Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,795 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:56 AM

In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare (18815 Views)

NIGERIA CIVIL WAR : How It Started / We Will Vote Jonathan Despite Our Regrets In Voting Him In 2011 – Middle Belt / Nigeria In State Of War: How Over 54,000 Nigerians Died Outside The Law Since 99 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by Nobody: 5:19pm On Aug 02, 2014
EasternLeopard:

So are you when you come online to say that the banks of those days do not have a copy of their customers record at their headoffice and central vault.

Please I beg you, do "google" and read about the structure of our banking system from 1960-1970!!

I said it before and I'll say it again, everything about you is fantasy!!
Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by Nobody: 5:20pm On Aug 02, 2014
EasternLeopard:

So are you when you come online to say that the banks of those days do not have a copy of their customers record at their headoffice and central vault.

Please I beg you, do "google" and read about the structure of our banking system from 1960-1980!!

I said it before and I'll say it again, everything about you is fantasy!

1 Like

Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by emiye(m): 5:21pm On Aug 02, 2014
HappyJoe:

Let's forget about the "twenty pounds" for a moment. After every major war there should be DDR - Disarmament, Demobilization & Rehabilitation. After the Second World War, Germans were beneficiaries of the "Marshal Plan" - even though Germany was the major antagonist. In other words, the US gave the average German A LOT more than twenty pounds.

Awolowo was an intelligent & well informed person, he was well aware of the Marshal Plan & what post-war re-integration should entail, but he was the architect of a deliberately vindictive post-war re-integration plan - a fact that even his most erstwhile admirers cannot disprove.

But Awolowo failed woefully, with the help of the Igbo diaspora, the Catholic Church and community effort, Ndigbo & their neighbours were able to move forward in spite of being victims of Africa's most devastating war.

Akpabio alluded to this "if you talk reconstruction and reconciliation, why did reconstruction start from Lagos & wasn't done in the Southeast"?

Yoruba people will never understand this, but people from the Northeast recovering from Boko Haram will. They will tell you how difficult it is to recover from Boko Haram if they've lost everything & were only given £20 (a little over N5,000).

They say "another person's child's corpse" looks like a log of wood to strangers - this is why I don't bother arguing with Yorubas about the Civil War, they will never understand. Arguing with them is a waste of my time.

You cant revise history, Awolowo should be praised by most of you.

During the war I saw to it that the revenue which was due to the Iboland- South Eastern states they call it, at that time..east central state, I kept it, I saved the money for them. And when they ….was librated I handed over the money to them- millions. If I’d decided to do so, I could have kept the money away from them and then when they took over I saw to it that subvention was given to them at the rate of 990,000 pounds every month. I didn’t go to the executive council to ask for support, or for approval because I knew if I went to the executive council at that time the subvention would not be approved because there were more enemies in the executive council for the Ibos than friends. And since I wasn’t going to take a percentage from what I was going to give them, and I knew I was doing what was right, I wanted the state to survive, I kept on giving the subvention - 990,000 almost a million, every month, and I did that for other states of course- South eastern state, North central state, Kwara and so on.

But I did that for the Ibos, and when the war was over, I saw to it that the ACB got three and a half million pounds to start with. This was distributed immediately and I gave another sum of money. The attitude of the experts, officials at the time of the ACB was that ACB should be closed down, and I held the view you couldn’t close the ACB down because that is the bank that gives finance to the Ibo traders, and if you close it down they’ll find it difficult to revive or to survive. So it was given. I did the same thing for the Cooperative Bank of Eastern Nigeria, to rehabilitate all these places, and I saw to it as commissioner for finance that no obstacle was placed in the way of the ministry of economic planning in planning for rehabilitation of the war affected areas.

2 Likes

Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by EasternLeopard: 5:24pm On Aug 02, 2014
torkaka:

Please I beg you, do "google" and read about the structure of our banking system from 1960-1980!!

I said it before and I'll say it again, everything about you is fantasy!

Answer the questions I added when I modify my post

EasternLeopard:

May I ask you

If they don't have a copy of their customers bank statements, why were the records of other Nigerians not affected.
Don't forget that Biafrans occupied Midwest and we never heard of Midwesterners sufferring the same fate of destroyed bank documents despite the calamitiy that occurred to the CBN at Benin.
Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by Nobody: 5:27pm On Aug 02, 2014
EasternLeopard:

Answer the questions I added when I modify my post

My answer to you remains the same. Clearly you have no clue how our banks operated in the past, the same way you have no clue about anything!

2 Likes

Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by EasternLeopard: 5:32pm On Aug 02, 2014
@TORKAKA

CBN Benin

Was desecrated

Why did we not hear of Mid Westerners complaining despite the looting and burning of CBN Benin by Biafran forces as claimed by you guys

Or did the Biafrans never burnt the documents in CBN benin

If they do as claimed by you guys, why didn't we hear of non-payment of Midwesterners whose records were lost during the sacking of CBN Benin.

2 Likes

Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by emiye(m): 5:32pm On Aug 02, 2014
Lessons for you not to go to war, be ready for the repercussion.

More than 3 million lives in multiple folds could have been lost, if Awolowo had not devised a means to end the war abruptly.

STARVATION POLICY

Then, but above all, the ending of the war itself that I’m accused of, accused of starving the Ibos, I did nothing of the sort. You know, shortly after the liberation of these places, Calabar, Enugu and Port Harcort, I decided to pay a visit. There are certain things which I knew which you don’t know, which I don’t want to say here now, when I write my reminisces in the future I will do so. Some of the soldiers were not truthful with us, they didn’t tell us correct stories and so on.

I wanted to be there and see things for myself, bear in mind that Gowon himself did not go there at that time, it was after the war was over that he dorn himself up in various military dresses- Air force dress, Army dress and so on, and went to the war torn areas. But I went and some people tried to frighten me out of my goal by saying that Adekunle was my enemy and he was going to see to it that I never return from the place, so I went.

But when I went what did I see? I saw the kwashiorkor victims. If you see a kwashiorkor victim you’ll never like war to be waged. Terrible sight, in Enugu, in Port Harcourt, not many in Calabar, but mainly in Enugu and Port Harcourt. Then I enquired what happened to the food we are sending to the civilians. We were sending food through the Red cross, and CARITAS to them, but what happen was that the vehicles carrying the food were always ambushed by the soldiers. That’s what I discovered, and the food would then be taken to the soldiers to feed them, and so they were able to continue to fight. And I said that was a very dangerous policy, we didn’t intend the food for soldiers. But who will go behind the line to stop the soldiers from ambushing the vehicles that were carrying the food? And as long as soldiers were fed, the war will continue, and who’ll continue to suffer? and those who didn’t go to the place to see things as I did, you remember that all the big guns, all the soldiers in the Biafran army looked all well fed after the war, its only the mass of the people that suffered kwashiorkor.

You wont hear of a single lawyer, a single doctor, a single architect, who suffered from kwashiorkor? None of their children either, so they waylaid the foods, they ambush the vehicles and took the foods to their friends and to their collaborators and to their children and the masses were suffering. So I decided to stop sending the food there. In the process the civilians would suffer, but the soldiers will suffer most.

2 Likes

Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by EasternLeopard: 5:38pm On Aug 02, 2014
torkaka:

My answer to you remains the same. Clearly you have no clue how our banks operated in the past, the same way you have no clue about anything!

You see your life

CBN Benin was ransacked and burnt according to you guys claim

But the people of Midwest never complained of non-payment of their deposited cash.

Does it not occur to you that something is wrong somewhere

How were the midwesterners refunded their cash deposit despite the ransacking and burning of CBN Benin
Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by EasternLeopard: 5:41pm On Aug 02, 2014
emiye: Lessons for you not to go to war, be ready for the repercussion.

More than 3 million lives in multiple folds could have been lost, if Awolowo had not devised a means to end the war abruptly.

You can help TORKAKA answer the question I asked him above
Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by Nobody: 5:47pm On Aug 02, 2014
emiye: Lessons for you not to go to war, be ready for the repercussion.

And they still have not learnt a thing! With their unfertile lands, they are still beating war drums!!

2 Likes

Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by emiye(m): 5:52pm On Aug 02, 2014
torkaka:

And they still have not learnt a thing! With their unfertile lands, they are still beating war drums!!

I wonder, ibos case in the event of war is worse off in 2014, than it was in 1967.

You dont go to a war, simply because you are aggrieved, you sit down and do a thorough SWOT analysis , having it in mind it is a win or lose all situation

2 Likes

Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by emiye(m): 5:56pm On Aug 02, 2014
EasternLeopard:

You can help TORKAKA answer the question I asked him above
Midwest was not part of biafra., the conditions to retrieve your money back was clearly spelt out, but could not be met by the biafrans.

That’s what I did, and the case of the money they said was not given back to them, you know during the war all the pounds were looted, they printed Biafran currency notes, which they circulated, at the close of the war some people wanted their Biafran notes to be exchanged for them. Of course I couldn’t do that, if I did that the whole country would be bankrupt. We didn’t know about Biafran notes and we didn’t know on what basis they have printed them, so we refused the Biafran note, but I laid down the principle that all those who had savings in the banks on the eve of the declaration of the Biafran war or Biafra, will get their money back if they could satisfy us that they had the savings there, or the money there. Unfortunately, all the banks’s books had been burnt, and many of the people who had savings there didn’t have their saving books or their last statement of account, so a panel had to be set up.

2 Likes

Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by Omimah: 6:00pm On Aug 02, 2014
EasternLeopard: @TORKAKA

CBN Benin

Was desecrated

Why did we not hear of Mid Westerners complaining despite the looting and burning of CBN Benin by Biafran forces as claimed by you guys

Or did the Biafrans never burnt the documents in CBN benin

If they do as claimed by you guys, why didn't we hear of non-payment of Midwesterners whose records were lost during the sacking of CBN Benin.
The rag tag Biafran soldiers were thieves. Thank God Awolowo changed the design of the Nigerian currency.

1 Like

Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by EasternLeopard: 6:02pm On Aug 02, 2014
torkaka:

You left answering my question on Midwesterners and CBN Benin

That's good

It shows that you don't have an answer to my question

Proving once more that Awo's policy was one of the unglorious roberry of the 20TH century on the African continent

As for war

We the real Igbos/NDs will defend the MB region will more than 10million troops with state of the art war tech if the Arewas pushes southward

Thank you

GEJ TILL 2019

1 Like

Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by HappyJoe: 6:06pm On Aug 02, 2014
A few words about the 20 pounds policy.

1. I was a bit wrong, 20 pounds is equivalent to 130 pounds in today's money, which is equivalent to a little over N30,000 in today's money in naira. That kind of money doesn't make anyone rich.

2. It only applied to those who had bank accounts - that would be about 2% of the population or less (literacy rates were much lower then).

3. Big transporters like "The Young Shall Grow" had their start without the 20 pounds, so anyone claiming that "Ndigbo would have died if Awo didn't give them 20 pounds" knows absolutely nothing about Igbo resilience.

4. Shortly after the war, Awolowo got the "indigenisation decree" passed. Barclay's Bank became First Bank, Shell Downstream became Unipetrol. Awo's plan was for Yorubas to dominate the economy - since their major competitors, the Igbos were reduced to penury. Only Yorubas could afford to buy shares in large numbers & people like the Tivs (who supported Gowon 100% & fought the war in large numbers) DIDN'T EVEN UNDERSTAND WHAT WAS GOING ON.

5. Unfortunately, Awolowo's plans didn't work out - the companies like Boots who Yorubas were able to dominate through the "indigenisation decree" soon went under. The old generation banks found it difficult to compete & Igbos slowly & steadily began to crawl up the Nigerian economy.

6. The deliberate attempt to blockade the South East economically through deliberate refusal to give them an international airport, has thankfully, been reversed by Jonathan. I suspect Awolowo was the architect of that policy and it was faithfully executed by Gowon, Murtala, Obasanjo, Shagari, Buhari, Babangida, Abacha, Abdulsalami, Obasanjo again and Yar'adua - before it was reversed by Jonathan.

7. At the rate Enugu is advancing under Chime, all Ndigbo need is another governor like Chime in Enugu State & a deep sea port nearby. The only thing you need to do is watch out for the next generation.

8. The war is a very sad chapter in our history and we lost something very important as a nation during that war - a sense of empathy. In 1966, when Igbos were slaughtered in 1,000s in the North, non-Igbos didn't care - they even justify it today. So how do you expect some people to have empathy for the many killed in the North?

9. The inner strength of a nation is in a shared sense of empathy. I'm surprised at Tiv sounding name's total lack of empathy in this thread, given that Tiv people are bearing the brunt of minor ethnic cleansing from Fulanis. It is silly, uninformed triumphalism - the kind of nonsense T.Y. Danjuma & Gowon could get away with in 1974, but now even they know better.

10. Innocent men, women and children in the North East are victims of Boko Haram - and trust me, Boko Haram wouldn't be that successful without popular support. Do we just give them N30,000 each and forget about them? How does one build a nation without empathy?

In summary, Nigeria is dead. It died in 1966. We're just going through the motions of nationhood.

1 Like

Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by EMANY01(m): 6:07pm On Aug 02, 2014
EasternLeopard:

You see your life

CBN Benin was ransacked and burnt according to you guys claim

But the people of Midwest never complained of non-payment of their deposited cash.

Does it not occur to you that something is wrong somewhere

How were the midwesterners refunded their cash deposit despite the ransacking and burning of CBN Benin

That is a very interesting point and very relevant questions arise thereto.
Details of the civil war and its aftermath have yet to be fully and honestly reviewed.The American political system which we claim to emulate still talk about the civil way of about TWO HUNDRED YEARS AGO and base policy discussions on the issues that led to that war but in our country we try to bury all information relating to a civil war that happen barely fifty years ago even when its clear that the issues they try to bury are pertinent to the troubles we face as a nation(?)/ country.
Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by emiye(m): 6:07pm On Aug 02, 2014
EasternLeopard:

You left answering my question on Midwesterners and CBN Benin

That's good

It shows that you don't have an answer to my question

Proving once more that Awo's policy was one of the unglorious roberry of the 20TH century on the African continent

As for war

We the real Igbos/NDs will defend the MB region will more than 10million troops with state of the art war tech if the Arewas pushes southward

Thank you

GEJ TILL 2019
Which MB? angry like Kogi state. currently Kogi state Vs Anambra ----- battle of oil field

1 Like

Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by EasternLeopard: 6:07pm On Aug 02, 2014
emiye: Midwest was not part of biafra., the conditions to retrieve your money back was clearly spelt out, but could not be met by the biafrans.

At least you agreed that Awo found a satisfactory solution to users of CBN Benin and other banks in the Midwest

Eya

You just confirmed that Awo deliberately gave out 20pounds to achieve his aim as stated several posts before.

1 Like

Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by Nobody: 6:24pm On Aug 02, 2014
HappyJoe: A few words about the 20 pounds policy.

1. I was a bit wrong, 20 pounds is equivalent to 130 pounds in today's money, which is equivalent to a little over N30,000 in today's money in naira. That kind of money doesn't make anyone rich.

2. It only applied to those who had bank accounts - that would be about 2% of the population or less (literacy rates were much lower then).

3. Big transporters like "The Young Shall Grow" had their start without the 20 pounds, so anyone claiming that "Ndigbo would have died if Awo didn't give them 20 pounds" knows absolutely nothing about Igbo resilience.

4. Shortly after the war, Awolowo got the "indigenisation decree" passed. Barclay's Bank became First Bank, Shell Downstream became Unipetrol. Awo's plan was for Yorubas to dominate the economy - since their major competitors, the Igbos were reduced to penury. Only Yorubas could afford to buy shares in large numbers & people like the Tivs (who supported Gowon 100% & fought the war in large numbers) DIDN'T EVEN UNDERSTAND WHAT WAS GOING ON.

5. Unfortunately, Awolowo's plans didn't work out - the companies like Boots who Yorubas were able to dominate through the "indigenisation decree" soon went under. The old generation banks found it difficult to compete & Igbos slowly & steadily began to crawl up the Nigerian economy.

6. The deliberate attempt to blockade the South East economically through deliberate refusal to give them an international airport, has thankfully, been reversed by Jonathan. I suspect Awolowo was the architect of that policy and it was faithfully executed by Gowon, Murtala, Obasanjo, Shagari, Buhari, Babangida, Abacha, Abdulsalami, Obasanjo again and Yar'adua - before it was reversed by Jonathan.

7. At the rate Enugu is advancing under Chime, all Ndigbo need is another governor like Chime in Enugu State & a deep sea port nearby. The only thing you need to do is watch out for the next generation.

8. The war is a very sad chapter in our history and we lost something very important as a nation during that war - a sense of empathy. In 1966, when Igbos were slaughtered in 1,000s in the North, non-Igbos didn't care - they even justify it today. So how do you expect some people to have empathy for the many killed in the North?

9. The inner strength of a nation is in a shared sense of empathy. I'm surprised at Tiv sounding name's total lack of empathy in this thread, given that Tiv people are bearing the brunt of minor ethnic cleansing from Fulanis. It is silly, uninformed triumphalism - the kind of nonsense T.Y. Danjuma & Gowon could get away with in 1974, but now even they know better.

10. Innocent men, women and children in the North East are victims of Boko Haram - and trust me, Boko Haram wouldn't be that successful without popular support. Do we just give them N30,000 each and forget about them? How does one build a nation without empathy?

In summary, Nigeria is dead. It died in 1966. We're just going through the motions of nationhood.
Non-igbo were killed. The reaction was in response to which action?

1 Like

Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by EasternLeopard: 6:32pm On Aug 02, 2014
To finally seal the coffin with nails

If Awo demanded for bank teller check document before a person is given back his or her money,

Wouldn't the bank have a list to verify the authencity of that teller and the information on that teller

If such list exist, why didn't he use it to refund back peoples' money
Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by EasternLeopard: 6:38pm On Aug 02, 2014
I rest my case with these few words

TODAY IS YOUR NEIGHBOUR ENEMY STRANGER

TOMORROW IT MIGHT BE YOU

Support justice all the time so that the stones of injustice are not hurled against you in the future
Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by Tobbie9(m): 6:39pm On Aug 02, 2014
I opened this thread to read about middle belt and all i see is this Yoruba vs igbo e-war, the sooner this 2 tribes are in separate countries the better
Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by Ghost01(m): 6:43pm On Aug 02, 2014
Was thinking I'm late to the party and was about to spread my e-mat, but sadly, perennial e-civil war fighters have turned the thread into another Awolowo vs Igbo Biafrans e-fight. People tend to forget that whatever decision is attributed to Awolowo today was debated on and ratified by a military cum civilian council which had Gowon, Danjuma, Mohammed, Obasanjo, Ali, Clark, Enahoro, et al on board. Awo, no matter how larger than life you want to project him, was a civilian in a military regime.

4 Likes

Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by IdomaLikita: 7:13pm On Aug 02, 2014
The Elites of Various Groups in Nigeria today would be the same who would Galvanise and Lead Their People Should War Break Out!
Ojukwu, Madiebo, etc who played Major Parts in the War were Major Stakeholders in Pre-1967 Eastern Nigeria!
Its still the Tinubus, Arthur Ezes, Suswams,David Marks,TY Danjumas Buharis etc that would be counted upon to lead their People through War!
Judging by Antecedents, have the Leaders of the Various Region shown enough will to protect their people?

Has Gabriel Suswam, TY Danjuma, George Akume etc floated any Vigilante Group or Armed their People in any guise to Counter the Massacre of their People by Fulani Herdsmen? Apart from Ombatse, are there any existing Militia in the MB with enough Combat Experience to form the Core of a Fighting Force in the initial Skirmishes that may Ensue b4 a Full blown war?
MEND, OPC, MASSOB, etc can easily be called upon Quickly to hold fort while Fresh men are being Trained! Can the same be said of any MB group?
Who are the Politicians that would Lead the MB in War Time? Is it the Foolish Old Men being bleeped from Behind by the ACF?
Where are the Resources to fight the War?
Will the same People who find it hard to invest in their People in Peace Time,be counted upon to deliver their People when Hell breaks lose?

Torkaka, Answer me!

2 Likes

Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by EasternLeopard: 7:46pm On Aug 02, 2014
IdomaLikita: The Elites of Various Groups in Nigeria today would be the same who would Galvanise and Lead Their People Should War Break Out!
Ojukwu, Madiebo, etc who played Major Parts in the War were Major Stakeholders in Pre-1967 Eastern Nigeria!
Its still the Tinubus, Arthur Ezes, Suswams,David Marks,TY Danjumas Buharis etc that would be counted upon to lead their People through War!
Judging by Antecedents, have the Leaders of the Various Region shown enough will to protect their people?

Has Gabriel Suswam, TY Danjuma, George Akume etc floated any Vigilante Group or Armed their People in any guise to Counter the Massacre of their People by Fulani Herdsmen? Apart from Ombatse, are there any existing Militia in the MB with enough Combat Experience to form the Core of a Fighting Force in the initial Skirmishes that may Ensue b4 a Full blown war?
MEND, OPC, MASSOB, etc can easily be called upon Quickly to hold fort while Fresh men are being Trained! Can the same be said of any MB group?
Who are the Politicians that would Lead the MB in War Time? Is it the Foolish Old Men being bleeped from Behind by the ACF?
Will the same People who find it hard to invest in their People in Peace Time,be counted upon to deliver their People when Hell breaks lose?

Torkaka, Answer me!

Have you not notice that he is a Yoruba boy masquerading as middle belt

I had to point to him that Yorubas don't have a means to acquire weapons save the oil of the Ilajes and Ishekiris

He fails to realise that the billionaires of the MB derive their wealth from the oil wells of ND and would loose those oil wells in the event of a breakup

My brother these are those who think they can revive old anti-Igbo sentiments not knowing that the MB and ND now know their true tormentors

He fails to realise that every true Biafran/ND have come to realise that the security of the MB is our security

Brother

We will deploy 10million troops to stop the invasion of MB.

The security of MB is our security.

1 Like

Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by Nobody: 8:07pm On Aug 02, 2014
IdomaLikita: The Elites of Various Groups in Nigeria today would be the same who would Galvanise and Lead Their People Should War Break Out!

Torkaka, Answer me!

First of all, MASSOB and OPC are pressure groups that haven't exhibited any real armed military insurgency!!

Judging from your name, you are from Benue and it's a shame you know next to nothing about your state!

Starting with the herdsmen, their activities initial started in the iharev, nongov and masev areas, sacking villages with their unannounced attacks (this continued for awhile). Then they started moving towards the kwande and sankara area. Suswam (whom I so despise by the way) is from sankara, whereas paul unongo is from kwande. When these herdsmen moved to kwande and sankara (burning houses including areas close to suswam's village) there was a reaction and the herdsmen retreated and concentrated on the on the masev, iharev and nogov areas!

Now it is not my place to tell you what that reaction was (as I do not support violence in any form) but what I do know is that the area in benue covering ugba, anyiin and zaki-biam, there are certain armed youths who are called "school boys" by the locals with whom it is said suswam is pleased!! If you travel the route, crossing the river via buruku, they are not hidden from your sight as they go about their business in the open.

More recently, the jukuns and tivs in Taraba on one hand started a an exchange with the fulanis that saw many fulanis being expelled from wukari and ibi (as of yesterday, the fire in ibi was still on), what weapons do you think were used? Kitchen knives?

Surely you don't think the continious fracas between Tiv and Jukun (which has gone on for years, long before any insurgency or militancy started) is being carried out with brooms and sticks do you? May I add, the tivs and jukun conflict is more like an internal war between two tribes in open confrontation unlike the hit and run militants/insurgents style with which you call "experience".

My question to you, with what resources have the tivs and jukuns sustained their internal war(which is arguably the longest internal tribal war in Nigeria) with for decades

Like I told you earlier, let the war start first before you start licking a.rz!!

1 Like

Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by EasternLeopard: 8:24pm On Aug 02, 2014
torkaka:

First of all, MASSOB and OPC are pressure groups that haven't exhibited any real armed military insurgency!!

Judging from your name, you are from Benue and it's a shame you know next to nothing about your state!

Starting with the herdsmen, their activities initial started in the iharev, nongov and masev areas, sacking villages with their unannounced attacks (this continued for awhile). Then they started moving towards the kwande and sankara area. Suswam (whom I so despise by the way) is from sankara, whereas paul unongo is from kwande. When these herdsmen moved to kwande and sankara (burning houses including areas close to suswam's village) there was a reaction and the herdsmen retreated and concentrated on the on the masev, iharev and nogov areas!

Now it is not my place to tell you what that reaction was (as I do not support violence in any form) but what I do know is that the area in benue covering ugba, anyiin and zaki-biam, there are certain armed youths who are called "school boys" by the locals with whom it is said suswam is pleased!! If you travel the route, crossing the river via buruku, they are not hidden from your sight as they go about their business in the open.

More recently, the jukuns and tivs in Taraba on one hand started a an exchange with the fulanis that saw many fulanis being expelled from wukari and ibi (as of yesterday, the fire in ibi was still on), what weapons do you think were used? Kitchen knives?

Surely you don't think the continious fracas between Tiv and Jukun (which has gone on for years, long before any insurgency or militancy started) is being carried out with brooms and sticks do you? May I add, the tivs and jukun conflict is more like an internal war between two tribes in open confrontation unlike the hit and run militants/insurgents style with which you call "experience".

My question to you, with what resources have the tivs and jukuns sustained their internal war(which is arguably the longest internal tribal war in Nigeria) with for decades

Like I told you earlier, let the war start first before you start licking a.rz!!

Those places still occupied by fulani herdsmen why haven't the school boys gone to dislodge them or is that place not Tiv land

If these schools are well armed, why did they waited for the military to deploy tanks as shown on TV

Do you know that Ife Modakeke Aguleri Umuleri conflicts that lasted for so long does not mean that they fought with complete war materials

May I ask you

In the event of a war

What will the MB exchange for fighter jets artilleries tanks etc

What will they sell to acquire attack helicopters mortars anti tanks aircrafts etc

Don't forget when war erupts no more oil money will get to other states and since almost all states are oil dependent how will you guys source for fund to acquire weapons

Think deeply my friend
Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by pazienza(m): 8:43pm On Aug 02, 2014
HappyJoe:

That would be great, if Awolowo succeeded, but he didn't. He wasn't able to dislodge Ndigbo from Nigeria's economy & he didn't succeeded in his plans go become the president.

Look at Nigeria today, are Yorubas materially better off than Ndigbo? I doubt it, so the only thing Awolowo managed to do is create enmity between both groups which will take decades & generations to erase.

The trump card Yorubas have is Lagos, but if a serious govt builds a port on the Niger Delta, that advantage will be gone in a generation.

Yea. He didn't succeed, but it wasn't for lack of a good plan or poor execution of his plans, but becos he was betrayed by his people.

The Yolobas had since lost the advantage he handed them, they were never going to find another sage to help them maintain that advantage, so naturally Ndiigbo caught up with them.

Awo gave all he had for the Yolobas, his foresight and genius is unmatched by any Nigerian political figure, his master plan for the Yolobas was fool proof, his adversaries were too dull to figure it out, i guess it was unbearable for him, that it was not his adversaries that thwarted his plans, but his own people, the same people he went to prison for,and did many dark deeds for. It wasn't the fear of IBB wrath or the ignominy of defeat that made him take his life, it was the weight of betrayal by his people, it was unbearable for him. Poor Awo.

2 Likes

Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by pazienza(m): 9:26pm On Aug 02, 2014
The thread had already given an insight for Ndiigbo. These are:

1. The Yolobas stand to lose most if Nigeria should die in a war theatre.

2. If naija falls into another war,the Yolobas by the virtue of their proximity to the north can not,even if they wish, form any form of alliance with the East,as any attempt by them to do so, would turn Yolobaland to war theatre for the North and East,with great loss of property and civilian lives by the Yolobas, while the East and Northern civilians enjoy life as usual in the East and North, while sending soldiers to Yolobaland to battle.
Yolobas would not deny the North access to ports,as doing that would turn their land to battle ground between the East and North.

So, Ndiigbo must know that Yolobas can never be our ally and this for no fault of theirs, and must not fall victims to Awoesque treachery again. Yolobas will always be allies to the north, they have no other option.

3. We cannot put our fate on any other group,and we owe no other group protection, when Nigeria falls and if war ensues, our number one priority would be to make the necessary arrangements to secure our sea access,and not sentiments over what is happening in MB or any other part of ND.

4. Our buffer zones are Edo, Kogi and Benue states, those are the places we set our defense line, no war should ever be fought in Igboland again.

5. Making sure to get the international politics right, and not believing the world owe us becos we are xtians being invaded by muslims, or the fantasy that Isreal would come to our rescue. America are best friends of Saudi arabia, the holy land of muslims,and centre of al qaeda, go figure.

4 Likes

Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by HappyJoe: 9:40pm On Aug 02, 2014
pazienza:
Yea. He didn't succeed, but it wasn't for lack of a good plan or poor execution of his plans, but becos he was betrayed by his people.
The Yolobas had since lost the advantage he handed them, they were never going to find another sage to help them maintain that advantage, so naturally Ndiigbo caught up with them.
Awo gave all he had for the Yolobas, his foresight and genius is unmatched by any Nigerian political figure, his master plan for the Yolobas was fool proof, his adversaries were too dull to figure it out, i guess it was unbearable for him, that it was not his adversaries that thwarted his plans, but his own people, the same people he went to prison for,and did many dark deeds for. It wasn't the fear of IBB wrath or the ignominy of defeat that made him take his life, it was the weight of betrayal by his people, it was unbearable for him. Poor Awo.

There was no way Awolowo could have succeeded, to for his plan to work out Nigeria would not have a private sector economy and all segments of the economy would have nationalised.

Yorubas were never going to be as dynamic as Igbo in the commercial sector and as the economy grew, the money made in commerce would eventually have impact on the white collar sector - you cannot simply sit in an office and make more money than business people. So Awo's plan failed.

As for the Hausa/Fulani, they had no plans, when they lost control of the military/politics, they lost everything. It is almost pitiable.
Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by pazienza(m): 10:03pm On Aug 02, 2014
HappyJoe:

There was no way Awolowo could have succeeded, to for his plan to work out Nigeria would not have a private sector economy and all segments of the economy would have nationalised.

Yorubas were never going to be as dynamic as Igbo in the commercial sector and as the economy grew, the money made in commerce would eventually have impact on the white collar sector - you cannot simply sit in an office and make more money than business people. So Awo's plan failed.

As for the Hausa/Fulani, they had no plans, when they lost control of the military/politics, they lost everything. It is almost pitiable.

He would have succeeded if he wasn't betrayed by his people,and he managed to usurp IBB.

I have this feeling that Awo plan was to secure Odua republic for the Yolobars, but to do that,he had to make them strong enough to repel invasion by the Arewas then and in the future, so he set to give his people Economic power firstly, had he managed to usurp IBB,he would have won yolobas real political power, that would allow them to slowly decapitate the North's military complex, ensuring that they would be too weak to pose a military threat to a future Odua republic.

I refuse to believe that a man as wise as Awo ever believed in Nigeria's unity, i want to believe he wanted an Odua republic strong enough, millitaryly and economically to withstand and repel Arewa invasion. Ndiigbo were merely collateral damage in his grand master plan.
Re: In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare by omololu2020(m): 10:36pm On Aug 02, 2014
sirblac: The region with more wealth and foreign alliances will win.The Yoruba's have foreign aid if we call our guys from benin,Togo Ghana Brazil Cuba and Argentina we shall be a force to reckon with also with billionaires Lyk adenuga,otedola,obat,dele momodu e.t.c we are ready for warbring it on.
The north with foreign aid from Arab and Islamic countries will use these war to carry out a jihad in d country with billions of stolen funds by ex politicians they are a force to reckon with.
South east with foreign aids from few countries Lyk Haiti and jamica with very few billionaires will have a lot problems on funds and man power during the war.
mr man,how old are you?

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Akpabio To Declare Presidential Bid On Wednesday - Media Aide / Court Bars Banks From ‘instigating’ Kashamu’s Arrest - The Nations / Victor Umeh Receives Traditional Title In Zamfara, Sparks Online Debate. PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.