Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,727 members, 7,959,252 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 01:01 PM

US To Test Jonathan Aides & African Leaders For EBOLA Ahead Of Summit - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / US To Test Jonathan Aides & African Leaders For EBOLA Ahead Of Summit (961 Views)

Jonathan's Aides - Abati And Others Stripped Of Passport / PDP Crisis: Mu’azu, NWC Threaten Jonathan’s Aides, Associates - VANGUARD / Tinubu - Jonathan’s Aides Threatening Nigeria’s Unity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

US To Test Jonathan Aides & African Leaders For EBOLA Ahead Of Summit by DeevaB: 7:46am On Aug 03, 2014
Ahead of the coming African/American Leaders Summit billed for Monday in Washington DC, United States, President Barack Obama, has said some African participants attending will be screened for exposure to the dreaded Ebola virus.

President Goodluck Jonathan along with his aides is among the African leaders expected to attend the event.

According to a Reuters report, Obama explained on Friday that the action would be taken to protect the US from the outbreak of the disease.

He said, “Folks who are from these countries that have even a marginal risk, or an infinitesimal risk of having been exposed in some fashion, we’re making sure we’re doing screening.”

The United States, Obama said, takes risks from the deadly Ebola virus very seriously hence the planned test for the expected African leaders.

Also, two African leaders have said that they would not attend the meeting because of the outbreak of the Ebola disease in their countries. The leaders are the presidents of Liberia and Sierra Leone, Mrs Ellen Johnson-Sirleaf and Ernest BaiKoroma, respectively.

Meanwhile, professional health bodies and medical experts have condemned Nigeria’s response to the global outbreak of Ebola Virus Disease. They strongly condemned what they described as poor preventive measures put in place by the Federal Government.

Source: http://www.punchng.com/news/summit-us-to-test-jonathans-aides-others-for-ebola/
Re: US To Test Jonathan Aides & African Leaders For EBOLA Ahead Of Summit by luvinhubby(m): 7:50am On Aug 03, 2014
America & the west, insulting Africans since.......God knows when. angry
Re: US To Test Jonathan Aides & African Leaders For EBOLA Ahead Of Summit by Hadone(m): 8:56am On Aug 03, 2014
When ur name is EBELE, u dont need any lab test to prove ur relationship with EBOLA. DANJUMA/DANJUMAI

1 Like

Re: US To Test Jonathan Aides & African Leaders For EBOLA Ahead Of Summit by DebohBaron(m): 11:01am On Aug 03, 2014
I'm sorry but I wish Ghadaffi was alive for this kind of humiliation. He won't take this shii.

This is an insult to the office of the president and all the people it represents.

I can't believe some African leaders will still go and won't mind being tested.

AU leaders are just bunch of cowards!!
Re: US To Test Jonathan Aides & African Leaders For EBOLA Ahead Of Summit by DeevaB: 11:23am On Aug 03, 2014
DebohBaron: I'm sorry but I wish Ghadaffi was alive for this kind of humiliation. He won't take this shii.
This is an insult to the office of the president and all the people it represents.
I can't believe some African leaders will still go and won't mind being tested.
AU leaders are just bunch of cowards!!

It's an insult to Africa As a whole... buh why won't they take a preventive measure when our health sector is really nothing to show off...

This also shows how much they value the lives of their citizens. No fuss

1 Like

Re: US To Test Jonathan Aides & African Leaders For EBOLA Ahead Of Summit by Guidette(f): 12:06pm On Aug 03, 2014
They should test GEJ. Even his middle name stands for Ebola.

Edit: Sorry! I just found out it is Ebele.

1 Like

Re: US To Test Jonathan Aides & African Leaders For EBOLA Ahead Of Summit by Alishachris: 12:11pm On Aug 03, 2014
OP you mean Ebola Jonathan? that guy is carrying a disease worse than ebola cos there exist a lil chance that ebola might one day be curable, but cluelessness? not a chance in hell! the worse part of the disease is that the carrier and his infected follow-worshipers do not even know that they are carrying the deadly disease!
Re: US To Test Jonathan Aides & African Leaders For EBOLA Ahead Of Summit by DeevaB: 4:01pm On Aug 03, 2014
Alishachris: OP you mean Ebola Jonathan? that guy is carrying a disease worse than ebola cos there exist a lil chance that ebola might one day be curable, but cluelessness? not a chance in hell! the worse part of the disease is that the carrier and his infected follow-worshipers do not even know that they are carrying the deadly disease!

Hahaha grin smiley.... be fair nah
I feel a solution would have been found if this disease is not restricted to Africa... now that It can lead to a global outbreak, we hope a solution is found soon
Re: US To Test Jonathan Aides & African Leaders For EBOLA Ahead Of Summit by DeevaB: 4:12pm On Aug 03, 2014
Alishachris: OP you mean Ebola Jonathan? that guy is carrying a disease worse than ebola cos there exist a lil chance that ebola might one day be curable, but cluelessness? not a chance in hell! the worse part of the disease is that the carrier and his infected follow-worshipers do not even know that they are carrying the deadly disease!

Lol... grin cheesy
Both Ebola and cluelesness has no cure yet. Not only Jonathan will be tested tho, other Africa leaders will be tested too
Re: US To Test Jonathan Aides & African Leaders For EBOLA Ahead Of Summit by Nobody: 6:33pm On Aug 03, 2014
I am a Nigerian in America and I endorse that move

(1) (Reply)

Osun Election: PDP Plans Massive Rigging In 10 Lgs – APC / Osun Election:Obanikoro Congratulates Aregbesola. / Ebola Patient Dies In Port Harcourt?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.