Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,224 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:58 AM

Is Your Android Fake? Find Out Here - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Is Your Android Fake? Find Out Here (6437 Views)

How To Turn Your Photo To Cartoon Using Your Android Phone / How To Mirror Your Android Screen On Tv / How To Download incompatible apps to your Android e.g bbm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Your Android Fake? Find Out Here by Nsonaso(m): 9:53pm On Aug 01, 2014
Fellow Nigerians please beware of the numerous Chinese phone (eg TECNO, Infinix, oppson, innjoo, Huawei, GiONEE etc) flooding our country....

Some are mufactured with original hardware (with a certain spec), while some are manufactured with fake hardware (with uncertain spec)

I.e on paper their spec will be mouth watering but in reality their spec is a different story...

With MTK droidtool, you can detect if your phone hardware is genuine or fake.

How to use MTK DroidTool
1. Google for the latest version and download it to your PC
2. Connect your Android phone or Tablet and wait for it to be detected by your computer
3. After the necessary automatic installation, run the MTK DroidTool and wait for the response...

Attached is the picture of a friend TECNO Phantom Pad Mini (P9) with a fake hardware and a WOLTON Primo-X1 (aka GiONEE Dream D1) with genuine hardware.

Re: Is Your Android Fake? Find Out Here by Demlad99(m): 11:40pm On Aug 01, 2014
dayum shocked
Re: Is Your Android Fake? Find Out Here by Alexfabss: 12:14am On Aug 02, 2014
dat1 follow,if ona don know fake 1c how chiness pple go do
Re: Is Your Android Fake? Find Out Here by TrebleChamp(m): 8:09am On Aug 02, 2014
CPU-z can detect fake device too right?
Re: Is Your Android Fake? Find Out Here by lilmax(m): 8:18am On Aug 02, 2014
Nice one
Re: Is Your Android Fake? Find Out Here by Nobody: 8:55am On Aug 02, 2014
dem don start again bad belle people
Re: Is Your Android Fake? Find Out Here by enochogaga(m): 10:04am On Aug 02, 2014
Abegi nah u no, like my tecnose die
Re: Is Your Android Fake? Find Out Here by bigiyaro(m): 10:06am On Aug 02, 2014
So wat am i surpose to do, if i found out my droid is fake after buyin it, Return it? Pls advise.

2 Likes

Re: Is Your Android Fake? Find Out Here by alotofgrace(m): 10:07am On Aug 02, 2014
shivery in chinese embarassed
Re: Is Your Android Fake? Find Out Here by flawless911(m): 10:21am On Aug 02, 2014
Nsonaso: Fellow Nigerians please beware of the numerous Chinese phone (eg TECNO, Infinix, oppson, innjoo, Huawei, GiONEE etc) flooding our country....

Some are mufactured with original hardware (with a certain spec), while some are manufactured with fake hardware (with uncertain spec)

I.e on paper their spec will be mouth watering but in reality their spec is a different story...

With MTK droidtool, you can detect if your phone hardware is genuine or fake.

How to use MTK DroidTool
1. Google for the latest version and download it to your PC
2. Connect your Android phone or Tablet and wait for it to be detected by your computer
3. After the necessary automatic installation, run the MTK DroidTool and wait for the response...

Attached is the picture of a friend TECNO Phantom Pad Mini (P9) with a fake hardware and a WOLTON Primo-X1 (aka GiONEE Dream D1) with genuine hardware.
There's nothing fake about the P9's hardware sir.. The MT8389 is a variation of MT6589, but in this case the MT8389 is shipped for Tablets and the MT6589 for Phones.. The MT8389 is officially recognised by MediaTek (its maker), here's the official page for it on MediaTek's website: http://www.mediatek.com/en/products/mobile-communications/mobile-chipsets/tablet/mt8125-8389/

Also, view dis CPU Identifier screenshot taken on my Gionee E3, u can see that MT6589 is written besides MT8389 because they're both exactly the same..

The MTK Droid Tool probably doesn't know or recognize the MT8389 hence calling it "fake"

U can get more info on dis online.. Tnx

1 Like

Re: Is Your Android Fake? Find Out Here by Nobody: 10:30am On Aug 02, 2014
Opposite of original is China
Re: Is Your Android Fake? Find Out Here by Nsonaso(m): 11:41am On Aug 02, 2014
flawless911: There's nothing fake about the P9's hardware sir.. The MT8389 is a variation of MT6589, but in this case the MT8389 is shipped for Tablets and the MT6589 for Phones.. The MT8389 is officially recognised by MediaTek (its maker), here's the official page for it on MediaTek's website: http://www.mediatek.com/en/products/mobile-communications/mobile-chipsets/tablet/mt8125-8389/

Also, view dis CPU Identifier screenshot taken on my Gionee E3, u can see that MT6589 is written besides MT8389 because they're both exactly the same..

The MTK Droid Tool probably doesn't know or recognize the MT8389 hence calling it "fake"

U can get more info on dis online.. Tnx

Well bro... Read this very well

The LATEST MTK Droid Tools
v2.5.3 (I used to run my test) supports the latest MTK 6592 octa core processor, so how come it doesn't recognize MT8389?

If you read my topic very well... I said some phones/tablets-pcs are shipped with fake hardware
information. I.e on paper their specifications will be very tempting (great) but in reality, it is a different thing. For instance the HDC S4 Legend comes with
a fake " universal 5410 " cpu. But in reality its a MTK
6589 cpu. Which is uncertain in specifications

The same thing happened here: on paper TECNO claimed to use the MT8389 processor for its TECNO Phantom Pad P9 but in reality it's the MT6589.

I.e the MT8389 you think it powers your TECNO Phantom Pad Mini P9 is faked..... The real cup inside is MT6589

So am not saying that MT8389 is a fake CPU ok

I don't say what am not sure of..... You can check my treads bro
Re: Is Your Android Fake? Find Out Here by flawless911(m): 12:00pm On Aug 02, 2014
Nsonaso:

v2.5.3 (I used to run my test) supports the latest MTK 6592 octa core processor, so how come it doesn't recognize MT8389?

If you read my topic very well... I said some phones/tablets-pcs are shipped with fake hardware
information. I.e on paper their specifications will be very tempting (great) but in reality, it is a different thing. For instance the HDC S4 Legend comes with

The same thing happened here: on paper TECNO claimed to use the MT8389 processor for its TECNO Phantom Pad P9 but in reality it's the MT6589.

I.e the MT8389 you think it powers your TECNO Phantom Pad Mini P9 is faked..... The real cup inside is MT6589

It doesn't matter if it's MT6589 or MT8389, They're both the same exact thing.. That's my point
Re: Is Your Android Fake? Find Out Here by Osyxcel(m): 12:08pm On Aug 02, 2014

You don't understand what he wrote up there, do you?

MT6589 and MT8389 are the same. The former is used for phones while the latter is used for tablets.

The MTK Droidtools doesn't recognize MT8389, that is why it is seeing it as MT6589.

If the hardware is fake MTK, then MTKdroidtools won't be able to make any changes to the phone.

1 Like

Re: Is Your Android Fake? Find Out Here by flawless911(m): 12:30pm On Aug 02, 2014
Osyxcel:

You don't understand what he wrote up there, do you?

MT6589 and MT8389 are the same. The former is used for phones while the latter is used for tablets.

The MTK Droidtools doesn't recognize MT8389, that is why it is seeing it as MT6589.

If the hardware is fake MTK, then MTKdroidtools won't be able to make any changes to the phone.
Couldn't have said it better myself.. Bless u sir.. cool

1 Like

Re: Is Your Android Fake? Find Out Here by OlaksEinstein(m): 4:25pm On Sep 18, 2014
Cool one people!!! Get Innjoo i2 + Pouch + Handsfree for NGN20,500.00 only and Innjoo i1s + Pouch + Handsfree for NGN14,500.00, How cool? You wanna get this deal right? Please contact me.
Email: akinwandey@yahoo.com
Phone: 08182664799

(1) (Reply)

Nokia E72 Vs E71 Which Is Better / Htc V6 / Airtel 4G Finally Here People!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.