / Century Juice Extractor Or Kenwood Juice Extractor / Kenwood Or Binatone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Kenwood Potato Peeler Versus Hand Peeling by marylandcakes: 1:07pm On Jul 31, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkybh8uXnQU

How to use the Kenwood potato peeler attachment.

My personal review for those of you that are thinking of getting one.

Open up the lid by pulling up the two clips on the sides.

I'm giving mine a rinse because I have just finished using it for carrots. Fill the bowl half way with cold water, Place your potatoes in, cut up the ones that are too big or else this may cause the cover to pen up frequently. Place lid back on and clip both sides, Place bowl in the bowl section of your middleloKenwood mixer and make sure the top knob goes into the hole in the plastic part. switch on the controls and turn control setting to minimum.

If at any point the lid open push it back gently, you will notice that the water becomes dirty with the skin debris if you leave it longer the potatoes gets smaller. You will notice that I didn't take out the blackheads this was deliberate, to show that the these need to be taken out manually. Once you are done switch off controls and empty out the dirty water or if you have a compost mix you can pour it in.

The peeler is easy to wash just rinse it out under the tap and its ready to be used for the next time.

For me the advantage of using the peeler is that I can use it for my root vegetables and I can leave it and get on doing other things.

The only disadvantage for me is that it doesn't get rid of the black heads but I don't know of any other potato peeler that does and it can be a bit slow.

The bottom line is that it saves you the job of peeling potatoes and it gives you lovely roast potatoes with a nice fluffy texture.

Thanks for watching and don't forget to subscribe to my channel.
Re: The Kenwood Potato Peeler Versus Hand Peeling by marylandcakes: 6:23pm On Jul 31, 2014
Re: The Kenwood Potato Peeler Versus Hand Peeling by Rubyventures: 2:32pm On Aug 01, 2014
nice one
Re: The Kenwood Potato Peeler Versus Hand Peeling by marylandcakes: 10:26pm On Aug 01, 2014
Thanks
Re: The Kenwood Potato Peeler Versus Hand Peeling by marylandcakes: 12:08am On Feb 02, 2015
Happy new month. February the month of love .
Re: The Kenwood Potato Peeler Versus Hand Peeling by Rubyventures: 1:02pm On Jul 08, 2015
Depends on how busy I am
Re: The Kenwood Potato Peeler Versus Hand Peeling by aydelicious: 7:55pm On Jul 10, 2015
marylandcakes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkybh8uXnQU

How to use the Kenwood potato peeler attachment.

My personal review for those of you that are thinking of getting one.

Open up the lid by pulling up the two clips on the sides.

I'm giving mine a rinse because I have just finished using it for carrots. Fill the bowl half way with cold water, Place your potatoes in, cut up the ones that are too big or else this may cause the cover to pen up frequently. Place lid back on and clip both sides, Place bowl in the bowl section of your middleloKenwood mixer and make sure the top knob goes into the hole in the plastic part. switch on the controls and turn control setting to minimum.

If at any point the lid open push it back gently, you will notice that the water becomes dirty with the skin debris if you leave it longer the potatoes gets smaller. You will notice that I didn't take out the blackheads this was deliberate, to show that the these need to be taken out manually. Once you are done switch off controls and empty out the dirty water or if you have a compost mix you can pour it in.

The peeler is easy to wash just rinse it out under the tap and its ready to be used for the next time.

For me the advantage of using the peeler is that I can use it for my root vegetables and I can leave it and get on doing other things.

The only disadvantage for me is that it doesn't get rid of the black heads but I don't know of any other potato peeler that does and it can be a bit slow.

The bottom line is that it saves you the job of peeling potatoes and it gives you lovely roast potatoes with a nice fluffy texture.

Thanks for watching and don't forget to subscribe to my channel.
sorry it is for sell
Re: The Kenwood Potato Peeler Versus Hand Peeling by marylandcakes: 6:59am On Jul 11, 2015
aydelicious:

sorry it is for sell

You've lost me, I don't understand your question?
Re: The Kenwood Potato Peeler Versus Hand Peeling by aydelicious: 7:54am On Jul 11, 2015
marylandcakes:

okay ,if I want to get this product,how can I get it.
Re: The Kenwood Potato Peeler Versus Hand Peeling by aydelicious: 7:55am On Jul 11, 2015
marylandcakes:

okay ,if I want to get this product,how can I get it.
Re: The Kenwood Potato Peeler Versus Hand Peeling by marylandcakes: 8:07am On Jul 11, 2015
I have no idea how you can get it in Nigeria, but in the UK it is about £450.
Re: The Kenwood Potato Peeler Versus Hand Peeling by aydelicious: 8:25am On Jul 11, 2015
marylandcakes:
I have no idea how you can get it in Nigeria, but in the UK it is about £450.
okay then are you still in UK now?
Re: The Kenwood Potato Peeler Versus Hand Peeling by marylandcakes: 8:50am On Jul 11, 2015
aydelicious:

okay then are you still in UK now?

Yes ,
Re: The Kenwood Potato Peeler Versus Hand Peeling by aydelicious: 9:00am On Jul 11, 2015
marylandcakes:

Yes ,
good but how much this £450 will be come, if we want to convert it to Nigeria money.
Re: The Kenwood Potato Peeler Versus Hand Peeling by marylandcakes: 9:07am On Jul 11, 2015
aydelicious:

good but how much this £450 will be come, if we want to convert it to Nigeria money.

Naira is about 330 to the pound (last week)
Re: The Kenwood Potato Peeler Versus Hand Peeling by marylandcakes: 9:10am On Jul 11, 2015
Re: The Kenwood Potato Peeler Versus Hand Peeling by aydelicious: 9:20am On Jul 11, 2015
marylandcakes:

Naira is about 330 to the pound (last week)
hhhmmmmmm,but if i want to get this product,can you get it for me? And send it to Nigeria.
Re: The Kenwood Potato Peeler Versus Hand Peeling by marylandcakes: 12:44pm On Jul 11, 2015
I will have to think about it and get back to you. In the meantime if you know someone who comes regularly you can try and get in touch with the person. Where are you based?
Re: The Kenwood Potato Peeler Versus Hand Peeling by aydelicious: 1:30pm On Jul 11, 2015
marylandcakes:
I will have to think about it and get back to you. In the meantime if you know someone who comes regularly you can try and get in touch with the person. Where are you based?
alright and thanks for the time you gave to me out of your time,I based in Lagos State in Nigeria.
Re: The Kenwood Potato Peeler Versus Hand Peeling by marylandcakes: 4:14pm On Jul 19, 2015
aydelicious:

alright and thanks for the time you gave to me out of your time,I based in Lagos State in Nigeria.

Sorry for the late response, I have weighed all the pros and cons and I will not be able to send it to you in Nigeria. Some of my reasons are

The security of the product, I just can deal with the stress of Nigerian red tape
The price has changed for this brand it will cost you about £600.
It is bulky so the shipping fees are high at least £150.

Maybe if you have someone that can bring it for you then I can buy it for you.

In the meantime you can check the nesbitt website . (hope I got the spelling right?)
Re: The Kenwood Potato Peeler Versus Hand Peeling by aydelicious: 1:04pm On Jul 20, 2015
marylandcakes:

Sorry for the late response, I have weighed all the pros and cons and I will not be able to send it to you in Nigeria. Some of my reasons are

The security of the product, I just can deal with the stress of Nigerian red tape
The price has changed for this brand it will cost you about £600.
It is bulky so the shipping fees are high at least £150.

Maybe if you have someone that can bring it for you then I can buy it for you.

In the meantime you can check the nesbitt website . (hope I got the spelling right?)
alright then and
thanks for the consign ,I will think what I can do to get it but don't worry yourself,okay! ?
Re: The Kenwood Potato Peeler Versus Hand Peeling by marylandcakes: 6:59pm On Jul 20, 2015
aydelicious:

alright then and
thanks for the consign ,I will think what I can do to get it but don't worry yourself,okay! ?

Okay thanks. Goodluck
Re: The Kenwood Potato Peeler Versus Hand Peeling by Rubyventures: 5:39pm On Dec 02, 2015
grin

(1) (Reply)

Oats! Oats! Oats! Oat Meal Lovers, Get In Here.. / Recipe For Pepper Soup / Catering School In Abeokuta Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.