Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,895 members, 7,814,025 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:41 AM

114 Medical Doctors Graduates From Unilorin - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 114 Medical Doctors Graduates From Unilorin (3399 Views)

69 Bag First Class As 6,710 Students Graduated From UNILORIN / Photos From Unilorin Students' Union Election Manifesto / Aliko Dangote's Daughter Graduates From Coventry University (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

114 Medical Doctors Graduates From Unilorin by oluwadanie1(m): 7:50pm On Aug 02, 2014
A total of 114 medical doctors graduated from the University of Ilorin (UNILORIN) on Wednesday, 30th July 2014. The Vice-Chancellor of UNILORIN, Professor Abdulganiyu Ambali, congratulated the doctors and urged them to uphold all the ethics of the profession.

Prof. Ambali, represented by at the ceremony by the Provost, College ofHealth Sciences, Professor Ayotunde Omotosho, lamented that the poor state of economy had made quality healthcare delivery system un-affordable by the citizens.

He also noted that the university had constantly emphasised the role of medical education in equipping the present generation of doctors for today’s health needs.

Prof. Omotosho however urged the government to enact laws on health care, adding that the budgetary allocation should reflect a high priority on the health of the populace.
http://acadaloaded./2014/08/02/114-medical-doctors-graduates-from-unilorin/
Re: 114 Medical Doctors Graduates From Unilorin by ModoetForma(m): 7:57pm On Aug 02, 2014
Congrats to them 600L students o.....I'm also an mbbs student in cohs. Good work VC ambali. And to prof omotosho, good work too.

2 Likes

Re: 114 Medical Doctors Graduates From Unilorin by houstonia(m): 7:59pm On Aug 02, 2014
just in time to join the strike. smh

1 Like

Re: 114 Medical Doctors Graduates From Unilorin by durella4(m): 8:29pm On Aug 02, 2014
Congrates 2 dem,i pray i also graduate as an mbbs very soon.

1 Like

Re: 114 Medical Doctors Graduates From Unilorin by TVTKOKO(m): 8:36pm On Aug 02, 2014
Make dem defend their certs. go treat ebola victims!

1 Like

Re: 114 Medical Doctors Graduates From Unilorin by Nobody: 8:41pm On Aug 02, 2014
I love Unilorin for their fast calendar.
They are a reputable school also.

Ijust love that insitution.

1 Like

Re: 114 Medical Doctors Graduates From Unilorin by Nobody: 9:37pm On Aug 02, 2014
Hello sir
ModoetForma: Congrats to them 600L students o.....I'm also an mbbs student in cohs. Good work VC ambali. And to prof omotosho, good work too.
wah level

1 Like

Re: 114 Medical Doctors Graduates From Unilorin by ModoetForma(m): 9:39pm On Aug 02, 2014
DrHesjay: Hello sirwah level

300L

1 Like

Re: 114 Medical Doctors Graduates From Unilorin by Nobody: 9:43pm On Aug 02, 2014
Wow.... Can we talk sir? Whatsapp? BBM? EMail?
ModoetForma:

300L

1 Like

Re: 114 Medical Doctors Graduates From Unilorin by ModoetForma(m): 9:51pm On Aug 02, 2014
DrHesjay: Wow.... Can we talk sir? Whatsapp? BBM? EMail?

Are you also a medical student here?

1 Like

Re: 114 Medical Doctors Graduates From Unilorin by Nobody: 10:04pm On Aug 02, 2014
Yea... Kinda kinda
ModoetForma:

Are you also a medical student here?

1 Like

Re: 114 Medical Doctors Graduates From Unilorin by ModoetForma(m): 12:13am On Aug 03, 2014
DrHesjay: Yea... Kinda kinda
It looks like you might be an aspirant. Blast your utme,blast your p utme . Your 100L level is very crucial. Many medical students are usually withdrawn at this stage. Avoid anything less than c in your grades. There is a policy of not having more than 3 d's or 1 F. I don't know if that still applies now but that was the case then. Failure to meet these requirements can hinder you from moving on to 200L. 100L is usualy the pre med stage tho so you still do your physics, chemistry and co. You must pass all these courses o. The exam was CBT. I don't know about now. Your 100L rain semester too, tackle all those physics very well. They are kinda thick. Succesful completion of the 100L sees you move on to 200 L also , students from branching departments like anatomy and physiology are allowed to cross into medicine depending on how conc your GP is. I don't know if that still applies now. 200L levels sees you being introduced to the cbd/ibs programe during harmattan semester in which you write an exam afterwards. There is no grading of students so its usually a pass/fail system whereby, getting anything less than 50 means fail. Also note that 100L level is usually done at the maincampus (ps) so at leats you can freestyle small before you cross over to cohs in uith. 200L rain semester sees you do another program to ( I can't remember the name) but you will be tested with a comprehensive exam at the end of the day and you must pass them o. The comprehensive exam is like a promotional exam. You are being tested on all you've learnt from your physiology, anatomy and biochemistry. Within these periods, you go for tje cobes program where you are beaing posted to different parts of the states for different assignments. At the end of the programe, you'll also be given exams on integrated papers. You must pass it o. Na like the 4th time I go talk am be this. After your 200L tho, you have a very lenghty break . The begining of 300L sees successful candidates from 200L start with another cobes program after which you write another integrated paper exam. Programs are done,exams are witten in 300L. You also get to write your first MB in 300L and you must pass these exams o mr man. Successful candidates from 300L the cross into 400L. 400L has a very lenghty calender year. In 400L, programs are done, exams are written , MB's are written and you must pass them o. 400L also marks the end of the basic medical year and successful students cross into 500L. 500L marks the begining of the clinical year.Its highly clinically oriented lots of courses to take and exams both internal and external are written and you must pass them o. This is like the 7th time I'm emphasizing on this. You also go for cobes in 500L. 600L too is also similar to 500L. You have lots of programs to do,exams to write as well as your mb's and you must pass these exams.Then from there, you can start thinking of what the future holds for you.

Best Wishes.

3 Likes

Re: 114 Medical Doctors Graduates From Unilorin by oluwadanie1(m): 1:40am On Aug 03, 2014
TVTKOKO: Make dem defend their certs. go treat ebola victims!

cheesy grin grin cheesy
Re: 114 Medical Doctors Graduates From Unilorin by oluwadanie1(m): 1:41am On Aug 03, 2014
durella4: Congrates 2 dem,i pray i also graduate as an mbbs very soon.

Amen
Re: 114 Medical Doctors Graduates From Unilorin by Nobody: 9:55am On Aug 03, 2014
ModoetForma:
It looks like you might be an aspirant. Blast your utme,blast your p utme . Your 100L level is very crucial. Many medical students are usually withdrawn at this stage. Avoid anything less than c in your grades. There is a policy of not having more than 3 d's or 1 F. I don't know if that still applies now but that was the case then. Failure to meet these requirements can hinder you from moving on to 200L. 100L is usualy the pre med stage tho so you still do your physics, chemistry and co. You must pass all these courses o. The exam was CBT. I don't know about now. Your 100L rain semester too, tackle all those physics very well. They are kinda thick. Succesful completion of the 100L sees you move on to 200 L also , students from branching departments like anatomy and physiology are allowed to cross into medicine depending on how conc your GP is. I don't know if that still applies now. 200L levels sees you being introduced to the cbd/ibs programe during harmattan semester in which you write an exam afterwards. There is no grading of students so its usually a pass/fail system whereby, getting anything less than 50 means fail. Also note that 100L level is usually done at the maincampus (ps) so at leats you can freestyle small before you cross over to cohs in uith. 200L rain semester sees you do another program to ( I can't remember the name) but you will be tested with a comprehensive exam at the end of the day and you must pass them o. The comprehensive exam is like a promotional exam. You are being tested on all you've learnt from your physiology, anatomy and biochemistry. Within these periods, you go for tje cobes program where you are beaing posted to different parts of the states for different assignments. At the end of the programe, you'll also be given exams on integrated papers. You must pass it o. Na like the 4th time I go talk am be this. After your 200L tho, you have a very lenghty break . The begining of 300L sees successful candidates from 200L start with another cobes program after which you write another integrated paper exam. Programs are done,exams are witten in 300L. You also get to write your first MB in 300L and you must pass these exams o mr man. Successful candidates from 300L the cross into 400L. 400L has a very lenghty calender year. In 400L, programs are done, exams are written , MB's are written and you must pass them o. 400L also marks the end of the basic medical year and successful students cross into 500L. 500L marks the begining of the clinical year.Its highly clinically oriented lots of courses to take and exams both internal and externa l are written and you must pass them o. This is like the 7th time I'm emphasizing on this. You also go for cobes in 500L. 600L too is also similar to 500L. You have lots of programs to do,exams to write as well as your mb's and you must pass these exams.Then from there, you can start thinking of what the future holds for you.

Best Wishes.
lol..... m not an aspiranto.. a 200lvl peep
Re: 114 Medical Doctors Graduates From Unilorin by ModoetForma(m): 12:53pm On Aug 03, 2014
DrHesjay: lol..... m not an aspiranto.. a 200lvl peep
200L going to 300L or 100L going to 200L.
Re: 114 Medical Doctors Graduates From Unilorin by Nobody: 9:18pm On Aug 03, 2014
ModoetForma:
200L going to 300L or 100L going to 200L.
d latter sir

(1) (Reply)

2014 Rankings Of Nigerian Universities.. Rep Your School / 2017/2018 Admission Guide For Corona College Of Education / You'd Be Surprised You Use These Words Everyday But They Do Not Exist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.