Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,758 members, 7,851,593 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 11:58 PM

My Problem With The Respect Shown To Men In African Societies - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Problem With The Respect Shown To Men In African Societies (3328 Views)

You Won't Have Problem With Your Mother In Law If You Follow These Steps / 5 Signs Of Irresponsibility Shown By Men / Fell@tio and cunnil!ngu.s-a Taboo In African Marriages. Where Do We Start? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Problem With The Respect Shown To Men In African Societies by Nobody: 8:14am On Aug 05, 2014
Olivia111: Our sexual identity is largely shaped by what we
learned in slavery. Christianity and the entire
concept that a woman was created for a man
HEAVILY dictates the perceptions of what an african
relationship is supposed to be about. African
women still hold on to very strict, very limiting,
indeed very detrimental beliefs about what it
means to be a “real” African man and their
expectations thereof.
All too often, Black women want to use their supposed “gay dar” to identify any man who isn’t hyper-masculine. They make
up the most absurd, most childish things, things
that have nothing whatsoever to do with a
person’s sexual preference, to call out men who
aren’t “real men”. Black women hold men to this
ideal and have no tolerance for any deviation of
the sort, quick to emasculate them if they show a
tiny sign of vulnerability. They end up in
relationships with men who are emotionally
immature, men who are “hard”, who are not really
men but boys in the bodies of adult males and
then they cry and moan that there are no real
men and lament about the frustrations of a
relationship with someone totally incapable of
being committed and partnered.
They are the same women who are MOST apt to want the traits
in men who are the most detrimental to a healthy
relationship. They want a man who is hyper
masculine, who will pay all the bills and provide
unlimited access to funds with no strings
attached, who will blow their back out in bed, etc.

Men who identify their manhood by rap songs,
movies, and video games are immature. Men who
are obsessed with money will not share it freely,
and men who are addicted to sex will cheat on
you faster than you can blink an eye.
Even though you have spoken very truly, not many here are going to agree with your analysis. There seems a tacit agreement between the male and female folks for the African woman to completely submit to her spouse. If anything, it's probably a dating quality watched out for by men as they go hunting for wives, the same way their African ancestors went hunting for game.
It's like the society has been firmly built around that idea and any deviation could very well spell the end of society itself. Try to argue against it and meet a band of fighters immediately up in arm against you.

2 Likes

Re: My Problem With The Respect Shown To Men In African Societies by Nobody: 8:25am On Aug 05, 2014
donroxy: Now I think I understand you pretty well !!

There is difference between Education and Civilisation and no doubt you think you are well civilised but I think you are not adequately educated !!

You have adequately given a well suited definition for Manhood and a particular concept you included striked me which is ''patriarchal'' roles

What are Patriarchal Roles ?

What are Matriarchal Roles ?

What degree of skills are needed to prosecute both ?

Are patriarchal roles exclusive to man ?

Are matriarchal role exclusive to women ?

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

In the olden days when civilisations were still @ birth, and the only means of displaying Authority is Strength in war , Composure in Hardship and the Ability to withstand pains .....

The Manly folks have proof their worth Justifiably or Injustifiably to earn and command their respect without question and in some civilisations , we have seen womanly folks who have stand up to challenge their men and win the duel and were accorded same respect as that of Men !!

Marital and relationship wise , Civilisation that accord more regards to women has not been proven more successful than Civilisation where Man is a symbol of Authority !

and Regarding your blashpeme of GOD and its insecurity , I already posited that ''you are civilised but not educated'' and anybody with such features can never have well grounded knowledge on issues bordering on Education ..........

If you think God is insecure to chain women to Man since you are wiser than Most High , why can't you unchain yourself .... grin

Do you know that you are even exact opposite of what you stand on this thread cuz Right now you are crying to Man to liberate their women

Justifiably or Injustifiably , Man has proof their worth of respect from women through History !!

We are wired differently, we are complements but whether you are going to rank or not, One is surely @ the top of the game than other when the chips boil down and One need to pay obeisance to the other's superior prowess in this game of Life !!

Don't fight for respect , Earn It !

This is ignorant writing at its best, the display of thoughtless rants only excusable because you are anonymous and sit behind your own computer and keyboard. The right to limitless internet access does not justify this overt display of complete cluelessness. Wtf!

Even amidst all your grammatical errors, which is painful enough, it's incredible to detect such a pained masculine ego which isn't giving a chance for human progression. What brutal ego you do possess!

4 Likes

Re: My Problem With The Respect Shown To Men In African Societies by crackhaus: 8:29am On Aug 05, 2014
^^^
shockedshocked

grin
Re: My Problem With The Respect Shown To Men In African Societies by Kanwulia: 8:31am On Aug 05, 2014
What do we do?
Any change in the price of suya for ABOKI basket? grin
Re: My Problem With The Respect Shown To Men In African Societies by Nobody: 8:39am On Aug 05, 2014
But how the bejesus did this thread dissolve from its initial intelligent, technical and thought-provoking nature into this slimy meet-up zone for chitty-chatty women?
Defeats me! undecided

1 Like

Re: My Problem With The Respect Shown To Men In African Societies by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 8:51am On Aug 05, 2014
When you have no points and basically nothing to say, start correcting the grammar wink

1 Like

Re: My Problem With The Respect Shown To Men In African Societies by Nobody: 8:59am On Aug 05, 2014
sauer:
This is ignorant writing at its best, the display of thoughtless rants only excusable because you are anonymous and sit behind your own computer and keyboard. The right to limitless internet access does not justify this overt display of complete cluelessness. Wtf!

Even amidst all your grammatical errors, which is painful enough, it's incredible to detect such a pained masculine ego which isn't giving a chance for human progression. What brutal ego you do possess!
Your foolishness is second to none and what you posted up there is simply the senselessness of a crude African Man !!

If you have a contrary Opinion you should have posted it and let us all into your own view of the issue and we can all learn !

My grammatical blunders can also be pointed out because I'm a Yoruba Man and I don't think an average EnglishMan could have written my mother's tongue the way I did in that post !

Nonetheless, you people should all be the change you clamoured for , you just displayed the attitude of a poor African Man from the remote part of civilisation who only come on board to condemn without adding any value nor foresight !!

Blinded fool !

2 Likes

Re: My Problem With The Respect Shown To Men In African Societies by Nobody: 9:04am On Aug 05, 2014
donroxy: Your foolishness is second to none and what you posted up there is simply the senselessness of a crude African Man !!

If you have a contrary Opinion you should have posted it and let us all into your own view of the issue and we can all learn !

My grammatical blunders can also be pointed out because I'm a Yoruba Man and I don't think an average EnglishMan could have written my mother's tongue the way I did in that post !

Nonetheless, you people should all be the change you clamoured for , you just displayed the attitude of a poor African Man from the remote part of civilisation who only come on board to condemn without adding any value nor foresight !!

Blinded fool !
I didn't and I'm not going to exchange words with you. I only have great pity for Nigerian men like you who spew rubbish at the sight of an independent black lady. wink
Re: My Problem With The Respect Shown To Men In African Societies by Nobody: 9:13am On Aug 05, 2014
sauer:
I didn't and I'm not going to exchange words with you. I only have great pity for Nigerian men like you who spew rubbish at the sight of an independent black lady. wink
Pity yourself if you can't take up the masculinity in you to protect , defend and take up the femininity in her !!

Who wake Up early in the morning with hot brain grin

Sauer sour sewage sower !! ...... Ode ni e olohun ngbo grin
Re: My Problem With The Respect Shown To Men In African Societies by cococandy(f): 9:15am On Aug 05, 2014
EfemenaXY:

Beeevan (you've got an extra 'e' in your name? cheesy ), Cococandy... that wig isn't such a bad idea for those ladies that'll eventually go bald. At least it's guaranteed to keep the head warm during the winter / cold seasons cheesy cheesy

What wig? I'm lost.
Good morning.
Anyway it seems like some folks are vexing for us. Let me jejely comot cheesy

Poor OP. If this thread makes front page,hope she's ready for the fragile egos that will come breathing fire on her smiley
Re: My Problem With The Respect Shown To Men In African Societies by Nobody: 9:42am On Aug 05, 2014
donroxy: Pity yourself if you can't take up the masculinity in you to protect , defend and take up the femininity in her !!

Who wake Up early in the morning with hot brain grin

Sauer sour sewage sower !! ...... Ode ni e olohun ngbo grin
smiley

1 Like

Re: My Problem With The Respect Shown To Men In African Societies by Nobody: 1:03pm On Aug 05, 2014
CAMNEWTON4PRES: When you have no points and basically nothing to say, start correcting the grammar wink

Long time no see camcam, good to see you're still carrying this patriarchy business on your head like your father's property smiley
Re: My Problem With The Respect Shown To Men In African Societies by Nobody: 1:04pm On Aug 05, 2014
sauer:
If anything, it's probably a dating quality watched out for by men as they go hunting for wives, the same way their African ancestors went hunting for game.
It's like the society has been firmly built around that idea and any deviation could very well spell the end of society itself. Try to argue against it and meet a band of fighters immediately up in arm against you.

Great points sauer smiley

1 Like

Re: My Problem With The Respect Shown To Men In African Societies by onila(f): 6:46pm On Aug 05, 2014
CAMNEWTON4PRES: When you have no points and basically nothing to say, start correcting the grammar wink
cool
Re: My Problem With The Respect Shown To Men In African Societies by Nobody: 9:15pm On Aug 05, 2014
EfemenaXY:

Now you're reminding me of my Nan. She used to fix hers herself. It was long, but not long-long. smiley

I don't know about becoming softer, but I do know that it tends to 'thin out'. So yeah, I guess that what you mean by it getting softer. I read somewhere a long time ago that when the hair goes grey / white from old age, for those who really live long, the hair then starts to revert to it's original colour. Can't for the life of me remember what that process is called...There is a medical term for it.

I think it's actually softer, cos the hair becomes less curly . You may be right .
Pls stop talking about old age. Tenk smiley
Re: My Problem With The Respect Shown To Men In African Societies by EfemenaXY: 10:36pm On Aug 05, 2014
cococandy:

What wig? I'm lost.
Good morning.
Anyway it seems like some folks are vexing for us. Let me jejely comot cheesy

Poor OP. If this thread makes front page,hope she's ready for the fragile egos that will come breathing fire on her smiley

cheesy cheesy

Sorry babes - was referring to Beeevan's and Chilli's discussion about wigs and glue cheesy

Chillisauce:
I think it's actually softer, cos the hair becomes less curly . You may be right .
Pls stop talking about old age. Tenk smiley

Lol! I just dey contribute to wetin una start na!

Okay, okay, won't say no more smiley
Re: My Problem With The Respect Shown To Men In African Societies by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 10:20am On Aug 06, 2014
Women, smh ^

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

7 Confirmed Signs Of A Baby Boy During Pregnancy / . / My Wife Denied Me From Having S*x Since I Lost My Job Nigerian Man Cries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.