Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,745 members, 7,820,570 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:19 PM

Pro-jonathan Groups Shelve Rally - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pro-jonathan Groups Shelve Rally (16197 Views)

Pro-jonathan Elements Behind Renewed Agitation For Biafra - Senator Sani / How Jonathan,Governors,Service Chiefs Prevailed On Tompolo To Shelve Meeting / N’delta Govs Beg Tompolo To Shelve Ex- Militants’ Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pro-jonathan Groups Shelve Rally by Eldavido1: 3:48pm On Jul 31, 2014
Sympathises with victims of insurgency attacks
Onyebuchi Ezigbo

The planned one million- youth solidarity rally in support of President Goodluck Jonathan has been postponed in reverence to the mood of the nation after the flurry of fatal attacks by the insurgents in three states of Kano, Yobe and Borno.

The youth rally planned under the auspices of the Jonathan Youth Vanguard and Niger Delta Youth Leaders Council (NDYLC) is said involve over 500 other pro-Jonathan support groups and organisations around the country with the aim of assembling about one million youths that are in support of Jonathan's 2015 re-election bid.

However, despite adequate security measures put in place which saw increased presence of security forces, mostly military men stationed at strategic entry points and locations within the city, the promoters were prevailed upon at the last minute to suspend the youth solidarity rally.

It was gathered that the Arewa Consultative Forum (ACF) had expressed its reservations over the holding of the mass rally, urging the northern youths not to participate.

Addressing Journalists on Thursday in Abuja on the reason for shelving the mass rally, the patron of the (NDYLC), Mr. George Turnah explained that representatives of Jonathan youth support groups nationwide met and resolved to defer the rally in sympathy for those who suffered losses during recent Boko Haram attacks in some northern states.

Details to follow

www.thisdaylive.com/articles/pro-jonathan-groups-shelve-rally/185015/

5 Likes

Re: Pro-jonathan Groups Shelve Rally by size38: 3:50pm On Jul 31, 2014
Useless people

75 Likes

Re: Pro-jonathan Groups Shelve Rally by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jul 31, 2014
Hit like if you are here to read comments

77 Likes

Re: Pro-jonathan Groups Shelve Rally by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jul 31, 2014
Gbn

25 Likes

Re: Pro-jonathan Groups Shelve Rally by Adenugay(m): 3:58pm On Jul 31, 2014
OKk oooo

EXPOSED! Nigerian Military Chopper That Crashed Was Used By Boko Haram Terrorists
>>>> http://www./entertainment/exposed-nigerian-military-chopper-crashed-used-boko-haram-terrorists/

Genevieve Nnaji Lesbian Saga Has Affected Me ––Actress Ella
>>> http://www./entertainment/genevieve-nnaji-lesbian/

1 Like

Re: Pro-jonathan Groups Shelve Rally by Eldavido1: 3:58pm On Jul 31, 2014
Atleast the responded to the voice of reason! or is it fear of ACF?

3 Likes

Re: Pro-jonathan Groups Shelve Rally by bignene(m): 3:59pm On Jul 31, 2014
4th to comment.i will be first to comment some day,pls hit like if u beliv so

1 Like

Re: Pro-jonathan Groups Shelve Rally by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jul 31, 2014
abacha one million match in making.......... JEG, dey dance countinously........ we dey your back.............JEG util 2099..........

uummm... what were the results?

I think this is the aim of TAN deceiving people to register to collect 50K in other to support president ....Goodluck to them.

14 Likes

Re: Pro-jonathan Groups Shelve Rally by MadCow1: 4:00pm On Jul 31, 2014
why?
Re: Pro-jonathan Groups Shelve Rally by Forzap: 4:00pm On Jul 31, 2014
Fresh air till 2019 jare grin cheesy

12 Likes

Re: Pro-jonathan Groups Shelve Rally by Demdem(m): 4:00pm On Jul 31, 2014
Only irredeemable fools still talk about the continuation of Egbere Jonathan in power.

64 Likes

Re: Pro-jonathan Groups Shelve Rally by psychologist(m): 4:00pm On Jul 31, 2014
Uncle joh till Tinubu deflect to pdp grin

6 Likes

Re: Pro-jonathan Groups Shelve Rally by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jul 31, 2014
hehehe grin

1 Like

Re: Pro-jonathan Groups Shelve Rally by calddon(m): 4:01pm On Jul 31, 2014
i trust nairaland critics, more insult to follow grin lipsrsealed grin

1 Like

Re: Pro-jonathan Groups Shelve Rally by Yeeyo: 4:01pm On Jul 31, 2014
Correct
Re: Pro-jonathan Groups Shelve Rally by godofwar666(m): 4:01pm On Jul 31, 2014
GEJ the with so many attachment.....

1 Like

Re: Pro-jonathan Groups Shelve Rally by dridowu: 4:02pm On Jul 31, 2014
Ok

1 Like

Re: Pro-jonathan Groups Shelve Rally by mascot87(m): 4:02pm On Jul 31, 2014
bignene: 4th to comment.i will be first to comment some day,pls hit like if u beliv so

God only knows what d problem is with u people.mtw

5 Likes

Re: Pro-jonathan Groups Shelve Rally by OkikiOluwa1(m): 4:02pm On Jul 31, 2014
Ok. We don hear
Re: Pro-jonathan Groups Shelve Rally by retepmurt(m): 4:02pm On Jul 31, 2014
They wan share jonathan rices and kerosenes.Pls let me know the new date o.

25 Likes

Re: Pro-jonathan Groups Shelve Rally by Canme4u(m): 4:03pm On Jul 31, 2014
I was here.
Re: Pro-jonathan Groups Shelve Rally by obailala(m): 4:04pm On Jul 31, 2014
1 million Nigerian youths solidarity rally in support of charlatans and fraudsters... I am sure when conducted, more than 2 million persons will turn out including 50 years old youths... Another scary pointer to the prevalent joblessness and hopelessness the nation faces.

19 Likes

Re: Pro-jonathan Groups Shelve Rally by metorichmond(m): 4:06pm On Jul 31, 2014
TEKE!
Re: Pro-jonathan Groups Shelve Rally by rutibaby(f): 4:06pm On Jul 31, 2014
Those youths dat went 4 d rally don't they have a brighter future & have something meaningful 2 do wit their lives.

Y can't this politicians children join d rally.

I can't imagine myself doing dat, in a country where death is a normal day routine.

Pls, my fellow youths lets think of serving God & doing something meaningful wit our lives.
THANKS.

17 Likes

Re: Pro-jonathan Groups Shelve Rally by Olusharp(m): 4:07pm On Jul 31, 2014
Re: Pro-jonathan Groups Shelve Rally by superior1: 4:07pm On Jul 31, 2014
Clueless things

1 Like

Re: Pro-jonathan Groups Shelve Rally by obailala(m): 4:07pm On Jul 31, 2014
Demdem: Only irredeemable fools still talk about the continuation of Egbere Jonathan in power.

To set the record straight, Nigerians are irredeemable by nature... Even if Jonathan leaves and a worse person takes over, our youths, adults and aged will still roll out en mass to worship the new cretin

21 Likes

Re: Pro-jonathan Groups Shelve Rally by jakiedudu(m): 4:08pm On Jul 31, 2014
Nigeria will be great again. Gej till 2019! cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Pro-jonathan Groups Shelve Rally by kingthreat(m): 4:08pm On Jul 31, 2014
So Jonathan campaigners follow dey fear boko haram

2 Likes

Re: Pro-jonathan Groups Shelve Rally by fiverrwin(f): 4:10pm On Jul 31, 2014
Who is paying themfor this
Re: Pro-jonathan Groups Shelve Rally by NaLaugh: 4:11pm On Jul 31, 2014
Story for the gods

1 Like

Re: Pro-jonathan Groups Shelve Rally by azpekuliar: 4:11pm On Jul 31, 2014
It's only a short-lived victory for Boko Haram, it's sponsors (..who hope to profit politically) and it's sympathizers.

But wait! Is this the sorry level to which our politics has sunk? That any region or group desperate for power at the center would sponsor, arm individuals against the state to embark on a mass kidnapping and bombing spree in the very vain hope that a severely traumatized populace would begin to clamor for the ousting of the president/ruling political party of the day? Is that it?

A very, very dangerous precedent is being set, and it is one that does not augur well for the future of this country, post-2015 elections.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Attahiru Bafarawa Gives N30million Traders Over The Recent Fire Incident / Four Abia Lawmakers Defect As APC Holds Rally In State / Bauchi SUBEB Board Member Sacked For Associating With Dogara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.