Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,523 members, 7,843,618 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 08:49 AM

Ebola Scare In Anambra After A Corpse Was Brought From Liberia To The State - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ebola Scare In Anambra After A Corpse Was Brought From Liberia To The State (42724 Views)

Ebola Virus Scare In Calabar / Ebola Scare In Imo State (bath Salt Water) / Ebola Virus Scare in Ogun State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ebola Scare In Anambra After A Corpse Was Brought From Liberia To The State by neighbourhud: 9:27pm On Jul 31, 2014
Cybermugu1: Am using God Almighty who created heaven and earth to beg everyone wey im name get 'ebola' inside e.g. Adebola, Okebola, Orebola, Oyebola, Ojebola, Otebola, Debola, Ifebola. etc not to attempt to shake or hug me till further notice. Na Jesus I take beg o

*na joke ooo*

grin

3 Likes

Re: Ebola Scare In Anambra After A Corpse Was Brought From Liberia To The State by KOBOJO: 9:30pm On Jul 31, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
Rubbish!

Yoritshekiri...how far you nah.??
Re: Ebola Scare In Anambra After A Corpse Was Brought From Liberia To The State by Nobody: 9:30pm On Jul 31, 2014
cbrass:

Is this how much you hate lagos shocked

Not at all
Isn't it better it were contained in Lagos than spread to other parts of the nation
Re: Ebola Scare In Anambra After A Corpse Was Brought From Liberia To The State by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jul 31, 2014
BRAV0O: You can never see my comment on any e-bola thread!

And what do you call this one, an ...omment? Smh
Re: Ebola Scare In Anambra After A Corpse Was Brought From Liberia To The State by eejo(m): 9:33pm On Jul 31, 2014
ebola in Nigeria means a catastrophic calamity for the black race lord help us
Re: Ebola Scare In Anambra After A Corpse Was Brought From Liberia To The State by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jul 31, 2014
why would they prefer to put the lives of million nigerians in danger than to bury the danm corps in in liberia?i am getting scarier every day by day about this ebola of a thing.
Re: Ebola Scare In Anambra After A Corpse Was Brought From Liberia To The State by kayceelingz(m): 9:35pm On Jul 31, 2014
grin grin
Cybermugu1: Am using God Almighty who created heaven and earth to beg everyone wey im name get 'ebola' inside e.g. Adebola, Okebola, Orebola, Oyebola, Ojebola, Otebola, Debola, Ifebola. etc not to attempt to shake or hug me till further notice. Na Jesus I take beg o

*na joke ooo*
grin

*na joke ooo*

1 Like

Re: Ebola Scare In Anambra After A Corpse Was Brought From Liberia To The State by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jul 31, 2014
omenka: The ineptitude of Nigerians and the authorities is indescribably alarming!!

How in the world could they allow a corpse into the country from Liberia with all that is happening in the region right now??

Sometimes things like this make me wanna think the white man could be right calling blacks "monkeys"!!

Can you just imagine the rubbish!! angry What part of the word "caution" don't our airport and immigration officials understand

So pissed right now!

They paid bribes from Liberia to Anambra. Corruption kills!!!

1 Like

Re: Ebola Scare In Anambra After A Corpse Was Brought From Liberia To The State by sugaarbear(m): 9:36pm On Jul 31, 2014
BRAV0O: You can never see my comment on any e-bola thread!
this one no be comment abi??
Re: Ebola Scare In Anambra After A Corpse Was Brought From Liberia To The State by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jul 31, 2014
philips70: Ever since the Liberian died here in Nigeria I am suspecting Liberia of diplomatic terrorism. First they allowed that man on flight here after showing signs of the virus and now allowing a corpse to leave there to Nigeria without prior information to the authorities. I do not care to know whether that man died from ebola or not. Seems they want Nigeria to get their fair share by all means.
There are various possibilities, including:

1. The deceased may have died outside the hospital setting in Liberia.

2. The deceased may have died in a quack hospital or health centre in Liberia.

3. It may not be a case of Ebola

4. The corpse may have been transported by road into Nigeria

5. The corpse may have arrived Nigeria by air before the Lagos first Ebola incident. The Lagos Ebola incident raised the awareness of Ebola to unprecedented levels so much so that no Nigerian would have touched any corpse coming from Liberia with a 10 metre pole.

3 Likes

Re: Ebola Scare In Anambra After A Corpse Was Brought From Liberia To The State by Descartes: 9:41pm On Jul 31, 2014

*na joke ooo*
U don finish Ndiofe be dat grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ebola Scare In Anambra After A Corpse Was Brought From Liberia To The State by Tex42(m): 9:46pm On Jul 31, 2014
please God! not in Anambra.
Re: Ebola Scare In Anambra After A Corpse Was Brought From Liberia To The State by persius555(m): 9:49pm On Jul 31, 2014
Seriously, this outbreak is scary. First, i would blame the nigerian government for in their usual habit of ignoring expert warnings and advice. The disease surfaced in feburary, the spread of virus got to an alarming rate as at may. All the while, the nigerian government and its health agencies should have set up health facilities at the airports to test individuals travelling from as close as lome, cotonou, ghana. It is so funny that between nigeria and liberia (closest ebola infected country) lies four other west african countries. Maybe, we were waiting for cote de iviore, ghana, togo and other west african countries to record their first case before taking urgent steps. Being, a country of travelling people, the government should have envisioned this ( i guess we are a country led by leaders without forsight).
Some countries as far as asia are already taking precautions, a woman from kenya travelling to hong kong was quickly quarantined for showing ebola-like symptoms, only to test negative. That is how effective the system should work. Patrick sawyer vomited twice on board the airplane and nobody bothered to inquire not until a week after,JESUS, SAVE THIS COUNTRY!!!. We have already been listed on the internet as ebola infected, i guess it is only a matter of days for countries globally to issue travel ban on us. To add insult to injury, someone brought the corpse of their loved ones from THE SAME LIBERIA!!!!!! and nobody at the airport deemed it fit to inquire about the cause of his death. Is there no health agency at the airport? Obviously, we were stupidly waiting for ghana and togo to record their first case before we act. I wont be surprised if over a thousand liberians had crossed into nigeria between may and july. I believe god has done more than enough for us as a people but we as a people and as a country have failed humanity. So much for our in-eptitude.

10 Likes

Re: Ebola Scare In Anambra After A Corpse Was Brought From Liberia To The State by Rexnegro(m): 9:50pm On Jul 31, 2014
jimmysho: Anambra the Scam. Ibo just won chop from WHO Ebola Intervension Funds.

Lwkmdh hahahahahhahahah
Re: Ebola Scare In Anambra After A Corpse Was Brought From Liberia To The State by Tex42(m): 9:51pm On Jul 31, 2014
please God! not in Anambra.
Re: Ebola Scare In Anambra After A Corpse Was Brought From Liberia To The State by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jul 31, 2014
Neddyogu: Viruses are unstable pathogens dat dont survive more than a few minutes outside a living susceptible cell. So a corpse poses no threat as it would most likely have undergone basic fixation before its transport to naija. If d man had died of tuberculosis, na dia yawa 4 gas!

Mschweeewwww! !! See danger Little knowledge is as fatal as ebola multiplied. Smh

2 Likes

Re: Ebola Scare In Anambra After A Corpse Was Brought From Liberia To The State by Chigold101(m): 9:55pm On Jul 31, 2014
baybiemee: What type of carelessness is this?? Putting the lives of people at risk. Too bad.
i dont believe this news. What about all the people that had contact with the body? What about the ambulance that carried him from liberia to nigeria? This is a fake news. Wha about the family of the said dead person? This story is a lie
Re: Ebola Scare In Anambra After A Corpse Was Brought From Liberia To The State by persius555(m): 10:02pm On Jul 31, 2014
Chigold101: i dont believe this news. What about all the people that had contact with the body? What about the ambulance that carried him from liberia to nigeria? This is a fake news. Wha about the family of the said dead person? This story is a lie

Better believe, its already on TV. Lets pray, he didnt die of the infection.
Re: Ebola Scare In Anambra After A Corpse Was Brought From Liberia To The State by hushmail: 10:02pm On Jul 31, 2014
God please save your people
Re: Ebola Scare In Anambra After A Corpse Was Brought From Liberia To The State by abu12: 10:05pm On Jul 31, 2014

*na joke ooo*

I think it sound right when you called ebelechukwu ebolachukwu or u can now called the president as president goodluck ebola jonathan
Re: Ebola Scare In Anambra After A Corpse Was Brought From Liberia To The State by Kossyne(m): 10:09pm On Jul 31, 2014
OlaJohnson1: Igbo people make unnecessary noise of their host communities being no man's land yet can't bury their dead there. See what this senseless practise is doing to them.

Please don't derail this thread. If your mission is to start another tribal e-war, please check the next thread. This topic is a very sensitive one.

2 Likes

Re: Ebola Scare In Anambra After A Corpse Was Brought From Liberia To The State by MicroBox: 10:10pm On Jul 31, 2014
Runznet: Get all network free browsing cheat for free @ www.runznet.tk
www.runznet.tk
www.runznet.tk
www.runznet.tk
Only if it's going to work on my Ipad
Re: Ebola Scare In Anambra After A Corpse Was Brought From Liberia To The State by MicroBox: 10:14pm On Jul 31, 2014
If it's truly Ebola, I doubt if the hospital in Liberia would release the corps for transfer....
But why would anyone want to transfer Ebola corps
Re: Ebola Scare In Anambra After A Corpse Was Brought From Liberia To The State by Frankenstein: 10:20pm On Jul 31, 2014
So a corpse from an endemic country was allowed to enter Nigeria, eh?
Only a deluded fellow will rely on the monkey government of Nigeria to take appropriate measures in preventing the outbreak of Ebola.

I pray this virus never spreads in Nigeria or the only effort we'll get from our authorities is the cordoning off of areas and arresting suspects after outbreaks.
Re: Ebola Scare In Anambra After A Corpse Was Brought From Liberia To The State by Nobody: 10:28pm On Jul 31, 2014
Look on the bright side

[size=18pt]Could this be the population control we have been craving for
Our 177 million population may soon be sliced down to 80 million to make it manageable [/size]
Job opportunities ,ease of getting admissions,less congestion
The advantages are numerous
GEJ till 2019 !
Re: Ebola Scare In Anambra After A Corpse Was Brought From Liberia To The State by Nobody: 10:29pm On Jul 31, 2014
Hmmmmm, I hope this isn't true embarassed embarassed

Btw, these billions Jonathan and co are sharing on NTA is really making me sad....see money, I dey here dey find small money angry angry angry
Re: Ebola Scare In Anambra After A Corpse Was Brought From Liberia To The State by Nobody: 10:29pm On Jul 31, 2014
mascot87: The rate at which I wash my hands since d outbreak of d Ebola virus ehn no be here o. I use @least 500litres of water daily just to wash my hands. Baba God protect us oo cos na ur protection sure pass

LOL grin cheesy
Re: Ebola Scare In Anambra After A Corpse Was Brought From Liberia To The State by Nobody: 10:30pm On Jul 31, 2014
Babymama1: Look on the bright side

[size=18pt]Could this be the population control we have been craving for
Our 177 million population may soon be sliced down to 80 million to make it manageable [/size]
Job opportunities ,ease of getting admissions,less congestion
The advantages are numerous
GEJ till 2019 !

Now you tryna say its GEJ's fault right?
Re: Ebola Scare In Anambra After A Corpse Was Brought From Liberia To The State by ayomidegambari(m): 10:32pm On Jul 31, 2014
NOTICE: abeg no more surprise hug from the back, if you try am I swear I fit chook you with knife..coz these days I fear ebola pass hell tor.
Re: Ebola Scare In Anambra After A Corpse Was Brought From Liberia To The State by cbrass(m): 10:33pm On Jul 31, 2014
Babymama1:

Not at all
Isn't it better it were contained in Lagos than spread to other parts of the nation

Don't you know throwing the corpse inside lagoon is worse
Re: Ebola Scare In Anambra After A Corpse Was Brought From Liberia To The State by ayobase(m): 10:33pm On Jul 31, 2014
i was telling a guy that shutting against those countries aint the solutionm

thank God another measure has been put into place.

we pray it is not politicized.
Re: Ebola Scare In Anambra After A Corpse Was Brought From Liberia To The State by EbolaGoingHam(m): 10:34pm On Jul 31, 2014
AmNotDrunk: FFS. why bring a dead man from that deadly country who died from the deadly virus to Nigeria for Christ sake
The govt we curse almost in every thread are trying hard to protect us from this virus but yet for some reasons I don't know a family would rather take the risk of spreading the virus to the whole country, just to give there brother a " befitting" burial.
Clear indication that we are the cause of our problems.

SMH

My brother you are right on point, this is to show how selfish some nigerians are, a family want to risk the life of millions of people cause of a common burial...smh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Does Having Sex 21 Times A Month Prevent Prostate Issues? - Fact Check / Baby Born With Intestines Outside The Body In Niger State (Graphic Photos) / Francis Faduyile: We Are Not Going To Meet Or Interact With Chinese Medical Team

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.