Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,819 members, 7,810,147 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:41 PM

We Are Able(a Touching Story) - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / We Are Able(a Touching Story) (118194 Views)

We Are Able (A Touching Story) / We Are Able (A TOUCHING STORY) / My Story, My Life (A Touching Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (35) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Lorlaahlozz: 9:09am On Aug 06, 2014
SammyHoe:

La4aL. Pls for the sake of our girls, Babyjoker, Lorlaahlozz, Seunviju and co. let's stop it o. Okay, let's cast vote...1 or 2

1. #BringBackOurGirls
2. #BringBackOurSignLanguage
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by DONMAYOR19(m): 9:19am On Aug 06, 2014
babyjoker: no stop am na....if i no cut those fingers u dey use type am
ahahahahah see treat o, cut finger just because of ordinary sign language, ok waitin for ur action but before then take this......5 Ca1aN Da4 Na4aTaHa3aNaG
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by DONMAYOR19(m): 9:24am On Aug 06, 2014
SammyHoe:

Ha1aBa1!!! angry
Na1 '1' Ba2 MaY 4aWaN 4
La4aL......4aK, 3 Ga4 Fa4aR Ba4aTaH TaHa2aN.
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by babyjoker(f): 9:47am On Aug 06, 2014
DONMAYOR19: ahahahahah see treat o, cut finger just because of ordinary sign language, ok waitin for ur action but before then take this......5 Ca1aN Da4 Na4aTaHa3aNaG
oo yea? try me nd see. jst that my mama said i shouldnt be a trouble maker if nt u 4 see hawai for those things u wrote in signs
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by DONMAYOR19(m): 10:20am On Aug 06, 2014
babyjoker: oo yea? try me nd see. jst that my mama said i shouldnt be a trouble maker if nt u 4 see hawai for those things u wrote in signs
I QUIT!!! My mama said I should not play with any baby because they joke a lot.
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by babyjoker(f): 1:39pm On Aug 06, 2014
DONMAYOR19: I QUIT!!! My mama said I should not play with any baby because they joke a lot.
ooooosh bt am nt a baby na am i?
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by seunviju(f): 1:50pm On Aug 06, 2014
Donmayor na by force to stop am o or else.Thank you for the update mr sammy

1 Like

Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Nobody: 1:55pm On Aug 06, 2014
seunviju: Donmayor na by force to stop am o or else.Thank you for the update mr sammy

No thanks
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by edogho(m): 2:02pm On Aug 06, 2014
finally i'm here and i didn't comment. "winks". tha1nk ya4a5 sa1mmy. "runs to d window and...... a3 ga5a2ss a5 know d rest"
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Nobody: 4:18pm On Aug 06, 2014
edogho: finally i'm here and i didn't comment. "winks". tha1nk ya4a5 sa1mmy. "runs to d window and...... a3 ga5a2ss a5 know d rest"

Na by force mey u use sign language? See as u dey write am sef.
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by DONMAYOR19(m): 4:22pm On Aug 06, 2014
babyjoker: ooooosh bt am nt a baby na am i?
YES U ARE.....I need not tell u that self.
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by DONMAYOR19(m): 4:24pm On Aug 06, 2014
SammyHoe:

Na by force mey u use sign language? See as u dey write am sef.
lol.....the guy don spoil the sign language self, not fair o.grin
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Nobody: 4:29pm On Aug 06, 2014
DONMAYOR19: lol.....the guy don spoil the sign language self, not fair o.grin

But Edogho still try na. What of Lorlaahlozz and co wey dey fear d sign language like 'kilode'? grin
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by PrinceAdepoju(m): 4:36pm On Aug 06, 2014
I'd thought I was in a shorthand class.

Well, I'll go for
#BrinkBackOurPrettyGirls# cheesy

1 Like

Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by edogho(m): 4:41pm On Aug 06, 2014
DONMAYOR19: lol.....the guy don spoil the sign language self, not fair o.grin
i look like awilo lokomba? are u a learner? grin Buenas Tardes senorS y senoraS
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by DONMAYOR19(m): 6:04pm On Aug 06, 2014
SammyHoe:

But Edogho still try na. What of Lorlaahlozz and co wey dey fear d sign language like 'kilode'? grin
girls are strange nah....person when fail exam and person when no attempt the exam na the same o, so Edogho and our girls are one....I pray some people no read this comment o, especially Edogho, Lorlaahlozz and one 'BABY' like that...cheesy

1 Like

Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Nobody: 7:05pm On Aug 06, 2014
DONMAYOR19: girls are strange nah....person when fail exam and person when no attempt the exam na the same o, so Edogho and our girls are one....I pray some people no read this comment o, especially Edogho, Lorlaahlozz and one 'BABY' like that...cheesy

This one wey u dey mention one baby, I hope say no be babyjoker o, because she no dey joke with anybody o
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by DONMAYOR19(m): 7:22pm On Aug 06, 2014
SammyHoe:

This one wey u dey mention one baby, I hope say no be babyjoker o, because she no dey joke with anybody o
sammy I said 'baby' , na u say babyjoker o....my hands are clean like spring H2O.
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Nobody: 9:33pm On Aug 06, 2014
Shebi sammyoe still dey ask ni..Im talk sey shey no be babyjoker
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Nobody: 9:40pm On Aug 06, 2014
Divepen: Shebi sammyoe still dey ask ni..Im talk sey shey no be babyjoker

Thank you o bro Divepen. I no know why he wan implicate me o.
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by seunviju(f): 10:10pm On Aug 06, 2014
Donmayor and sammy so the two of una wan abuse we girls and that guy b4 abi?una go hear am 4rm us no worry
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by DONMAYOR19(m): 10:39pm On Aug 06, 2014
seunviju: Donmayor and sammy so the two of una wan abuse we girls and that guy b4 abi?una go hear am 4rm us no worry
ah ah, we no mention any name o, abeg, on behalf of myself and sammy, I said pls don't let us hear it from u people...BIKO MA. grin
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Nobody: 6:31am On Aug 07, 2014
Good morning everyone
Food is ready and I'm missing the following ppl...

Zeenab, Akinkudin, JESUSPRINCE, Igwechosen, Follz, Queenrose102, Mohammad11, Aytuns, Mcgixz, Okem09, Jigsawkillah and co.

Therefore this morning dedication goes to them all.

[b]
CHAPTER SIX

Daddy didn't pay attention to us for one week. Mrs. Oyin accommodates us throughout those times. Every evening we will go to our house to beg him, but he is adamant.

However, he allowed me to enter the house and pick all my clothes, including my school uniform. Bode sticks out his tongue at me, mocking me.

We left the house again on the seventh day, but only Mrs Oyin returned to speak to him. He agrees to take us in.

--- --- --- --- --- --- ---
Bode didn't stop to offend me. But I did all I can do to avoid having trouble with him. At an instance, Bode slaps me. It is a big shock for me. Nobody has ever slapped me and go scot free before. Even Bose, the big girl everybody fears in school, is not up to my standard. I can remember the day I beat her and poured sand in her mouth.

Bode is four years younger than me, yet he will not respect his senior. He is becoming very pompous, maybe because Daddy is overprotecting him.

Bode is too dull for my liking. His exercise books are painted all over with zeros. Maybe he is having that dullness in common with his mother, because as for me, I am not dull in school, meaning that my parents are not dull too. But if it works that way, why then am I deaf and dumb when both of my parents are normal? That is a question for my science teacher.

It has been better if Bode's pomposity is all the pain my mother has to cope with. Toyosi his mother always come to check on him every weekend. Bode will tell lies to her about me and the woman will begin to blab and threaten me. She says that if anything bad happens to her son, then I should count myself dead.

It's like daddy still likes Toyosi a lot. Anytime she comes around, daddy will take her to his room and lock the door. Then they will send my mummy out of the room. They must have been having extramarital affair.

One day I ask my mummy to divorce daddy, but she refused.

"Rose, I can't do that," she says. "God doesn't like divorce."

"If God doesn't like divorce then why can't he also prevent things that can lead to divorce?" I grumble over my nose.

"Don't say so, Rose!" mummy shuns me. My eyes are wet already. I am going to shed tears. She comes around me and put her arms around my neck. Her long hair falls on my nape. She doesn't like seeing me in tears. "Rose, in the end we shall overcome," she says eventually.

I advise my mummy to trace Toyosi to her husband's house and reveal the secret once and for all, but she waves away the idea. Instead, she picks up that boring song again 'We Shall Overcome'.

My Common Entrance Examination will soon be here, but daddy refuses to get past questions and answers series for me. Mummy tries her best and gets them for me.

My school is Ejigbo Standard School. It is both for the normal people and the special ones. Since the day I make that resolution that I will be calm, I haven't fought anybody. I didn't even talk to anyone let alone quarrelling with them and this again becomes my classteacher's headache. She will call me into her office and ask me why my name doesn't make the name of noisemaker list anymore.

"But you have told me to cease from making noise many times, and now I'm doing that, what again?" I say.

Mrs Oyin keeps quiet. She doesn't know what to say any more.
... ... ... ... ... ... ...

One day, I iron my white cloth as I get prepared for school. That particular morning, I wake up happy. I don't know why. Mother notices it before she leaves for work. Now I go to school myself because I am twelve. I am the one to take Bode to school as usual. His own school is just a stone throw from our house, but I have been mandated to take him there before going to my own school.

Bode has been yawning since the time mummy wakes him up to take his bath. The last time I check on him, he just got into the bathroom. I didn't want to be late because I am the Time Keeper of my school. Sometimes whenever I ring the bell it looks funny to me because I can't hear the sound of what I am ringing. But I have come to learn something: the blind cannot become a time keeper because they don't have eyes to check the time. Yet, they are always the first set of people to come out of their classes at the sound of the bell, touching the walls for guidance and support. It's like the walls themselves are useful. Nothing in the world is a waste Mrs Oyin will tell us many times, just to make us know that WE ARE ABLE.

As a Time Keeper, I am supposed to be in school early, but this morning I haven't seen the possiblity; not when Bode hasn't taken his bath not to talk of eating his food, yet it is 7:24am already. It is obvious I will be late to school this time around. I can't really remember the last time I go late to school.

I leave my cloth to check on Bode if he has finished taken his bath, to my surprise he is not in the bathroom. I check the toilet to see if he is there. No, he is not there. I resign and return to the table where I am ironing my cloth, to my surprise, the cloth has been soaked up with red oil.

I raise the cloth up. Tears flow down my cheek when I see that my cloth has been burnt up with iron. I did put off the pressing iron when I went to look for Bode, so how come my cloth is now burnt up?

Bode crawls out from under the table, laughing. He gives me a note and runs away. I read it:

I don't want to go to school today

I become mad. Is it because he didn't want me to take him to school that he has to burn and stain my cloth? I am enraged within me. I sit quietly and fold my hands.

Bode comes and sticks his tongue at me as usual. He is taking my silence for cowardice. He should have gone to my school a year ago to ask them my name: Rose The Tiger. Even Bose the Big Boss cannot face me let alone this small Bode.

Bode spreads his ten fingers at me. I hardly joke with my mother. How can he be cursing my mother? Okay, what has my mummy got to do in this matter? The tiger in me begins to form when I see those dirty fingers. His cup is full. It is time to teach him a lesson.
No, I think. I have resolved in my mind that I will be gentle a year back and I have endured for that long, so let me not fight back.

Bode seems to be in the mood today. He wants to get me angry by all means. He comes behind me and taps my nape. Kpash! It sounds like thunderbolt. I become mad at him.

I raise Bode high up by the neck. The rest is a story. He falls down. Dead? Still alive? I can't tell.

"Ah!" my brain speaks. "I have killed somebody."
[/b]

1 Like

Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Nobody: 6:54am On Aug 07, 2014
Nice one sir...ka22pa 3ta 5pa...bt i vote 4 1#bara3naga ba1caka 45ra sa2xaya ga3rala#
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Nobody: 6:58am On Aug 07, 2014
ToriEmManson: Nice one sir...ka22pa 3ta 5pa...bt i vote 4 1#bara3naga ba1caka 45ra sa2xaya ga3rala#

Welcome on board miss...yes, our girls are back...first woman to write in sign language. Edogho, come and see o. This sign lang. complex pass ya own tongue
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Nobody: 7:20am On Aug 07, 2014
Sammy hoe y u kno call me...
Me wey don dey check frm time to time..
Oya come upd8t o
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by DONMAYOR19(m): 7:23am On Aug 07, 2014
ToriEmManson: Nice one sir...ka22pa 3ta 5pa...bt i vote 4 1#bara3naga ba1caka 45ra sa2xaya ga3rala#
u too try jare, even thou there were some miss up, I still over understood what u wrote, would have asked u to keep it up just as u said to sammy, but let's go with '1' base on what we all already agreed...CHEERS and morning every one.
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by DONMAYOR19(m): 7:24am On Aug 07, 2014
Divepen: Sammy hoe y u kno call me...
Me wey don dey check frm time to time..
Oya come upd8t o
bro update is here already nah, u never eat ur own?
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by edogho(m): 7:31am On Aug 07, 2014
DONMAYOR19: girls are strange nah....person when fail exam and person when no attempt the exam na the same o, so Edogho and our girls are one....I pray some people no read this comment o, especially Edogho, Lorlaahlozz and one 'BABY' like that...cheesy
chai, dis mayor want wahala, i swear. stormy!!! odward!!! i need yoyo.b
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Nobody: 7:32am On Aug 07, 2014
DONMAYOR19: bro update is here already nah, u never eat ur own?
I don chaw dat one but I neva belleful and na dz one I dey talk na... E just con be like sey na im dey m8k me stay around for Nl as I dey expect more food
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by 3Dimension: 7:34am On Aug 07, 2014
I didn't touch the breakfast since it wasn't dedicared to me *arms akimbo*
Re: We Are Able(a Touching Story) by Nobody: 7:35am On Aug 07, 2014
edogho: chai, dis mayor want wahala, i swear. stormy!!! odward!!! i need yoyo.b
Oga take cold water may u calm down

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (35) (Reply)

A Fatal Love {Sequel to 'The Sugar Mum'} / The Handsome Devil I Know / Make Me A Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.