Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,491 members, 7,819,790 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:28 PM

Family And Careers- Break Or Make - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Family And Careers- Break Or Make (1830 Views)

How Do You Deal With Spouses That Have Different Opinion About Family And Life? / Do I Still Take Her To D Altar Or Make A U-turn? / DEBATE: Mother And Father Who Is More Important In The Family And Why ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Family And Careers- Break Or Make by snthesis(m): 10:52am On Aug 02, 2014
dear NL peeps,
I have been in a relationship with a hawtiepie, truth is ive been really kinda busy, so i maximize my free tyme to be with her, however it jst occurred to me that she is also very busy, even busier than I. now here lies the challenge, she works late evry day i.e 8pm (it also takes like 2hrs to get home), and gets called to the offices on saturday at least twice a month, sometimes on sunday shocked.
I planned to settle down with her but with this her busy schedule, I am having serious second thots, I practically will be living with a stranger, secondly who will take care of the Children when they eventually come.

pls if you are/have similar challenges, kindly share, also do you advise i break-up, cos i cant deal with this right now sad.

.......yeah- she works in the banking sector
Re: Family And Careers- Break Or Make by pickabeau1: 11:47am On Aug 02, 2014
where do u work

is the relationship a serious one
Re: Family And Careers- Break Or Make by snthesis(m): 12:19pm On Aug 02, 2014
yea, i kinda like her, but im considering the pros/con b4 getting really really serious
Re: Family And Careers- Break Or Make by pickabeau1: 2:20pm On Aug 02, 2014
snthesis: yea, i kinda like her, but im considering the pros/con b4 getting really really serious

What do u do
Re: Family And Careers- Break Or Make by snthesis(m): 5:20pm On Aug 02, 2014
pickabeau1:

What do u do
watz d relationship btw my job and the topic?

1 Like

Re: Family And Careers- Break Or Make by pickabeau1: 5:22pm On Aug 02, 2014
if u have issues with a womans profession but feel yours is not an issue...Dont bother...

2 Likes

Re: Family And Careers- Break Or Make by snthesis(m): 5:56pm On Aug 02, 2014
pickabeau1: if u have issues with a womans profession but feel yours is not an issue...Dont bother...
common, are u kidding me

d woman runs the home mehn!!! haba if both of us are out, wu looks after the Children?
Re: Family And Careers- Break Or Make by pickabeau1: 6:15pm On Aug 02, 2014
snthesis:
common, are u kidding me

d woman runs the home mehn!!! haba if both of us are out, wu looks after the Children?

Exactly why i asked what u do, some guys have flexible hours and can handle child care responsibilties...

Mehnnnn!!!

How can i guess if u dont give me information

Other pertinent information will be how open are you or her to getting a less stressful job..

3 Likes

Re: Family And Careers- Break Or Make by Nobody: 6:55pm On Aug 02, 2014
pickabeau1:
What do u do

The Poster is a part time dreamer and script writer, one point he had a hot wife who got a job working on shore and he wasnt sure if he should let her accept the job.

Another time he wanted to choose between getting married and buying a range rover.

Now he is dating a career lady. Chai.

4 Likes

Re: Family And Careers- Break Or Make by pickabeau1: 6:56pm On Aug 02, 2014
aisha2:

The Poster is a part time dreamer and script writer, one point he had a hot wife who got a job working on shore and he wasnt sure if he should let her accept the job.

Another time he wanted to choose between getting married and buying a range rover.

Thanks.. my bad

Assumed it was someone with a serious decision myself

3 Likes

Re: Family And Careers- Break Or Make by snthesis(m): 7:39pm On Aug 02, 2014
aisha2:

im serious this time, besides, other folks will get to benefit from an open discussion
Re: Family And Careers- Break Or Make by richyblink1(m): 8:34pm On Aug 02, 2014
Think you are still having difficulty understanding the real meaning of marriage, commitment, togetherness and sacrifice.

I and my better half works in the aforementioned sector. She comes back later than you mentioned because of tràfic and the section she works. I on the other hand closes around 5:30/6 daily, and gets home latest 6 because of proximity.

For the past 1year, i take care of meals and house chores from Monday to Friday, while she take over Saturdays and Sundays. I have never complained or grumble. I always feel on top of the world while cooking for her. You need to see the type of prayers and peck I get each time she comes home to see that I have washed the dishes and prepare dinner for her. Not minding the fact that I have to stay hungry most times till she returns so we can eat together.

Broo, if you truly understand the rudiments of love, marriage and togetherness, you will notice one thing, Sacrifice (tolerance, endurance and selflessness)

17 Likes

Re: Family And Careers- Break Or Make by snthesis(m): 8:39pm On Aug 02, 2014
richyblink1: Think you are still having difficulty understanding the real meaning of marriage, commitment, togetherness and sacrifice.

I and my better half works in the aforementioned sector. She comes back later than you mentioned because of tràfic and the section she works. I on the other hand closes around 5:30/6 daily, and gets home latest 6 because of proximity.

For the past 1year, i take care of meals and house chores from Monday to Friday, while she take over Saturdays and Sundays. I have never complained or grumble. I always feel on top of the world while cooking for her. You need to see the type of prayers and peck I get each time she comes home to see that I have washed the dishes and prepare dinner for her. Not minding the fact that I have to stay hungry most times till she returns so we can eat together.

Broo, if you truly understand the rudiments of love, marriage and togetherness, you will notice one thing, Sacrifice (tolerance, endurance and selflessness)

tanx bruv, this is the kind of insightful post i'm looking for. i have a question or two

1. whats your take on having children? who looks after them?
2. would you/her sacrifice career over raising the family? or just sacrifice family over career
Re: Family And Careers- Break Or Make by richyblink1(m): 9:22pm On Aug 02, 2014
snthesis:

tanx bruv, this is the kind of insightful post i'm looking for. i have a question or two

1. whats your take on having children? who looks after them?
2. would you/her sacrifice career over raising the family? or just sacrifice family over career

1. After her 3 months maternity leave, her mom will still be around till the baby is a bit strong for daycare.
2. Raising family is not a career nor a full time job, it's an obligation attached to parenthood. A man gat to do what he gat to do. Likewise a woman

5 Likes

Re: Family And Careers- Break Or Make by snthesis(m): 10:10pm On Aug 02, 2014
richyblink1:

1. After her 3 months maternity leave, her mom will still be around till the baby is a bit strong for daycare.
2. Raising family is not a career nor a full time job, it's an obligation attached to parenthood. A man gat to do what he gat to do. Likewise a woman

im sorry to say, that isnt thinking it through, i have an experience of a couple currently facing this challenge, the husband wants her to resign to take care of the baby, and she is holding so much resentment towards him right now.

another colleague of mine, doesnt see her children till weekend, reason being that she leaves the home before they wake up and gets home wen they are fast asleep, shes is a stranger in her home, hence my reason for creating this thread isnt it better to address this fully prior to marriage or like my case just go for a chic with a less demanding job undecided
Re: Family And Careers- Break Or Make by Nobody: 3:56pm On Aug 03, 2014
richyblink1: Think you are still having difficulty understanding the real meaning of marriage, commitment, togetherness and sacrifice.

wowww...this is one of the best posts I hv read on nl, was even smiling while reading it cool... This is a man who knows the true meaning of love and marriage..God bless your home smiley smiley

3 Likes

Re: Family And Careers- Break Or Make by ireneidiva(f): 5:27pm On Aug 03, 2014
snthesis:

im sorry to say, that isnt thinking it through, i have an experience of a couple currently facing this challenge, the husband wants her to resign to take care of the baby, and she is holding so much resentment towards him right now.

another colleague of mine, doesnt see her children till weekend, reason being that she leaves the home before they wake up and gets home wen they are fast asleep, shes is a stranger in her home, hence my reason for creating this thread isnt it better to address this fully prior to marriage or like my case just go for a chic with a less demanding job undecided
What do you want to hear? She should leave her job and get married to you? Well, you won't hear that. He is telling you what works for him, I think you should try paying attention instead!

1 Like

Re: Family And Careers- Break Or Make by Nobody: 5:33pm On Aug 03, 2014
Why don't you tell HER what you are telling us here? Have you?
She is your partner, you should be able to discuss such issues together.

2 Likes

Re: Family And Careers- Break Or Make by richyblink1(m): 8:14pm On Aug 03, 2014
snthesis:

Don't tell me you are actually thinking of asking her to quit her job or something. Days are gone when women sacrifice their hard earned cert because of marriage or inferiority complex.

Or are you actually trying to tell us that you are one of those men who believe women are less of a human to a man. Until you understand that women equally have blood flowing through their veins, have younger ones, mother, father, and relatives to equally take care of, you will start seeing her as you see yourself.

Until we (men) start seeing our wife's as we see ourselves, treat them with respect, accord them certain privileges without sentiment of them being weaker vessels, our homes will keep being a war zone

9 Likes

Re: Family And Careers- Break Or Make by pickabeau1: 11:59am On Aug 04, 2014
richyblink1
Quitting her current job maynot mean he wants a housewife
However he has not said much so i dont blame you for your assumptions
Re: Family And Careers- Break Or Make by Nobody: 12:10pm On Aug 04, 2014
https://www.nairaland.com/1350826/should-get-married-buy-range
dear NL members,
i need your advice.
i am in my late 20's got a good payin Job, unfortuntely/fortunately met a beautiful angel 5months ago ( twasnt planned). a few hours ago was almost tempted to ask her to marry me, but sum1 interrupted our blues.
so I'm back home, and contemplating my decision to settle down,
economically, it would involve
1. moving out of my rent free abode- accommodation (2yrs+ Agency) =1.9million naira
2. furnishing = 1million naira
3. wedding hall = 1million naira
4. entertainment of guest (traditional + white wedding) = 1million naira
5. Honeymoon tinz = 1million naira
grand total for settling down = 5.9million naira

alternatively
i cud just buy a tokunmbo Range Rover = 3.5million naira and use the change to be a "Bigs Boy"

i have the said money, so i aint sourcing, so pls by fellow NL members what should i Do, PROPOSE, marry, and settle down or buy a RANGE rOVER AND BE A bIGZ bOY. undecided

Hi everyone.
i need some serious advice urgently, my wife is a nurse she just got an offer for a new job, the salary for one month is enough to pay our houserent for the year. I am also working, but money from her side would improve our lifestyles- dats why i encouraged her not to resign.
the problem is my wife is super hot and i rushed into marrying cos i didnt want anyone to have her- i guard her seriously, but this new job is giving me nightmares -couldnt sleep throughout the night. she's still waiting for my approval, should i let her go or not?

p.s
she got a job to work as a nurse on an offshore platform- 3weeks on, one week off. and i've heard so much about those Hot engineers(and they also have lots of money to splash around), imagine my sweet angel alone with all those men. sad sad sad sad

(Quote) (Report) (Like)

https://www.nairaland.com/977487/s.o.s-wifes-new-job

1 Like

Re: Family And Careers- Break Or Make by cococandy(f): 1:37pm On Aug 04, 2014
kiss
richyblink1:

Don't tell me you are actually thinking of asking her to quit her job or something. Days are gone when women sacrifice their hard earned cert because of marriage or inferiority complex.

Or are you actually trying to tell us that you are one of those men who believe women are less of a human to a man. Until you understand that women equally have blood flowing through their veins, have younger ones, mother, father, and relatives to equally take care of, you will start seeing her as you see yourself.

Until we (men) start seeing our wife's as we see ourselves, treat them with respect, accord them certain privileges without sentiment of them being weaker vessels, our homes will keep being a war zone
Re: Family And Careers- Break Or Make by Nobody: 2:21pm On Aug 04, 2014
MarvellousGod: wowww...this is one of the best posts I hv read on nl, was even smiling while reading it cool... This is a man who knows the true meaning of love and marriage..God bless your home smiley smiley

Oh me too. embarassed

I was even crying . Now I believe there is still hope. Though he still fell in my 1 %.

* now hand over the handkerchief*

1 Like

Re: Family And Careers- Break Or Make by Nobody: 2:23pm On Aug 04, 2014
Chillisauce:
Oh me too. embarassed
I was even crying . Now I believe there is still hope. Though they he still fall in my 1 %.
* now hand over the handkerchief*

Hiannnnn oh, sharing handkerchief in these days of ebola, oya oh
Re: Family And Careers- Break Or Make by Nobody: 2:25pm On Aug 04, 2014
aisha2:

Hiannnnn oh, sharing handkerchief in these days of ebola, oya oh

cheesy
Ebola ke. You didn't even say the yama yama that will follow the handkerchief.
Ewwww.

1 Like

Re: Family And Careers- Break Or Make by Nobody: 2:26pm On Aug 04, 2014
Chillisauce:

cheesy
Ebola ke. You didn't even say the yama yama that will follow the handkerchief.
Ewwww.

cry Cry Catarh
Re: Family And Careers- Break Or Make by cococandy(f): 5:55pm On Aug 04, 2014
grin grin grin

Chillisauce is right about not taking some peeps seriously here.

Let me finish laughing first.

Ok on a serious note,maybe he divorced the nurse wife and wants to marry this new one on this thread now.

aisha2: https://www.nairaland.com/1350826/should-get-married-buy-range
dear NL members,
i need your advice.
i am in my late 20's got a good payin Job, unfortuntely/fortunately met a beautiful angel 5months ago ( twasnt planned). a few hours ago was almost tempted to ask her to marry me, but sum1 interrupted our blues.
so I'm back home, and contemplating my decision to settle down,
economically, it would involve
1. moving out of my rent free abode- accommodation (2yrs+ Agency) =1.9million naira
2. furnishing = 1million naira
3. wedding hall = 1million naira
4. entertainment of guest (traditional + white wedding) = 1million naira
5. Honeymoon tinz = 1million naira
grand total for settling down = 5.9million naira

alternatively
i cud just buy a tokunmbo Range Rover = 3.5million naira and use the change to be a "Bigs Boy"

i have the said money, so i aint sourcing, so pls by fellow NL members what should i Do, PROPOSE, marry, and settle down or buy a RANGE rOVER AND BE A bIGZ bOY. undecided

Hi everyone.
i need some serious advice urgently, my wife is a nurse she just got an offer for a new job, the salary for one month is enough to pay our houserent for the year. I am also working, but money from her side would improve our lifestyles- dats why i encouraged her not to resign.
the problem is my wife is super hot and i rushed into marrying cos i didnt want anyone to have her- i guard her seriously, but this new job is giving me nightmares -couldnt sleep throughout the night. she's still waiting for my approval, should i let her go or not?

p.s
she got a job to work as a nurse on an offshore platform- 3weeks on, one week off. and i've heard so much about those Hot engineers(and they also have lots of money to splash around), imagine my sweet angel alone with all those men. sad sad sad sad

(Quote) (Report) (Like)

https://www.nairaland.com/977487/s.o.s-wifes-new-job

2 Likes

Re: Family And Careers- Break Or Make by Abrilla(f): 6:04pm On Aug 04, 2014
Snthesis are they troubling you from your village?
Who do you this kind thing oh

1 Like

Re: Family And Careers- Break Or Make by snthesis(m): 11:51am On Aug 06, 2014
pickabeau1: richyblink1
Quitting her current job maynot mean he wants a housewife
However he has not said much so i dont blame you for your assumptions

yea u understand my point of view, i was simply asking if it is viable dating sum1 having a busy if not busier work schedule than me. Also if you are such a relationship how are you handling it? any regrets?
Re: Family And Careers- Break Or Make by pickabeau1: 11:53am On Aug 06, 2014
snthesis:

yea u understand my point of view, i was simply asking if it is viable dating sum1 having a busy if not busier work schedule than me. Also if you are such a relationship how are you handling it? any regrets?

Viability is relative and depends on the unique circumstances
It worked for some, not for others
Re: Family And Careers- Break Or Make by Nobody: 9:28pm On Aug 06, 2014
snthesis:
pls if you are/have similar challenges, kindly share, also do you advise i break-up, cos i cant deal with this right now sad.

.......yeah- she works in the banking sector
If you can't deal with it then let her know your fears right now who knows she may make the sacrifice of changing her job for you and both of you live happy after !!

If she won't bulge and you can't live with it then Quit ...... Marriage is easier to get into but challenging to sustain !

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bathing Your New Born Baby / Dear Cynthia, How Can I Get A Relative To Leave My House Peacefully.. / Pastor's Wife Sues Him To Court 4 Starving & Denying Her Of Sex(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.