Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,795 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:57 AM

Crossing One,s Leg In Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Crossing One,s Leg In Church (929 Views)

Dont Be Deceived In Church Today Brethren. / The 10 Most AWKWARD Moments In Church / Crossing Your Legs In Church, Is It Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Crossing One,s Leg In Church by iamodenigbo1(m): 10:38am On Aug 03, 2014
Pls is it unbiblical or sin to cross ones feet in å church,i was invited to å church and the service was taking too long,i crossed my leg for support,immediately one of the ushers asked me to remove my leg,and asked me not to try it again.if it å sin pls let me know,and the relivant verse that support it
Re: Crossing One,s Leg In Church by charlsecy(m): 12:13pm On Aug 03, 2014
Shouldn't be a sin. The usher did that just for the sake of decorum. Leaping on one foot to work is not sinful, but would you do that?
Re: Crossing One,s Leg In Church by iamodenigbo1(m): 12:41pm On Aug 03, 2014
charlsecy: Shouldn't be a sin. The usher did that just for the sake of decorum. Leaping on one foot to work is not sinful, but would you do that?
DECORUM U SAID?,WHEN AM SITTING IN THE MIDDLE ISLE,HE SAID THEY ARE PRAYING TO LOOSE WHILE AM USING MY LEG TO BIND,MY QUESTION IS IF CROSSING MY HOLY LEG AFFECTS THE COLLECTIVE PRAYERS OF THE ENTIRE CONGRIGATION WHAT WILL HAPPEN WHEN I BOUND MY HEART
Re: Crossing One,s Leg In Church by Pavore9: 12:41pm On Aug 03, 2014
lt is more an issue of decorum. Every setting has its norms.

1 Like

Re: Crossing One,s Leg In Church by Pavore9: 12:46pm On Aug 03, 2014
@OP, u make me laugh with that PRAYING TO LOOSE AND YOU WERE USING YOUR LEG TO BIND! Church dey naija o!
Re: Crossing One,s Leg In Church by iamodenigbo1(m): 1:16pm On Aug 03, 2014
Pavore9: @OP, u make me laugh with that PRAYING TO LOOSE AND YOU WERE USING YOUR LEG TO BIND! Church dey naija o!
BRO THIS IS NOT THE FIRST TIME EXPERIENCE,IT HAS OCCURED MØRE THAN FIVE TIMES,AND THE REASON IS ALWAYS THE SAME,WHILE THE EUROPIANS THAT BROUGHT IT CROSS THEIR LEGS AND IT DOESNT HINDER THEIR PRAYERS
Re: Crossing One,s Leg In Church by Caracta(f): 1:19pm On Aug 03, 2014
iamodenigbo1: BRO THIS IS NOT THE FIRST TIME EXPERIENCE,IT HAS OCCURED MØRE THAN FIVE TIMES,AND THE REASON IS ALWAYS THE SAME,WHILE THE EUROPIANS THAT BROUGHT IT CROSS THEIR LEGS AND IT DOESNT HINDER THEIR PRAYERS

If you can't obey the rules in your church, go someplace else or question them.

1 Like

Re: Crossing One,s Leg In Church by mkpakanaodogwu(m): 1:20pm On Aug 03, 2014
9ja sha,u never see
Re: Crossing One,s Leg In Church by mkpakanaodogwu(m): 1:39pm On Aug 03, 2014
Caracta:

he was invited,not his church

1 Like

Re: Crossing One,s Leg In Church by iamodenigbo1(m): 3:34pm On Aug 03, 2014
Caracta:

SWTHRT IT IS NOT MY CHURCH,O WAS JUST INVITED,I DONT HAVE Å CHURCH,I DONT EVEN HAVE Å RELIGION
Re: Crossing One,s Leg In Church by charlsecy(m): 11:09am On Aug 04, 2014
iamodenigbo1: MY QUESTION IS IF CROSSING MY HOLY LEG AFFECTS THE COLLECTIVE PRAYERS OF THE ENTIRE CONGRIGATION
It is for the sake of decorum and has nothing to do with the effectiveness of prayers.
Re: Crossing One,s Leg In Church by iamodenigbo1(m): 11:21am On Aug 04, 2014
charlsecy:
It is for the sake of decorum and has nothing to do with the effectiveness of prayers.
HELLO SIR WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY DECORUM?.
Re: Crossing One,s Leg In Church by charlsecy(m): 8:50pm On Aug 05, 2014
iamodenigbo1: WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY DECORUM?.
Behaving in a manner expected in a particular setting. For example, In Yoruba, youths are expected to bow as they greet elders.
Re: Crossing One,s Leg In Church by akinwun(m): 10:49pm On Aug 05, 2014
charlsecy:
Behaving in a manner expected in a particular setting. For example, In Yoruba, youths are expected to bow as they greet elders.
if the Op is a lady with a skimmpy skirt then it might be an issue, otherwise nigerian church goers are very superstitious, having stayed long in darkness and refusing d life of God, they use their corrupt and idolatory mind to jugde things and at times they claim it's Holy spirit. I knw them very well, if the Op skirt is not skimmpy as i have mentioned, then the user confronted Op cos he thought Op was debering the church prayer. The big question is can any power stop God from hearing or doing.
Re: Crossing One,s Leg In Church by iamodenigbo1(m): 11:32pm On Aug 05, 2014
charlsecy:
so restin of my leg ontop of one other is un Christian behavior?
Re: Crossing One,s Leg In Church by iamodenigbo1(m): 11:38pm On Aug 05, 2014
akinwun: if the Op is a lady with a skimmpy skirt then it might be an issue, otherwise nigerian church goers are very superstitious, having stayed long in darkness and refusing d life of God, they use their corrupt and idolatory mind to jugde things and at times they claim it's Holy spirit. I knw them very well, if the Op skirt is not skimmpy as i have mentioned, then the user confronted Op cos he thought Op was debering the church prayer. The big question is can any power stop God from hearing or doing.
bro see me see wahala,I am in the middle isle,the service was taking long,I am over six feet,the chair is not comfortable,I decided to rest one of my leg ontop of the other leg,then comes the usher that I should remove it,that it hinders prayer,that they are praying to lose and am here binding with my leg,how does decorum come into it?
Re: Crossing One,s Leg In Church by tpia1: 11:39pm On Aug 05, 2014
iamodenigbo1: DECORUM U SAID?,WHEN AM SITTING IN THE MIDDLE ISLE,HE SAID THEY ARE PRAYING TO LOOSE WHILE AM USING MY LEG TO BIND,MY QUESTION IS IF CROSSING MY HOLY LEG AFFECTS THE COLLECTIVE PRAYERS OF THE ENTIRE CONGRIGATION WHAT WILL HAPPEN WHEN I BOUND MY HEART

who are you?
Re: Crossing One,s Leg In Church by iamodenigbo1(m): 11:43pm On Aug 05, 2014
tpia1:

who are you?
ordinary mortal who came to accompany a sister to a program
Re: Crossing One,s Leg In Church by charlsecy(m): 10:06am On Aug 06, 2014
iamodenigbo1: so restin of my leg ontop of one other is un Christian behavior?
Nobody says it is unChristian.

iamodenigbo1: I am over six feet,the chair is not comfortable,I decided to rest one of my leg ontop of the other leg,then comes the usher that I should remove it,that it hinders prayer,that they are praying to lose and am here binding with my leg,how does decorum come into it?
The ushers's reason was ridiculous. Your posture cannot hinder the prayers of the faithfuls.

Crossing your leg is neither sinful nor sinless, but people may impart meanings to body language. Like I said, he might have called you to order for the sake of decorum in his understanding, but gave an unrelated reason. He expected you to have both feet on the floor, because that is the average seating position in such a setting [Now look around the church, you will see how most or all the other people are seated]. If you were feeling hot in a church, would you remove your shirt? If you were being interviewed, would you mind how you seat?
Re: Crossing One,s Leg In Church by iamodenigbo1(m): 10:11am On Aug 06, 2014
charlsecy:
Nobody says it is unChristian.

The ushers's reason was ridiculous. Your posture cannot hinder the prayers of the faithfuls.

Crossing your leg is neither sinful nor sinless, but people may impart meanings to body language. Like I said, he might have called you to order for the sake of decorum in his understanding, but gave an unrelated reason. He expected you to have both feet on the floor, because that is the average seating position in such a setting. If you were feeling hot in a church, would you remove your shirt?
ok dear,but are you an usher?
Re: Crossing One,s Leg In Church by charlsecy(m): 10:16am On Aug 06, 2014
I am not. I have never been one.
Re: Crossing One,s Leg In Church by iamodenigbo1(m): 10:47am On Aug 06, 2014
are are in this shore?,why am asking this question is this is not the first time experienced,and the answer remain the same

(1) (Reply)

Will Soldiers Who Kill Go To Hell? / K / The Many Crimes Against Womanhood By A Prophet!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.