Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,474 members, 7,816,118 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:33 AM

Catching The Bouquet At A Wedding- Myth Or Fact? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Catching The Bouquet At A Wedding- Myth Or Fact? (24812 Views)

Groom Throws Bouquet At Friends... See What The Guys Did...lol / Ghanaian Lady Commits Suicide After Catching Her Mum With Her Husband / Elderly People's Curse And Blessing: Superstion Or Fact? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Catching The Bouquet At A Wedding- Myth Or Fact? by specialguest(f): 6:24pm On May 25, 2013
When you catch the bouquet at a wedding everyone starts saying "congratulations you are next" and that got me wondering is it like handing over the baton to the next in line during a marathon race or its purely a goodluck charm?
Has anyone actually caught a bouquet and was next to get married?
Re: Catching The Bouquet At A Wedding- Myth Or Fact? by Nobody: 7:06pm On May 25, 2013
Lol,i have caught numerous bouquets in wedding ceremonies and guess what

i am so single.that stuff is a freaking myth.i've been catching bouquets since i've been 17.if you come to my room,you will see loads of flowers from pink to blue,to yellow.lol.i just catch it for fun and not because i am hoping to get married.meanwhile all thanks to my skills in basketball cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Catching The Bouquet At A Wedding- Myth Or Fact? by specialguest(f): 8:23pm On May 25, 2013
Hahahhahha grin grin grin @ kulyie. Maybe you caught so many thats why you are still yet to get married. I think it actually works. Last year at a friend's wedding a particular former school mate of mine caught the bouquet and at that time she was not even in any serious relationship. Everyone kept singing funmi you are next, and she kept laughing. well she is getting married next month and for real she happens to be the next. So i am targeting the bouquet at her wedding lolzz. 10 inch heels will give me the height advantage i need to catch it wink

1 Like

Re: Catching The Bouquet At A Wedding- Myth Or Fact? by aadetoyin(f): 9:04pm On May 25, 2013
Its a myth jor! I ve friend's dat used to scramble over bouquets and they re yet to get married.

@kulyie, ROTFL. If I were u, I'll stop trying to catch them because am sure ur friends already joke bout u n ur love for bouquets. Plus re u using it to decorate ur room ni? Just wondering what u do with them. U beta donate them to an event designer.
Re: Catching The Bouquet At A Wedding- Myth Or Fact? by Nobody: 9:48pm On May 25, 2013
kulyie: Lol,i have caught numerous bouquets in wedding ceremonies and guess what

i am so single.that stuff is a freaking myth.i've been catching bouquets since i've been 17.if you come to my room,you will see loads of flowers from pink to blue,to yellow.lol.i just catch it for fun and not because i am hoping to get married.meanwhile all thanks to my skills in basketball cheesy

I can imagine you punching and climbing on the other competitors to catch the flowers.
grin grin tongue

Funny enough, during those period, I don't normally come out to catch, I just hide one corner when they say singles line up for that.

No time, make person no tire my dress.

It's supposed to be good luck charm, makes the person sit up in terms of relationship matter.
Re: Catching The Bouquet At A Wedding- Myth Or Fact? by Nobody: 9:53pm On May 25, 2013
specialguest: Hahahhahha grin grin grin @ kulyie. Maybe you caught so many thats why you are still yet to get married. I think it actually works. Last year at a friend's wedding a particular former school mate of mine caught the bouquet and at that time she was not even in any serious relationship. Everyone kept singing funmi you are next, and she kept laughing. well she is getting married next month and for real she happens to be the next. So i am targeting the bouquet at her wedding lolzz. 10 inch heels will give me the height advantage i need to catch it wink
lol.its just coincidence.anyway its a thing of the mind though smiley
Re: Catching The Bouquet At A Wedding- Myth Or Fact? by Nobody: 10:02pm On May 25, 2013
Vikin:

I can imagine you punching and climbing on the other competitors to catch the flowers.
grin grin tongue

Funny enough, during those period, I don't normally come out to catch, I just hide one corner when they say singles line up for that.

No time, make person no tire my dress.

It's supposed to be good luck charm, makes the person sit up in terms of relationship matter.
lol i remember i used to catch bouquets then,but as i got towards 23,24 i stopped that not because my hope of getting married was dashed,because i wasnt even hoping in the first place,i decided to sit and watch other youngsters catching the bouquet.i was feeling too mature to be chasing after bouquets.is it when i go to a wedding wearing iro abd buba with heels that i will now be struggling with other girls young enough to be my kid sisters age.ko jo men.you know there are some things you have to outgrow.meanwhile

the bouquet i get for room don do cheesy

1 Like

Re: Catching The Bouquet At A Wedding- Myth Or Fact? by slimyem: 10:45pm On May 25, 2013
Myth..I think!
Infact, the weddings I've seen lately,the singles of marriageable ages don't even come out to catch the bouquet anymore. Its mostly excited teens that do and they do it for fun.
A 16 year old caught the bouquet at the last wedding I attended. Is that to say she's getting married anytime soon?

1 Like

Re: Catching The Bouquet At A Wedding- Myth Or Fact? by Nobody: 10:59pm On May 25, 2013
slimyem: Myth..I think!
Infact, the weddings I've seen lately,the singles of marriageable ages don't even come out to catch the bouquet anymore. Its mostly excited teens that do and they do it for fun.
A 16 year old caught the bouquet at the last wedding I attended. Is that to say she's getting married anytime soon?
gbam.that is it
Re: Catching The Bouquet At A Wedding- Myth Or Fact? by Nobody: 11:03pm On May 25, 2013
aadetoyin: Its a myth jor! I ve friend's dat used to scramble over bouquets and they re yet to get married.

@kulyie, ROTFL. If I were u, I'll stop trying to catch them because am sure ur friends already joke bout u n ur love for bouquets. Plus re u using it to decorate ur room ni? Just wondering what u do with them. U beta donate them to an event designer.
lol.infact like you know what happened to me.my frinds tease me a lot back then about the bouquet thing especially when i was in my teenage years.the thing is just there for decorating my room sha.cheesy and we use it when we have family parties

of course i dont run after bouquets again,that was for when i was still in secondary school and 1oo,2oo level
Re: Catching The Bouquet At A Wedding- Myth Or Fact? by Gudintent: 11:37pm On May 25, 2013
I once caught a bouquet by accident and ended up with a POP. I was only 12yrs old cry
Re: Catching The Bouquet At A Wedding- Myth Or Fact? by specialguest(f): 11:40pm On May 25, 2013
Gudintent: I once caught a bouquet by accident and ended up with a POP. I was only 12yrs old cry

shocked who permitted a 12 year old to scramble for a bouquet. At that age you should be doing little bride. Anyway did you get married soon after that?
Re: Catching The Bouquet At A Wedding- Myth Or Fact? by mainadia(f): 11:46pm On May 25, 2013
Which kain yeye fact...? Av bn catching bouquet since i ws lyk 15yrs and am yet to marry sef.
Am always catching it cos i just love going home with it... Nothing more!
Re: Catching The Bouquet At A Wedding- Myth Or Fact? by specialguest(f): 11:49pm On May 25, 2013
kulyie: lol i remember i used to catch bouquets then,but as i got towards 23,24 i stopped that not because my hope of getting married was dashed,because i wasnt even hoping in the first place,i decided to sit and watch other youngsters catching the bouquet.i was feeling too mature to be chasing after bouquets.is it when i go to a wedding wearing iro abd buba with heels that i will now be struggling with other girls young enough to be my kid sisters age.ko jo men.you know there are some things you have to outgrow.meanwhile

the bouquet i get for room don do cheesy

I can see you've been really lucky, i have never caught a bouquet as far as i can remember but somehow i managed to return home on two occasions with it. The first one the lady who caught the bouquet forgot it in my car when she got off and the second time the bride actually gave me to hold it for her till it was time to throw it, somehow we forgot and skipped that part so it became mine.
Re: Catching The Bouquet At A Wedding- Myth Or Fact? by Nobody: 11:57pm On May 25, 2013
specialguest:

I can see you've been really lucky, i have never caught a bouquet as far as i can remember but somehow i managed to return home on two occasions with it. The first one the lady who caught the bouquet forgot it in my car when she got off and the second time the bride actually gave me to hold it for her till it was time to throw it, somehow we forgot and skipped that part so it became mine.
lol awwww :*
Re: Catching The Bouquet At A Wedding- Myth Or Fact? by specialguest(f): 12:20am On May 26, 2013
mai nadia: Which kain yeye fact...? Av bn catching bouquet since i ws lyk 15yrs and am yet to marry sef.
Am always catching it cos i just love going home with it... Nothing more!

You and kulyie have a lot in common then. tongue

1 Like

Re: Catching The Bouquet At A Wedding- Myth Or Fact? by Yvete(f): 3:18am On May 26, 2013
Myth. I've never been interested in catching anyone's bouquet. My highly superstitious friend told me that she's scared of 'catching bad luck' so the last time we went to a wedding in Dallas, we refused to stand up. Lolz. She has caught 7 bouquets grin and her relationships don't improve. Well, she's disappointed.
Re: Catching The Bouquet At A Wedding- Myth Or Fact? by greatgod2012(f): 4:44am On May 26, 2013
Its myth joor!
I for one have never caught one in my life and the lady that caught mine over 8 years ago is still very single till now.
I believe its mere coincidence if a lady get married almost immediately after catching boquets.

1 Like

Re: Catching The Bouquet At A Wedding- Myth Or Fact? by Nobody: 7:52am On May 26, 2013
specialguest:

You and kulyie have a lot in common then. tongue
lol cheesy
Re: Catching The Bouquet At A Wedding- Myth Or Fact? by Nobody: 7:55am On May 26, 2013
specialguest:

shocked who permitted a 12 year old to scramble for a bouquet. At that age you should be doing little bride. Anyway did you get married soon after that?
lol cheesy a 12 year old is too big for little bride na.she can only be a flower girl cheesy little brides are for kids between 4-5 year old cheesy
Re: Catching The Bouquet At A Wedding- Myth Or Fact? by slimyem: 9:26am On May 26, 2013
Yvete: Myth. I've never been interested in catching anyone's bouquet My highly superstitious friend told me that she's scared of 'catching bad luck' so the last time we went to a wedding in Dallas, we refused to stand up. Lolz. She has caught bouquets 7 times grin and her relationships don't improve. Well, she's disappointed.
cheesycheesy
Re: Catching The Bouquet At A Wedding- Myth Or Fact? by Ninilowo(m): 11:40am On May 26, 2013
I think it signifies the bride throwing away her virginity nah. grin whoever likes fit catch am joor
Re: Catching The Bouquet At A Wedding- Myth Or Fact? by specialguest(f): 11:46am On May 26, 2013
greatgod2012: Its myth joor!
I for one have never caught one in my life and the lady that caught mine over 8 years ago is still very single till now.
I believe its mere coincidence if a lady get married almost immediately after catching boquets.

Damn 8 years ago and she is still single, nawa o madam u sure say no be badluck charm u give her? Lolz but seriously it works for some i.e my very unstable and unserious friend who caught one in November and she is getting married next month.. I believe there's power in words so when people start saying you are next, it might just happen.
Re: Catching The Bouquet At A Wedding- Myth Or Fact? by Nobody: 1:52pm On May 26, 2013
Ninilowo: I think it signifies the bride throwing away her virginity nah. grin whoever likes fit catch am joor
which 'faarjeenity' abeg no make me laugh o.how many brides dey marry as virgin

the last time i checked pregnancy before marriage is the in thing now.pregnant brides too throw bouquets so i wonder the faarjinity that they are throwing cheesy orisirisi cheesy
Re: Catching The Bouquet At A Wedding- Myth Or Fact? by slimyem: 2:20pm On May 26, 2013
Ninilowo: I think it signifies the bride throwing away her virginity nah. grin whoever likes fit catch am joor
it was the garter whose representation was some sort of virginal girdle and thrown at guests not the bouquet.
Re: Catching The Bouquet At A Wedding- Myth Or Fact? by NoQualms1(f): 7:32pm On May 26, 2013
I guess it's a myth. I never caught any before my wedding. The lady that caught mine is not yet married. It's just two weeks though, lol.

1 Like

Re: Catching The Bouquet At A Wedding- Myth Or Fact? by aadetoyin(f): 8:35pm On May 26, 2013
specialguest:

Since u now have 2 bouquets to ur name I hope u re married now grin abi wen should we come n eat rice grin grin

1 Like

Re: Catching The Bouquet At A Wedding- Myth Or Fact? by specialguest(f): 9:30am On May 27, 2013
aadetoyin:

Since u now have 2 bouquets to ur name I hope u re married now grin abi wen should we come n eat rice grin grin

My dear the rice still dey thailand o, i dey wait make them import am reach nija before i go call wuna cheesy. But literarily you know i didnt catch the bouquet instead i stole them, so i guess that explains why i wasnt next cry
Re: Catching The Bouquet At A Wedding- Myth Or Fact? by aadetoyin(f): 10:19am On May 27, 2013
specialguest:

My dear the rice still dey thailand o, i dey wait make them import am reach nija before i go call wuna cheesy. But literarily you know i didnt catch the bouquet instead i stole them, so i guess that explains why i wasnt next cry
But u didn't steal them na! Ok. Try to catch one so that we can fast forward to eating of our rice from Thailand
Re: Catching The Bouquet At A Wedding- Myth Or Fact? by greatgod2012(f): 12:55pm On May 27, 2013
specialguest:

Damn 8 years ago and she is still single, nawa o madam u sure say no be badluck charm u give her? Lolz but seriously it works for some i.e my very unstable and unserious friend who caught one in November and she is getting married next month.. I believe there's power in words so when people start saying you are next, it might just happen.

lol, the lady was just around 17-18 years old then.
Re: Catching The Bouquet At A Wedding- Myth Or Fact? by Nobody: 4:27pm On May 27, 2013
No Qualms: I guess it's a myth. I never caught any before my wedding. The lady that caught mine is not yet married. It's just two weeks though, lol.
Latest arrival.happy married life!

2 Likes

Re: Catching The Bouquet At A Wedding- Myth Or Fact? by Nobody: 8:57pm On May 27, 2013
It's a myth,i never caught any and didn't throw mine, I forgot.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Are Fathers Overprotective Of Their daughters? / ‘Men With Many Wives Live Longer Than Those With Just One’- 91-year Old Man / That Childish Act You Still Engage In As An Adult

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.