Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,406 members, 7,819,438 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:19 PM

God's Generals-Why They Succeeded And Why Some Failed - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God's Generals-Why They Succeeded And Why Some Failed (56392 Views)

Throwback Picture Of God's Generals / Meet God's Generals / Some Failed Biblical Prophecies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

God's Generals-Why They Succeeded And Why Some Failed by Gombs(m): 10:55am On Aug 03, 2014
[size=16pt]Description:[/size]
Here are twelve compelling biographies of some of the most powerful ministers ever to ignite the fires of revival by dynamically demonstrating the Holy Spirit's power. Roberts Liardon faithfully chronicles their lives along with their teachings, their spiritual discoveries, and many revealing photos. William J. Seymour, Aimee Semple McPherson, Smith Wigglesworth, and Kathryn Kuhlman are just a few of the charismatic faith leaders you'll meet in this book. Get ready to see how God worked in the lives of these generals!

In God's Generals, Roberts Liardon will help you recapture God's glory with twelve compelling biographies of some of the most powerful ministries to ever ignite the fires of revival. Liardon faithfully chronicles their lives in this work, along with their teachings, their spiritual discoveries, and many revealing photos. Four of God's Generals whom you will meet include:
William J. Seymour, the son of ex-slaves, who turned a tiny horse stable on Azusa Street, Los Angeles, into an internationally famous center of revival.
Aimee Semple McPherson, the glamorous and flamboyant founder of the Foursquare Church and the nation's first Christian radio station.
Smith Wigglesworth, the plumber who read no book but the Bible-and raised the dead!
Kathryn Kuhlman, the beloved evangelist whose miracle-filled meetings drew millions of skeptics to faith... ...and you will meet eight more "Generals" who dynamically demonstrated the Holy Spirit's power.

Contents:
1. John Alexander Dowie, "The Healing Apostle"
2. Maria Woodworth-Etter, "Demonstrator of the Spirit
3. Evan Roberts, "Welsh Revivalist"
4. Charles F. Parham, "The Father of Pentecost"
5. William J. Seymour, "The Catalyst of Pentecost"
6. John G. Lake, "A Man of Healing"
7. Smith Wigglesworth, "Apostle of Faith"
8. Aimee Semple McPherson, "A Woman of Destiny"
9. Kathryn Kuhlman, "The Woman Who Believed in Miracles"
10. William Branham, "A Prophet of Notable Signs and Wonders"
11. Jack Coe, "The Man of Reckless Faith"
12. A. A. Allen, "The Miracle Man"

[size=20pt]Roberts Liardon, [/size]author, public speaker, spiritual leader, church historian, and humanitarian was born in Tulsa, Oklahoma, on February 14, 1966, the first male child born at Oral Roberts University. For this distinction he was named in honor of the university's founder. Thus, from the start of his life, Roberts was destined to be one of the most well-known Christian authors and orators of the twentieth century.

To date he has sold over six million books worldwide in over fifty languages and is internationally renowned. An author of over forty Christian and self-help books, Roberts' career in ministry began when he gave his first public address at the age of thirteen. At seventeen he published his first book, I Saw Heaven, which catapulted him into the public eye.

By the time he was eighteen years old, he was one of the leading public speakers in the world. Later he would write and produce a book and video series entitled God's Generals, which became a best-selling Christian series and established Roberts as one of the leading Protestant church historians. Roberts' eminence increased outside Christendom as well. Twice he was voted Outstanding Young Man in America, and his career has taken him to over one hundred nations.

He has been hosted by presidents, kings, leading political and religious leaders, as well as other world dignitaries. He has had the pleasure of meeting the likes of Billy Graham, former President Ronald Regan, and former Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher, and he received a letter from President George W. Bush honoring him for his commitment and contribution to improving the quality of life in his community. 

What strikes me most is the story of John G. Lake and the ebola (from description of the disease) outbreak in Africa, around the early 1900... get this book and be inspired on the faith of these men and women, who worked and walked the Word.

Get this book, or download freely
http://ebookbrowsee.net/god-s-generals-roberts-liardon-pdf-d181205065

Let's discuss the book. Joagbaje introduced the book to me, and I'm blessed of it. smiley

Re: God's Generals-Why They Succeeded And Why Some Failed by Image123(m): 1:02pm On Aug 03, 2014
Great books those, inspiring any day. i've not seen that fourth one oh. What's with this G Lake and ebola sef?
Re: God's Generals-Why They Succeeded And Why Some Failed by Gombs(m): 1:52pm On Aug 03, 2014
Image123: Great books those, inspiring any day. i've not seen that fourth one oh. What's with this G Lake and ebola sef?

Bro...that story was something else...I couldn't do a copy n paste, but I hope the picture below would speak for itself

His faith was a staggering one

1 Like

Re: God's Generals-Why They Succeeded And Why Some Failed by Image123(m): 2:50pm On Aug 03, 2014
Gombs:

Bro...that story was something else...I couldn't do a copy n paste, but I hope the picture below would speak for itself

Yeah, John Lake was indeed a man of healing and awesome divine powers. But i don't understand why folks are tying the plague AS A MATTER OF FACT to Ebola. It could have been maybe, but it could also be something else, maybe even worse. Or do you have anything else concrete that makes you think it's Ebola. What i got was whatsapp and Bbm broadcasts. Robert Liardon didn't say Ebola oh, na just plague the man talk.
Re: God's Generals-Why They Succeeded And Why Some Failed by Zikdik(m): 3:11pm On Aug 03, 2014
John G Lake, like every other Pentecostal Revivalist, is a fraud. Read up on him on Wikipedia and educate your ignorant self.
Thank me later.

3 Likes

Re: God's Generals-Why They Succeeded And Why Some Failed by Gombs(m): 3:13pm On Aug 03, 2014
Image123:

Yeah, John Lake was indeed a man of healing and awesome divine powers. But i don't understand why folks are tying the plague AS A MATTER OF FACT to Ebola. It could have been maybe, but it could also be something else, maybe even worse. Or do you have anything else concrete that makes you think it's Ebola. What i got was whatsapp and Bbm broadcasts. Robert Liardon didn't say Ebola oh, na just plague the man talk.

Well, yeah...you've got a point there...but, at this instance the name of the disease is irrelevant, the faith is!

1 Like

Re: God's Generals-Why They Succeeded And Why Some Failed by PraiseDLord: 11:42pm On Nov 08, 2014
Gombs:
[size=16pt]Description:[/size]
Here are twelve compelling biographies of some of the most powerful ministers ever to ignite the fires of revival by dynamically demonstrating the Holy Spirit's power. Roberts Liardon faithfully chronicles their lives along with their teachings, their spiritual discoveries, and many revealing photos. William J. Seymour, Aimee Semple McPherson, Smith Wigglesworth, and Kathryn Kuhlman are just a few of the charismatic faith leaders you'll meet in this book. Get ready to see how God worked in the lives of these generals!

In God's Generals, Roberts Liardon will help you recapture God's glory with twelve compelling biographies of some of the most powerful ministries to ever ignite the fires of revival. Liardon faithfully chronicles their lives in this work, along with their teachings, their spiritual discoveries, and many revealing photos. Four of God's Generals whom you will meet include:
William J. Seymour, the son of ex-slaves, who turned a tiny horse stable on Azusa Street, Los Angeles, into an internationally famous center of revival.
Aimee Semple McPherson, the glamorous and flamboyant founder of the Foursquare Church and the nation's first Christian radio station.
Smith Wigglesworth, the plumber who read no book but the Bible-and raised the dead!
Kathryn Kuhlman, the beloved evangelist whose miracle-filled meetings drew millions of skeptics to faith... ...and you will meet eight more "Generals" who dynamically demonstrated the Holy Spirit's power.

Contents:
1. John Alexander Dowie, "The Healing Apostle"
2. Maria Woodworth-Etter, "Demonstrator of the Spirit
3. Evan Roberts, "Welsh Revivalist"
4. Charles F. Parham, "The Father of Pentecost"
5. William J. Seymour, "The Catalyst of Pentecost"
6. John G. Lake, "A Man of Healing"
7. Smith Wigglesworth, "Apostle of Faith"
8. Aimee Semple McPherson, "A Woman of Destiny"
9. Kathryn Kuhlman, "The Woman Who Believed in Miracles"
10. William Branham, "A Prophet of Notable Signs and Wonders"
11. Jack Coe, "The Man of Reckless Faith"
12. A. A. Allen, "The Miracle Man"

[size=20pt]Roberts Liardon, [/size]author, public speaker, spiritual leader, church historian, and humanitarian was born in Tulsa, Oklahoma, on February 14, 1966, the first male child born at Oral Roberts University. For this distinction he was named in honor of the university's founder. Thus, from the start of his life, Roberts was destined to be one of the most well-known Christian authors and orators of the twentieth century.

To date he has sold over six million books worldwide in over fifty languages and is internationally renowned. An author of over forty Christian and self-help books, Roberts' career in ministry began when he gave his first public address at the age of thirteen. At seventeen he published his first book, I Saw Heaven, which catapulted him into the public eye.

By the time he was eighteen years old, he was one of the leading public speakers in the world. Later he would write and produce a book and video series entitled God's Generals, which became a best-selling Christian series and established Roberts as one of the leading Protestant church historians. Roberts' eminence increased outside Christendom as well. Twice he was voted Outstanding Young Man in America, and his career has taken him to over one hundred nations.

He has been hosted by presidents, kings, leading political and religious leaders, as well as other world dignitaries. He has had the pleasure of meeting the likes of Billy Graham, former President Ronald Regan, and former Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher, and he received a letter from President George W. Bush honoring him for his commitment and contribution to improving the quality of life in his community. 

What strikes me most is the story of John G. Lake and the ebola outbreak in Africa, around the early 1900... get this book and be inspired on the faith of these men and women, who worked and walked the Word.

Get this book, or download freely
http://ebookbrowsee.net/god-s-generals-roberts-liardon-pdf-d181205065

Let's discuss the book. Joagbaje introduced the book to me, and I'm blessed of it. smiley

Thanks for the link. But only the first one is available for download. How about other? Which link?

1 Like

Re: God's Generals-Why They Succeeded And Why Some Failed by Gombs(m): 12:05am On Nov 09, 2014
PraiseDLord:

Thanks for the link. But only the first one is available for download. How about other? Which link?

I'd find that out
Re: God's Generals-Why They Succeeded And Why Some Failed by nora544: 12:44am On Nov 09, 2014
Read the devil who could heal and than you know that Lake was a fake and a liar this is from the University in south africa.

and he could heal nobody all is a fake like all this pentecost you have on your list no one is a real christian all are fake also Kuhlman was a big fake and a big liar but I know for brainwashed followers it is okay.

Lake died 1935 and at that time the world didnot know about ebola.
Re: God's Generals-Why They Succeeded And Why Some Failed by Gombs(m): 5:59am On Nov 09, 2014
nora544:
Read the devil who could heal and than you know that Lake was a fake and a liar this is from the University in south africa.

and he could heal nobody all is a fake like all this pentecost you have on your list no one is a real christian all are fake also Kuhlman was a big fake and a big liar but I know for brainwashed followers it is okay.

Lage died 1935 and at that time the world didnot know about ebola.

Nora would you just shut up?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: God's Generals-Why They Succeeded And Why Some Failed by Ranchhoddas: 11:04am On Nov 09, 2014
Gombs:

Nora would you just shut up?
but it is a fact that lake died 40years before the first ebola outbreak.Google is your friend.
Re: God's Generals-Why They Succeeded And Why Some Failed by nora544: 11:29am On Nov 09, 2014
Gombs:

Sorry gombs but what is written is the book is fake because that is a big lie from Lake there was no plague outbrack 1910 in south africa the outbreak was frOm 1899 to 1902

read this
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third_plague_pandemic

and Lake was never at this time in south africa sorry but it is very easy to make a reasearch and to find out that the hole life of Lake is a fake story.

when you didnot belief wikipedia please that read here where you can also read what happen in the medicine between 1909 and 1914 and you will not found one word from a plague in south africa.

http://cnparm.home.texas.net/Subj/Med/Med02.htm

http://www.sahistory.org.za/places/outbreak-bubonic-plague

you can read the hole story here and you will see that the goverment in south africa know how to handle that outbreak.

The outbreak of Bubonic Plague in Cape Town appears to have given a measure of warning to other coastal cities in the Cape, and a number of preventative and curative measures appear to have been implemented in various centres. Those taken in the Port Elizabeth-Uitenhage area were recorded in detail in the Blue Books for the Public Works Department of the Cape of Good Hope, and give us some idea of just how seriously the Health authorities viewed this danger.

In 1900 the first steps were taken by Government to place Port Elizabeth in a position to cope with a possible outbreak of Bubonic Plague, by the importation and erection of a Thresh's Disinfector. This was followed, in November 1900, by the dispatch to Port Elizabeth of a complete Equifex Disinfector, comprising of a boiler and three disinfecting chambers or containers, which were placed in storage pending their possible use. On 17 April 1901 the Acting District Inspector, Mr Rix-Trot, was instructed to proceed at once with the erection of two of the containers and the boiler, on a site previously selected by Professor Simpson, in Jetty Street, near to the Custom House, and to arrange for the erection of a building to house its functions. Plans were immediately prepared and tenders called for, and on Monday 22 April, the lowest was accepted, and the work put in hand.

The Disinfector building was 22.5m by 12m wide, and consisted of a timber frame clad in corrugated iron sheeting, based upon a concrete foundation, with a concrete screed floor 150mm thick. A brick wall divided the building into two parts, the disinfecting apparatus opening into either. Adjoining it was a boiler house, together with a bath room, the whole being supplied with drainage, gas, and water. The building was equipped with lead-covered tables, desks, and a drying horse, while the site was surrounded by a galvanized iron fence. The building was completed and ready for occupation within 19 days from the date of its commission. On 24 April the Colonial Secretary visited Port Elizabeth, where he was advised that, in addition, quarters for medical officers, together with a morgue, and offices for the Advisory Board of Health, would also be required. As a result the provision of doctor's quarters, accommodation for a housekeeper and for white attendants, offices for the Plague Board, a morgue, and fencing for the Contact Camp were all agreed to. Plans were immediately prepared and tenders called for the following:

so it was not tru that south africa wait for Lake because 1900 Lake was not in south africa so please stop posting fake stories fromn fake pastors and Lake was in america at that time.

I know history is not yours and education outside the books from your fake pentecost/cahrismnatic lliars is also not yours.

1 Like

Re: God's Generals-Why They Succeeded And Why Some Failed by Boss13: 11:39am On Nov 09, 2014
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_G._Lake

The publication above attribute this man to be a fraud. Before you get your mind induced, put on an objective and logical cap

1 Like

Re: God's Generals-Why They Succeeded And Why Some Failed by nora544: 11:54am On Nov 09, 2014
Kathryn Kuhlman, "The Woman Who Believed in Miracles"

Following a 1967 fellowship in Philadelphia, Dr. William A. Nolen conducted a case study of 23 people who claimed to have been cured during her services.[3][4][5][6] Nolen's long term follow-ups concluded that there were no cures in those cases. One woman who was said to have been cured of spinal cancer threw away her brace and ran across the stage at Kuhlman's command; her spine collapsed the next day and she died four months later

Healing

Many accounts of healings were published in her books, which were "ghost-written" by author Jamie Buckingham of Florida, including her autobiography, which was dictated at a hotel in Las Vegas.[18] Buckingham also wrote his own Kuhlman biography that presented an unvarnished account of her life.[19]
Legacy

For several decades there has been serious debate regarding the authenticity of Kathryn Kuhlman's ministry. Some would suggest that she was a modern day prophet exercising the power of God, whereas others would suggest that she was a false prophet, exercising a "spirit" that masqueraded as God. The debate continues today with many believers upholding Kuhlman as an important forerunner (including proponents of the "Prosperity Theology" & "Faith Healing" movement, such as Benny Hinn), and with some Christian cessationist apologists, such as[20] Hank Hanegraaff of the Christian Research Institute, considering Kuhlman to be an influential forerunner of a false Christianity that robs people of their money and propagates a distorted substitute of true Christian teachings.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kathryn_Kuhlman
Re: God's Generals-Why They Succeeded And Why Some Failed by Kay17: 12:03pm On Nov 09, 2014
Gombs:

Well, yeah...you've got a point there...but, at this instance the name of the disease is irrelevant, the faith is!

Wasn't it foolish of him not to take advantage of God provided medicine?
Re: God's Generals-Why They Succeeded And Why Some Failed by nora544: 12:13pm On Nov 09, 2014
Image123:

Sorry the plaque in south africa was from 1899 - 1902 and at this time Lake the liar was in america.

please read this but I know you will not read it it is the same with the book I told you you should read about Lake the devil who could heal.

Re: God's Generals-Why They Succeeded And Why Some Failed by Image123(m): 12:13pm On Nov 09, 2014
Lol, Nora is back. My good friend wey no dey hear say God can heal or prosper.

1 Like

Re: God's Generals-Why They Succeeded And Why Some Failed by Image123(m): 12:19pm On Nov 09, 2014
nora544:

Sorry the plaque in south africa was from 1899 - 1902 and at this time Lake the liar was in america.

please read this but I know you will not read it it is the same with the book I told you you should read about Lake the devil who could heal.

Kai, what did i do for you. I already read the book na and i said so. 11.11pm August 31.
https://www.nairaland.com/1790500/word-faith-movements-doctrine-proponents/22#25925496#25925265
Re: God's Generals-Why They Succeeded And Why Some Failed by nora544: 12:33pm On Nov 09, 2014
Image123:

Kai, what did i do for you. I already read the book na and i said so. 11.11pm August 31.
https://www.nairaland.com/1790500/word-faith-movements-doctrine-proponents/22#25925496#25925265

Lake has never healed and he was a big liar he wrote about the plaque in south africa but at the time he was in south africa there was no plaque Lake is a liar and a fraudster like all this Gods gernals from the fake Robert Liardon all he want was to make money from the books and not more.

1 Like

Re: God's Generals-Why They Succeeded And Why Some Failed by Image123(m): 12:49pm On Nov 09, 2014
nora544:

Lake has never healed and he was a big liar he wrote about the plaque in south africa but at the time he was in south africa there was no plaque Lake is a liar and a fraudster like all this Gods gernals from the fake Robert Liardon all he want was to make money from the books and not more.
But you lied to me about who started healing school, who should i believe now?
Re: God's Generals-Why They Succeeded And Why Some Failed by Gombs(m): 2:12pm On Nov 09, 2014
Image123:
Lol, Nora is back. My good friend wey no dey hear say God can heal or prosper.

She loves wikipedia eh!!!

hheheehhehe grin

Lake never healed anyone? Hmmmm, WinsomeX aka Drummaboy, shedemidemi aka vooks, trustman food don done o! grin grin grin

Nora has a new allegation, you can put it up in that WoF thread F22. Nora lied about the healing school ie who started it, all because she trusts wikipedia more than her bible.

1 Like

Re: God's Generals-Why They Succeeded And Why Some Failed by paulGrundy(m): 2:21pm On Nov 09, 2014
Gombs:

hheheehhehe grin

Lake never healed anyone? Hmmmm, WinsomeX aka Drummaboy, shedemidemi aka vooks, trustman food don done o! grin grin grin

Nora has a new allegation, you can put it up in that WoF thread F22. Nora lied about the healing school ie who started it, all because she trusts wikipedia more than her bible.

I have studied the Wikipeadia references she put forth and I observed that their sources is malicious, it should not be taken seriously.

Gombs can you suggest any website where I can download free christain e-books, particularly kenneth hagin.
Re: God's Generals-Why They Succeeded And Why Some Failed by vooks: 2:33pm On Nov 09, 2014
I don't understand pidgin. What are you saying?
Gombs:

hheheehhehe grin

Re: God's Generals-Why They Succeeded And Why Some Failed by Gombs(m): 2:59pm On Nov 09, 2014
vooks:
I don't understand pidgin. What are you saying?

Use google translate

1 Like

Re: God's Generals-Why They Succeeded And Why Some Failed by Gombs(m): 3:08pm On Nov 09, 2014
paulGrundy:

I have studied the Wikipeadia references she put forth and I observed that their sources is malicious, it should not be taken seriously.

Yup, i already knew that.

Gombs can you suggest any website where I can download free christain e-books, particularly kenneth hagin. [/quote]

See tons of them here

Amen
Re: God's Generals-Why They Succeeded And Why Some Failed by vooks: 3:27pm On Nov 09, 2014
Google don't waste brains reading negro tea leaves
Gombs:

Use google translate

1 Like

Re: God's Generals-Why They Succeeded And Why Some Failed by Image123(m): 3:30pm On Nov 09, 2014
vooks:

Google don't waste brains reading negro tea leaves

What language is this one?

1 Like

Re: God's Generals-Why They Succeeded And Why Some Failed by vooks: 3:53pm On Nov 09, 2014
If I expounded the joke, it would cease to be such.

How is your Lord's Day my brother?

Image123:

What language is this one?

1 Like

Re: God's Generals-Why They Succeeded And Why Some Failed by Nobody: 9:51am On Apr 12, 2016
U cant expect d demonic agents all over d world to keep calm without working hard to falsify d expoilt of GOD'S GENERALS. The Demon s a deciever. His agents are everywhere. Beware of their antics and deceptions. They work to distrupt any activity that will help you to grow in ur faith. Do not let ur desire to buy, download and read d books mentioned above grow cold bc of d demonic, fake stories above. Go ahead and do anything dt will increase ur FAITH in GOD. MAY GOD HELP US IN THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST. AMEN!

1 Like

Re: God's Generals-Why They Succeeded And Why Some Failed by asalimpo(m): 12:21pm On Apr 12, 2016
To atheists every man of God is a liar. All cases of healing are fabrications.
All spiritual experiences are minds playing tricks ...
they run scared and want to put down all things by all means.

John J Lake was a phenomenom.

He returned to the U.s and was so effective in healing that , all hospitals closed down in his town!!

If it were today - (if he were nigerian),his advisers would have diversified the ministry into education - opening universities and secondary schools.
banking - ?? (possibly)
maybe secured an oil and gas license to prospect for crude - all to the glory of God.

soliciting money for yet another private jet (if he were american ala benny hinn).
Acquiring mansions and villas in helly-wood;competing to live like movie stars.
Trying to re-institute first fruit offering in the ministry!
Expounding how the glory of God is a car,house, etc -
Auctioned off his hanky and shoes at special services...
Gotten plastic surgery to look younger ..
collected offering in hard currency..
Invited guest speakers from other countries and charged members fees for attendance

His fame would have been marketed and the anointing would have been merchandised for filthy lucre.

2 Likes

Re: God's Generals-Why They Succeeded And Why Some Failed by paulGrundy(m): 12:41pm On Apr 12, 2016
Gombs please how can I download God Generals 2?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mob Destroys Church Of Benin Pastor Accused Of Sleeping With Married Woman. PICS / Sfiso Ncwane Buys Car For Francis Anosike, Nigerian Pastor For Healing Him (pics / Ugandan Man Claiming To Be Jesus Christ, And His Nine Followers Arrested (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.