Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,596 members, 7,823,586 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:02 PM

Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! (203531 Views)

Anyone Studying In Belgium? / Anyone Studying In Lithuania? / Are There Any Nigerians In Portugal? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (60) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by Nobody: 1:03am On Aug 04, 2014
@TheRoyalPrince, I shouldn't ask how hard the Portuguese student visa is, I believe with right and genuine documents one will get it. But you know there are some embassies that even I you have every required documents , still one will have hard time.

Hence, What can you say about Portuguese embassy?

And for how long it takes to know and get your visa after interview?

Lastly, could you give out the website of the embassy ? Have searched online without seeing one, I even thought they don't have any.

Thanks.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by tlk2Prince(m): 2:11pm On Aug 04, 2014
Bros abeg wich university pesin fit apply for undergraduate programe in tourism management or comp. Science!!!! Demaejy howfa u na all weda fa. I tot u left naija since nah!
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by TheRoyalprince(m): 2:46pm On Aug 04, 2014
Demaejy: @TheRoyalPrince, I shouldn't ask how hard the Portuguese student visa is, I believe with right and genuine documents one will get it. But you know there are some embassies that even I you have every required documents , still one will have hard time.
Hence, What can you say about Portuguese embassy?
And for how long it takes to know and get your visa after interview?
Lastly, could you give out the website of the embassy ? Have searched online without seeing one, I even thought they don't have any.
Thanks.

Portuguese Embassy visa don't have bureaucracy and they don't conduct interview. If you submit genuine documents, I assured you by the special grace of God, you will get visa. The only thing about them is that they go extra mile to confirm the genuine and authenticity of your docs. If you forge any docs, they'll know except you use amadioha, juju, orisha babalawo and boka join. It takes a month to 2 months maximum to get their visa from that off application but most cases have seen is a months.
The embassy address is:
53, Usuma Street,
Maitama
Abuja
Nigéria
Phone
+234-9461-1443
Fax
+234-9460-2629
Website URL
http://www.secomunidades.pt/web/abuja

6 Likes

Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by moneybag100: 6:59pm On Aug 04, 2014
TheRoyalprince: I have friend at this school admission office and he told me that they offer admission to International student that don't speak portuguese language but prior to enrollment, the school will register you for Portuguese Language (B1 competency) for the 1st semester at a token amount less than 50 euro but the tuition fee is 2500 euro per session and you can pay in 10 months installment. The school name is Universidade de Tras-os-Montes e Alto Douro and the web is http://www.utad.pt/vEN/Pages/HomepageUtad.aspx
So bro....this school one can apply for undergraduate study with only w.a.e.c? Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by Nobody: 9:13pm On Aug 04, 2014
tlk2Prince: Bros abeg wich university pesin fit apply for undergraduate programe in tourism management or comp. Science!!!! Demaejy howfa u na all weda fa. I tot u left naija since nah!

Mann, I'm still around. The journey need$ proper plans I tell you. All will be well very soon. thanks !

1 Like

Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by Nobody: 9:14pm On Aug 04, 2014
TheRoyalprince:

Portuguese Embassy visa don't have bureaucracy and they don't conduct interview. If you submit genuine documents, I assured you by the special grace of God, you will get visa. The only thing about them is that they go extra mile to confirm the genuine and authenticity of your docs. If you forge any docs, they'll know except you use amadioha, juju, orisha babalawo and boka join. It takes a month to 2 months maximum to get their visa from that off application but most cases have seen is a months.
The embassy address is:
53, Usuma Street,
Maitama
Abuja
Nigéria
Phone
+234-9461-1443
Fax
+234-9460-2629
Website URL
http://www.secomunidades.pt/web/abuja
Thanks. You killed all the questions I asked. God bless you.

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by TheRoyalprince(m): 11:23pm On Aug 04, 2014
@tlk2Prince. Pls search the schools by yourself and get the info of the course you want to apply.
@moneybag100. You only need your SSCE and your Int'l passport to apply to that school. I have two Nigerians that were offered admission at the schools and they're currently processing their visa.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by moneybag100: 11:27pm On Aug 04, 2014
TheRoyalprince: @tlk2Prince. Pls search the schools by yourself and get the info of the course you want to apply.
@moneybag100. You only need your SSCE and your Int'l passport to apply to that school. I have two Nigerians that were offered admission at the schools and they're currently processing their visa.
Thanks.....will tell him to see ot their application tomorrow...
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by moneybag100: 11:49pm On Aug 04, 2014
TheRoyalprince: @tlk2Prince. Pls search the schools by yourself and get the info of the course you want to apply.
Sorry bro, I checked through it and couldn't see application form or where to apply there...though I check on phone...is their application closed? If not could you help with link........ so he don't need to pay school fess before visa is issued....please what and what document required by portuguese embassy for student visa or what document did you submitted.... Thanks.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by TheRoyalprince(m): 6:53am On Aug 05, 2014
@moneybag100. This is the application link. http://www.utad.pt/vPT/Area2/servicos/ServicosAcademicos/concursos/aes/Paginas/EstInt2014/home_ei.aspx
These are the major docs that embassy require: Bank Statement, Sponsor Letter, Police Character Report, Acceptance Letter, Accommodation Confirmation (though some school state accommodation address on acceptance letter while some schools issue letter for it). The embassy have right to request for additional documents.
Furthermore, you have to authenticate, verify and legalize your docs before you can apply for visa. You take your docs to Fed Min of Education, then to Fed Min of Foreign Affairs, then you pay N55,000 to the embassy lawyer chamber account which the embassy will give you payment teller to Zenith Bank. After payment, you submit one of the teller copy and your docs to the embassy. These process of verification and legalization takes 2 months and it is a very rigorous process.

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by TheRoyalprince(m): 6:54am On Aug 05, 2014
@moneybag100. This is the application link. http://www.utad.pt/vPT/Area2/servicos/ServicosAcademicos/concursos/aes/Paginas/EstInt2014/home_ei.aspx
These are the major docs that embassy require: Bank Statement, Sponsor Letter, Police Character Report, Acceptance Letter, Accommodation Confirmation (though some school state accommodation address on acceptance letter while some schools issue letter for it). The embassy have right to request for additional documents.
Furthermore, you have to authenticate, verify and legalize your docs before you can apply for visa. You take your docs to Fed Min of Education, then to Fed Min of Foreign Affairs, then you pay N55,000 to the embassy lawyer chamber account which the embassy will give you payment teller to Zenith Bank. After payment, you submit one of the teller copy and your docs to the embassy. These process of verification and legalization takes 2 months and it is a very rigorous process.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by TheRoyalprince(m): 7:12am On Aug 05, 2014
@All. I will be traveling to Madrid at any moment with my wife cos I have one or two things to do over there (advantage of schengen visa). I might not be online for some hours or days to reply your post but I do hope to be online. Whatever, i'll see what I can do to make justice to your post. Cheerz!

1 Like

Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by moneybag100: 8:14am On Aug 05, 2014
TheRoyalprince: @moneybag100. This is the application link. http://www.utad.pt/vPT/Area2/servicos/ServicosAcademicos/concursos/aes/Paginas/EstInt2014/home_ei.aspx
Thanks, which docs am to legalize? The weac, birth cert and? And when I checked through the application I saw test date...are they conducting an examination test before admitted?
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by tlk2Prince(m): 9:24am On Aug 05, 2014
Walahi "PROPER PLANIN" me don make some errors and it has cost me some huge amount of money, anyway I don WISE UP!!!
Demaejy:

Mann, I'm still around. The journey need$ proper plans I tell you. All will be well very soon. thanks !
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by tlk2Prince(m): 9:42am On Aug 05, 2014
@TheRoyalprince, is it too late to apply for undaergraduate programe? Am talkin abt University of Porto coz I cld not get thr deadline of application aswell application link...

Kind regards
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by Nobody: 10:31am On Aug 05, 2014
tlk2Prince: Walahi "PROPER PLANIN" me don make some errors and it has cost me some huge amount of money, anyway I don WISE UP!!!
Austria, right?
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by tlk2Prince(m): 6:41pm On Aug 05, 2014
Yahp!! AUSTRIA... So nah Portugal be ur target now
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by moneybag100: 2:34am On Aug 06, 2014
TheRoyalprince: @All. I will be traveling to Madrid at any moment with my wife cos I have one or two things to do over there (advantage of schengen visa). I might not be online for some hours or days to reply your post but I do hope to be online. Whatever, i'll see what I can do to make justice to your post. Cheerz!
Thanks, which docs am to legalize? The weac, birth
cert and? And when I checked through the
application I saw test date...are they conducting an
examination test before admitted?
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by monoformdude: 11:29am On Aug 06, 2014
moneybag100:
Thanks, which docs am to legalize? The weac, birth
cert and? And when I checked through the
application I saw test date...are they conducting an
examination test before admitted?
waec
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by Omojayejaye(m): 1:16pm On Aug 06, 2014
This thread is really gathering some momentum..
Pls can I get skool of €1500/yr in social sciences..(english taught) and geosciences msc coz I have searched with no results..theroyalprince pls ..explain more on the lawyer issue...hope it is not rigorous like austria package..moneybag100 how your application na..
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by moneybag100: 1:56pm On Aug 06, 2014
Omojayejaye: This thread is really gathering some momentum..
Pls can I get skool of €1500/yr in social sciences..(english taught) and geosciences msc coz I have searched with no results..theroyalprince pls ..explain more on the lawyer issue...hope it is not rigorous like austria package..moneybag100 how your application na..
I just want to start...I want theroyalprice answer if am to write any test or entrance exam before admitted.....and I will like him answer the question you asked about the lawyer issue.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by TheRoyalprince(m): 2:10pm On Aug 06, 2014
moneybag100:
Thanks, which docs am to legalize? The weac, birth cert and? And when I checked through the application I saw test date...are they conducting an examination test before admitted?

You're to legalize your educational docs only. E.g SSCE, Diploma Result/Transcript. if you're applying for M.Sc, the procedure is different.

4 Likes

Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by TheRoyalprince(m): 2:18pm On Aug 06, 2014
moneybag100:

The entrance exam is for Portuguese citizens and Foreigners living in Portugal. International Student applying out of Portugal don't need entrance exams.

4 Likes

Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by moneybag100: 2:20pm On Aug 06, 2014
TheRoyalprince:

You're to legalize your educational docs only. E.g SSCE, Diploma Result/Transcript. if you're applying for M.Sc, the procedure is different.
Okay bro....after legalizing my ssce , I will now take it to portugal embassy and with which documents to the lawyer? And will it take 2 months for the lawyer to be through with it?
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by TheRoyalprince(m): 2:35pm On Aug 06, 2014
Omojayejaye: This thread is really gathering some momentum..

Please browse the schools and get the info you want. Try bachelorportal.com and masterportal.com. You'll get the courses, tuition and language teaching mode of each school.
It is not rigorous like Austria, I got admission at University of Vienna then when I tried Austria but their pros and cons back me out. A guy convinced me about Norway and he duped me as well. I tried Sweden, and even wrote IELTS for Finland, all went awry. Fortunately, Allah make Portugal my way.
I understand your situation for asking hope it wasn't like Austria legalization. It wasn't but their verification of the docs you're legalizing is rigorous.

5 Likes

Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by TheRoyalprince(m): 2:38pm On Aug 06, 2014
moneybag100:
Okay bro....after legalizing my ssce , I will now take it to portugal embassy and with which documents to the lawyer? And will it take 2 months for the lawyer to be through with it?
You're 100% on track. "Your Head Dey There"
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by TheRoyalprince(m): 2:44pm On Aug 06, 2014
tlk2Prince: @TheRoyalprince, is it too late to apply for undaergraduate programe? Am talkin abt University of Porto coz I cld not get thr deadline of application aswell application link...
Kind regards
University of Porto application link is under construction, may be you check back later. Below is the link.
http://sigarra.up.pt/up/en/web_base.gera_pagina?p_pagina=1001533
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by Nobody: 2:45pm On Aug 06, 2014
TheRoyalprince:

The entrance exam is for Portuguese citizens and Foreigners living in Portugal. International Student applying out of Portugal don't need entrance exams.
We would like to knw more about the lawyer stuffs you are talking that it will be up to 2months to verify your docs. Thus, that means before one can get visa you will spend like 3months?

I hv been interacting with one school there since last year but I was told that I need to go to Portuguese High school to collect letter of equivalent of our High school to theirs. What can you say about this?
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by moneybag100: 2:47pm On Aug 06, 2014
TheRoyalprince:
You're 100% on track. "Your Head Dey There"
Thanks bro.....so after legalizing weac and which documents to take to lawyer?
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by TheRoyalprince(m): 4:07pm On Aug 06, 2014
moneybag100:
Thanks bro.....so after legalizing weac and which documents to take to lawyer?
Oga, Are you a journalist? Just take your WAEC to the embassy after everything at Fed Min of Edu and Foreign Affaairs, the embassy will know how to handle your doc with their lawyer. I don't think I will answer any question from you (moneybag100) regarding legalization.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by moneybag100: 4:26pm On Aug 06, 2014
TheRoyalprince:
Oga, Are you a journalist? Just take your WAEC to the embassy after everything at Fed Min of Edu and Foreign Affaairs, the embassy will know how to handle your doc with their lawyer. I don't think I will answer any question from you (moneybag100) regarding legalization.
Lol okay o. Oga theroyalprince.....don't want mistake ni since you have done it before....thanks.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by TheRoyalprince(m): 7:45pm On Aug 06, 2014
Demaejy:
We would like to knw more about the lawyer stuffs you are talking that it will be up to 2months to verify your docs. Thus, that means before one can get visa you will spend like 3months?
I hv been interacting with one school there since last year but I was told that I need to go to Portuguese High school to collect letter of equivalent of our High school to theirs. What can you say about this?
Yes, the visa takes close to 3 months including verification and legalization but most for B.Sc applicants.
The admission procedure for International Student was just changed with effect from this 2014/2015 session. Before it was called National Admission Procedure, the Ministry of Education were the one to make decision then. Talk to the school again and let them know that you're applying under International Students Status. What is the school name?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (60) (Reply)

How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa / Travelling To Canada-part2 / General New Zealand Student Enquires

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.