Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,372 members, 7,829,959 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:10 PM

We Are Able(a Touching Story) - Literature (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / We Are Able(a Touching Story) (118421 Views)

We Are Able (A Touching Story) / We Are Able (A TOUCHING STORY) / My Story, My Life (A Touching Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (35) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Eneze1(f): 12:35pm On Sep 15, 2014
Thanks SammyHoe for this update
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Trypa(f): 2:20pm On Sep 15, 2014
Sammy please try n update we are watin. Loving ur story can i plz get u bbm pin please tnx
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by PrinceAdepoju(m): 4:18pm On Sep 15, 2014
We are able.
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by spembassy: 4:34pm On Sep 15, 2014
Patiently waiting to see the end of TOYOSI. Sammy abeg no fall my hand oooo.
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by MuniratAbolanl(f): 6:28pm On Sep 15, 2014
I am able
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Maryclaire1(f): 7:01pm On Sep 15, 2014
Indeed we are
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by tenajtek(f): 8:04pm On Sep 15, 2014
I thought dis story ended with d last sentence until i remembered that nothing has been done to Toyosi. angry

1 Like

Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by tattesco(m): 5:50am On Sep 16, 2014
Good morning
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Nobody: 8:41am On Sep 16, 2014
Trypa: Sammy please try n update we are watin. Loving ur story can i plz get u bbm pin please tnx

I'm sorry I deleted my bbm. I will. Download anoda. But u can reach me thru whatsapp...08087755117
Thanks.
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Nobody: 8:50am On Sep 16, 2014
I shld be updating right now but due to my Airtel line which is not connecting, I haven't. I will start typing right now. Thanks.
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Niwdog(m): 9:37am On Sep 16, 2014
Owk..i still tander dey wait for update
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by tescoleps(f): 9:54am On Sep 16, 2014
Nice work. U are really talented. Following....
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by tescoleps(f): 9:56am On Sep 16, 2014
#waiting patiently....
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by bookj(f): 11:01am On Sep 16, 2014
Me I dey para o, update u no update, even on EBIAG
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Cindydearie(f): 12:34pm On Sep 16, 2014
Waiting
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by D9ty7(m): 1:05pm On Sep 16, 2014
Watchout for this new action story that hopefully will blow your mind for the next couple of moths, a crime story Titled:
ALL IN A CIRCLE.
It is a story of a father and his two sons, one a criminal and the
other a policeman. The father is the chief sponsor of the most notorious
terrorist group in the country where his son is the main hitman unknown
to him and his second so is on a quest in figuring out the
terrorists(his brother) and their sponsors(his father)
Sit back, relax and enjoy the story.
LOVE- AFFECTION- BETRAYAL- ROMANCE- CRIME- MURDER- FAMILY- ENEMITY- THE
GAME- IN ONE FAMILY- IN ONE CIRCLE.
The link to the story is.....
https://www.nairaland.com/1882637/all-circle-crime-story.
It has started already so please don't miss out.
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by PrinceAdepoju(m): 3:34pm On Sep 16, 2014
Toyosi might repent later.
No one can tell.

Feed us, Sammy.
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by labaski(f): 4:40pm On Sep 16, 2014
SammyHoe: I shld be updating right now but due to my Airtel line which is not connecting, I haven't. I will start typing right now. Thanks.
are u still typing
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by oghenekome51(f): 5:03pm On Sep 16, 2014
the story got tears in ma eyes! We are able, very touching.............
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Nobody: 10:09pm On Sep 16, 2014
Sammy! Where are you undecided?
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by mzlizabelle(f): 10:57pm On Sep 16, 2014
Finally, I'm here.
God bless you Sammy.
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by seunviju(f): 1:08pm On Sep 17, 2014
Truly we are able
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Cindydearie(f): 2:35pm On Sep 17, 2014
Sammy where u dey
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Akeemdeco(m): 2:41pm On Sep 17, 2014
WE NEED UR ATTENTION HERE@ MR SAMMY
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Trypa(f): 2:53pm On Sep 17, 2014
[img][/img]Oga sammy what is happening na how u are gud plz we are waiting sad
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Nobody: 2:54pm On Sep 17, 2014
I just subscribed for Airtel #1500 two days back and they ended the 1+1 plan I subscribed for. Now I can't browse. So bear with me if you don't get regular update because I don't have cash to buy another plan at the moment. Thanks.

Update in progress.
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Nobody: 2:55pm On Sep 17, 2014
[b]CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE

On and on I lived a happy life with the children of Mrs Omotayo. If only I could live with them forever, I wouldn't have anything to worry about.

I was obsessed with the love of Biodun to the extent that I learnt the Braille method of writing, since that was the only way I could communicate with him without asking for the help of Laide his sister.

If only Biodun had eyes, it had been better. He would have learnt the sign language too. I found the sign language the easiest means of communicating.

I acquired the material for writing in Braille, the paper, the pin, then I began to write:

Dear Biodun,
I have been wanting to tell you this all the while but I didn't know how to express myself because I am a female and you are the male. However, I thought it doesn't matter.
The simple truth is that I want us to be lovers. It may be funny, a deaf mute girl dating a blind guy. How would they communicate with each other? How would they protect each other? I shall do all I could to protect you, Biodun, and no hurt would come to you while I live. I love you as you are because Love Is Blind. Infact, love is also deaf and dumb. In summary, I LOVE YOU. Pls reply me.
Rose.

Bode was spying at me while I was writing it. I took the paper and began to make for the garden to give him. I didn't want to give it to him myself, else he wouldn't take me serious.

I pushed Laide's wheelchair to him and Laide gave it to him after a brief conversation between them. Biodun didn't read it at once. He just held it in his right palm.

I was disappointed.

The day after, I began to await Biodun's response, but he didn't say anything. I even asked Laide to ask him on my behalf if he had read it. Laide herself didn't seem to understand the content of the letter I wrote in Braille.

Maybe I didn't write it well, I thought. Perhaps my English was bad. However, Biodun's disposition towards me didn't change. He remained as he used to. I doubted if he read the letter at all. If he had read it, then he should either show more interest in me or show hatred for me; he shouldn't be sitting on the floor.

During the second term holiday, Bode did something very annoying as he was wont doing. It was a shock when I saw Laide lying on the floor, her wheelchair lying upended on top of her body. She was weeping profusely.

I rushed with impulse to raise her up. When she was up, she began to point towards the back of the house. I rushed there and found Biodun tied to the mango tree. His mouth was gagged such that he couldn't shout. I began to loose him. No one needed to tell me that it was Bode's doing.

As I bent to loose his feet, an elbow landed straight on my spinal cord. I fell in excruciating pain. Bode laughed.

I began to rise with the little strength remaining in me. Bode opened his dry lips and slotted in a mango leaf to remind me of my situation. The chemical in my head mixed together. I groaned like a wounded Lion ready to attack.

Bode rushed forward to hit Biodun whose feet were still tied to the tree; only his hands were now free. His fist landed on Biodun's face. His mouth went wide apart for a scream. I knew he was screaming when I saw the shape of his mouth. I couldn't bear it.

I lurched forward immediately. Bode didn't expect me to reply his attack on Biodun because I had been living like a dummy ever since my mother was imprisoned. He realised how serious I was only after my slap had rocked his cheek. I knew he felt it so much; the impact was immense, like an earthquake.

Bode rushed at me with full force and gored me down. I was angry. I lost my guard, else I should not have fallen down. However, I had Bode's cloth in my grip. I pulled it until he was also on the floor beside me.

I turned Bode around and beat him black and blue. I sat on his back as I turned his neck to the sun and filled his mouth with sand. I believed Biodun was hearing Bode's cry. It would do me proud before him; perhaps he would reconsider me and reply my letter. I untied Biodun at once and rushed back to deal with Bode who had just managed to get up his feet.

I grabbed Bode by the neck and put my fingers into his nostrils, wanting to tear them apart. Bode pleaded for mercy but I wouldn't listen or I didn't hear him speak. But his gestures carried it all.

Biodun even came between us to stop me. I listened for his sake and left Bode alone. The boy ran like thunder and rushed into the room, shutting the door against himself.

I held Biodun by the hand and put a hand around his neck as I led him to the front of the house. Biodun and Laide laughed. They were talking to each other. Laide saw Bode while he was running into the house, filled with tears.

I led them inside their house and sat on a chair.

Laide tore a piece of paper and wrote something in it; something she had just discussed with Biodun and felt I should 'hear' it too. I read.

Now I believe we are able indeed. If three disabled people could conquer Bode, an ablebodied young boy, then it means that Bode is the disabled and WE ARE ABLE

Laide said it wasn't all yet. She said she had a gift for me:

What's that? I wrote back.

Laide asked me to wheel her towards the reading table. I did. Laide reached for a big notebook on the table and poured down its content. A thick paper fell. Laide pointed at the thick paper and I picked it up. It was a reply of Biodun's letter a month ago.

I was shocked when I saw the date he addressed it to me; same day I gave him mine, but Laide kept it so long from me purposely.

I read the Braille writing style and my eyes flashed like torchlight.

When Toyosi returned, she had to knock and knock before Bode opened the door. I knew I was done for it and my heart lurched. I had her bags on my left shoulder.

Toyosi met Bode in tears. She asked him what happened and Bode pointed to me as he spoke. Toyosi turned to me with a wrinkled face. I consoled myself, knowing what exactly would follow. I wouldn't mind since I was only doing it for love, I thought.
[/b]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Jasminelilian(f): 3:49pm On Sep 17, 2014
oga sammy thanks for the lunch
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Timcy2(m): 5:58pm On Sep 17, 2014
Lol, love nwatinti, lover gal.
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by bumsiee: 7:12pm On Sep 17, 2014
mr sammy well done oo . nice story grin
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by mzlizabelle(f): 9:14pm On Sep 17, 2014
Thanks for the update, Sammy.
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Aipete2(f): 9:54pm On Sep 17, 2014
Lolz, Love Love Love. Rose oh toyosi will beat the hell out of you

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (35) (Reply)

A Fatal Love {Sequel to 'The Sugar Mum'} / The Handsome Devil I Know / Make Me A Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.