Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,631 members, 7,809,354 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:15 AM

In-depth Album Review: 2face Idibia - 'ascension' - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / In-depth Album Review: 2face Idibia - 'ascension' (25653 Views)

Album Review: Psquare Double Trouble. / 2face's "The Ascension" Is Currently The 12th Top Selling Album In The World / DOWNLOAD: 2face Idibia - The Ascension Album Full 17 Tracks Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In-depth Album Review: 2face Idibia - 'ascension' by concacid: 7:18am On Aug 02, 2014
NB. You don't release all your good tracks in an album if you want to stand test of time! Tubaba rocks.

1 Like

Re: In-depth Album Review: 2face Idibia - 'ascension' by Yello1(m): 7:22am On Aug 02, 2014
2baba has done it again,i heard dis music is fast selling and gaining international recognition.2face has lot of brain in his skull...

1 Like

Re: In-depth Album Review: 2face Idibia - 'ascension' by odibenson(m): 7:22am On Aug 02, 2014
Anybody wen talk say is not feeling confession shoul go and .............that song is just too sweet and lovely to the hears .lesse passe if u no b member ehh wahala day oo

3 Likes

Re: In-depth Album Review: 2face Idibia - 'ascension' by Nobody: 7:22am On Aug 02, 2014
In sarkodie's voice--"Tubaba; you be my baba all my life".

1 Like

Re: In-depth Album Review: 2face Idibia - 'ascension' by odibenson(m): 7:26am On Aug 02, 2014
Yello1: 2baba has done it again,i heard dis music is fast selling and gaining international recognition.2face has lot of brain in his skull...
that's true ooo bilboard confirmed his album to be the 12 selling album in the world .2baba is great

2 Likes

Re: In-depth Album Review: 2face Idibia - 'ascension' by monlawal(m): 7:28am On Aug 02, 2014
2baba is purely in a class of his own. I love his diversity and humility. He has been in the industry all this while and he is still relevant. I mean how many of our so called superstass hav given us albums upon albums? An album we are condemning is now the 12th best selling and fastest selling in the world. .

3 Likes

Re: In-depth Album Review: 2face Idibia - 'ascension' by Elnino4ladies: 7:34am On Aug 02, 2014
D album is average..if na d'banj released dis album...haters go jst plenty d make silly noise..!...* thy nation comes by jesse jagz*
Re: In-depth Album Review: 2face Idibia - 'ascension' by kullozone(m): 7:36am On Aug 02, 2014
cyril83:

Don't just go there, none of the ascension tracks can stand oliver twist.

WHAT!?
Re: In-depth Album Review: 2face Idibia - 'ascension' by Canme4u(m): 7:41am On Aug 02, 2014
azimibraun: Mr Beatsarena( the OP) I am ashamed of u. In this horrible country where everybody has chose to be unfair and just in their analysis, you have stubbornly refused to be adultrated with sentiment, ego and jealousy? Are u blind to the fact that nobody speaks the truth anymore in Nigeria? For your own good next time,when analysing an album just don't be dis nice and objective ok? Just come out and condenm the album and you will see the love, secondment and likes ur post will get. You are the most sincere, objective and just pundit I have ever seen and read on NL and any other site for that matter. This is naija ppl are not" obejective, fair and proffessional" and that's why I am ashamed of you for not knowing you are in " yeye" naija and you are coming out to make sense in a nonsense envioroment. Ppl lk u don last long o! Even 2baba will be shocked @ ur fairness am sure he wll ask his wife Annie" see dis boy o! Him get sense so? Abi him no be Nigerian?" because of ur objectivity.
Re: In-depth Album Review: 2face Idibia - 'ascension' by emmyclassic(m): 7:50am On Aug 02, 2014
cyril83:

Don't just go there, none of the ascension tracks can stand oliver twist.

Oliver twist is crap song with poor lyrics, if not for beats hmmmm..
Re: In-depth Album Review: 2face Idibia - 'ascension' by Olusanya333(m): 8:00am On Aug 02, 2014
Analyse d Picture very well all u will see is illuminati. Beside, 2face is nt saluting but doing d illuminati sign as Cr7 do.
Re: In-depth Album Review: 2face Idibia - 'ascension' by Neldrizzy(m): 8:02am On Aug 02, 2014
Song for matured minds, not for kids and street mongers.. *in sarkodie's voice #tubaba you be my baba all my life

1 Like

Re: In-depth Album Review: 2face Idibia - 'ascension' by capip120(m): 8:09am On Aug 02, 2014
Kalvan: 2face is overrated. He has just 3 good songs.
est se a life. Nigga!!
Re: In-depth Album Review: 2face Idibia - 'ascension' by Toks2008(m): 8:13am On Aug 02, 2014
How does this stop the spread of ebola virus?
Re: In-depth Album Review: 2face Idibia - 'ascension' by Nobody: 8:14am On Aug 02, 2014
abatically:

Gbam. Confessions is the best track for me

Confessions! Confession!! Confession!!!

With due respect, songs like confession are usually "add ons" in albums not a "main" or "super" songs.

Songs like confession can not win u a BET or MTV award.

The album will be good with time but the songs are not "too super"

Eg. Of super songs ADA by flavour, Gon gon Aso by 9ice, Dorobuchi, oliver twist, Aiye, skelewu etc and that's what ascension album lacks. Confession is not it

I just admaire tuface humility and he's a easy going guy. Anything tuface sing I go buy! But the album is a No No for now! Maybe with time we might see things differently.

#team2face #humility
Re: In-depth Album Review: 2face Idibia - 'ascension' by Nobody: 8:14am On Aug 02, 2014
abatically:

Gbam. Confessions is the best track for me

With due respect, songs like confession are usually "add ons" in albums not a "main" or "super" songs.

The album will be good with time but the songs are not "super"

Eg. Of super songs ADA by flavour, Gon gon Aso by 9ice, Dorobuchi, oliver twist, Aiye, skelewu etc and that's what ascension album lacks. Confession is not it

I just admaire tuface humility and he's a easy going guy. Anything tuface sing I go buy! But the album is a No No for now! Maybe with time we might see things differently.

#team2face #humility
Re: In-depth Album Review: 2face Idibia - 'ascension' by Nobody: 8:22am On Aug 02, 2014
over hyping......most of d song wack, no gud music again only packaging and old glory
Re: In-depth Album Review: 2face Idibia - 'ascension' by Nobody: 8:26am On Aug 02, 2014
[quote author=emmyclassic] Oliver twist is crap song with poor lyrics, if not for beats hmmmm..[/quote
Guy, gone are those daiz of songz and lyrics, diz daiz nobody cares about ya lyriz only d beat, den u are gud to go
Re: In-depth Album Review: 2face Idibia - 'ascension' by uzolexis(f): 8:46am On Aug 02, 2014
http://www.coolfm.ng/lagos/news/entertainment-news/item/922-tuface-ascension-hits-billboard-top-20-this-week

Billboard Magazine has listed Tuface' sixth studio album – “The Ascension” as one of the top selling albums for the week. It currently takes the number 12 spot.

Op look at this,the 12th best selling album in the world,no Nigerian musician/artist has acheived this.......twaale tubaba
Re: In-depth Album Review: 2face Idibia - 'ascension' by Eddy2cute(m): 8:53am On Aug 02, 2014
Olusanya333: Analyse d Picture very well all u will see is illuminati. Beside, 2face is nt saluting but doing d illuminati sign as Cr7 do.
heeeey God do we still have senseless people like this in nairaland?
Re: In-depth Album Review: 2face Idibia - 'ascension' by mcwizard(m): 8:53am On Aug 02, 2014
2 baba you be baba 4 life jare,,, Abi nw! You be baba!!
Re: In-depth Album Review: 2face Idibia - 'ascension' by Olusanya333(m): 8:54am On Aug 02, 2014
Eddy2cute: heeeey God do we still have senseless people like this in nairaland?
Look closer nd u will see it
Re: In-depth Album Review: 2face Idibia - 'ascension' by Marlicque: 9:01am On Aug 02, 2014
@OP Nice write up, i really appreciate the fact that you could take you time to review this album critically. kudos to you!!! This came just in time when me and my friend ( both crazy 2face fans) are arguing about the album. My friend even got a 2face tattoo on his arm one time not real though but lasted for few weeks tongue just to know how crazy he is............... i said 2face's quality of music is depreciating in an ascending order after is first album , kinda disappointed on this one. The argument heated up when "The ascension" became 12th on billboard, he was like, didn't i tell you the album is super nice, and i told him that's the power of promotion, you can promote crap and it becomes even number one.... well.... still happy about that coz his representing Naija..... And we all know the funny thing about music the more you listen to it the more it make sense , because have started to like more tracks on the album now, for example track 1, 8 and 10( GO, Hate what you did to me and close to where you are ) i just found myself singing it all the long.

Overall, i will rate the album 6/10. which is very low for a musician like 2face, but all well and good lets just keep our finger-crossed for some of the video maybe it will help boost the mark smiley grin grin shocked

#team2babaanytimeanyday#

1 Like

Re: In-depth Album Review: 2face Idibia - 'ascension' by Eddy2cute(m): 9:09am On Aug 02, 2014
ebosse: As a 2Baba fan I almost cried when I listened to this Sh*t!..... This album should have been called "The Descension"... I don't even know what words to use to describe how terrible this album his!!!.. As bad as Dammy krane is he wouldn't release an album this whack!... Anyways as 2baba don decide to join the moving train of Nigerian whack song makers I've decided to move on jeje..
to simply enlighten your foolishness this same album is currently number 12 best selling album in the world. No nigerian or african artist has had that record before. So suck a d*ck and keep hating, slowpoke

1 Like

Re: In-depth Album Review: 2face Idibia - 'ascension' by azimibraun: 9:11am On Aug 02, 2014
But "seriously" anybody who truly truly loves 2face idibia form the bottom of his or her heart should try and I mean try letting 2face see this analysis of his album. Its the most fair, just, objective and expert analysis he can ever get. I wish I could get 2baba to see this. Nigerians will always be nigerians sha. If not, if I was close to 2face, I would make him see this and ensure that he acknowledges the fact that he saw this analysis. If possible he should have a meeting with this guy beats arena. This is the best love and gift 2face can ever get from a true fan. Beatsarena whoever you are, you have just dethroned me as the Numero uno 2baba fan on earth. But I must warn you, don't come close to trying to snatch Nas from me o! Dat one be say me and u go kill ourselves be dat. U sabi book bros.

1 Like

Re: In-depth Album Review: 2face Idibia - 'ascension' by MrHighSea: 9:15am On Aug 02, 2014
Vast write-up. Bros e b lyk na contractor u beo

1 Like

Re: In-depth Album Review: 2face Idibia - 'ascension' by Eddy2cute(m): 9:17am On Aug 02, 2014
Olusanya333: Look closer nd u will see it
guy there is no illuminatic parole there jaree, the hand is just a salute while the sign that looks like the illuminati triangle is just the A for the acension and the car that was design faded in between. So cut the illuminati crap here
Re: In-depth Album Review: 2face Idibia - 'ascension' by Nobody: 9:48am On Aug 02, 2014
famousdee:

The album will be good with time but the songs are not "super"

#team2face #humility

Bro, any decent song can be made into a hit track. No doubt confessions is a decent song, and by a big artist like 2face, trust me if he wants he can make it a hit track that would get everyone playing and dancing to.

All it takes is big big promotion. Create its own dance like skelewu, let people post videos of their dance versions on YouTube like oliver twist, give it a massive air play on FM stations. Then come back and tell me if it won't be a HIT song

1 Like

Re: In-depth Album Review: 2face Idibia - 'ascension' by fairheven: 10:19am On Aug 02, 2014
Hismusic has a way of" growing-on-you"
@OP,U talk of post-kennis music Album,is this his first post -kennis music Album?am sur not,
An he has done well out side of kennis music ,so there is not need for the comparison.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Chidinma & Flavour – 40 Yrs (Video) / Latest 3gp Music Videos / Wizkid, Olamide And Davido Battle For Best Male NEA Awards 2018 | Full List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.