Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:32 AM

Elderly People's Curse And Blessing: Superstion Or Fact? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Elderly People's Curse And Blessing: Superstion Or Fact? (8688 Views)

Elderly Nigerian Couple On A Romantic Date At A Park / My Sister Is Making Her Success A Curse To Our Family / Catching The Bouquet At A Wedding- Myth Or Fact? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Elderly People's Curse And Blessing: Superstion Or Fact? by Nobody: 5:29pm On Aug 02, 2014
I've been wondering...almost every traditions or cultures promotes the "fact" that when elderly people curse or blesses somebody it surely must come to pass. I've searched the internet for any article or facts supporting this belief but sadly I haven't come across one. Even the bible seems to support the motion..atleast the one I know {Esau and Jacob's incident}..
Now my fellow NL'ers what do you have to say about this belief? Is it a superstion or a fact {reality}?
If it's a fact..why?

2 Likes

Re: Elderly People's Curse And Blessing: Superstion Or Fact? by nairamaverick(m): 5:49pm On Aug 02, 2014
just superstition except there's another thing involved.... wink

7 Likes

Re: Elderly People's Curse And Blessing: Superstion Or Fact? by Nobody: 6:24pm On Aug 02, 2014
nairamaverick: just superstition except there's another thing involved.... wink
what?

2 Likes

Re: Elderly People's Curse And Blessing: Superstion Or Fact? by GboyegaD(m): 6:27pm On Aug 02, 2014
I for one do not believe in those things.
Re: Elderly People's Curse And Blessing: Superstion Or Fact? by Nobody: 6:56pm On Aug 02, 2014
GboyegaD: I for one do not believe in those things.
your reasons sire?...Some people do.

1 Like

Re: Elderly People's Curse And Blessing: Superstion Or Fact? by Nobody: 7:05pm On Aug 02, 2014
It depends on the reason why the curse and blessing was laid.
Re: Elderly People's Curse And Blessing: Superstion Or Fact? by Nobody: 7:15pm On Aug 02, 2014
I totally believe the phrase ‘there is power in the tongue’. So for me, not only peeps with grey hair and less teeth but anyone can curse and bless you, and it's a fact.

18 Likes

Re: Elderly People's Curse And Blessing: Superstion Or Fact? by nairamaverick(m): 7:35pm On Aug 02, 2014
Nobleval: what?
charm...what else
Re: Elderly People's Curse And Blessing: Superstion Or Fact? by Danhumprey: 7:54pm On Aug 02, 2014
Me sef dey wonder o!
Re: Elderly People's Curse And Blessing: Superstion Or Fact? by Nobody: 7:56pm On Aug 02, 2014
Ceasar1: I totally believe the phrase ‘there is power in the tongue’. So for me, not only peeps with grey hair and less teeth but anyone can curse and bless you, and it's a fact.
based on hearsay or do you have any proof?

4 Likes

Re: Elderly People's Curse And Blessing: Superstion Or Fact? by Gratia(f): 7:57pm On Aug 02, 2014
if you deserve the curse = fact
if you are innocent=superstition

21 Likes

Re: Elderly People's Curse And Blessing: Superstion Or Fact? by Nobody: 7:57pm On Aug 02, 2014
berem: It depends on the reason why the curse and blessing was laid.
you are confusing somebody here angry
Re: Elderly People's Curse And Blessing: Superstion Or Fact? by Nobody: 7:59pm On Aug 02, 2014
Gratia: if you deserve the curse = fact
if you are innocent=superstition

lol...straight to the point!

But please elaborate.
Re: Elderly People's Curse And Blessing: Superstion Or Fact? by delpee(f): 10:09pm On Aug 02, 2014
Don't curse and avoid being cursed. There is power in the word and things usually take effect in the spiritual realm before they manifest physically. (For those who understand!)

8 Likes

Re: Elderly People's Curse And Blessing: Superstion Or Fact? by GboyegaD(m): 11:00pm On Aug 02, 2014
Nobleval: your reasons sire?...Some people do.

Because I see it as people ranting I mean the curses. As for the blessings, if it is a prayer, it is left to God to answer it and not necessarily what they say.
Re: Elderly People's Curse And Blessing: Superstion Or Fact? by shadowwalker101: 12:06am On Aug 03, 2014
I don't even know sef
[img]http://www.?aff=391[/img]
Re: Elderly People's Curse And Blessing: Superstion Or Fact? by UnknownT: 12:08am On Aug 03, 2014
30 Guests having a field day viewing the thread! You guys should register and start enjoying what members are enjoying
Re: Elderly People's Curse And Blessing: Superstion Or Fact? by Ranchhoddas: 12:09am On Aug 03, 2014
I don't know!
Re: Elderly People's Curse And Blessing: Superstion Or Fact? by Nobody: 12:10am On Aug 03, 2014
will like 2 know 2
Re: Elderly People's Curse And Blessing: Superstion Or Fact? by dstnd: 12:11am On Aug 03, 2014
happy first Sunday of the month
Re: Elderly People's Curse And Blessing: Superstion Or Fact? by Tucees(f): 12:12am On Aug 03, 2014
There's power in the tongue. My parents spoke life into a seemingly dead situation! I use to complain a lot about my businesses slow progress and how things just aint working out in the business and in my life! My mum spoke goodness into my life and my business. She blessed my business and my relationship! She called on her maker! Challenging Him that if He is not the one that gave her this child (me) let Him continue to sit and watch things go wrong for me but If He is the one that formed me in her wombs let things turn around for good for me! And I'm a living witness today that her prayers actually had a positive effect on my life (thanks mum) so you can imagine if it has been a curse she made! Where you thing say I for dey today?

6 Likes

Re: Elderly People's Curse And Blessing: Superstion Or Fact? by Emilliw3m(m): 12:12am On Aug 03, 2014
*in olamide's voice* Question for the gods
Re: Elderly People's Curse And Blessing: Superstion Or Fact? by Bootybuttchic(f): 12:13am On Aug 03, 2014
not for sale oooo.....not even ebay can make u gerrit

curse or prayer undecided...all i knw is who God has blesses no man can curse!!! ....age is only a number in most situations,not all oldies are good cos they are old...u shall be judged by ur handwork...dat why hair on your head just shows how long you have been on this earth undecided
Re: Elderly People's Curse And Blessing: Superstion Or Fact? by godG: 12:13am On Aug 03, 2014
I won't feel it is superstitious to believe in it. The whole idea behind the whole belief is for one not to inflict pain on the elderly ones. The whole idea is to be respectful when dealing with the aged.

For me, I believe one should also be kind to and respect those we are older than. Some pikins dey if them swear for you...
Re: Elderly People's Curse And Blessing: Superstion Or Fact? by sirjohnson(m): 12:16am On Aug 03, 2014
Are you sure you searched the internet well? I just found an article about it, here: www.nv57fp6i529

It is so real. There is power in the tongue.

1 Like

Re: Elderly People's Curse And Blessing: Superstion Or Fact? by Rapsainot(m): 12:17am On Aug 03, 2014
It's not superstitious when it comes to some oldies like this

3 Likes

Re: Elderly People's Curse And Blessing: Superstion Or Fact? by samnificent(m): 12:17am On Aug 03, 2014
Wait for my Grandma to curse u... den get ur answer...
Re: Elderly People's Curse And Blessing: Superstion Or Fact? by ifeelgood: 12:17am On Aug 03, 2014
Real oooo
Re: Elderly People's Curse And Blessing: Superstion Or Fact? by dstnd: 12:17am On Aug 03, 2014
GboyegaD: I for one do not believe in those things.
wait make I curse u with kolanut n oil
Re: Elderly People's Curse And Blessing: Superstion Or Fact? by Thebrightest(m): 12:17am On Aug 03, 2014
When my great great great grand mother was alive, she cursed a monkey that ate her banana which she kept in the compound with an Ebola infection and it was so. The monkey eventually died of it.

1 Like

Re: Elderly People's Curse And Blessing: Superstion Or Fact? by ibdeals1(m): 12:19am On Aug 03, 2014
..... lipsrsealed
Re: Elderly People's Curse And Blessing: Superstion Or Fact? by Nobody: 12:19am On Aug 03, 2014
DORO PUNNY

DORO CURSE

DORO FACT

DORO NA LIE

DORO SUPERSTITION

DORO BOSSOM

DORO DOBO

DORO DOKO

DORO WETIN REMAIN SEF

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Want To Leave My Husband / A Gay Wants To Commit Suicide. Advice Him / Pls Where Is Edo State Liason Office Located In Lagos?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.