Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,689 members, 7,837,534 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 06:39 AM

Nigeria Tops Investment Sentiment Index Despite Rising Terror Activities - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Tops Investment Sentiment Index Despite Rising Terror Activities (867 Views)

The Explosion Of Anti-igbo Sentiment Among Yorubas / Soyinka; Biased And Romance With APC, He Judges With Sentiment Towards Janathan / Yerima Blackmailed Senators With Religious Sentiment, Says David Mark (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Tops Investment Sentiment Index Despite Rising Terror Activities by Eldavido1: 6:10am On Aug 03, 2014
VENTURES AFRICA – Despite Boko Haram’s brutality, global
markets remain attracted to Nigeria. The country was ranked
number one on the Frontier Markets Sentiment Index which tracks
the level of interest by US and European companies in emerging
markets. Twice the numbers of companies were interested in
investing in Nigeria than in Vietnam and Turkey – number two and
three on the list, respectively. Over the past 18 months—during
which of wave of insecurity has emanated out of Northern Nigeria,
positive corporate sentiment has actually increased.
The existential crisis that many observers have predicted has failed
to materialize and corporations continue to explore new
opportunities in the country. Global accounting firm, KPMG has
reported that Nigeria is the number one investment destination
inquiry for the firm.
Digging deeper into the market trends, Nigeria’s continued strong
performance is less mysterious. The attractiveness of Nigeria is
bolstered by significant structural change. In May, Nigeria
surpassed South Africa as Africa’s largest economy, positioning the
country as the true gateway to commercial success on the
continent. Nigeria, with its large and young population, has grown at
around 7 percent for the past three years and is projected to
continue growing at that rate or faster for the coming decade. Rapid
urbanization and the gradual formalization of the labor force will
make Nigeria’s pension funds a formative local (and global) investor
. It has already caught the eye of some global investors. The
country received nearly $6 billion of foreign direct investment in
. Ernst & Young says the country has attracted the most foreign
direct investment in sub-Saharan Africa since 2007.
Adding to this is the potential of unlocking Nigeria’s power sector
through a massive reform push that has been in the works for nearly
a decade. If successful, power privatization in Nigeria will
significantly reduce the cost of business across the economy,
potentially catapulting growth to 15 percent. By doubling current
generating capacity, the privatization may prove to be the single
most impactful reform on the continent in the past 50 years.
However, the positive investment trajectory may not be smooth –
there will be ups and downs. The reduction in Nigeria’s oil
production last year equaled that of the combined production of
Ghana, Congo-Brazzaville, Cameroon and Gabon. Amidst a currency
crisis, yields on Nigeria’s debt has risen substantially over the past
few months, reflecting a degree of uncertainty among some
international investors and concentrating interest in Naira-
denominated debt among local, more risk averse investors. Next
year’s elections will likely intensify this effect and add volatility to
the outlook. Many Nigeria watchers are still reeling from the
controversial suspension of former Central Bank Governor Lamido
Sanusi and the inability of the government to track down the
missing $10 billion.
Nigeria today, with all its complexities, reflects the reality of large,
unwieldy, democratic, emerging markets. The country’s messy
growth reflects the economic and social development of many other
drivers of global growth such as India, Indonesia, Turkey and Brazil.
We remain bullish on Nigeria and continue to help companies do
business in Africa’s most important economy. We believe that
companies that don’t figure out how to do business in Nigeria
through its growing pains will risk missing out on a major source of
global growth.

www.ventures-africa.com/2014/07/nigeria-and-the-complexities-of-growth/

Re: Nigeria Tops Investment Sentiment Index Despite Rising Terror Activities by hod898(m): 6:24am On Aug 03, 2014
Good development.
Re: Nigeria Tops Investment Sentiment Index Despite Rising Terror Activities by Eldavido1: 6:36am On Aug 03, 2014
We may go true difficult times now but we are pulling it a stronger and more resilient country.
Re: Nigeria Tops Investment Sentiment Index Despite Rising Terror Activities by Omexonomy: 6:37am On Aug 03, 2014
APC please come and tell us ur own.
Re: Nigeria Tops Investment Sentiment Index Despite Rising Terror Activities by Nobody: 7:11am On Aug 03, 2014
The Africa giant and largest economy, if you don't invest in her now you are probably sitting on a longest thing, cos that country Nigeria is the soon to be Africa super power. Max levchin paypal CEO
Re: Nigeria Tops Investment Sentiment Index Despite Rising Terror Activities by Eldavido1: 7:30am On Aug 03, 2014
Absolutely true! If you wait for when the coast will be clear, it probably would be too late by then.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Tops Investment Sentiment Index Despite Rising Terror Activities by tonytony208(m): 8:02am On Aug 03, 2014
Demburrows: The Africa giant and largest economy, if you don't invest in her now you are probably sitting on a longest thing, cos that country Nigeria is the soon to be Africa super power. Max levchin paypal CEO

is that why paypal is only allowing us to pay and pay, but disallowing us from receiving? I guess it is time we stamped our feet on the ground and say no to this exploitation by these white men.

I congratulate my president anyway for this unexpected turn of event. Boko haram and their sponsors thought they would cripple nigeria, but it is clear things aren't playing out according to their demonic script. It is however clear most of the economic boost (if not all) will stay in the south; since fear of boko haram in the north is the beginning of wisdom for investors.
Re: Nigeria Tops Investment Sentiment Index Despite Rising Terror Activities by Nobody: 12:06pm On Aug 03, 2014
tonytony208:

is that why paypal is only allowing us to pay and pay, but disallowing us from receiving? I guess it is time we stamped our feet on the ground and say no to this exploitation by these white men.

I congratulate my president anyway for this unexpected turn of event. Boko haram and their sponsors thought they would cripple nigeria, but it is clear things aren't playing out according to their demonic script. It is however clear most of the economic boost (if not all) will stay in the south; since fear of boko haram in the north is the beginning of wisdom for investors.
. I believe they are working on that, according to a report from a foreign media, they gonna need the approval of the fed gov to instill the crediting plaform. But there is a rebelling shadowy going on from other money transfer mediums (master card, interswitch visa et al) cos they know the hard competitiveness it entails bringing paypal down here.
Re: Nigeria Tops Investment Sentiment Index Despite Rising Terror Activities by Eldavido1: 1:46pm On Aug 03, 2014
Demburrows: . I believe they are working on that, according to a report from a foreign media, they gonna need the approval of the fed gov to instill the crediting plaform. But there is a rebelling shadowy going on from other money transfer mediums (master card, interswitch visa et al) cos they know the hard competitiveness it entails bringing paypal down here.

Atleast the whole tin meks sense now. The shld try get d approval fast!
Re: Nigeria Tops Investment Sentiment Index Despite Rising Terror Activities by dustmalik: 10:32am On Aug 04, 2014
Demburrows: . I believe they are working on that, according to a report from a foreign media, they gonna need the approval of the fed gov to instill the crediting plaform. But there is a rebelling shadowy going on from other money transfer mediums (master card, interswitch visa et al) cos they know the hard competitiveness it entails bringing paypal down here.

A link to the foreign media report would be appreciated.
Re: Nigeria Tops Investment Sentiment Index Despite Rising Terror Activities by Nobody: 10:51am On Aug 04, 2014
In another news: ghanaians are flooding to Nigeria angry
Re: Nigeria Tops Investment Sentiment Index Despite Rising Terror Activities by Nobody: 10:53am On Aug 04, 2014
Nigeria Is the Economic hub of Africa, so no matter what happens, Nigerian Economy would always thrive.
Re: Nigeria Tops Investment Sentiment Index Despite Rising Terror Activities by Nobody: 10:54am On Aug 04, 2014
Hm

Ghana dey the list
Them try for this one

Finest boy said so.

Meanwhile when Ghana was goin for gold

Re: Nigeria Tops Investment Sentiment Index Despite Rising Terror Activities by Nobody: 10:55am On Aug 04, 2014
smackimorn: .
Bro, what is this nah undecided
Re: Nigeria Tops Investment Sentiment Index Despite Rising Terror Activities by Nobody: 11:16am On Aug 04, 2014
chimoz:
Bro, what is this nah undecided

Shooooooo

I dey book space la
Re: Nigeria Tops Investment Sentiment Index Despite Rising Terror Activities by Nobody: 11:33am On Aug 04, 2014
smackimorn:

Shooooooo

I dey book space la
Your mate done build house finish and you still dey buy land for Seun street. Dull boy.
Re: Nigeria Tops Investment Sentiment Index Despite Rising Terror Activities by Nobody: 12:13pm On Aug 04, 2014
chimoz:
Your mate done build house finish and you still dey buy land for Seun street. Dull boy.

Nna eh
Brilliant boy, how many land u get?
Re: Nigeria Tops Investment Sentiment Index Despite Rising Terror Activities by Nobody: 1:13pm On Aug 04, 2014
smackimorn:

Nna eh
Brilliant boy, how many land u get?
I have a job and a future grin grin
Re: Nigeria Tops Investment Sentiment Index Despite Rising Terror Activities by Nobody: 1:33pm On Aug 04, 2014
chimoz:
I have a job and a future grin grin
Olodo, u didn't answer my question

Shey na me wey no get future?

Ewu
Re: Nigeria Tops Investment Sentiment Index Despite Rising Terror Activities by Nobody: 1:51pm On Aug 04, 2014
smackimorn:
Olodo, u didn't answer my question

Shey na me wey no get future?

Ewu
Future for Nairaland land encroaching.....guy you still dey learn. grin
Onye chibok
Re: Nigeria Tops Investment Sentiment Index Despite Rising Terror Activities by Nobody: 1:58pm On Aug 04, 2014
chimoz:
Future for Nairaland land encroaching.....guy you still dey learn. grin
Onye chibok

Itiko grin

Iti!!!!!!!
Re: Nigeria Tops Investment Sentiment Index Despite Rising Terror Activities by Nobody: 2:14pm On Aug 04, 2014
smackimorn:

Itiko grin

Iti!!!!!!!
But wait oooo...is that really you on your pix?
Re: Nigeria Tops Investment Sentiment Index Despite Rising Terror Activities by Nobody: 2:21pm On Aug 04, 2014
chimoz:
But wait oooo...is that really you on your pix?

Ya

Werin happen

(1) (Reply)

Herdsmen Attack Christian Worshippers In Southern Kaduna / I Butcher Human Beings In 2 Minutes, Says Boko Haram Chief Killer / My Take On The Osun Election Results

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.